PDA

View Full Version : Oregon or Arizona State...??

Blues1
11/1/2007, 09:05 AM
LINK

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/gamecenter/preview/NCAAF_20071103_AZST@OR

My guess is that no matter who Wins this One - That Next week They will be Ranked Higher than our Sooners....So who do we root for...? - Or does it matter...?

Whoever Wins we need for them to lose somewhere down the Line....!!!

Still R'

usmc-sooner
11/1/2007, 09:08 AM
Arizona State

Sooner in Tampa
11/1/2007, 09:10 AM
ASU---**** the DUCKS!!!!

OUTrumpet
11/1/2007, 09:15 AM
As much as I'd like to see ASU win, I don't think they will. Their qb Carpenter injured his throwing hand with a sprained thumb. That just doesn't sound good to me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3087553

Blues1
11/1/2007, 09:23 AM
Normally I wouldn't care who wins this game -- But - Either One of these teams Could be our Future Bowl opponent - Do we want to play a undefeated Arizona State in the Fiesta Bowl - Or Get even with Oregon....?? - Which Win would work Best for us...?? - I know I'm thinking too much in the future...But it's hard Not to....:)

R'

yermom
11/1/2007, 09:50 AM
since Oregon is above us AND would be out of the conversation if they lose, i think we need ASU to win

Soonermagik
11/1/2007, 09:56 AM
We want ASU to win, because they still have to play USC.

Scoregasm
11/1/2007, 09:56 AM
I want ASU. I don't think we get help either way, but I really have come to hate the Ducks. They sounded so big-headed after their win over USC. Like they were God's new gift to college football. Either way, I think the winner will still drop a game somewhere. Everyone talks about the strong teams when they play each other, but it's the "easy wins" that have been taking their toll on the good teams. Kinda like the one that bit us in the butt.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/1/2007, 10:01 AM
We want ASU to win, because they still have to play USC.

Agree. Though I think ASU with Carpenter's injury is likely to get smoked.

SoonerAcesUp
11/1/2007, 10:16 AM
I don't know why but I have this feeling that this season is going to end up with a rematch with Oregon whether it be for the national championship or in the Fiesta Bowl. What revenge that would be if it came down beating the quackers for the national championship! I just have the feeling!

MextheBulldog
11/1/2007, 10:48 AM
Guys - the Pac 10 champ will go to the Rose Bowl, unless ASU or Oregon end up in the BCS Title game in New Orleans this year. There is a chance we could play an at-large Pac 10 team in the Fiesta, but it would not be an undefeated Pac 10 team.

We need both of these teams to lose, preferably more than one game.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/1/2007, 10:50 AM
I don't know why but I have this feeling that this season is going to end up with a rematch with Oregon whether it be for the national championship or in the Fiesta Bowl. What revenge that would be if it came down beating the quackers for the national championship! I just have the feeling!

It could, but probably only if it is for the NC. I watched a college football show on ESPNU or CSTV and I happened to agree with the consensus opinion that Alabama is likely to knock off LSU based on the fact that 1. LSU has not played that well away from home. 2. Dorsey is hurt and either will not play or will be well below 100% 3. Saban has 2 weeks to prepare for a team that he used to coach.

Ariz St probably loses @ Oregon.

I'm still convinced that BC loses at least once.

Ohio St might lose at Meatchicken but I think they are going to run the table. If they did lose then it is Oregon-OU.

Then it comes down to OU or Oregon for that 2nd spot. If Oregon is not 1-2 and OU not 1 or 2 then Oregon as the Pac-10 champ would be in the Rose and OU would be in the Fiesta.

Edit: Or just like Mex said above.

The Maestro
11/1/2007, 10:50 AM
ASU will still lose at least another after this game...at UCLA where the Bruins somehow play a lot better than on the road, vs. USC who owns them and vs. Arizona. Oregon should run the table after this game...having said that, Oregon is probably gonna kill ASU.

KingBarry
11/1/2007, 11:04 AM
I'm having a feeling too, but it's not a good one. I'm just having a feeling that we win out but don't make the title game. Hey, I got no real beef if that happens as we didn't take care of business at mediocre Colorado, but it's sure not the outcome I'd like.

Hard to see BC, LSU, Ohio St AND the Ariz St/Oregon winner all drop a game.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/1/2007, 11:10 AM
I'm having a feeling too, but it's not a good one. I'm just having a feeling that we win out but don't make the title game. Hey, I got no real beef if that happens as we didn't take care of business at mediocre Colorado, but it's sure not the outcome I'd like.

Hard to see BC, LSU, Ohio St AND the Ariz St/Oregon winner all drop a game.

Not saying it is the likely thing that will happen at this point but we only need 3 of the 4 to happen. Not all 4. I really think it is more like 2 of 3 because I'm very confident that BC loses.

85sooners
11/1/2007, 11:11 AM
i want to throttle oregon!!!!!!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/1/2007, 11:34 AM
I want ASU to win vs Oregon, mostly because I think that is Oregon's best chance to lose given the rest of their schedule. All I ask of the football gods is that we not have to play LSU in NOLA, nor ASU in the Fiesta Bowl.

snp
11/1/2007, 12:12 PM
Remaining Schedules:

Arizona State:
@UCLA
USC
Arizona

Oregon:
@Arizona
@UCLA
Oregon State

man00
11/1/2007, 12:16 PM
I look for the Ducks run all over ASU

oupride
11/1/2007, 12:36 PM
ASU

oupride
11/1/2007, 12:44 PM
I look for the Ducks run all over ASU
OH BTW, the Ducks haven't "run all over" any other ranked teams this season.
California Lost 24-31
Southern Cal. Won 24-17

Blues1
11/1/2007, 12:52 PM
OH BTW, the Ducks haven't "run all over" any other ranked teams this season.
California Lost 24-31
Southern Cal. Won 24-17

A very good point....Lets go ASU 21 Oregon 20 --- :)

redblood
11/1/2007, 12:52 PM
ASU

The Maestro
11/1/2007, 01:50 PM
The interesting thing about ASU is that they can run the ball really good and get better as the game goes along. They have been down double digits in what seems like every game. 14 or so to Colorado, 19-0 to Oregon State, 20-7 to Cal...maybe some others I cannot remember.

They will give Oregon a shot...unless they turn the ball over like USC did.

soonersweetie
11/1/2007, 03:20 PM
I'm hoping for ASU. I just would prefer not to play them in the Fiesta Bowl.

soonersn20xx
11/1/2007, 03:24 PM
I'll let the football gods decide and not have a preference.

rubyspirit
11/1/2007, 06:04 PM
For OU to move up the ranks we need ASU to win this one.

OUmillenium
11/1/2007, 07:01 PM
ASU because that bangs the mother duckers way down the list. If ASU loses somewhere down the road we might jump them. Or maybe everybody else loses above us and we wind up playing ASU in the big game. Just sayin

Sooner02
11/1/2007, 07:36 PM
It's a possibility that if Oregon wins, and if we win out, we can jump them given that our schedule strength can improve with the big12 ccg. Having said that, we still need some other teams to lose to even make that a possibility.

OK2LA
11/1/2007, 07:48 PM
It's a possibility that if Oregon wins, and if we win out, we can jump them given that our schedule strength can improve with the big12 ccg. Having said that, we still need some other teams to lose to even make that a possibility.

I guess I'm the only one on the board that is worried about aggy and jayhawk.

goingoneight
11/1/2007, 07:50 PM
Oregon to knock off an undefeated. I feel Oregon lose again more before it's over anyway.

ASU loses late in the season, late losses hurt more than early losses... this is an easy one. Oregon didn't duck us, the PAC 10 officiating crew did.

