PDA

View Full Version : Kansas Jayhawks

SteelClip49
11/3/2007, 02:29 PM
62 points and only 3rd quarter.

HOLY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newbomb Turk
11/3/2007, 02:30 PM
To use Badger's post from another thread...

we've been discussing it on another thread already.

badger
11/3/2007, 02:31 PM
IT'S AGAINST NEBRASKA, HOLY GOD!

...and we shouldn't be taking the Lord's name in vain... or starting new threads on a topic we're already discussing on an existing thread :rolleyes:

EDIT: Thanks, Newbomb :D

Newbomb Turk
11/3/2007, 02:32 PM
somebody has to take up the slack since rus was banned.

badger
11/3/2007, 02:34 PM
somebody has to take up the slack since rus was banned.
wtf... rus banned? but I thought he and sanantonio were getting along for once! I thought it was the dawning of a new rus that didn't start threads every two seconds! Turning over a new leaf and stuff!

...I really must have missed out on something fun :( can you direct me in the right direction, por favor?

bringit
11/3/2007, 02:35 PM
mudhole

Newbomb Turk
11/3/2007, 02:38 PM
wtf... rus banned? but I thought he and sanantonio were getting along for once! I thought it was the dawning of a new rus that didn't start threads every two seconds! Turning over a new leaf and stuff!

...I really must have missed out on something fun :( can you direct me in the right direction, por favor?

there was more to it, but here is where it ended...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102384

sanantoniosooner
11/3/2007, 02:40 PM

I'm not sure what happened. This thread was the last time I saw him post.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102388

Newbomb Turk
11/3/2007, 02:41 PM
this was a good thread...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102371

badger
11/3/2007, 02:41 PM
I think it's a backhanded compliment to be certified at that type of thing :D

at times I think sf.com is like this... nsfw. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8mvrFHcgsc)

Flagstaffsooner
11/3/2007, 02:47 PM
I think it's a backhanded compliment to be certified at that type of thing :D

at times I think sf.com is like this... nsfw. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8mvrFHcgsc)Dude, you owe me a beer and a keyboard.:D

SteelClip49
11/3/2007, 02:47 PM
Newbomb, why be a turd and neg spek me? Like I did anything bad you hermaphrodite.

Newbomb Turk
11/3/2007, 02:49 PM
Newbomb, why be a turd and neg spek me? Like I did anything bad you hermaphrodite.
I didn't, but I can if you'd like.

edit: and name calling isn't allowed, so there.

sanantoniosooner
11/3/2007, 02:51 PM
Dude, you owe me a beer and a keyboard.:D
badger is a funny dude.

Newbomb Turk
11/3/2007, 02:53 PM
badger is a funny dude.

and I'm a hermaphrodite.

Flagstaffsooner
11/3/2007, 02:54 PM
Back to the original topic. Mangino is sitting on Callahan and farting in his face. Love it.

Newbomb Turk
11/3/2007, 02:56 PM
Back to the original topic. Mangino is sitting on Callahan and farting in his face. Love it.

I might pay to see that - might.

Disturbing and entertaining all at the same time.

badger
11/3/2007, 02:56 PM
That is one of my fav Harry Potter parodies :D

Newbomb Turk
11/3/2007, 02:58 PM
that was pretty darn funny.

Flagstaffsooner
11/3/2007, 02:59 PM
and I'm a hermaphrodite.I didn't know that.:D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/afiesq/012305_johnny_carson_alone.jpg

badger
11/3/2007, 03:01 PM
The ginger kids one is pretty funny too. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGUVRsOMPs0)

handcrafted
11/3/2007, 03:49 PM
Dude, you owe me a beer and a keyboard.:D

Dude, baj isn't a dude. :D

handcrafted
11/3/2007, 03:50 PM
That being said, KU is for freakin' real. If we are fortunate enough to meet them in the B12 champ game, we need to bringit.

SWFloridaSooner
11/3/2007, 04:01 PM
Kansas is pretty impressive this year. Meeting them in the Big 12 should make for a good game.

birddog
11/3/2007, 04:12 PM
this was a good thread...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102371

maybe rusty's online pharmacy got shut down.

kansas is good. really good.

badger
11/3/2007, 04:22 PM
Dude, baj isn't a dude. :D
Dude, he knows dude. It's just like, d00d, that was so d00d, d00d.
http://images.disneysites.com/cards/common/dude-thumb.jpg
DUDE...

SWFloridaSooner
11/3/2007, 10:56 PM
Okay, I have a question. I grew up in NE Oklahoma, 30 miles from the Kansas border but have never known the answer. Probably because I never cared enough to ask, but wth does "Rock Chalk Jayhawk" mean?????? I am sick to death of hearing it, but now it is beginning to bug me because I don't know what it means. Help a sooner fan out?

sanantoniosooner
11/3/2007, 10:58 PM
Help a sooner fan out?
you bet.

http://www.google.com

Wishboned
11/3/2007, 11:41 PM
Okay, I have a question. I grew up in NE Oklahoma, 30 miles from the Kansas border but have never known the answer. Probably because I never cared enough to ask, but wth does "Rock Chalk Jayhawk" mean?????? I am sick to death of hearing it, but now it is beginning to bug me because I don't know what it means. Help a sooner fan out?

Here you go...

The Rock Chalk Chant is perhaps the most distinctive cheer in all of college sports. Some have likened it to a Gregorian chant, but anyone who has been in Allen Fieldhouse and heard the chant start low, then build and roll over the crowd knows that it is much, much more.

