PDA

View Full Version : Official 'Early Games' Thread

Pages : [1] 2

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 10:58 AM
1200-
ESPN: Purdue @ Penn State
ESPN2: Iowa @ Northwestern
(Get the earlier Bigten snoozers out of the way.....)
1230-
FSN: Nebraska@ Kansas
Versus: Kstate @ Iowa State

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 11:03 AM
Purdue just returned the opening kickoff.

birddog
11/3/2007, 11:05 AM
you have a similar thread to this one. i'm confused as to which one to post in.

sooner518
11/3/2007, 11:06 AM
Mythbusters is a much more preferable option than either of these games

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 11:08 AM
Mythbusters is a much more preferable option than either of these gamesIs it on?? :D

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 11:12 AM
you have a similar thread to this one. i'm confused as to which one to post in.I created one for Gameday. Then this one for all the early games before OUrs. I was stupid to do that.

Mods merge if you wish plzkthks.

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 11:16 AM
Nw 7
Iowa 0

tosu 7
Wisky 0

<snnorrre>

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 11:19 AM
These early games are brutal...sucks cause I wish some of the great games later today were spread out.

birddog
11/3/2007, 11:21 AM
early morning games are ALWAYS brutal because they show the crap big 10 teams scrapping it out.

but after a month i'll be complaining that there aren't any games on tv so i'll just shut my yapper.

King Crimson
11/3/2007, 11:23 AM
early morning games are ALWAYS brutal because they show the crap big 10 teams scrapping it out.

exactly what i was going to post. the Big 10 games hold no interest for me whatsoever. i can't even pay attention to them. i'm sitting through some lame FOX Rocky talk Bronco talk show waiting for KU-NU to start.

ouradu
11/3/2007, 11:26 AM
miami/nc st on the u. Why are we not seeing the oh st/wisc game?

Octavian
although we all think these early games are boring.....come April or May I'd kill to see any sort of college football....of any kind.

this season is going too by too fast...

StormySooner-IN
Big 10 games are the worst of em all, I agree. I like watching college football so watch Ill watch them though.

I cant wait for 5 more minutes until the KU/NU game tho....

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 11:27 AM
miami/nc st on the u. Why are we not seeing the oh st/wisc game?Its on the Big Ten Network.

ouradu
11/3/2007, 11:28 AM
wisc 3
oh st 7

King Crimson
11/3/2007, 11:32 AM
this season is going too by too fast...

hard to believe it's week 10 already. i live in Boulder and it feels like the day before yesterday i was walking home on a Saturday past Folsom Field thinking the season was *only* 2 weeks away.

ruf/nekdad
11/3/2007, 11:33 AM
tOSU 7 Wisky 3

King Crimson
i love Dave Lapham. he's so awesome.

what a blowhard. extra effort by the underdog should give you a break on a call from the ref!

get'em Big Dave.

OU James
So how long is it before Garrick Mcgee's back at OU? We've taken Northwestern offensive coordinators before.

Octavian
11/3/2007, 11:35 AM
hard to believe it's week 10 already. i live in Boulder and it feels like the day before yesterday i was walking home on a Saturday past Folsom Field thinking the season was *only* 2 weeks away.

I know, it's crazy....before you know it we'll be in the throws of the monotonous offseason.

It's nice to wake up and watch college football all day..

King Crimson
11/3/2007, 11:36 AM
So how long is it before Garrick Mcgee's back at OU? We've taken Northwestern offensive coordinators before.

i'd bet Merv Johnson is the only person drawing a paycheck from the OU AD that even remembers or ever knew about Garrick as a Sooner. from all accounts, GM is a really good guy. but, i don't see any real connection with the staff today....unless it's through Wilson and Randy Walker.

Octavian
11/3/2007, 11:36 AM
Vandy returned the opening kickoff to around midfield.

The Swamp seems dead.

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 11:37 AM
I know, it's crazy....before you know it we'll be in the throws of the monotonous offseason.

It's nice to wake up and watch college football all day..
Amen. It has gone so fast so far.
Power Towels/WhirlyBirds on Versus, now.

birddog
11/3/2007, 11:37 AM
man, i was unable to sleep last night because i was so anxious to get up and watch iowa-northwestern this morning.

ruf/nekdad
11/3/2007, 11:38 AM
Wisky is not looking too bad. This is a good thing.

ouradu
11/3/2007, 11:45 AM
just flipping through channels, turns out with dish network I get Big 10. sweet, better game.

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 11:46 AM
Kansas goes 3 and out....Nebbish partially blocks punt.

King Crimson
11/3/2007, 11:47 AM
Kansas goes 3 and out....Nebbish partially blocks punt.

i've got Nebraska +20. a cheap TD might be all i need to cover.

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 11:49 AM
Nebraska better not screw up our SOS...if they do, go Missouri! Nebby knocking on the door.

And by screw up our SOS I mean a chance to beat an unbeaten team in Kansas in the Big 12 Championship.

badger
11/3/2007, 11:51 AM
Everyone... learn the words to On Wisconsin. You should know the tune by now, as many Texas and Oklahoma high schools use it.
On, Wisconsin! On, Wisconsin!
Plunge right through that line!
Run the ball clear down the field, boys
touchdown sure this time. (U rah rah)
Fight on for her fame
Fight! Badgers! - fight, fight, fight!
We'll win this game.

Stand up, Badgers, sing!
"Forward" is our driving spirit,
Loyal voices ring.
Raise her glowing flame
Stand, Fellows, let us now
Salute her name!

I never learned that version of the lyrics. "On Wisconsin" is also the state song so there's more state-ish lyrics for that version.

