PDA

View Full Version : Holy Carp....US Hits Syria Nuclear Storage Facility

FaninAma
11/2/2007, 01:09 PM
Apparently it happened 0n September 6th and the news is just being allowed to leak out. Apparently there was tactical air support from the Isrealis.
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1192380718519&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

yermom
11/2/2007, 01:14 PM
that's just kind of a cool pic:

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/3073/15162143fg6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

didn't we know that the Isrealis attacked them? i guess we just didn't know that US planes were involved?

OUDoc
11/2/2007, 01:18 PM
Then shouldn't Syria be releasing reports on how we hit a children's hospital instead? Amazing how often we nail those kinds of buildings by accident.

Vaevictis
11/2/2007, 01:27 PM
The sources added that each US plane carried one tactical nuclear weapon and that the site was hit by one bomb and was totally destroyed.

Excuse me, but should I infer from that article a claim that we actually used a tactical nuke? :eek:

yermom
11/2/2007, 01:33 PM
they aren't exactly clear on that :eek:

Widescreen
11/2/2007, 01:46 PM
The September 6 raid over Syria was carried out by the US Air Force, the Al-Jazeera Web site reported Friday.
Now there's a reliable source if there ever was one.

MiccoMacey
11/2/2007, 02:06 PM
Excuse me, but should I infer from that article a claim that we actually used a tactical nuke? :eek:

They ALSO carry one tactical nuke.

Better? ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
11/2/2007, 03:40 PM
I want some of what AL-Jazeera is smoking...

I think EVERYONE would know if we hit a site with a Tactical Nuke...

I don't doubt that we may have aided or at least not answer the phone when Israel called to tell us of the plan.

This is allah baiting for the muslims...They got embarrassed again when Israel once again was able to hold a secret and have some cajones to do something...

Okla-homey
11/2/2007, 03:46 PM
I subscribe to the theory that if we did it, the Syrians aren't raising hell about it because that would constitute an admission the "worlds most dangerous air defense system" (they've spent bajillions on) ain't worth a camel fart. Me likey! Beat 'em up and dare them to complain about it.

See, the Syrian dictator is having trouble keeping his people employed, clothed and housed. Instead, he's spending all his cash on defensive weapons. If Achmed learns he's forced to keep wearing his Members Only jacket from 1985 because his country is broke, AND the bajillions spent on the air defense weapons was wasted, Achmed might go all durka-durka on Damascus.

We can only hope so.

mdklatt
11/2/2007, 04:05 PM
No way in hell did anybody use nukes, or we'd have heard about it already. I doubt that the US had any involvement. Again, we'd have probably heard about that already. But also, why? Israel had the capability of doing this all their own, so why would 1) they drag us into it; 2) we allow ourselves to get dragged into it? Even if nukes were being carried as last-resort weapons, the Israelis--allegedly, wink wink--have their own.

Jerk
11/2/2007, 04:49 PM
The best explanation I've read is this:

Syria lied and told Al Jazaara that the Americans dropped a nuke on them. Why? To explain the levels of radioactivity at the site.

BU BEAR
11/2/2007, 05:24 PM
Hmm, a tactical nuke got dropped, but there were remanants of the structure which Syria recently cleared away??

No, sir, a tactical nuke would have cleared the building and allowed Syria's bulldozers to stay parked.

reevie
11/2/2007, 07:32 PM
I subscribe to the theory that if we did it, the Syrians aren't raising hell about it because that would constitute an admission the "worlds most dangerous air defense system" (they've spent bajillions on) ain't worth a camel fart.

And who else is buying the same air defense syste?

BU BEAR
11/2/2007, 07:38 PM
And who else is buying the same air defense syste?

Good question, but you already know the answer...

Iran

KABOOKIE
11/2/2007, 07:52 PM
Just wait until Hillury is POTUS. She'll drop a nuke on Watonga.

BU BEAR
11/2/2007, 09:04 PM
One of the talkbacks on JPost speculates that the President of Syria got suckered into an ARM on the facility... HA HAHA!

I did some more research and it looks like Bashar re-financed a few years ago and got suckered into a 2yr ARM with a 17% interest rate. It looks like the bank was about to foreclose so he just torched the place to collect the insurance. I hear that the insurance company is trying to back out because JihadWide mortgage messed up and did not require PMI insurance. (Bashar had less than 20% equity) So sad...

Flagstaffsooner
11/2/2007, 10:24 PM
Just wait until Hillury is POTUS. She'll drop a nuke on Watonga.Oh, the humanity!

85Sooner
11/3/2007, 12:33 PM
OLD NEWS

but iran is shaking in their boots i guarunteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee