PDA

View Full Version : Some quotes for this week's game

Theskipster
11/2/2007, 08:18 AM
We all know how internet message board posters feel about our defense, but what do the professionals think about our defense?

"One of the pro scouts was just asking me yesterday, 'Who the heck is 33?' " Stoops said. "I said, 'He's just a young sophomore, leave him alone.'

"Their determination to stop the run is keen," Franchione said. "I think this probably is a better defense than any we've faced this year. There just aren't flaws on film that you can find. You have to grind pretty hard to look for things that you can do."

How important is this game to the aggies?

"This is our season right here," Aggies defensive end Chris Harrington said. "At the same time, you have to approach it like it's just another game. You don't want to psych yourself out or anything like that."

"We don't want to go out feeling like we do right now. We want to go out on top, feeling good and feeling like we accomplished something. Winning at Oklahoma is what we have to do to leave something memorable, leave on a good note."

Guard Kirk Elder said, "To go to a place like Norman and play a team like Oklahoma, who plays extremely hard in front of its home crowd, it would mean a lot to us."

"That would certainly be a huge win," Franchione said. "Going to Owen Field is always a challenge for anybody, it really doesn't matter who it is. I know that these guys would relish a victory a little bit like we did at Nebraska. An Oklahoma victory would be a special one, too."

swardboy
11/2/2007, 08:49 AM
Nice to know we get SOME respect.....

adoniijahsooner
11/2/2007, 11:20 AM
It seems as though fran is throwing around compliments to make stoops forget what he said this summer.

Ever
11/2/2007, 11:46 AM
“There are a lot of people who have a lot to say when they don’t have a Big 12 championship to talk about.”

sooner59
11/2/2007, 11:52 AM
This was in the Oklahoma Daily today. After D.J. Wolfe was saying that he was going to go low when trying to tackle Jorvorskie Lane, Ryan Reynolds had a different opinion.

His quote: "I'm definitely not going for his knees. I'm not going to try and be a p**** about it. I'm definitely going to hit him square in the face."

I guess I know the match-up im going to be watching tomorrow. That is some serious talk, I hope he backs it up. No wonder Venables likes him so much. That sounds like a quote from the Boz.

Civicus_Sooner
11/2/2007, 12:00 PM
I know that these guys would relish a victory a little bit like we did at Nebraska. How aggy is it to "relish" a victory over a hapless and weak Neb team?

sanantoniosooner
11/2/2007, 12:05 PM
Beating NU in Lincoln is something I would remember for the rest of my life if I was a player. There aren't a lot that can say it. I don't care how bad this particular Husker team is.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2007, 12:28 PM
"I hope we win"-STEP

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2007, 12:31 PM
"I hope I dont get the poops from the hot links wrapped in pepperjack cheese during the game again."-STEP

jwlynn64
11/2/2007, 01:05 PM
Just let us know what restroon to avoid! ;)

Seamus
11/2/2007, 01:11 PM
Are those your kids with Dennis Farina?

jwlynn64
11/2/2007, 01:16 PM
I really don't look like him but still funny! :)

Civicus_Sooner
11/2/2007, 02:26 PM
Beating NU in Lincoln is something I would remember for the rest of my life if I was a player. There aren't a lot that can say it. I don't care how bad this particular Husker team is.
It just sounds like OSU fans while Blake/Schnelly were here. Yeah, some accomplishment!

picasso
11/2/2007, 02:28 PM
This was in the Oklahoma Daily today. After D.J. Wolfe was saying that he was going to go low when trying to tackle Jorvorskie Lane, Ryan Reynolds had a different opinion.

His quote: "I'm definitely not going for his knees. I'm not going to try and be a p**** about it. I'm definitely going to hit him square in the face."

I guess I know the match-up im going to be watching tomorrow. That is some serious talk, I hope he backs it up. No wonder Venables likes him so much. That sounds like a quote from the Boz.
this is a problem with too many d-backs. that's why they get stiff armed and such so often. look at the big tight end from oSu, hit him low and drops like sack of potatoes.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2007, 03:40 PM
Just let us know what restroon to avoid! ;)

If you go in the wrong one you will know....its a sound and smell that will be unlike anything you have ever known.

Seamus
11/2/2007, 04:26 PM
If you go in the wrong one you will know....its a sound and smell that will be unlike anything you have ever known.

This post is worthless without pictu- ... no, check that. :eek:

Flagstaffsooner
11/2/2007, 04:50 PM
"One of the pro scouts was just asking me yesterday, 'Who the heck is 33?' " Stoops said. "I said, 'He's just a young sophomore, leave him alone.'

:D

jwlynn64
11/2/2007, 04:54 PM
Someone needs to post the poop e-mail. The one that describes all the different types of poop. I still bust a gut every time someone shows it to me. Of course I never keep a copy of I'd post it! ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2007, 06:27 PM
This post is worthless without pictu- ... no, check that. :eek:

You know I got some pics on my phone camera...I could post them if you like...

sanantoniosooner
11/2/2007, 06:40 PM
It just sounds like OSU fans while Blake/Schnelly were here. Yeah, some accomplishment!
Dude. Scoring with the hottest chick in school still counts 15 years later when she's fat.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2007, 06:42 PM
Dude. Scoring with the hottest chick in school still counts 15 years later when she's fat.

You know, I have pondered that question before. Thanks for answering it

Dan Thompson
11/2/2007, 08:24 PM
I had a co-worker who played LB at Iowa St. His claim to fame was that he talked Jamal Halloway once.

Big Red Ron
11/2/2007, 11:57 PM
You know, I have pondered that question before. Thanks for answering itHe's wrong. :O Think it through :D bro.