As such, we should consider re-writing "Oklahoma!" to exclude the aggies more :D

Until a better version can be thunk up (thought up?), here goes:

Ooooooooook! Lahoma where we score after breaking that there plane
And with "waving wheat," aggie fans weep
as our touchdowns down on them will rain!

Ooooooooooook! Lahoma every night we'll run that ball and dive (score again!)
We stand alone on top, and watch others talk
about our great dear football game!

We know we're the best in the land
our ol' football team is great and dear and great!
So when we say.... O!
K-L-A-H-O-M and A! (U!)
We're only saying
We're so divine, Oklahoma!
Oklahoma! O-K!

...or something like that.

King Crimson
11/3/2007, 11:51 AM
Gans kinda sucks...looks like.

that's a TD with a deece toss.

couple Oklahoma kids in this game making plays.

hup, TD Bugeaters.

ruf/nekdad
11/3/2007, 11:52 AM
there ya go. Neb 7 KU 0

Ardmore_Sooner
11/3/2007, 11:52 AM
All the Ardmore grads on hear should know the Wisconsin music, we ripped it for our fight song.

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 11:54 AM
Everyone... learn the words to On Wisconsin. You should know the tune by now, as many Texas and Oklahoma high schools use it.
Plunge right through that line!
Run the ball clear down the field, boys
touchdown sure this time. (U rah rah)
Fight on for her fame
Fight! Badgers! - fight, fight, fight!
We'll win this game.

Stand up, Badgers, sing!
"Forward" is our driving spirit,
Loyal voices ring.
Raise her glowing flame
Stand, Fellows, let us now
Salute her name!

I never learned that version of the lyrics. "On Wisconsin" is also the state song so there's more state-ish lyrics for that version.

As such, we should consider re-writing "Oklahoma!" to exclude the aggies more :D

Until a better version can be thunk up (thought up?), here goes:

Ooooooooook! Lahoma where we score after breaking that there plane
And with "waving wheat," aggie fans weep
as our touchdowns down on them will rain!

Ooooooooooook! Lahoma every night we'll run that ball and dive (score again!)
We stand alone on top, and watch others talk
about our great dear football game!

We know we're the best in the land
our ol' football team is great and dear and great!
So when we say.... O!
K-L-A-H-O-M and A! (U!)
We're only saying
We're so divine, Oklahoma!
Oklahoma! O-K!

...or something like that.:D

My School's fight song is the Illini fight song. We have about 2700 there right now. My cousin's HS of 600 in Southern IN has the Wisky fight song.

King Crimson
11/3/2007, 11:57 AM
some more of that great Nebraska tackling. after watching the 4th quarter Jamal Charles runs.....and that, do they even play linebackers?

SoonerMom2
11/3/2007, 11:59 AM
When we lived in TX due to a transfer, four schools in our conference had On Wisconsin as their first song including the school the kids were attending.

The alma mater -- Auld Lang Syne

No original thoughts at all!

Ground_Attack
11/3/2007, 12:00 PM
some more of that great Nebraska tackling. after watching the 4th quarter Jamal Charles runs.....and that, do they even play linebackers?

linebackers? I was wondering about the entire defense!

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 12:00 PM
TD Jaybirds.

7-7
6:38 1Q

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 12:01 PM
ISU 7
Kstate 0
5:34 1Q
4th and 11 for Kstate

bluedogok
11/3/2007, 12:04 PM
Big Ten Network Games on DirecTV
218 - Ball State @ Indiana (SD/HD)
220 - Wisconsin @ tOSU (SD/HD)

7:00 PM
220 - Illinois @ Minnesota (SD/HD)

sooner518
11/3/2007, 12:06 PM
KU forgets about Lucky out of the backfield and he takes it to the house. 14-7 Bugeaters

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 12:06 PM
TD Bugeaters.

14-7

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 12:08 PM
durrr....Big XII Chef Guy commercial.

SoonerMom2
11/3/2007, 12:08 PM
KU forgets about Lucky out of the backfield and he takes it to the house. 14-7 Bugeaters

It was so funny as the announcers were just talking about how good the Kansas defense was when on 3-2, Nebraska passed and scored. Perfect timing.

King Crimson
11/3/2007, 12:10 PM
KU return guy not doing any real damage to his 41 yard average.

King Crimson
11/3/2007, 12:11 PM

that looked like a pretty good O call to me. Lucky is talented but he ain't an everydown back. he'll give you 2nd and 9 more times than not.

badger
11/3/2007, 12:13 PM
So... it's all Osborne, right? The players saw the golden god of Nebraska walk into practice one day and they all started giving maximum effort and played like they were on a national championship caliber team.

... I know it sounds like I'm dripping sarcasm, but this really does sound like what happened. They're used to a sniveling little weasel like that Pederson guy, not to mention Cally, and then all of the sudden this guy walks in that has three crystal footballs and the alleged "best team ever" in 1995. Thus, they all start working harder, they all start practicing harder and they would die trying to get the approval of this guy.

As for Cally, I've posted it before, but it's worth posting again:
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5378/l8rlsrrs1.jpg

mdklatt
11/3/2007, 12:16 PM
Is the Nebraska defense even trying? It looked like their entire D-line ended up on the ground on that play.

King Crimson
11/3/2007, 12:20 PM
So... it's all Osborne, right? The players saw the golden god of Nebraska walk into practice one day and they all started giving maximum effort and played like they were on a national championship caliber team.

