PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood writers might strike

Sooner in Tampa
11/2/2007, 05:52 AM
Let's hope they do. Then maybe the quality of television will improve!!!

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Hollywood writers said they would strike for the first time in nearly 20 years but left open the door for last-minute talks to avert a crippling walkout.
Writers Guild of America President Patric Verrone drew loud cheers when he announced in closed-door session Thursday night that the union could strike as early as Sunday, several writers told The Associated Press.
However, guild officials said privately the strike would most likely start on Monday.
The WGA board was to meet Friday morning to approve the strike and set a time for the first picket lines. A strike captains' meeting was set for Saturday morning.

soonerhubs
11/2/2007, 08:02 AM
I thought they already were on strike. Movies overall have been a great disappointment as of late.

85Sooner
11/2/2007, 08:18 AM
They were working???????????????????

OUDoc
11/2/2007, 08:20 AM
They haven't worked since "Arrested Development".

crawfish
11/2/2007, 08:23 AM
Hey! PG could get a scabbin' opportunity!

StoopTroup
11/2/2007, 08:32 AM
OMG....if Hollywood shuts down the DNC will fold!

The SKY IS FALLING ! ! !

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES ! ! !

:D

:pop:

proud gonzo
11/2/2007, 08:35 AM
Let's hope they do. Then maybe the quality of television will improve!!!TV will only improve if people stop watching the ****ty shows.

Sooner in Tampa
11/2/2007, 08:51 AM
TV will only improve if people stop watching the ****ty shows.Yeah...but I have to watch something other than sports non-stop.

rufnek05
11/2/2007, 09:01 AM
damn hippies.

TUSooner
11/2/2007, 09:06 AM
TV will only improve if people stop watching the ****ty shows.

That post shows why pg is miles above the level of the rest of you vapid, pathetic, useless, knuckledragging, self-diddling, morons.

Of course, I mean that in the nicest possible way.

:D

usmc-sooner
11/2/2007, 09:12 AM

how do they find out what people watch? Is a box on your TV, do they just know who is tuning into what? By polls? I don't know but I've never been polled or asked or had a box to monitor what I watch.

Basically I watch sports, local news, Survivor, Lost and Law & Order SVU, and what the kids watch.

royalfan5
11/2/2007, 09:33 AM
how do they find out what people watch? Is a box on your TV, do they just know who is tuning into what? By polls? I don't know but I've never been polled or asked or had a box to monitor what I watch.

Basically I watch sports, local news, Survivor, Lost and Law & Order SVU, and what the kids watch.
Nielsen picks families out of a sample selection to record what they watch. My Aunt and Uncle did it a few years ago. They try and get an accurate demographic cross-section of society in their selections. It is assumed that people report what they are actually watching.

Also, this strike means we could see more crappy reality series to fill space.

rufnek05
11/2/2007, 09:37 AM

your just mad because Cavemen is a flop.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2007, 10:09 AM
If they strike that means more reality shows...

handcrafted
11/2/2007, 10:18 AM
If they strike that means more reality shows...

And reruns of Dateline.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/2/2007, 10:39 AM
Tonight on the History Channel...

Great Craps in History