PDA

View Full Version : Cigars

SoonerGirl06
11/2/2007, 08:00 PM
So I took a couple of puffs of ph's and I just don't get the big deal. It's left a nasty aftertaste.

StoopTroup
11/2/2007, 08:01 PM
Your doing it wrong, make sure you nibble the end a little.....;)

http://www.foxnews.com/images/248162/0_61_lewinsky_monica.jpg

KABOOKIE
11/2/2007, 08:01 PM
I heard eating Asparagus will help with the aftertaste.

SoonerGirl06
11/2/2007, 08:05 PM
I should have known I could count on you guys for thoughtful advice.

I'm such a lucky girl.

Puff-Puff Baby!

Newbomb Turk
11/2/2007, 08:10 PM
It's left a nasty aftertaste.

It's probably something in his diet.

StoopTroup
11/2/2007, 08:14 PM
SG....

Seriously...I don't like every cigar I try.

After going through many of them I learned that just smelling them before I smoke one really played a huge role in how good an experience I had with that particular cigar.

Also...Just because the last cigar you had was good, doesn't make it reasonable that if you go back and buy the same one 6 months later...you'll like it.

If the cigars aren't kept right for example...they won't taste the same.

I know this one place here in Tulsa where some guy smuggled in some Cohibas and stored them in his locker / humidor he had at the store he buys from. The cigars he smuggled in had bugs and infected all the lockers.

I'm no expert either...I'm sure other will have their own opinions.

olevetonahill
11/2/2007, 08:14 PM
It's probably something in his diet.
Yea hes proly been eatin ASSparagus or sompun .

SicEmBaylor
11/2/2007, 08:18 PM
What specific cigar did you smoke?

SoonerGirl06
11/2/2007, 08:24 PM
ST - thanks for the information.

SicEm- It was an Orlo Fuerte (sp?). He thought it was a better brand, but it wasn't. One of his neighbors gave it to him tonight.

He likes to enjoy a cigar with his bourbon and I wanted to "share the experience" as well. It just wasn't what I thought it would be. He does have a humidor and I think he's got some top notch cigars in there. He has emmaculant taste.

Of course, I'm not a smoker and never have been, so I'm not sure that's played a part or not in my negative experience.

They sure do smell good though.

SoonerGirl06
11/2/2007, 08:26 PM
Yea hes proly been eatin ASSparagus or sompun .

Well, if he's really good he just might tonight. Of course it all depends on whether or not I'm in the mood to serve assparagus for dinner or not.

JohnnyMack
11/2/2007, 08:27 PM
Tell him to try pinneapple juice.

KC//CRIMSON
11/2/2007, 08:30 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53860&highlight=cigar :cool:

SoonerGirl06
11/2/2007, 08:36 PM
ph says Cuban Cohiba is his favorite.

Apparently they're illegal in the US. Go figure.

SicEmBaylor
11/2/2007, 08:56 PM
ph says Cuban Cohiba is his favorite.

Apparently they're illegal in the US. Go figure.

You had a Cuban Cohiba and you didnt' like it!?

Honey, it doesn't get too much better than that.

HAVING SAID THAT, Cuban cigars can have some major problems such as plugging and poor quality of tobacco. I'm assuming your stick didn't suffer either of those problems though.

Man, well I'd have finished it for ya!

SoonerGirl06
11/2/2007, 09:05 PM
No...No...No... the one I puffed on wasn't a Cuban Cohiba. The one I smoked was a Orlo Fuerte.

Apparently it's not on the same level as the Cohiba.

JohnnyMack
11/2/2007, 09:45 PM
Cohiba shmeeba.

Over-rated, clap, clap, clapclapclap.

lexsooner
11/2/2007, 10:24 PM
No...No...No... the one I puffed on wasn't a Cuban Cohiba. The one I smoked was a Orlo Fuerte.

Apparently it's not on the same level as the Cohiba.

You mean Arturo Fuente? They are generally pretty good cigars, especially their top of the line Opus X. Maybe you smoked one which was too strong, with too much bite. Arturo Fuente cigars are typically medium-bodied, kind of peppery, to somewhat heavier in body, like their Opus X.