... I know it sounds like I'm dripping sarcasm, but this really does sound like what happened. They're used to a sniveling little weasel like that Pederson guy, not to mention Cally, and then all of the sudden this guy walks in that has three crystal footballs and the alleged "best team ever" in 1995. Thus, they all start working harder, they all start practicing harder and they would die trying to get the approval of this guy.

there are less plausible things in the world. they have some good talent. and i'd be on board with '95 Husker team as dominant as anyone. that team could really play and were freakish on D.

whether or not they could have beaten Switzer is another story altogether.

:D

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 12:21 PM
14-0 Iowa State over Moist Toweletes.

Boomer.....
11/3/2007, 12:26 PM
KU - 21
NU - 14

End of 1st quarter.

tommieharris91
11/3/2007, 12:28 PM
Neb might get 40 scored on them this half.

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 12:29 PM
Penn State Misses FG.
Personal Foul against Purdue. Roughing Kicker.
Penn State Makes redo FG.
Halftime.

badger
11/3/2007, 12:29 PM
Thank you to all who participated in the first half "Let's help Wisconsin not suck" marathon by reading the words to "On Wisconsin."

Right now, they are only down by 7 in the big house. that's as good as a victory for the hapless badgers without their "Wisconsin Winnebago."

Now, for the second half, which will put them over the top, I want you to think about this much better, much more fun song, another Wisconsin tradition and favorite... after all, we like our polka... and our beer:
Roll out the barrel, We'll have a barrel of fun
Roll out the barrel, we've got the blues on the run
Zing Boom Terrara
Join in a glass of good cheer
Now it's time to roll the barrel
For the gang's all here

swardboy
11/3/2007, 12:30 PM
I'm not sure if playing Keller this year didn't set the bugeaters back. This Ganz kid looks good to me, but he missed out on a lot of development playing second string.

tommieharris91
11/3/2007, 12:30 PM
Pizza Shuttle Cheesesticks > Papa John's Cheesesticks

Free Papa John's Cheesesticks > Pizza Shuttle Cheesesticks

King Crimson
11/3/2007, 12:31 PM
buying leftover pizza dough with cheese on it is a loser venture anyway.

badger
11/3/2007, 12:34 PM
I'm not sure if playing Keller this year didn't set the bugeaters back. This Ganz kid looks good to me, but he missed out on a lot of development playing second string.
Much like the little porky-pine kid that's now a Domer, Keller likely got promised playing time to come to Nebbish. Thus, ND is set back years by not starting the right guy, and same goes for Nebraska.

Well, never questioned the fact that Callahan and Weis are two of the three dumbest stooges in college coaching, right?

The honor of "third stooge" is still being contested.

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 12:35 PM
Much like the little porky-pine kid that's now a Domer, Keller likely got promised playing time to come to Nebbish. Thus, ND is set back years by not starting the right guy, and same goes for Nebraska.

Well, never questioned the fact that Callahan and Weis are two of the three dumbest stooges in college coaching, right?

The honor of "third stooge" is still being contested.Fran is up there in the hunt for #3....

tommieharris91
11/3/2007, 12:35 PM
Thank you to all who participated in the first half "Let's help Wisconsin not suck" marathon by reading the words to "On Wisconsin."

Right now, they are only down by 7 in the big house. that's as good as a victory for the hapless badgers without their "Wisconsin Winnebago."

Now, for the second half, which will put them over the top, I want you to think about this much better, much more fun song, another Wisconsin tradition and favorite... after all, we like our polka... and our beer:
Roll out the barrel, We'll have a barrel of fun
Roll out the barrel, we've got the blues on the run
Zing Boom Terrara
Join in a glass of good cheer
Now it's time to roll the barrel
For the gang's all here

I feel wrong rooting for anything other than beer, brats, and cheese outta wiskansin... unless it helps OU!

tommieharris91
11/3/2007, 12:37 PM
buying leftover pizza dough with cheese on it is a loser venture anyway.

It came free with a large specialty pizza online. Papa John's usually has specials when you order online.

swardboy
11/3/2007, 12:38 PM
The Kansas qb is a good passer, but he's got to have wide open passing lanes because he's only 5'9".....somehow the KU line gets him those passing lanes.

badger
11/3/2007, 12:39 PM
blah blah blah I love Illy-noiz so d@mn much. blah blah blah da bearz, blah blah blah da zooker, blah blah blah da cubbies, blah blah blah da bulls da bulls da bulls
BEADJER? wtf...
Now TELL me, tommie, does your team have ANYTHING on sale as cool as THIS?!
http://www.badgerband.com/store/accessories/moo_rah_rah.jpg
:P

swardboy
11/3/2007, 12:40 PM
27-14 KU

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 12:42 PM
Nebraska's D is back to midseason form...and I would rag on Texas offense against Nebraska if I didn't know the Iowa State results for both of us.

swardboy
11/3/2007, 12:42 PM
Really sad to see a NU d-back stand there for an interception and have a big old bad KU receiver just take it away.....

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 12:43 PM
21-3 ISU

swardboy
11/3/2007, 12:43 PM
ISU 21- KSU 3

tommieharris91
11/3/2007, 12:45 PM
BEADJER? wtf...
Now TELL me, tommie, does your team have ANYTHING on sale as cool as THIS?!
http://www.badgerband.com/store/accessories/moo_rah_rah.jpg
:P

Hahahah, I have a cousin that goes to Illinois. Sadly, I haven't heard him say Zuuk yet. I'd buy that bull statue because, well, it's a bull. :D

Beadjer = trying to imitate the wiskansin accent online.

tommieharris91
11/3/2007, 12:46 PM
Seriously, Neb will give up 40 by the end of the half.

badger
Tee hee, KSU is falling victim to the same attitude that nearly got us a few weeks ago.