Bud_Wilkinson
11/1/2007, 07:52 PM
I want to see Organ win and tOSU, LSU, BC & WVU all go down. Then we stomp a mud hole in their DA in the MNC. That would be a wonderful end to our season.
I hate their mascot, Unis, attitude, Autzen, fans, Nike and coach. In fact, they make me not like anything that same green color on the off chance it could be connected.
Never did like cheaters!!!!

goingoneight
11/1/2007, 07:52 PM
I guess I'm the only one on the board that is worried about aggy and jayhawk.

Aggy in Norman should by all that is right be a blowout that leaves the orange turds claiming we should wait for wrestling or basketball all over again.

KU is a good team, I'm still not sure how good, though. They had oppurtunities to not only win in COLLEGE STATION, but to blow the Frannies out there. How many times has BOB STOOPS or mack brown ever done that in CS?

WakeflyingSooner
11/1/2007, 09:37 PM
Come on ASU! I don't think aflack-er-Nike-er-f**ks will lose another game.
ASU still has to play SUC! I am a Suc fan this year!!
Well OK! only after last week!

AllAboutThe'O'
11/1/2007, 09:39 PM
Don't like the Ducks, but I think they'll beat Arizona State. Plus, I'm no fan of Dennis Erickson, who seems to be a West Coast version of Howard ***************. The only time an Erickson-coached team brought a smile to my face was when his Miami team ran Texas out of the Cotton Bowl in 1991, 46-3.

Sooner02
11/1/2007, 09:51 PM
Whichever team wins, I don't think their chances of losing again is very good. ASU has the toughest with USC at home, but they can pull that off. An undefeated ASU will jump BC and probably even LSU.

The question is, if Oregon wins, will a 1-loss OU be able to jump a 1-loss Oregon?

kevpks
11/1/2007, 10:17 PM
ASU has a tougher remaining schedule, so I'll root for them. Also, I will always retain an irrational hatred for Oregon.

EstablishedSooner1967
11/1/2007, 10:23 PM
Well I would like to see ASU win... then lose to USC at USC.... just my thinking.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/1/2007, 11:33 PM
Don't like the Ducks, but I think they'll beat Arizona State. Plus, I'm no fan of Dennis Erickson, who seems to be a West Coast version of Howard ***************. The only time an Erickson-coached team brought a smile to my face was when his Miami team ran Texas out of the Cotton Bowl in 1991, 46-3.Erickson is an excellent coach, and he hasn't ever pulled a Schn***********, yet. I don't see any reason to believe he will. That miami-whorn game was one of my favorite non-Sooner games of all time, FOR SURE!

Sooner02
11/1/2007, 11:40 PM
Well I would like to see ASU win... then lose to USC at USC.... just my thinking.
USC plays at ASU.

setem
11/1/2007, 11:53 PM
Is Booty out for good at USC? That Sanchez kid is pretty horrible!

ASU for sure!

Sooner02
11/2/2007, 12:09 AM
Booty is back.

Four weeks after suffering a broken finger during a shocking loss to Stanford, Booty will return to the starting lineup Saturday against Oregon State.

PLaw
11/2/2007, 08:11 AM
Sun Devils win will knock the other ou out of the BCS. Sun Devils will still need to get by SC and UCLA, plus can Mike pull the upset? Need the quackers to lose again.

BOOMER
PLaw

jccouger
11/2/2007, 11:53 AM
I'd like to see ASU win, but it won't happen. Mark it down.

MI Sooner
11/2/2007, 12:08 PM
I don't see any way we finish ahead of LSU, Oregon, ASU, tOSU, or BC if they win out. I also worry a little about staying ahead of WVU. I think there's a good chance that we might be behind ASU even if they lose a game, especially a close game to Oregon. They'll be way ahead of us in the computers. The question will be, is our poll lead significant enough to put us on top. I don't think tOSU and BC will have SOSs that are as high as ASU, so I doubt they'd overcome a two-spot deficit in the polls.

We may be in a situation where we're ranked second, and the deciding factor is who's third. If it's WVU, we're in. If it's ASU, we're out.

