SoonerStormchaser
11/2/2007, 04:19 PM
Prolly Mushedbooger and Arute.

Paperclip
11/2/2007, 04:24 PM
Ron Franklin, Ed Cunningham, Jack Arute

soonersn20xx
11/2/2007, 04:28 PM
Anybody but Grossburger, he is getting so sickening and slurry syrupy in his old age.

SoonerAcesUp
11/2/2007, 04:32 PM
Ron Franklin, Ed Cunningham, Jack Arute

Where did you find that? I've looked all over and couldn't find it. TIA.

Paperclip
11/2/2007, 04:40 PM
http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2007/10/your-college-football-announcing_31.html

Q22
11/2/2007, 04:41 PM
People, it could be worse

keith jackson.

sooner94
11/2/2007, 04:42 PM
Glad to hear that. Ron Franklin does a good job.

Blue
11/2/2007, 05:53 PM
Ron Franklin= my favorite.

Thank god for no Mike Patrick. What a dou-cebag. A GAIN FOR 2 YARDS! UNBELIEVABLE!

Sooner1979
11/2/2007, 05:58 PM
John Bible will be running the game on the field....Or should I say ruining....

bluedogok
11/2/2007, 06:04 PM
The funny thing is with Bible and Franklin there that makes two more Austin residents at the game.

SoonerMom2
11/2/2007, 06:13 PM
John Bible will be running the game on the field....Or should I say ruining....

How did we get stuck with Bible again? Does the Big 12 office that schedules refs have something against us?

Sooner1979
11/2/2007, 06:21 PM
How did we get stuck with Bible again? Does the Big 12 office that schedules refs have something against us?

All I know is that I would love to Throat Punch that SOB while he is sucking on his little whistle...

TUSooner
11/2/2007, 09:37 PM
Franklin is good, and he doesn't have an orgasm when OU's opponent does something good (like Gushgburger often does).

Not that BM is biased, just ... gushy

JohnnyMack
11/2/2007, 09:43 PM
Ron Franklin calling College Football on a Saturday night is one of life's little treasures. I'd rather he was still partnered up with Gottfried, but I'll take what I can get.

A belly full of chili and a nice little beer induced buzz while I watch the game. Doesn't get much better than that.

Buckeye Fan
11/3/2007, 12:27 AM
Does anyone miss Gary Danielson from ABC? He seemed to be the most intelligent of them all but ABC lost him to CBS.

goingoneight
11/3/2007, 01:18 AM
Nessler, Thorne and Franklin = teh own.

Musberger, McDonough, and Wischusen = teh succc.

I, for one liked Keith Jackson.

Big Red Ron
11/3/2007, 01:26 AM
I liked Keith Jackson until we went to and won the Rose Bowl.

King Crimson
11/3/2007, 01:37 AM
Does anyone miss Gary Danielson from ABC? He seemed to be the most intelligent of them all but ABC lost him to CBS.

Danielson had a few annoying habits like: about 10 times a game a play was "a sure touchdown if it wasn't for...(something like the runner getting gang tackled by linebackers)..". but Gary looks like a genius compared to some of the cretins on board these days. Fouts is still the dumbest (though he does get credit for his proper non-homer call in Eugene last year).

Arute must have done something to get demoted to the B team.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/3/2007, 02:44 AM
I liked Keith Jackson until we went to and won the Rose Bowl.
Keith didn't do that game; Musburger did that one.

Crucifax Autumn
11/3/2007, 02:53 AM
Jackarute sounds like some kinda keychain or stuffed animal you'd find at Stuckey's.

But no crew will ever be worse than the 80's retards Criquie, Trumpy, Griese, and Cephalo. Those guys had me gagging up puke every game they covered.

SoonerBacker
11/3/2007, 06:58 AM
Keith didn't do that game; Musburger did that one.

But Jackson was the one saying that Oklahoma didn't belong in the Rose Bowl and that OUr presence there somehow diminished the prestige of that game!

Indy Sooner
11/3/2007, 10:03 AM
Arute must have done something to get demoted to the B team.

Perhaps someone picked up on the fact he never played organized football.

arcman46
11/3/2007, 10:15 AM
Jackarute sounds like some kinda keychain or stuffed animal you'd find at Stuckey's.

But no crew will ever be worse than the 80's retards Criquie, Trumpy, Griese, and Cephalo. Those guys had me gagging up puke every game they covered.

You mean like a "jackalope":D

MextheBulldog
11/3/2007, 11:55 AM
Keith Jackson is greatness. Ya, he can be a pac-10 homer, and many west coast fans were bitter about ou in the rose bowl since it was the first non pac10/big 10 matchup in decades. The MNC game the year before also caught some heat.

I'll never forget the final game he did for ou - holiday bowl vs. oregon in '05. We made the INT at the end to preserve the win, and KJ issues "And that's a door slammer." Still use that one from time to time...