What attitude?

"Aww, look at the cute wittle cyclones trying to play wittle fooseball. Here, cyclone, cyclone, cyclone.... AWWW! $#!+, man, that's no cyclone! That's a d@mn cardinal, and IT JUST BIT ME!"

Fortunately, we did not fall for their decoy cardinal attack and overcame such a clever ruse.

King Crimson
ISU 21- KSU 3

wow.

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 12:49 PM
I will give Iowa State for getting better the last few weeks. They were in the game with Missouri until late last week.

swardboy
11/3/2007, 12:50 PM
I've come to the opinion that the Big 12 North has kicked it up a notch, Nebraska notwithstanding.....Chizik, Prince, and the CU coach (went braindead) are making a mark there.

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 12:51 PM
Ganz > Keller. Nice pass.

And someone tell Jordy Nelson that, after age 9, it's okay to drop the "Jordy" and just go by "Jordan"...good Lord, that is a cheesy name!

swardboy
11/3/2007, 12:53 PM
Nebbish wants to hang around.....

kevpks
11/3/2007, 12:54 PM
TD Wisky! 10-10 3rd quarter

tommieharris91
11/3/2007, 12:56 PM
KU 35
Neb 21
8:30 2nd

badger
11/3/2007, 12:57 PM
When you've said "Wisconsin" you've said it all!:D:D

swardboy

Please God, please, please, please..........

Octavian
please let Wisconsin win....

bluedogok
11/3/2007, 01:00 PM
The way ISU has played since the Whorn game it makes me wonder if Chizik kept it vanilla for Mack?

swardboy
11/3/2007, 01:00 PM
NU vs. KU.....Nice basketball game

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 01:01 PM
Let the upset alert begin. Ohio State three and out and giving it back to Wisconsin...all this without the Badgers best offensive weapon of P.J. Hill.

tommieharris91
11/3/2007, 01:01 PM
Troy 10
UGA 7
Start 2nd

swardboy
11/3/2007, 01:02 PM
Total offense: Nu- 208 Ku 298 ......8 minutes left in 2nd quarter

tulsaoilerfan
11/3/2007, 01:03 PM
NU and KU couldn't stop a high school offense so far

swardboy
11/3/2007, 01:05 PM
Dang, NU should of had that oskie!!!!!!!!!

badger
11/3/2007, 01:06 PM
Let the upset alert begin. Ohio State three and out and giving it back to Wisconsin...all this without the Badgers best offensive weapon of P.J. Hill.
To aid the upset, let me teach you another Wisconsin tradition...
http://badexample.mu.nu/archives/cheesehead%20extremist.jpg
Once upset a time, a bar used cheese bowls to put pretzels and such in. However, the bar owner saw more people using the bowls as hats instead of bowls (possibly a side effect of the beer, hmm?)

Thus, a company known as foamation startd making foam cheeseheads... a very popular item that was soon inducted into the smithsonian. There are now many other cheese items, such as...
http://www.presentationresources.net/images/cheesehead_top_hat.jpg

kevpks
11/3/2007, 01:07 PM
1st and goal Wisc.

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 01:07 PM
1st and goal Wisconsin!!!

kevpks
11/3/2007, 01:09 PM
TD Wisc.!

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 01:09 PM
TOUCHDOWN BADGERS!!!! Under 7 to play in the 3rd!

tommieharris91
11/3/2007, 01:10 PM
Whiskey 17
tOSU 10

Ardmore_Sooner
11/3/2007, 01:10 PM
TD wisky! 17-10

Blues1
11/3/2007, 01:11 PM
For some reason Not getting Wisc vs Ohio state on west coast --- Please Keep Game Updates Coming...!!!
Thanks --- :)

swardboy
11/3/2007, 01:11 PM
Hey, I think KU will score over 40 points before half.........

kevpks
11/3/2007, 01:12 PM
For some reason Not getting Wisc vs Ohio state on west coast --- Please Keep Game Updates Coming...!!!
Thanks --- :)

The game is on the Big-10 network, so about 98% of the country can't get it. I don't even have the option to get it and I live in Chicago.

Scott D
11/3/2007, 01:13 PM

they probably ran out of Ruud's ;)

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 01:13 PM
Hey, I think KU will score over 40 points before half.........

I'll take the over, Alex.

Scott D
11/3/2007, 01:14 PM
The game is on the Big-10 network, so about 98% of the country can't get it. I don't even have the option to get it and I live in Chicago.

lemme guess, you also have Comcast?

Newbomb Turk
11/3/2007, 01:15 PM
breaks my heart to see Callahan getting drubbed.

tommieharris91
11/3/2007, 01:15 PM
KU 42
Neb 21
2:43 2nd

fadada1
11/3/2007, 01:16 PM
apparently, some of you have the big10 network. i don't seem to here at work (do at home). i won't look so i don't jinx it.

keep us informed.

kevpks
11/3/2007, 01:16 PM
lemme guess, you also have Comcast?

Yep. It has been annoying watching Comcast and the Big Ten Network engage in their little slap fight in the media all season.

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 01:17 PM
apparently, some of you have the big10 network. i don't seem to here at work (do at home). i won't look so i don't jinx it.

keep us informed.

ESPN.com gamecast. Gives you the play by play.

Chuck Bao
I'm really enjoying KU running up the score on Nebbish.

Go Jayhawks!

swardboy
Heh....didn't know Santa was a KU fan....dude had some groovy dance moves there....

badger
11/3/2007, 01:18 PM
I think it is time to teach another tradition... it seems to be lucky :D

Basically, the student section has a variety of things they do to each other. Here is one of the more profane, nsfw ones. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQmDMM3ErzQ)

Yes, they are chanting that at themselves, not at opposing fans or alumni or anyone else... they are chanting at other students.

