PDA

View Full Version : OU Hockey - Sooners Slapshot 11/2/07

Chris Perry
11/2/2007, 11:45 AM
http://www.ouhockey.com/slapshot.jpg

WHAT: Liberty Flames vs. Oklahoma Sooners®

WHEN: Friday, November 2, 2007, 7:30 P.M. EDT (6:30 P.M. CDT)

WHERE: LaHaye Ice Center, Lynchburg, VA

BROADCAST: None

2007-08 RECORDS:

Oklahoma: 10-1-0 ACHA Division I

Liberty: 8-2-1 ACHA Division I

COACHES: Oklahoma – Larry Donovan; Liberty – Kirk Handy

SETTING THE STAGE: Tonight is the first of four road games for the Sooners...It is also the first of two games against No. 8 Liberty in Lynchburg, Virginia...The Flames will return this visit in February when they come to Oklahoma City for a pair of games against the Sooners...This is the first time the Sooners have played Liberty.

OKLAHOMA NOTES: The Sooners moved up a spot and are now ranked 6th in ACHA D1 according to the most recent ranking released this morning...Forward Kyle Allan (Flagstaff, AZ) continues to lead the Sooners in goals scored with 12, nine of them coming against D1 opponents...Forward Sean McCauley (Naperville, IL) is the team leader in points with 18 (8-10-18)...The Oklahoma power play is potent as the Sooners have a 30.76% success rate so far this season with a man advantage...Against D1 opponents, that power play percentage is 28.12%...On the flip side, the Sooners defensively have killed 89.62% of all opponents' power plays...Against D1 opponents on power plays this season, the Sooners have a 94.12% kill rate...Forwards Jarrod Yost (Murphy, TX), Adrian Borchgrevink (Kenai, AK) and Kenny Deines (Highland Village, TX) all remain out this week due to injury...Defenseman Trey Snow (Coppell, TX) did not make the trip to Virginia due to illness.

LIBERTY NOTES: The Flames remain ranked 8th in the ACHA D1 ranking released earlier today...Liberty's played this past Saturday, beating No. 22 Stony Brook 5-2 in Lynchburg...Liberty's losses have been a pair of games to Lindenwood and one game to ACHA D2 Florida Gulf Coast...The Flames are led in scoring by defenseman Dave Semenyna who has eight goals and fifteen assists for 23 total points...Semenyna is followed by forward Kyle Dodgson (10-12-22), forward John Langabeer (9-6-15) and forward Kevin Hendrix (5-8-13)...Liberty is very strong in net as goaltender Dalton Stoltz (2.17 GAA) has two shutouts in six games and backup Mike Binnie (2.40 GAA) has one clean slate in five games...Liberty University was founded in 1971 by Dr. Jerry Falwell, who passed away in May of this year.

NEXT UP FOR THE SOONERS: The Sooners stay in Lynchburg for another game against Liberty Saturday night…For more information, please call (405) 631-3307.

Thank you for your continued support and interest in OU Hockey!

### BOOMER SOONER! ###

mfosterftw
11/2/2007, 11:49 AM
A new thread, Rumpole? :)

Chris Perry
11/3/2007, 10:49 AM
Yeah yeah - I'm in a DayQuil/NyQuil induced haze so sue me - HA!