PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Henryetta Knights!!!

tulsaoilerfan
11/3/2007, 11:28 AM
District 2A-5 champs!!! This is the first District Championship in football for our school since 1951!!!! Henryetta beat Morris at morris last night 21-13 in front of a crowd estimated to be 6,000 people in a game that was as good as it was expected to be; now let's make a run at that gold ball!!!:D :D :D

Okla-homey
11/3/2007, 11:32 AM
I have a young friend who was the last 1000 yd rusher at Morris. I asked him Friday if he was going to the game. Sadly, he said no. Congrats Henryetta!

tulsaoilerfan
11/3/2007, 11:38 AM
I have a young friend who was the last 1000 yd rusher at Morris. I asked him Friday if he was going to the game. Sadly, he said no. Congrats Henryetta!
He missed a great game then; Morris has a lot of talent on offense that i could see them easily making the 3rd round or the semis; Henryetta is just loaded on defense only giving up 74 pts this year in 10 games, and about half of that either came directly on turnovers or on turnovers giving the opposition the ball deep in our territory

badger
11/3/2007, 11:54 AM
District 2A-5 champs!!! This is the first District Championship in football for our school since 1951!!!! Henryetta beat Morris at morris last night 21-13 in front of a crowd estimated to be 6,000 people in a game that was as good as it was expected to be; now let's make a run at that gold ball!!!:D :D :D
wait a sec... you guys didn't win when you had Troy Aikman?!

whoever your QB is, we better recruit him because we CANNOT lose another stud Henryetta QB to UCLA! :mad:

Petro-Sooner
11/3/2007, 12:38 PM
I went to Morris in grade school when they were winning state titles. It was good times. I've always wondered. Why did they change their mascot??

frankensooner
11/3/2007, 12:47 PM
I lived in Henryetta up through 3th grade. Had I stayed, I would have graduated with Troy. I liked it better when they were the Fighting Hens though.

tulsaoilerfan
11/3/2007, 12:59 PM
wait a sec... you guys didn't win when you had Troy Aikman?!

whoever your QB is, we better recruit him because we CANNOT lose another stud Henryetta QB to UCLA! :mad:
No, 6-4 when he was a senior, and finished 3rd in the old 4 team districts that were around back then; that was a good team that beat the 2A state champs(morris), but lost 2 close games in the district that kept them out of the playoffs.