Here is a longer, better, and even more NSFW version. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEqHchy3WB0)

So, should any of you ever want to visit there for football... change your mind :D

Scott D
Yep. It has been annoying watching Comcast and the Big Ten Network engage in their little slap fight in the media all season.

The best part is Comcast's stance doesn't hold water because of the existence of the Versus channel.

The Maestro
Nice pick, Jayhawks. They should score and go for 2...just to say they did!

tommieharris91
11/3/2007, 01:19 PM
KU ball at Neb 20. Neb threw a pick.

Scott D
I think it is time to teach another tradition... it seems to be lucky :D

Basically, the student section has a variety of things they do to each other. Here is one of the more profane, nsfw ones. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQmDMM3ErzQ)

Yes, they are chanting that at themselves, not at opposing fans or alumni or anyone else... they are chanting at other students.

Here is a longer, better, and even more NSFW version. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEqHchy3WB0)

So, should any of you ever want to visit there for football... change your mind :D

but the game is at the salad tosser state university, not in the land of Sins ;)

swardboy
And Ku intercepts at the NU ....wow.

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 01:21 PM
Ohio State on Wisky side of the field and driving...around the 30.

And Kansas is two points away from 50...in the first half.

tommieharris91
Ref at KU game: "Timeout, Kansas State"

KU 48
Neb 21
1:16 2nd

swardboy
And Ku finds teh endzone again

Paperclip
"Timeout: Kansas State".

LOL!

badger
These are NOT the blackshirts.

[old lady nebbish fan] Take the N's off your helmets, boys![/old lady]

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 01:22 PM
Touchdown Ohio State...dammit!

Newbomb Turk
Dang - Animal House is on USA.

cheezyq
"Timeout: Kansas State".

LOL!

Funny thing is that the crowd was fairly quiet until then. LOL!

SleestakSooner
Ohio State is moving the ball deep into Wisconsin territory now with a first and ten on the WU 31.

Meanwhile KU scores again... nice D Blackshirts... <chuckle>

tulsaoilerfan
Ok, i take back what i said about Nebraska; their defense couldn't stop a jr high team. :)

tommieharris91
Whiskey 17
tOSU 17

SoonerBacker
11/3/2007, 01:23 PM
Neb REALLY sucks! I figured Kansas would win, but I didn't think they'd give up 48 in the first half!

I wonder if this is making the oSucks fans realize that their win in Lincoln didn't amount to much.

SleestakSooner
****... OSU scores game tied at 17

Newbomb Turk
I like the KU cheerleader outfits.

badger
11/3/2007, 01:24 PM
Ok, so the last student section tradition was apparently too vulgar for the football gods to mention. Here is much better, kid-friendly one:
The infamous 4th quarter jump around (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDpCeC8HjUQ)
The jumbotron shows little peas bouncing, then it just caught on. The student section sings along, jumps along and the entire stadium shakes. It is quite fun, apparently.

Blues1
11/3/2007, 01:24 PM
This has to be "The End" of Calahan IF this keeps up....???

Newbomb Turk
11/3/2007, 01:25 PM
I thought KU had a decent defense.

swardboy
11/3/2007, 01:25 PM
Neb REALLY sucks! I figured Kansas would win, but I didn't think they'd give up 48 in the first half!

I wonder if this is making the oSucks fans realize that their win in Lincoln didn't amount to much.

NO!!!! THAT'S NOT TRUE!!!!!!1 [hairGel]

Sooner Eclipse
11/3/2007, 01:26 PM
I'm really enjoying KU running up the score on Nebbish.

Go Jayhawks!

It is rather entertaining and I'm happy for Mangino to be having sucess. He took some criticism when he left that wasn't warranted IMO.

The KU MU game should be a scorefest as well.

fadada1
11/3/2007, 01:27 PM
heh.

i've got the ku/nu game on here at work - had no idea it was 48-21. IN THE FIRST HALF!!!!!

holy carp, does nebraska suck, or what???

SleestakSooner
<aggot mentality> Troy is tied with #10 Georgia, it's almost halftime. See we told ya Troy was a world beater! Pokes should be in the top 20!</aggot mentality>

bluedogok
Ref at KU game: "Timeout, Kansas State"

KU 48
Neb 21
1:16 2nd
My wife got a laugh out of that, she was suppose to work a Dallas Cowboys scrimmage with Christal and he said that "he would not have a woman working on HIS field". She ended up working the chains in that scrimmage and ended up working on the field with another crew.

SoonerBOI
OSU 17 - Wisconsin 17

Blues1
11/3/2007, 01:29 PM
OSU 17 - Wisconsin 17

How much Time Left ---- Keep it Coming..!!!!

badger
11/3/2007, 01:30 PM
End o' 3rd quarter. Same score.

tommieharris91
11/3/2007, 01:31 PM
Mangino looks like he needs a few hamburgers.

StoopTroup
11/3/2007, 01:33 PM
I like badgers. :D

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 01:34 PM
Ohio State will start the fourth quarter inside the Badgers 40 yard line. Scary.

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 01:36 PM
Freaking touchdown Ohio State...30 yard run...14 minutes to go.