His presence in Stillwater for 04 ****** was also cool - gave that game some added hype.

bluedogok
11/3/2007, 12:09 PM
Perhaps someone picked up on the fact he never played organized football.
You don't need to have played to talk about it, otherwise the majority of the talking heads on TV and most of the posters on football forums couldn't say anything about football. Some of those who "did play the game" make the worst analysts and only got the job because of their name and the fact that they played. I.E. Billy Ray Smith.....

SoonerSince72
11/3/2007, 12:11 PM
I would rather listen to anyone broadcast a game than the husky chick that does so many of the ESPN2 games, she's freaking awful! I can't even watch a game she works with the volume on.

I hate to ask this because its probably been asked in another thread and this thread is regarding ABC crews. However; does anyone know if ABC is carrying the game in HD? I checked www.hdsportsguide.com and it indicated that it was not; but in the infinite wisdom of the asshats that are ABC, they were broadcasting BC vs. FSU and SUC vs. Oregon st. If they aren't its just yet another reason to continue my hatred of ABC sports!

Updated! F@@@@ng ABC!
Well, nevermind, found the answer. The jackasses that are ABC are NOT carrying the game in HD. WAY TO GO ABC! Please, for now on, let ESPN or FSN carry all OU games as they obviously have the capacity to carry Big 12 games in HD.

http://www.koco.com/tvlistings/index.html

bluedogok
11/3/2007, 12:34 PM
All of the sites that I have seen show the game in SD with the others in HD. Looks like ABC/ESPN needs more HD trucks, that or quit sending them to all of the Thursday/Friday/Sunday night games.

7:00 PM
ABC-SD: OU-aTm
ABC-HD: FSU-BC and SUC-Oregon State
ESPN2-HD: South Carolina-Arkansas

2:30
ABC-HD: Michigan-Michigan State
ABC-SD: Texas-OSU, UCLA-Arizona and Cincinnati-USF

SleestakSooner
11/3/2007, 12:36 PM
It seems ABC can only afford the HD cameras to cover one or two of the games they broadcast each week in HD. The aTm vs OU game did not warrant the use of their special cameras this week, so we are stuck watching in normal mode. ESPN/ABC way to drop the ball.

SoonerSince72
11/3/2007, 12:49 PM
I sure am glad ABC screwed Cox cable customers out of HD for a full year and now, that a contract has been signed, they are screwing us out of HD Sooner football again.

Simply, REDICULOUS.

fadada1
11/3/2007, 01:05 PM
either way, i'll probably watching without sound. anyone know a bar in rochester, ny showing the game? i might be driving around a bit to find it.

Indy Sooner
11/3/2007, 04:27 PM
You don't need to have played to talk about it, otherwise the majority of the talking heads on TV and most of the posters on football forums couldn't say anything about football. Some of those who "did play the game" make the worst analysts and only got the job because of their name and the fact that they played. I.E. Billy Ray Smith.....

If you haven't played the game, you shouldn't be offering a perceived expert opinion about it. There is no substitute for experience. Countless hours with a remote in front of the TV like many posters on football forums doesn't cut it. Now, if the job is to offer "flash sideline reports" (like Jack Arute)-- well, the likes of Erin Andrews have that covered very nicely thank you.

Arute really has no business as a broadcast crew member on a football sideline. At a race track is another story, however. His background lies in that sport and he is quite qualified to speak to it.

handcrafted
11/3/2007, 04:31 PM
I like Nessler better, but Franklin is okay in my book.

bluedogok
11/3/2007, 06:50 PM
If you haven't played the game, you shouldn't be offering a perceived expert opinion about it. There is no substitute for experience. Countless hours with a remote in front of the TV like many posters on football forums doesn't cut it. Now, if the job is to offer "flash sideline reports" (like Jack Arute)-- well, the likes of Erin Andrews have that covered very nicely thank you.

Arute really has no business as a broadcast crew member on a football sideline. At a race track is another story, however. His background lies in that sport and he is quite qualified to speak to it.
So, you are saying Eric Dickerson was better just because he played the game? Sideline reporting is not being a color analyst, I agree Arute isn't very good on the sidelines but I have seen many more who are worse, like the above mentioned.

Another thing, I thought I saw Bible working the Missouri-Colorado game.

Indy Sooner
11/3/2007, 08:45 PM
So, you are saying Eric Dickerson was better just because he played the game? Sideline reporting is not being a color analyst, I agree Arute isn't very good on the sidelines but I have seen many more who are worse, like the above mentioned.

As an analyst, ED would be preferred over someone without a legitimate background as a player or coach.

bluedogok
11/3/2007, 11:11 PM
I don't agree with that, I watched too many MNF games that ED covered on the sideline.....he was brutal to listen to and never improved. Just because you played the game doesn't mean that you can relay the action on the field with valuable insight. It is a different skill set, some ex-players do it well and others are wholly out of their element doing it.

SleestakSooner
11/3/2007, 11:25 PM
Did anyone else notice the banner below Auston English's picture they put up when they were discussing his injury? The banner showed him as being an aTm player! ABC football coverage is teh succ!