PDA

View Full Version : Facing The Facts - This Saturday...

Blues1
11/1/2007, 10:41 AM
I'm Thinking This Saturday could tell it all....?

1. Ohio State 1.000 .9967 .930 .976
2. Boston College .9351 .9427 .990 .956
3. LSU .9011 .8827 .880 .888
4. Arizona State .8039 .814 .930 .849
5. Oregon .8537 .8533 .810 .839

My past football experience or educated guess (Take your Pick ) tells me that unless "TWO of the above teams" Lose this Saturday our chance at a BCS National Championship game gets mighty slim...We know that Oregon or Arizona State will lose

So Come on Wisconsin, Bama ,and Florida State .... :)

If Four of those above teams go down -- We will know without a doubt - God is a Sooner Fan.... :D

PLUS some STYLE Points vs a&m also wouldn't hurt -- JMHO....!

The Maestro
11/1/2007, 10:53 AM
I agree...this is do or die Saturday. We need LSU to lose at Alabama. If that happens and we know Oregon or ASU loses then we have a good shot.

85sooners
11/1/2007, 11:01 AM
lose dammit!!!!!

OU James
11/1/2007, 11:04 AM
BC could fall, the media is all over Matt Ryan's nuts this week, they seem to forget how bad he sucked before the final 2 mins last thursday. Bowden is looking for his final big win, if only he had a QB...

JohnnyMack
11/1/2007, 11:10 AM
Facing The Facts - Don't lose and we don't have these inane threads.

Blues1
11/1/2007, 11:17 AM

Hey we are just having some Fun - Whats talking about College Football without some speculation - Are all your posts only about last weeks facts...?? Can't change the Colorado game on November 3rd --- JMHO...!!!

Have Fun & Keep R'

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/1/2007, 11:23 AM
Besides taking care of outr own business we may no know our fate until Ohio St plays Michigan. I think the single best game for our cause this week is the Alabama-LSU game. We are still in the mix if everyone wins out but I feel MUCH better about our chances if LSU goes down. Not only about our chances of getting to the NC game but more importantly winning it.

tator
11/1/2007, 11:27 AM
Besides taking care of outr own business we may no know our fate until Ohio St plays Michigan. I think the single best game for our cause this week is the Alabama-LSU game. We are still in the mix if everyone wins out but I feel MUCH better about our chances if LSU goes down. Not only about our chances of getting to the NC game but more importantly winning it.

It's a really interesting mix of teams at the top this year. It seems like the rankings are completely skewed in relation to what most people feel is the actual order of the teams' quality.

That's why you play the games, though.

Partial Qualifier
11/1/2007, 11:37 AM

I'm trying to not be cynical but we're haunted by that dropped freaking punt at CU.... i knowi know, ifs & buts....

:mad:

soonerboy_odanorth
11/1/2007, 12:05 PM
I sure hope the players are more worried about winning games than they are having somebody in front of them in the BCS lose.

If the latter is the case then we won't have anything to worry about at the end of the season because we won't be in it.

Not sayin', just sayin'...

man00
11/1/2007, 12:13 PM
LSU will destory Bama

Blues1
11/1/2007, 12:23 PM
I sure hope the players are more worried about winning games than they are having somebody in front of them in the BCS lose.

If the latter is the case then we won't have anything to worry about at the end of the season because we won't be in it.

Not sayin', just sayin'...

We all trust the players hopefully don't even read these threads...Being just fans we can afford all this speculation,that's what fans do from what I've seen.... :D

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/1/2007, 12:24 PM
LSU will destory Bama

No they won't.

SoonerJack
11/1/2007, 01:10 PM
I agree with RHCF. I don't see an LSU destruction. I think Saban rallies the Tide and leaves in its wake another LSU defeat.

soonersn20xx
11/1/2007, 01:24 PM
I found this interesting, notice how the states colleges who need LSU to lose have voted for Bama to win.

http://filelabs.net/files/thumbs/pollwoT9.th.jpg (http://filelabs.net/my.php?file=pollwoT9.jpg)

The Maestro
11/1/2007, 01:47 PM
I can see why someone would think LSU kills Alabama...I mean, rallying for two wins in the last minute, losing one on the road and having to play at Alabama in a hostile environment. Good reasoning there, Bud.

SoonerBBall
11/1/2007, 01:49 PM
I found this interesting, notice how the states colleges who need LSU to lose have voted for Bama to win.

http://filelabs.net/files/thumbs/pollwoT9.th.jpg (http://filelabs.net/my.php?file=pollwoT9.jpg)

Lots of Sooner fans in Alaska??

Mike Rich needs to stop voting in this poll.

soonersn20xx
11/1/2007, 01:52 PM
Lots of Sooner fans in Alaska??

Mike Rich needs to stop voting in this poll.Actually, I remember scrolling over Alaska and it was just one vote. :P

But I have a real good feeling about Bama this weekend, LSU could have a meltdown in that hostile stadium.

The Maestro
11/1/2007, 02:50 PM
Not sure if anyone has seen this, but it doesn't look great for Dorsey to play Saturday for LSU.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/11/01/dorsey.questionable.ap/index.html

Stoop Dawg
11/1/2007, 04:37 PM

Yeah, threads about how our team might potentially get into the NC game really **** me off!

Along with threads about...

...how poorly we played against CU
...the fact that we lost against CU
...how poorly we played against ISU
...the fact that we won against ISU
...how good Bradford has been at times
...how bad Bradford has been at times
...how many TDs JI has scored
...how many drops JI has had

I guess, when it gets right down to it, I really just hate it when people talk about OU football. Especially on a OU football board.