King Crimson
11/3/2007, 01:37 PM
Ohio State will start the fourth quarter inside the Badgers 40 yard line. Scary.

live updates

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/boxscore;_ylt=AppQIL5f7u7qJ2qGosiNM185nYcB?gid=200 711030033

SoonerBOI
11/3/2007, 01:38 PM
tOSU 24 - Wisc. 17 14min 4th

badger
11/3/2007, 01:40 PM
Eh, we were temporarily behind against Texas, Missouri and even Iowa State. Did we lose any of those games? Hellllllll, no! :D

tommieharris91
11/3/2007, 01:44 PM
I think Georgia just scored a infinity points. The half in that game won't end.

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 01:45 PM
3 and out for Wisky...punting inside their own 30.

Blues1
11/3/2007, 01:46 PM
I will buy Cheese everyday - Come on Wisconsin .... :)

fadada1
11/3/2007, 01:47 PM
Mangino looks like he needs a few less hamburgers.
i agree.

badger
11/3/2007, 01:47 PM
I will buy Cheese everyday - Come on Wisconsin .... :)
If you buy that sh!tty "real california cheese" I will neg you everyday :mad:

;)

:mad: No seriously, don't buy that sh!t, don't eat that sh!t, because that's what that sh!t is... SH!T!

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 01:48 PM
Did Wisky just fake a punt and not get it from their OWN 25??? What happened? Doesn't say on ESPN Gamecast! Needless to say, Ohio State ball deep in Wisky territory.

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 01:48 PM
Sorry I disappeared.

Updates coming....

Come on Cheeseheads!!

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 01:49 PM
Ohio State inside the 10...this game is about up. Two more games left for the worst number one team in decades.

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 01:49 PM
TD Bucknuts :mad:

30-17

badger
11/3/2007, 01:50 PM
On that note, another Wisconsin tradition.
Bucky Badger has long been Wisconsin's mascot - not because of the animal, mind you, but because of the miners who used to dig holes in the ground for shelter, much like the animal badgers would. Hey, if you were insanely cold and wanted to get out of the wind, you'd do the same thing!

Anyway, OU has live mascots, right? They live our their happy days on a beautiful ranch and have tons of love and adoration. However, Wisconsin once had a live mascot too...

...alas, did I ever mention badgers are vicious, evil angry tempered creatures? Well, they are. They will bite your hand off if it's "that time of the month," and for badgers, every day is "that time of the month."

The live mascot escaped it's cage during a game. It took quite awhile (and a 15 yard delay of game penalty) to get him back in the cage. The badger was relegated to a nearby zoo and they have never used a live badger as a mascot again. That was about 50 years ago :D

boomersooner28
11/3/2007, 01:50 PM
Big 10 Network BOMF.

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 01:51 PM
Oh, well...I still say this season is defined by Michigan. Lose opener to Appy State and win finale over #1 unbeaten team. It defines the season it has been.

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 01:51 PM
Cyclones...28-10 5:47 Q3

SoonerBOI
11/3/2007, 01:54 PM
Irish Spring 7 - Real Men of the NAVY 0

boomersooner28
11/3/2007, 01:54 PM
Big 10 Network BOMF.

BTW, that means Blows On My Face. Since it isn't good it can't RMFO, so it BOMF. Go to hell Big 10 Network!

badger
11/3/2007, 01:55 PM
Irish Spring 7 - Real Men of the NAVY 0
D@MMIT, Lou Holtz, why'd you pep talk Navy?!

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 01:55 PM
ND 7
Navy 0
:(

boomersooner28
11/3/2007, 01:56 PM
Steers & Queers kicks off n thirty.

I actually want the Steers to win, is that bad?

badger
Ok, so the Wisconsin game is over. Failure...

On that note, Boomer Sooner!

StormySooner-IN
D@MMIT, Lou Holtz, why'd you pep talk Navy?!He knew that would curse them and his Irish would finally win. ;)

badger
11/3/2007, 01:59 PM
He knew that would curse them and his Irish would finnally win. ;)
I should push him in a swimming pool, and when he screams "But a can't thwim!" I will yell back, "Thwim ath far ath you can, and ith you need help, yell!"

THWIM, LOU HOLTH! THWIM! :D:D:D

fyi, for those who missed it, Holtz's pep talk was about a kid who didn't think he could swim a mile.

kevpks
11/3/2007, 02:00 PM
Wisc. blocked a FG but they are still down 31-17

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 02:00 PM
I should push him in a swimming pool, and when he screams "But a can't thwim!" I will yell back, "Thwim ath far ath you can, and ith you need help, yell!"

THWIM, LOU HOLTH! THWIM! :D:D:D

fyi, for those who missed it, Holtz's pep talk was about a kid who didn't think he could swim a mile.:D :D :D :D

StoopTroup
11/3/2007, 02:04 PM
Wisc. blocked a FG but they are still down 31-17
Not looking good though....

They let it slip I think.

fadada1
11/3/2007, 02:04 PM
lou holtz is cindy brady gone horribly wrong.

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 02:05 PM
Purify with a sweet one handed catch. Ganz is so much better than Keller...good talent eval, Cally!

Newbomb Turk
11/3/2007, 02:05 PM
Nice grab for a TD for Neb.

48-31

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 02:06 PM
Big first down for Wisky...at their own 38. Gotta do something here or the game is over.

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 02:06 PM
Purdon't just blew it again.
26-16 Lions
3:40 4th

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 02:12 PM
TD bucknuts

38-17 Wisky

Sorry Badger....and everyone else. :(

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 02:12 PM
Nice second half effort, Wisky. Go up 17-10 and then gave up 28 straight. 38-17 with just a few minutes left.

badger
11/3/2007, 02:13 PM
Sorry Badger....and everyone else. :(
It's ok... I think we're all used to it.

