PDA

View Full Version : some observations from yesterday...

fadada1
11/4/2007, 08:08 AM
lou holtz is retarded. SERIOUSLY. the fact that he "supports" callahan is surreal.

alabama - ugh!!!! no excuse barfing that one away.

bobby bowden might decide to coach for another 10 years after their win. fsu played a heck of a game in spite of a figure-head coach. mickey andrews is the reason they won.

the wisconsin cheerleaders apparently took over in the 4th quarter. nice going.

i'd love to see OU/oregon play for it all... and have oregon get every reviewed play against them. if they make the MCN game, i'm scared to think what uniform they'll bring. it might be a shade of green that hasn't been identified on the spectrum of colors as yet.

are we really that suprised that the pokes lost??? if there was a bet in vegas that said, "okie state will give up a big 4th quarter lead" and you didn't take that bet, you're as stupid as the aforementioned lou holtz. 24 unanswered points in 11 1/2 minutes. that's almost as bad as getting 76 scored on you (and it's not a basketball game).

speaking of which... nebraska. is there a sadder state of affairs than that??? callenberger needs to go... and now. someone needs to sack-up and fire him. clearly, the players have given up on the coaching staff and the season. what harm could it do to can the coaching staff and let the players do it for the rest of the year.

our D played great last night. very impressed. i hope english takes next week off to get a little healing done. obviously, we did some nice things during the week off - WITH THE EXCEPTION OF PUNT RETURNS!!! WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL ARE WE DOING??? sam looked great. i loved the use of gresham!!!!! kelly had some drops (a little frustrating to see). the running game looked very nice. no huge runs, but nice runs when we needed them.

good game.

OUHOMER
11/4/2007, 08:27 AM
osu needs to be re named to chokie state, linda lovelace could be there mascot.

I dont know why but Sam and Kellys timing is off just a bit. I dont know if hes getting jammed at the line just enough or what. They had so many missed passes that were just too close.

Blues1
11/4/2007, 08:28 AM
English is out for 1 to 2 weeks on the latest reports - maybe more...??

Punt and Kick off returns for OU - Where are they...??

Yep, Bowden needed that win - Now he thinks he can still coach... :)

Holtz makes for good tv - who else can we laugh at.....!!!

Keep R'

Charla
11/4/2007, 09:24 AM
It is getting where I would rather listen to Lee Corso rather than Lou Holtz. Maybe he can go back to Notre Dumb while they are on a roll with the offensive Genius.

randu
11/4/2007, 09:24 AM
What about kick off coverage? We were terrible at that last night. I thought they were going to take it to the house at least 3 times on us last night.

Re: Lou Holtz - You have to think of it from his perspective. If you were an idiot, you would think the same thing too.

boomersooner28
11/4/2007, 09:30 AM
I need to re-watch the game, cause I was distracted quite a bit by a 3-year old during it, BUT from what I remember on the "dropped" passes, it seems that the throws were not all that great. Sam has had some accuracy issues of late. I remember seeing throws high, behind, and a few low so the receivers can't run after they catch.

OklaPony
11/4/2007, 09:33 AM
How about Mark "The A$$hat" May ripping on Callahan? While I happen to agree with him on this one rare occasion, I was pretty surprised that he basically said he should resign today, right now, and never look back after such an embarrassment.

Jacie
11/4/2007, 09:37 AM
are we really that suprised that the pokes lost??? if there was a bet in vegas that said, "okie state will give up a big 4th quarter lead" and you didn't take that bet, you're as stupid as the aforementioned lou holtz. 24 unanswered points in 11 1/2 minutes.

Ummm . . . no. lOSUr has turned this into a habit against the whorns but it goes back much farther than that. If you are too young then find a recap of the 1983 Sooner/choke game played in Stoolwater. It was only 18 points over that 11 1/2 minutes but it was classic aggie. Someone should post on YouTube a clip of the onside kick that Oklahoma had to recover bouncing off an aggot's helmet.

TUSooner
11/4/2007, 09:52 AM
Here's an observation from today:
I get the Sunday morning paper (New Orleans Times-Picayune) and the front page features a massive headline and picture of LSU gloating about their win over 'Bama. Naturally, there's even more on the front of the sportgs section. I wanted to see what they said about OU's romp. In the "Other Top 25" box I got this: "late game." :mad: HOWEVER, the FSU v BC game, which ended some time after the OU game, got several paragraphs!
The best thing about that newspaper is that it's pretty absorbent. :rolleyes:

King Crimson
11/4/2007, 10:01 AM
Here's an observation from today:
I get the Sunday morning paper (New Orleans Times-Picayune) and the front page features a massive headline and picture of LSU gloating about their win over 'Bama. Naturally, there's even more on the front of the sportgs section. I wanted to see what they said about OU's romp. In the "Other Top 25" box I got this: "late game." :mad: HOWEVER, the FSU v BC game, which ended some time after the OU game, got several paragraphs!
The best thing about that newspaper is that it's pretty absorbent. :rolleyes:

i went to college in Nashville and it was like there weren't any football games on a given Saturday outside the SEC. no coverage of anything OU/Big 8 related except maybe a boxscore and a blurb of text in "other scores" rundown that was basically gleaned from the box: like, "Cale Gundy threw for 180 yards as OU beat Kansas State 28-17".

OUHOMER
11/4/2007, 10:39 AM
I need to re-watch the game, cause I was distracted quite a bit by a 3-year old during it, BUT from what I remember on the "dropped" passes, it seems that the throws were not all that great. Sam has had some accuracy issues of late. I remember seeing throws high, behind, and a few low so the receivers can't run after they catch.

Sam , did throw some behind Kelly, but the over throws and/high throws I thought were on line. Kelly just needed 1 more step.

stoopified
11/4/2007, 11:19 AM
I can't criticize a QB for accuracy when he is completing 69% of his passes for the year and 70% for the game.I was always told IF YOU CAN GET YOUR HANDS ON IT,YOU SHOULD CATCH IT.Right after that I was moved to defense.