Bastards.

cvsooner
11/1/2007, 04:44 PM
The fact is: win the next four games and we're in the Big XII championship. Drop any of those four and it's a lot more complicated.

We can't control what anybody else does at this point.

Let's keep it simple, I say. OU 56, A&M 13.

Lott's Bandana
11/1/2007, 04:50 PM

The important "Blue State" there is NeVegas!!!

EnidHighSooner
11/1/2007, 05:11 PM
With there backup QB out , a backup linebacker, and Dorsey questionable, that helps Alabama a bit.

Blues1
11/1/2007, 05:58 PM
Yeah, threads about how our team might potentially get into the NC game really **** me off!

I guess, when it gets right down to it, I really just hate it when people talk about OU football. Especially on a OU football board.

Bastards.

Yep ... :) --- No OU talk - No Women Talk - No Booze talk -- Lets see,,?? - I can't think of anything Left to say.....Gave up hunting years ago -- Anyone into checkers ......:D

Have Fun & Keep R'

guzziguy
11/1/2007, 06:02 PM
Actually, I remember scrolling over Alaska and it was just one vote. :P

But I have a real good feeling about Bama this weekend, LSU could have a meltdown in that hostile stadium.

I know her!

I taught at an Eskimo village several years ago. One teacher from Noatak was a great OU fan. She wasn't even from Okla. She just loved football and OU's program.:)

soonerorlater25
11/1/2007, 06:46 PM
Every other night I have nightmare about losing to Colorado. It just sucks, knowing that we should have blown those guys away, Stoops just blanked out, and abandoned the running game. Because someone stops you 10 times, that doesn't mean you though ball for the rest of the game.

goingoneight
11/1/2007, 07:00 PM
Uh... we didn't throw the ball the rest of the game. We were being dropped for negative yards everytime we ran the ball. Colorado has a salty defense and it just-so-happened we beat OUrselves by not being able to catch balls on offense and defense, and Reggie's muffed punt did us in momentum-wise. Stoops didn't blank-out... but I think you can argue that Joe Jon did on his easy first down drop, JI did pretty much all of the game besides one TD, and Reggie for one play.

In reality, erase just two critical mistakes and that's about as ugly of a road win as Iowa State was. I really don't know how OUr team would have responded to the Texas game if they DID eek that Coloradom game out. Remember, bad as Texas started out, they played a damn good game against us. Sometimes you have to look at the yin and the yang. We could have easily lost to Texas, Mizzou and ISU as poorly as we've played against them in terms of mental mistakes, but we won. Was it because OUr season was on the line? Just like last year... I don't know that we win out if we didn't get Bomared, get hosed at Oregon, and dropped a second-straight loss in Dallas.
Sometimes how great a team becomes is a result of what they've been through. See: 1985 when Troy went down and we lost to Miami.

KantoSooner
11/1/2007, 07:06 PM
Roll Tide, Roll

(and make it really embarrassing so that Lester doubts himself forever more)

OU 42 - TAMU 6

En_Fuego
11/1/2007, 10:38 PM
LSU will destory Bama

With Beer Cans ?

Q22
11/1/2007, 11:05 PM
I'm hungry for another 77-0 beatdown

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/2/2007, 01:57 PM
We win everyone else loses

ouwasp
11/2/2007, 02:10 PM
Add ostate to-the-hope-they-lose list.

Wait, never mind. They're always there.

arcman46
11/2/2007, 02:16 PM
Could you imagine how boring these boards would be if we had a playoff. Nothing to b**** about.:D

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/2/2007, 03:31 PM
Could you imagine how boring these boards would be if we had a playoff. Nothing to b**** about.:D

I get you but based on the NCAA baseketball tourney I think it would be a different debate. We could b**** about the color of Oranges.

Blues1
11/4/2007, 07:46 AM
Well Bama Lets us down - But 2 teams above us DID GO Down - The odds are not in our Favor but it is STILL possible IF Michigan takes down Ohio State and LSU goes down in SEC champ game and of course we WIN out....That would most likely Give the Nation a OU vs Oregon in the BCS National Champ Game - I can't see us getting there any other way - Unless you see a different Way...??

Rock On'

Jacie
11/4/2007, 09:28 AM
2007 season but the same song as always. Unless a team manages to win ALL their games then it comes down to someone else losing in order to make the championship game, and some years even that isn't enough. The thing to remember at this point is that Oklahoma is one of a handful of teams that are still mathematically in the mix. That means over a hundred of them have already been weeded out. The Sooners are just about where we want to be.

stoopified
11/4/2007, 10:04 AM

I guess, when it gets right down to it, I really just hate it when people talk about OU football. Especially on a OU football board. :)

Bastards.You forgot the smiley,fixed it for ya.

OUTrumpet
11/4/2007, 12:50 PM
Stoops didn't blank-out... but I think you can argue that Joe Jon did on his easy first down drop, JI did pretty much all of the game besides one TD, and Reggie for one play.

Uh...you can chalk that Joe Jon play up to JI as well, JI ran misread the defense and ran the wrong route, putting his defender in the spot to hit JJF on that first down drop. JI runs the right route, that guy isn't there to pop the ball out.

LSUdeek
11/4/2007, 12:59 PM
Right now Tenn is in the driver's seat in the SEC east by virtue of their 35-14 win at home against UGA. All other SEC East teams have 3 losses.