I'm used to Wisconsin blowing games, and everyone else is used to teams winning that shouldn't win.

tommieharris91
11/3/2007, 02:16 PM
NCSt 16
Miami (FL) 13

StoopTroup
11/3/2007, 02:21 PM
I need Wisky to score and cover...

I mean if I can't have them win...I can at least ruin the Bucknutz fan bases pocket money right? :D

Newbomb Turk
11/3/2007, 02:23 PM
Ganz is so much better than Keller

or not.

;)

badger
11/3/2007, 02:25 PM
or not.

;)
Hey, be fair. If the "blackshirt" defense didn't give up 55 points, perhaps Nebbish's 31 points would matter more.

He's moving the ball. As is Kansas. He shouldn't be expected to turn every single drive into a score. WHERE IS YOUR D, BUGEATERS?!

StoopTroup
11/3/2007, 02:26 PM
Damn....Virginia pulled it off. 17-16 over the Wake.

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 02:27 PM
Penn State 26
Purdue 19
Final

Hail Mary didnt work.

Announcer says "Joe Tiller has to be pleased with Purdue's 7 point win against the Boilermakers!...."

:rolleyes:

stoops the eternal pimp
11/3/2007, 02:30 PM
I am scared of White Owl

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 02:31 PM
28-20 ISU
8:16 Q4
------------

Earlier I checked it was 48-24 KU
now its 62-31 KU

Soon it will be 84-42 :P

stoops the eternal pimp
We need some pics of him with Stunned Aggy

tommieharris91
This KU superfan dood cracks me up. "I been following KU football since '71, and I've been baked since then, too." He's like a white Bob Marley.

Newbomb Turk
I wonder what the over/under was in the KU/neb game?

another Neb turnover.

badger
11/3/2007, 02:32 PM
This KU superfan dood cracks me up. "I been following KU football since '71, and I've been baked since then, too." He's like a white Bob Marley.
gotta love the dance moves. I'd say he's more clever than Soonerman, because Soonerman has a... some type of tail, while this Kansas d00d has hippie pants and a hippie dance! :D:D:D

StoopTroup
11/3/2007, 02:34 PM
I sure hope more noobs will post new threads about games that are almost over....:D

Newbomb Turk
11/3/2007, 02:34 PM
texass/oswho game announcer...

"It's your choice of orange, do you like it burnt, or do you like it bright?

neither, thankyouverymuch.

SoonerBOI
11/3/2007, 02:35 PM
wrestling u 0 - Texas 0, Pickens introducing offense...gay.......

StormySooner-IN
Opened up The **** ghey Orange Bowl on ESPN360.;)

TD KU.....

boomersooner28
The Black (and Blue) Shirts have given up 69 points and 3rd quarter isn't done.

:eek:

tommieharris91
11/3/2007, 02:36 PM
KU 69
Neb 31

This game may end 100-50.

SoonerBOI
11/3/2007, 02:36 PM
I have a feeling if uso wins the posts are GOING DOWN...

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 02:38 PM
OSU going through Texas like a dose of Ex Lax through T. Boone Pickens.

AND touchdown 2:35 in the game.

StormySooner-IN
69....my fave number.........

Im not to young to talk like that :P

SoonerBOI
Texas D = soft

Newbomb Turk
11/3/2007, 02:39 PM
I have a feeling if uso wins the posts are GOING DOWN...

I think they will win, and I think you are right.

badger
PHAIL PHAIL PHAIL. 69 points?! That is the most telling sign that a dynasty that used to be shall not rise again under the guidance of this blockhead.[/peanut's lucy]

StoopTroup
Should there be an "Official Mid-Afternoon Games" Thread? :D

tommieharris91
I hope all OU students just saw the pokies wave the wheat.

SoonerBOI
11/3/2007, 02:40 PM
uso 7 - Texas 0

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 02:41 PM
I hope all OU students just saw the pokies wave the wheat.I hate the wheat.
I couldnt believe it when I was with all my friends in the HS stands, and after we got a TD....all the seniors/juniors started waving their hands:mad:

Someone came up with an idea to mix in College traditions....including evil ones.:mad::(

Ground_Attack
11/3/2007, 02:42 PM
why did OSU feel the need to steal the "waving wheat" from KU and the "guns up" from TT? Can they think of nothing on their own?

http://momonawire.blogsome.com/images/loser.jpg

SoonerBOI
11/3/2007, 02:44 PM
uso 14 - Texas 0

Newbomb Turk
Mack don't be clapping.

Int for a TD for the pokes.

The Maestro
14-0 OSU. Colt's 14th INT of the year goes the other way.

OSU going to try and catch Kansas total! 12:10 to go first quarter.

stoops the eternal pimp
nice pass colt

goingoneight
11/3/2007, 02:45 PM
Colt McCoy to pass... TOUCHDOWN OSU!!! :D

tommieharris91
11/3/2007, 02:45 PM
Don't worry. We stole the waving wheat from the pokes.

boomersooner28
11/3/2007, 02:46 PM
Texas always spots OSUX 35 points in Stoolwater. Then they beat em by 60 in the second half. Oh wait, VY is gone isn't he.

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 02:46 PM
wow.

14-0 pokie poke pokes.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/3/2007, 02:47 PM
nice parking meter

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 02:47 PM
Texas always spots OSUX 35 points in Stoolwater. Then they beat em by 60 in the second half. Oh wait, VY is gone isn't he.

Good point. This is gonna be like the time when Tony Lindsay helped OSU kill Texas.

Horns may finish third or fourth in the South this year.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/3/2007, 02:48 PM
hey whats going on

tommieharris91
11/3/2007, 02:49 PM
Apparently they couldn't find vince to intro the texass team.

boomersooner28
hey whats going on

Not much. what are you doin?

