PDA

View Full Version : Trans Siberian Orchestra....

OUinFLA
11/2/2007, 10:43 PM
kicked off their 2007 tour in Lakeland tonight. Probably due to the lead keyboardest being from Lakeland. . Wifey of the band's leader. That and some of the band being from St Pete in an original group called "Sabotage"

If you get a chance to see this group......

GO

Best concert I have ever been to.
3 HOURS !
Light show = FANTASTIC
Music = RMFO

I know they are going to OKC, but I didn't catch all the other cities they are appearing in.

If you think that all they play is Christmas music, you are incorrect. Although the first hour and a half was a Christmas theme story, the last hour and a half was Rock & Roll like you have never heard it.

This year's light show is undescribable. You will have sensory overload by the time the concert is over.

For all you groupie wannabes, the entire band comes out into the arena after the show to spend time with the fans.

Pretty cool evening for us, I hope y'all get a chance to see this show.

Boarder
11/2/2007, 11:19 PM
I thought it was Savatage. Do they play Hall of the Mountain King?

OUinFLA
11/2/2007, 11:29 PM
Ok, I could have misheard?
My audio senses were on overload when they talked about that.

Flagstaffsooner
11/2/2007, 11:43 PM
My audio senses were on overload when they talked about that.Stoned again.;)
Speaking of In The Hall of the Mountain King (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6439714672015647977&q=in+the+hall+of+the+mountain+king+elo&total=3&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0)

critical_phil
11/2/2007, 11:47 PM
looks like TSO is also in Richmond the same date as OKC. which city will get the TSO JV team?

also, why would tickets be more expensive to the afternoon performance as opposed to the evening one?

OUinFLA
11/2/2007, 11:52 PM
looks like TSO is also in Richmond the same date as OKC. which city will get the TSO JV team?

also, why would tickets be more expensive to the afternoon performance as opposed to the evening one?

dunno, my tickets were $45 plus about $7 for ticketmaster charges.
that got me on the 14th row center, should have brought my sunglasses.

olevetonahill
11/3/2007, 12:44 AM
When are they comin to Wister ?

StoopTroup
11/3/2007, 01:48 AM
I'd like them to set up OUr Christmas Light display and sync it to their music so all my neighbors will truly be brought into the Spirit of Christmas....

Boomer.....
11/3/2007, 12:35 PM
I am going on Dec. 22nd.

Okla-homey
11/3/2007, 01:11 PM
I enjoy TSO tunage, but, my heart belongs to Mannheim Steamroller in the genre they share.

rufnek05
11/3/2007, 01:45 PM
I may have to go.

Suerreal
11/3/2007, 02:30 PM
TSO, sadly, has outgrown a lot of venues that helped them become the blockbuster act they are.

They no longer come to Amarillo, but go to Lubbock instead. Last year, they played Lubbock the Friday after Thanksgiving so it was easy to go to. About half the crowd there was from Amarillo. This year, it's mid-week the week before Thanksgiving. I'll miss them. :(

Fugue
12/19/2007, 11:34 AM
They made it to 'tittay this year and it was great again. I too miss the smaller show they used to do but I'm also glad that these big shows are available so that everyone can experience it.

:les: GO SEE THE SHOW!

Sooner in Tampa
12/19/2007, 11:48 AM
My audio senses were on overload when they talked about that.Well...turn it down next time you go to a concert ;)

soonersweetie
12/19/2007, 07:12 PM
They are GREAT!!! We saw them last year here in San Diego. They were amazing. They even made it snow :) But seriously, the lights and music are just, well, you just have to go.

OUHOMER
12/19/2007, 08:16 PM
The wife talked me into buying tickets for this. I hope it as good as listed..

I will report back....

OUAndy1807
12/19/2007, 08:38 PM
Plus some proceeds from the ticket sales go to Travelers Aid of OK

OUinFLA
12/19/2007, 09:06 PM
The wife talked me into buying tickets for this. I hope it as good as listed..

Your wife has more influence on you than I do?
I'm really dissappointed. :(

OUHOMER
12/20/2007, 06:26 AM
Your wife has more influence on you than I do?
I'm really dissappointed. :(

actually, i was glad to see your post. I thought it was going to be another boring evening. Besides, she said she would make it up to me if I bought her tickets ;) So, now I am thinking WIN / WIN for me. :D

OUinFLA
12/20/2007, 06:33 PM
You will not be bored.
When are you going?

OUHOMER
12/25/2007, 07:33 PM
reporting back. Saturday was a very stressful day. I went to Ponca City and loaded up a 2 trailers of motorcycles, and 2 trucks full of parts. It all start out Ok, a little rain and a little cool. but than turn into a full blizzard by time we got things loaded. Streets and I35 solid sheet of ice. We cold only drive about 35 miles an hour on the way back. Saw about 30 to 40 cars in the ditch.

Wife calls me to tell me not to be late, because we had to go the concert. I am driving in a nightmare with my life on the line and she is worried about me being late...

Anyhow, got home, straight to the shower, back in the car to drive on the ice to the Ford Center.

I must say I was impressed, we had some very poor seats, but i could see the lights show from the side and it was cool. They had huge flames behind the stage and we could feel the heat from those things. I was very impressed with the talent on the stage.

I will be going back next year and i will be buying tickets early this time. I was one whipped dog when i got there, but they pumped me back up..

It was pretty cool.

Boomer.....
1/1/2008, 06:52 PM
Amazing show!

Dio
1/2/2008, 12:40 AM
TSO RMFO!

I_SMELL_FEAR
1/2/2008, 12:20 PM
We took my parents as their Christmas gift from us. This was their first time to go. We drove from south Oklahoma and stopped in Norman to eat. My dad was kinda quiet and I asked him if he thought we were retarded for driving on ice to go see the show. He said "yeah, this is retarded."

After the show I asked him if it was retarded to drive on the ice to see the show. "No, it was not retarded. When will they be here next year?"