The point is, don't give up on cigars, girl. You may like milder cigars like the Macanudo line. My favorites are from an island south of Miami (ISM) - Vega Robaina, Diplomaticos (discontinued), and the Punch Punch. These are fairly mellow smokes, with that special ISM flavor.

SicEmBaylor
11/2/2007, 10:33 PM
ST - thanks for the information.

SicEm- It was an Orlo Fuerte (sp?). He thought it was a better brand, but it wasn't. One of his neighbors gave it to him tonight.

He likes to enjoy a cigar with his bourbon and I wanted to "share the experience" as well. It just wasn't what I thought it would be. He does have a humidor and I think he's got some top notch cigars in there. He has emmaculant taste.

Of course, I'm not a smoker and never have been, so I'm not sure that's played a part or not in my negative experience.

They sure do smell good though.

PH and I would get along very very well. Ask him when I can come over and share a stick and a drink with him.

SicEmBaylor
11/2/2007, 10:34 PM
You mean Arturo Fuente? They are generally pretty good cigars, especially their top of the line Opus X. Maybe you smoked one which was too strong, with too much bite. Arturo Fuente cigars are typically medium-bodied, kind of peppery, to somewhat heavier in body, like their Opus X.

The point is, don't give up on cigars, girl. You may like milder cigars like the Macanudo line. My favorites are from an island south of Miami (ISM) - Vega Robaina, Diplomaticos (discontinued), and the Punch Punch. These are fairly mellow smokes, with that special ISM flavor.
Fuente isn't Cuban though.

lexsooner
11/2/2007, 10:42 PM
Fuente isn't Cuban though.

Right, AF is a "domestic." She said ph's favorite is the Cuban Cohiba, but I did not see where Soonergirl stated the cigar she smoked and disliked was a Cuban.

SicEmBaylor
11/2/2007, 10:44 PM
Right, AF is a "domestic." She said ph's favorite is the Cuban Cohiba, but I did not see where Soonergirl stated the cigar she smoked and disliked was a Cuban.

Well, technically, I believe the term "domestic" applies mostly to machine made cigars made in the US. But yeah, I see what she's saying now. I think we both need to become better friends with PH. :D

Hey, if you like the Opus X then Plantations in Norman has theirs priced very reasonably.

lexsooner
11/2/2007, 11:24 PM
Well, technically, I believe the term "domestic" applies mostly to machine made cigars made in the US. But yeah, I see what she's saying now. I think we both need to become better friends with PH. :D

Hey, if you like the Opus X then Plantations in Norman has theirs priced very reasonably.

Thanks for the tip, SicEm! Opus Xs are a bit heavy for my palate. If I am going to smoke one, it needs to age and mellow a year or two in the humidor. I like their other cigars, really good quality. For a treat, you might try their specialty AF Between the Lines, which comes out only around Christmas in very limited production. It is a small cigar which has a multi-colored candy-cane wrapper, and the flavor is nothing short of ISM quality. Very expensive, if you are fortunate enough to locate some.

SicEmBaylor
11/2/2007, 11:33 PM
That sounds pretty interesting. The local B&M here in Waco typically just carries the standard fare, but I'll be home for X-Mas and will look around Tulsa. I might just treat myself to one over the holiday season.

And, I agree with what you said about the Opus X. I've only aged one for a few months, but from what I understand they really come around after a year or so of being in humidor.

Here's what I like to do, I keep two humidors. One humidor is for my every day and/or cheap cigars. I keep it a LITTLE over humidified because I like my cigars to be just slightly over humidified. The other humidor I keep at optimal humidity for long term storage. When I decide I'm going to smoke a "long termer" then I move it from that humidor to my over humidified one just prior to smoking.

Blue
11/3/2007, 12:24 AM
This thread is full of "FAG."

Really.

SicEmBaylor
11/3/2007, 12:48 AM
This thread is full of "FAG."

Really.

**** off *******

Blue
11/3/2007, 12:50 AM
**** off *******