Ground_Attack
and T. Boone announces the stellar Cowboy D

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 02:50 PM
I'm rooting for the pokes, because Texas Sux.:mad:

By that I mean, there are so many Saxet fans out here since 2005. There are more than IU, PUR and ND at times. Saxet gear is in every store, right next to IU, PU, ND and Colts gear.
That's why I never wear Colts gear around anymore-because Im ALWAYS wearing Sooner hoodie/hat etc...trying to spread some sense here!

:mad::mad::mad:

tommieharris91
11/3/2007, 02:53 PM
Jesse Palmer is surprisingly solid as a color analyst.

boomersooner28
11/3/2007, 02:53 PM
I'm rooting for the pokes, because Texas Sux.:mad:

By that I mean, there are so many Saxet fans out here since 2005. There are more than IU, PUR and ND at times. Saxet gear is in every store, right next to IU, PU, ND and Colts gear.
That's why I never wear Colts gear around anymore-because Im ALWAYS wearing Sooner hoodie/hat etc...trying to spread some sense here!

:mad::mad::mad:

Ok, well you don't have to live in the same state as the sheephumper fans. I'm tellin ya, these people are delusional at best. I am sick and damn tired of the silly bastards talkin smack so I would like Texass to beat em by 111 on their own field.

SoonerBOI
11/3/2007, 02:54 PM
INT uso. TEXAS going down....

fadada1
will KU put up 80 against callenberger???

OMG!!!

huskerpedia must've "gone to plaid" by now. no doubt about it.

StormySooner-IN
Ok, well you don't have to live in the same state as the sheephumper fans. I'm tellin ya, these people are delusional at best. I am sick and damn tired of the silly bastards talkin smack so I would like Texass to beat em by 111 on their own field.Thats cool too. I hate the sheep violaters also.

Why can Boones stadium just cave in or something??

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 02:56 PM
76 now for Kansas. Unbelievable. Callahan should be put down right after this game is over. And yes...I mean like a horse that breaks his leg.

SoonerBOI
11/3/2007, 02:57 PM
I am waiting for the Miles vs Saban game. Can someone start a thread on that game?

Newbomb Turk
11/3/2007, 02:57 PM
will KU put up 80 against callenberger???

OMG!!!

huskerpedia must've "gone to plaid" by now. no doubt about it.
getting closer.

Stitch Face
11/3/2007, 02:58 PM
I'm gonna go blind watching this orange-on-orange crap. Texas is an abomination today. And OSU...is OSU. This whole game is a lose/lose proposition.

badger
wow, they're trying to beat our 77 against a&m :D:D:D

tommieharris91
Thats cool too. I hate the sheep violaters also.

Why can Boones stadium just cave in or something??

I'm rooting for tornadoes in Stillwater too.

NewAZTiger
11/3/2007, 02:59 PM
Seriously - what sort of plague killed the Nebraska Blackshirts?

I fully expect to see them on "America's Most Wanted" soon.

ND hasn't given up that many points this year, and they're horrid.

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 03:00 PM
Ah...OSU tries the old "Cup check - pinball" play...didn't work!

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 03:01 PM
AND IT'S A FAKE!!!

Nice play by play guy...uh, pooch punt, moron!

badger
11/3/2007, 03:02 PM
the kansas game is never going to end.

The Maestro
11/3/2007, 03:06 PM
Congrats to Iowa State...31-20 win over KSU.

SoonerBOI
11/3/2007, 03:08 PM
Irish Spring 14 - real me of the NAVY 14

101sooner
11/3/2007, 03:09 PM
Anyone else see Mack wipe the loogy off his chin?

Newbomb Turk
11/3/2007, 03:10 PM
So since Callahan threw the ball, scored and went for 2, do you try to score if you are Kansas? Probably not, but I'd love to see Mangino do it.

SoonerBOI
11/3/2007, 03:13 PM
Irish Spring - 21 - Real men of the NAVY 14 Halftime
Clausen flashing his HS championship rings announcing his desire to play for the catholic university. Where is he now?:D

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5650/jimmyclausenxz3yl7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

fadada1
11/3/2007, 03:13 PM
interesting stat as per huskerpedia: KU scored 74 points against nebraska... for the entire 90's decade!!!!11!1!

i hope callahan gets fired before he gets to the locker room.

badger
11/3/2007, 03:14 PM
Irish Spring - 21 - Real men of the NAVY 14 Halftime
Clausen flashing his HS championship ring announcing his desire to play for the catholic university. Where is he now?:D

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5650/jimmyclausenxz3yl7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Hold your beer tightly. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLOtDB1SzSA)

stoops the eternal pimp
11/3/2007, 03:15 PM
Mack is mad

boomersooner28
11/3/2007, 03:15 PM
Ya know, when we were "down", we got OUr *** handed to us a few times. Nebraska was a dominant team then and they scored at will against us. BUT KANSAS??? Giving up 80 to KANSAS??? How are they not running Callajobless right off the damn field? Poor Huskers.

SoonerBOI
11/3/2007, 03:17 PM
Hold your beer tightly. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLOtDB1SzSA)

LOL. Probably the biggest flop in CFB.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/3/2007, 03:23 PM
If someone saw that Kansas-Nebraska score without knowing what sport it was, most of the time they would think it was the Jayhawk basketball team pounding on some poor sap at "The Phog."

StormySooner-IN
11/3/2007, 03:27 PM
Was outside for last 30 mins?

What did I miss??

OUinFLA
11/3/2007, 03:28 PM
Kansas should be embarassed
letting NU score 39 points.