The "Rock Chalk" chant dates to 1866, when it was adopted by the University Science Club. A chemistry professor, E.H.S. Bailey and some of his associates were returning to Lawrence from Wichita on a train. As the story goes, they passed the time by trying to create a rousing cheer. The sound of the train's wheels on the rails suggested a rhythm and a cadence to them. At first, the cheer was "Rah, Rah, Jayhawk, KU" repeated three times.

Even though KU didn't have a football team until four years later, KU students quickly took up the chant. Later, an English professor suggested "Rock Chalk," in place of "Rah, Rah" because it rhymed with Jayhawk and because it was symbolic of the limestone, also known as chalk rock, surrounding Mount Oread, the site of the Lawrence Campus. It became the official cheer of the University in 1897.

Teddy Roosevelt pronounced the Rock Chalk Chant the greatest college chant he'd ever heard. It was used by Kansas troops fighting in the Philippines in 1899, the Boxer Rebellion in China, and World War II. At the Olympic games in 1920, the King of Belgium asked for a typical American college yell. The assembled athletes agreed on KU's Rock Chalk and rendered it for His Majesty.

The words to the chant are simple. "Rock Chalk, Jayhawk, KU" repeated five times. The chant is special not because of the words, but because of the tone in which it is chanted and the distinctive cadence in which each verse is delivered. The only way to really appreciate the chant is to sit in Allen Fieldhouse before a Missouri game. But, if in need of a fix, the links below should recall the rocking rafters of Phog's place.

josh09
11/3/2007, 11:42 PM
The Big 12 Championship is going to be a huge win for us this year if we can get it done, no matter if its a rematch with Mizzou or Kansas, who is likely to be undefeated.

jrsooner
11/3/2007, 11:52 PM
The Big 12 Championship is going to be a huge win for us this year if we can get it done, no matter if its a rematch with Mizzou or Kansas, who is likely to be undefeated.Only thing that has me worried... is this is an odd year (2007). The north has typically won the Big 12 championship in odd years.

rubyspirit
11/3/2007, 11:55 PM
Nebraska still scored 39 points. That means KU's defense sucks big time. We all know the Huskers team is bad; therefore, the 76 points.

No worries. OU will shut down their Rock Chalk Chant real quick in the Big 12 Champ game.

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crucifax Autumn
11/4/2007, 01:00 AM
I want Kansas so we'll have defeated 2 or maybe 3 top 10 teams in the final BCS...We'll get a nice boost from that.

birddog
11/4/2007, 01:07 AM
i don't want to have to face mizzou again. i think we would fare better against ku.

Sooner in Tampa
11/4/2007, 08:11 AM
i don't want to have to face mizzou again. i think we would fare better against ku.ditto

SWFloridaSooner
11/4/2007, 02:35 PM
Well, thanks for all your help fellow Sooners. Greatest chant of all time. Wow. I've taken a lot of heat over Boomer Sooner in my life time and I have proudly defended it. Nobody who chants Rock Chalk Jayhawk had ever make fun of Boomer Sooner again. Wow.

GoTigers
11/4/2007, 04:18 PM
i don't want to have to face mizzou again. i think we would fare better against ku.

Well, I really am seeing an OU/Mizzou B12 champ game. The kansas/Mizzou matchup on the 24 is going to be a lot more lopsided than people think. If you match up the teams, Kansas' weaknesses are Mizzou's strengths.

LakeTiger
11/4/2007, 05:37 PM
Well, I really am seeing an OU/Mizzou B12 champ game. The kansas/Mizzou matchup on the 24 is going to be a lot more lopsided than people think. If you match up the teams, Kansas' weaknesses are Mizzou's strengths.

Mizzou's BCS ratings will go skyhigh after beating KU & OU on supposedly neutral fields.:D

SoonerKnight
11/4/2007, 08:33 PM
Mizzou's BCS ratings will go skyhigh after beating KU & OU on supposedly neutral fields.:D

Realllly? WTF ever!

SoonerKnight
11/5/2007, 12:17 AM
Nebraska still scored 39 points. That means KU's defense sucks big time. We all know the Huskers team is bad; therefore, the 76 points.

No worries. OU will shut down their Rock Chalk Chant real quick in the Big 12 Champ game.

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly and we played A&M and they were in a struggle to beat them and OU rolled right over them. What was that game 19-11? I mean really KU may have gotten it together but they really still do not have the talent to keep up with a team as deep as OU. Look at LSU their star defensive player gets hurt and they still have to playem. OU is so deep that really we don't have to worry too much about it. Injuries this year have been relatively light for OU because of the depth and being able to rotate the players. KU maybe good but I think they stumble with Missouri and if not they get steamed rolled by OU. I'm sure Stoops would say that the odd year curse is a bunch of baloney.

Soonerfan1993
11/5/2007, 12:56 AM
Only thing that has me worried... is this is an odd year (2007). The north has typically won the Big 12 championship in odd years.

Records have to be broken eventually.

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2007, 02:47 AM
What is this...A Trekkie convention? The odd numbered sequels suck? lol

We'll rid ourselves of that curse this year.

SoonerKnight
11/5/2007, 02:50 AM
We break that record this year! We win 2 straight and get #8!

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2007, 02:52 AM
Yep...And we'll have 10 by the time Bradford & Murray graduate!

SoonerKnight
11/5/2007, 03:06 AM
How sweet that would be as long as #8 comes at LSU's expense. I'm mean in their own back yard!

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2007, 03:14 AM
Would be nice for 8-10 to come over SUC, UO, and LSU

SoonerKnight
11/5/2007, 03:15 AM
That would be a wet dream .............. I mean a dream come true! :D

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2007, 03:21 AM
Oh...I'd have no problem waking up messy from those dreams!

SoonerKnight
11/5/2007, 03:48 AM
The parties would be great too! I'd have to come home for that except the wife and well you know.......