PDA

View Full Version : We need to get Demarco going.-Stoops

oupride
11/1/2007, 02:01 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/103007aab.html
Any one care to discuss this quote regarding Demarco? Should we read anything into that? Or no?

sooner518
11/1/2007, 02:08 PM
looks like Kevin Wilson actually said that. And I would assume that means he is going to get more carries....

Scott D
11/1/2007, 02:12 PM
or at least start getting Demarco out there in the slot. It's not like they're getting the ball to Manuel Johnson all that much anyway ;)

soonersn20xx
11/1/2007, 02:13 PM
All 3 backs are deserving of playing, but we all know that Demarco is the guy most likely to break one all the way.......I think that is why he made that statement.

oupride
11/1/2007, 02:17 PM
All 3 backs are deserving of playing, but we all know that Demarco is the guy most likely to break one all the way.......I think that is why he made that statement.
I agree 110%

silverwheels
11/1/2007, 02:18 PM
I don't care who gets the ball as long as we score.

MichiganSooner
11/1/2007, 02:22 PM
Kevin was speaking. I wonder if he meant to say, we need to get DeMarco, Allen (Patrick), and Chris (Brown) going. I say that because all 3 are sharing the run game.

Whomever anyone carries the ball, the team needs to execute so we get yards. At Iowa State, we were faced a lot of times with 2nd and 7 to 10. We need 4-5 yards on first down so we are faced with 2nd and 5 or 6. Running the ball will help set up succesful passing against A&M. Their defense is set to stop the pass; if our run game is stopping itself, we may be in trouble against them. Personally, I think if the offense does its job, the Sooners will be OK because we will have the run game working Saturday.

swardboy
11/1/2007, 03:46 PM
In the next sentence Wilson says Demarco needs more touches. He blames Demarco's lack of touches on the ball hogging offenses of Iowa State and Colorado.....give me a break. STOP TURNING THE BALL OVER, and stop having 3 and outs!!!! I was glad to hear a lot of emphasis on ball security during the bye week practices.

Animal Mother
11/1/2007, 05:14 PM
KW owes DM money????

EnidHighSooner
11/1/2007, 05:15 PM
And if Demarco isnt in at running back, they need him to switch off for kick returns.

tulsaoilerfan
11/1/2007, 06:12 PM
Then he needs to figure out how to get Demarco the ball 20x a game, or else he should look for other employment; and while he's at it, can Malcolm get the ball more than 3x a game?

goingoneight
11/1/2007, 06:40 PM
It's kind of hard to get good yardage when...

A) your vastly superior OL isn't run-blocking at all...
B) the other team stacks eight in the box...
C) You don't use any creativity in your running game
D) DeMarco only gets the ball three or four times.

Add to the fact that we turn the ball over too much.

soonerorlater25
11/1/2007, 06:40 PM
Im been saying this all season long. DeMarco is the most dangerous guy on our team.

You have to let the best players impact the game. He should at least be getting about 15 carries a game. At least.

OUmillenium
11/1/2007, 07:06 PM
I hope Demarco tears it up on the outside. I would actually like to see AP have some big yardage games since he got some preseason hype, too.

Turnovers hurt us big time v. Colorado and ISU. No tos v. Texas and we handled them. As long as we do not get the turnovers, we win every game here on out.

goingoneight
11/1/2007, 07:33 PM
As long as we don't commit turnovers, we win every game from here on out easily.

Believe me, we want to get turnovers a lot. :)

85sooners
11/1/2007, 08:19 PM
stop fumbling!!!!!!!!

MextheBulldog
11/1/2007, 11:21 PM
aTM secondary suuuuccckkkks - go deep in the first half, then work on run game all second half...with demarco or allen or chris

It's not extremely important who gets the majority of carries, but it important to improve our run game - any of the top 3 can get it done

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/1/2007, 11:55 PM
It's kind of hard to get good yardage when...

A) your vastly superior OL isn't run-blocking at all...
B) the other team stacks eight in the box...
D) DeMarco only gets the ball three or four times.

Add to the fact that we turn the ball over too much.And we were hoping the departed Chuck Long was the problem!

aurorasooner
11/2/2007, 12:31 AM
C) You don't use any creativity in your running game I have to agree on this. I don't know who's the running game coordinator, but honestly imo our running play design flat sucks and isn't helping the OL at all. We play a team we can overpower up front or their DL and LBs tire in the 2nd half and we do ok, but it's not because of any creative cerebral play design from the offensive coaches......yet.

fadada1
11/2/2007, 09:02 AM
to me, the brain-dead football fan who knows nothing outside of what i see during a game, if a team stacks 8 in the box, but you still want to establish your running game, it seems that there are 2 obvious solutions: 1- run to the outside and use a 2 TE set to get those critical blocks outside the tackles. 2 - use a 2 back set (side by side) and run a semi-option where therunning back/blocking scheme goes one way, the QB fakes a pitch that way, but goes to the other side (again, using a 2 TE set to get that outside block). with our 3 backs and their speed, 2 out of 3 plays should go for significant yardage.

and call me crazy, once our run game is established, then you look to go over the top with kelly or the 8 tight ends we seem to not use enough.

ashley
11/2/2007, 09:11 AM
I hope he meant that we need to establish the run early and take control of the game and not wait until the 3rd quarter like we have done so often this year.

Curly Bill
11/2/2007, 10:54 AM

What are you talking about? We run the stretch play both left and right, how's that not being creative? ;)

SoonerJack
11/2/2007, 11:51 AM
What fadada1 said. Do that. That is all.