Also remember, that voters become much more focused on the final poll. The sports media will really start evaluating everyone's resume in much more detail than they have up to this point, much like at NCAA tournament time. This is another reason I fear ASU. We have a common opponent (CU) that they beat and we lost to.

All that said, I'm most worried that we won't win out, since every game besides Baylor is lose-able, and @TTU, OSU, and the CCG should be especially difficult.

MI Sooner
11/2/2007, 12:17 PM
The question is, if Oregon wins, will a 1-loss OU be able to jump a 1-loss Oregon?

No way, nor should we:

I think they'd have more impressive wins, and their loss is probably better, too. What's really killing us though, is UNT and USU. If we'd played merely crappy, instead of gawdawful, all-time-crappy teams like Washington and Houston this year OOC, we'd be sitting pretty.

From now on, we should make our cake-walk opener a 1-AA team, since I don't think those are counted in your computer rankings.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/2/2007, 12:48 PM
I don't see any way we finish ahead of LSU, Oregon, ASU, tOSU, or BC if they win out. I also worry a little about staying ahead of WVU. I think there's a good chance that we might be behind ASU even if they lose a game, especially a close game to Oregon. They'll be way ahead of us in the computers. The question will be, is our poll lead significant enough to put us on top. I don't think tOSU and BC will have SOSs that are as high as ASU, so I doubt they'd overcome a two-spot deficit in the polls.

We may be in a situation where we're ranked second, and the deciding factor is who's third. If it's WVU, we're in. If it's ASU, we're out.

Also remember, that voters become much more focused on the final poll. The sports media will really start evaluating everyone's resume in much more detail than they have up to this point, much like at NCAA tournament time. This is another reason I fear ASU. We have a common opponent (CU) that they beat and we lost to.

All that said, I'm most worried that we won't win out, since every game besides Baylor is lose-able, and @TTU, OSU, and the CCG should be especially difficult.

Arizona St will not, repeat will not be anywhere close to ahead of us if they lose amd we win out. They are 6th, already behind us in both of the human polls and are only ahead of us in the computers. A loss and they will drop several spots. South Florida went from #1 in the computers to #5 2 weeks ago simply by losing.

Let me make one disclaimer. If ASU loses because they get screwed by 2-3 calls like what happned to us then maybe the pollsters don't punish them much.

I still think we CAN pass Oregon in the BCS winning out because Oregon will not have a CCG to make that final case. We are ahead of them by a small margin in the Harris poll and behind by a small margin in the Coaches poll. I'm not saying it will happen but if Oregon is sitting at home the same night that OU soundly beats undefeated and 4th or 5th ranked KU in the Big 12 Championship then there will be at least a lot of questions asked as far as why a 12-1 team that lost a road game to a unranked or barely top 25 team doesn't deserve to get in ahead of a 11-1 team that lost a home game to an unranked or barely top 25 team. Add to that in the back of maybe a handful of voters minds (right or wrong) the circumstances of the game last year in Oregon. Call it karma.

I'm not satying it WILL happen but I think it is a legit possibilty.

WV is no threat to jump us if we win out. If WV wins out none of the teams that they beat will be in the BCS top 20 (Uconn is 13 now but plays WV). At the same time we could have potentially 3 top 15 BCS wins in KU,MU & Tex.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/2/2007, 12:48 PM
Double post.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/2/2007, 12:49 PM
Going for the cycle.

SoonerFanInAustin
11/3/2007, 06:38 AM
No doubt pulling for ASU.....as many others have already mentioned, I think ASU has a better chance to lose later. Oregon's chances of losing are getting very slim.

We all must be UCLA fans in the Pac 10, since they still have to play both of these teams.

OK2LA
11/3/2007, 01:44 PM
Sun Devils win will knock the other ou out of the BCS.
PLaw

There isn't another ou.

Even when you use lower case o and u.

No.

They are u of o anyway.

But, NEVER . . . EVER - say the other ou.

Not when you're talking about oregon, ohio, or oxidental.

EVER EVER!

Don't you listen to James Garner?

There is only ONE.