PDA

View Full Version : OK....did I drink something funny?

brown town sooner
11/3/2007, 07:32 PM
Did I just see TWICE DeMarco Murray lineup under quarterback? What the ?????

badger
11/3/2007, 07:33 PM
bradford's having severe problems.

ACNE problems :D

sanantoniosooner
11/3/2007, 07:34 PM
I don't think we can rule out you drinking something funny.

brown town sooner
11/3/2007, 07:41 PM
I mean...what the ??? Is this Wilson getting creative? Come on. Oh, and by the way...what's all the flap about comments Fran made? I just got in and didn't catch any of the pre-game.

chad
11/3/2007, 07:53 PM
I could see the wildcat formation working with Murray; That said, I'm not too fond of it right now. I'll take some warming up to.

We'll see if they abandon it during the game (I think they will)

Animal Mother
11/3/2007, 09:49 PM
ATM= MENTAL CASES

WHY ARE ALL AGGS INSANE???

ANIMAL HAIR IN THEIR UNDERWARE???

cheezyq
11/3/2007, 09:50 PM
actually it was 3 times

soonerboomer93
11/3/2007, 10:16 PM
hasn't he don't it in a couple games this year?

meoveryouxinfinity
11/3/2007, 10:34 PM
bradford's having severe problems.

ACNE problems :D
I was talking about this to my sister. Must be hitting puberty late. Maybe he will have a growth spurt. :D

Curly Bill
11/3/2007, 10:51 PM
Demarco lined up in the gun running the zone read with one of OUr other backs...has great potential to be a nice change-up if you ask me. I mean who do you key on: Demarco or Chris Brown/Alan Patrick...pick your poison.

brown town sooner
11/4/2007, 12:16 AM
Yeah...until he fumbles the ball on the snap in the shotgun. Uh....I'm not buying it. Too sandlot for me.

BornandBred
11/4/2007, 12:30 AM
Seemed to do OK for McFadden and Co when they called it the wildcat formation. I'm not opposed to it, but it needs to stay simple. Don't mix in the HB pass just yet.

Curly Bill
11/4/2007, 12:34 AM
Yeah...until he fumbles the ball on the snap in the shotgun. Uh....I'm not buying it. Too sandlot for me.

He's used to taking a handoff from the QB...that's tougher then catching a shotgun snap, besides that he's got some of the best hands on the team.

Yeah God forbid we do something slightly unorthodox. Wouldn't want to mislead the other team or anything by doing something "sandlotish."

Petro-Sooner
11/4/2007, 12:39 AM
noticed the d went to a man on the recievers. Hmmmm I think a poster on SF mentioned going to it a few weeks ago............... And OMG we didnt lose when we did it. Crazy idea that man D.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/4/2007, 12:45 AM
its actually pretty plain. he receives the ball and he runs or hands it off...

BornandBred
11/4/2007, 12:48 AM
If they were to put CB and DM in the wildcat, the have AP split out and motion through as if to reverse, we'd have the entire three headed monster on the field... OK, now I'M over complicating it.

goingoneight
I thought to myself as I saw it today... "WTF? OUr quarterback isn't black! Did we sneak PT back in there?" Then I realized we were doing that stupid direct snap deal that's no better than a regular power-I.

Crucifax Autumn
I like it. Any new wrinkles to show opponents on film is a good thing. And I've been saying all season we need to get the ball in Murray's hands more. I just think the big difference should be having a QB/passer in position to take a pitch from him for a bit more fun if the run isn't there because the defense bit on the play.

OUTrumpet
11/4/2007, 01:11 AM
Bradford lined up in the flanker on this play (Malcolm Kelly's normal spot). It's that goofy formation Arkansas runs called the Wildcat to get McFadden all his yards.

Crucifax Autumn
11/4/2007, 02:23 AM
Yep...and a pitch to bradford and then a pass would be awesome.

stoopified
11/4/2007, 09:51 AM
noticed the d went to a man on the recievers. Hmmmm I think a poster on SF mentioned going to it a few weeks ago............... And OMG we didnt lose when we did it. Crazy idea that man D.
Yes I did mention it a few weeks ago.

brown town sooner
11/4/2007, 09:56 AM
There are a TON of ways to be creative without having a runningback take a snap from center. I'm voicing my opinion and you guys can voice yours...that's why it's called a forum but for me...I just don't like it. You can still get the 3 headed monster in there in different formations aside from the so-called "Wildcat" formation. It's not like the other team isn't going to know what's going on when DM is behind center. I don't know...I was just not impressed with it and find it to be a little too "gimmick." I applaud Wilson trying to get more creative and give multiple looks but I'm not sure this is that great of an idea. Let's not forget that DM HAS had trouble hanging on to the ball. That has been the biggest knock on him....his tendency to cough it up. If they are going to run that formation I'd almost feel more comfortable with CB taking the snap. Just my opinion.