PDA

View Full Version : Bulls Trade

Mjcpr
11/1/2007, 08:22 AM
Why the hell would you want to trade half your team for Kobe Bryant? How would that make you much better? You've just built one of the better young teams in the league and have done so the right way, through the draft and the occasional FA signing, and now you want to dismantle it for one guy?

Ugh. I hope they never come to a deal.

:mad:

bri
11/1/2007, 09:08 AM
As long as one of those guys is Ben Gordon, it's a good move. If you're gonna have a guy who's gonna take 50 fade-aways per game, you may as well have one who can actually make them. :D

JohnnyMack
11/1/2007, 09:20 AM
Kobe going to Chicago isn't a smart move for Kobe.

sanantoniosooner
11/1/2007, 09:47 AM
All these Western Conference guys headed east.

Easier to jump ship than compete in the West.

JohnnyMack
11/1/2007, 09:52 AM
All these Western Conference guys headed east.

Easier to jump ship than compete in the West.

Yeah, didn't work out at all for Daddy. :rolleyes:

sanantoniosooner
11/1/2007, 09:55 AM
Yeah, didn't work out at all for Daddy. :rolleyes:
Exactly. Less of a fight to the Championship game. Then you just gotta hope it's not against the Spurs ;)

You don't think Garnett is thrilled to be out of this conference?

JohnnyMack
11/1/2007, 10:00 AM
I don't think the West is near as tough as it was a few years ago. It's a 3 team race and one of them is sort of handicapped, like you.

sanantoniosooner
11/1/2007, 10:17 AM
Spurs, Dallas, Phoenix, Utah is very good, Houston has the pieces if they can keep injury free.

The East has no team guaranteed to be at the top. Shaq is getting older. Detroit has lost some umph. The Cavs did zero to improve. Boston is an allstar team and we'll see if it works out for them.

It's set up for attrition. Let the losers drop by the wayside, like you.

Scott D
11/1/2007, 02:14 PM
the only way the Bulls don't "screw the pooch" on a deal is to include at least a 3rd and/or 4th team.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/1/2007, 02:28 PM
People are acting like there's a chance Ray Allen, Pierce, and Garnett will all be healthy this year. Ray Allen's last full season was about 7 years ago. I will be surprised if they achieve much more than a play off birth.

colleyvillesooner
11/1/2007, 02:33 PM
Spurs, Dallas, Phoenix, Utah is very good, Houston has the pieces if they can keep injury free.

The East has no team guaranteed to be at the top. Shaq is getting older. Detroit has lost some umph. The Cavs did zero to improve. Boston is an allstar team and we'll see if it works out for them.

It's set up for attrition. Let the losers drop by the wayside, like you.

Don't forget Denver...

Mjcpr
11/1/2007, 04:59 PM
the only way the Bulls don't "screw the pooch" on a deal is to include at least a 3rd and/or 4th team.

Of the deals I've heard mentioned, they were all 3 team deals. The latest being with Sacramento which fell through, thankfully.

Scott D
11/1/2007, 05:01 PM
Of the deals I've heard mentioned, they were all 3 team deals. The latest being with Sacramento which fell through, thankfully.

Yeah, Kobe to the Bulls, Ben Gordon and PJ Brown to the Kings, Ron Artest and Ben Wallace to the Lakers....not the best move on the part of the Bulls there.

In the end, if the Bulls are serious about getting Kobe, Gordon or Deng are gone. Especially since both can walk as free agents after the season.

Mjcpr
11/1/2007, 05:05 PM
I think Deng would be a restricted FA, not sure about Gordon.

sanantoniosooner
11/1/2007, 06:39 PM
Don't forget Denver...
yep. Very strong team.

JohnnyMack
11/1/2007, 08:47 PM
I heard Paxson **** canned the deal.

colleyvillesooner
11/1/2007, 08:59 PM
plus they're saying Kobe would veto any trade to Chicago if they lose Deng.

Scott D
11/2/2007, 12:24 PM
plus they're saying Kobe would veto any trade to Chicago if they lose Deng.

translation: I am a shooting guard, not a small forward.

colleyvillesooner
11/2/2007, 12:27 PM
You are a shooting guard?

Scott D
11/2/2007, 12:32 PM
nah, pretty sure that every league I played in I was a center or power forward ;)

Ash
11/2/2007, 01:08 PM
If the Bulls gave up everything that would be needed to get Kobe it would be same story different uni:

Kobe scores a crap ton of points on 20% or less shooting, alienates his teammates and ownership, and the team goes nowhere while Kobe makes sure he gets his Sportscenter highlight every night, except when the team really needs him when he'll pout and not shoot the ball then claim that he was just trying to be a team player.

LOL.

Reminds me of Bonds, more talent than everyone else but a complete dill hole.

bri
11/2/2007, 02:11 PM
And he'd still be less of a cancer to the team than Scottie "what, you drew this play up for the tall skinny European guy and not me?" Pippen. :D

Ash
11/2/2007, 02:53 PM
And he'd still be less of a cancer to the team than Scottie "what, you drew this play up for the tall skinny European guy and not me?" Pippen. :D

:D

At least Jordan was around before that with foot planted firmly in Scottie's arse and they won 500 championships.

There's nobody like that for Kobe.

Scott D
11/2/2007, 03:29 PM
well there was, but he decided that Miami was a cooler place than Los Angeles to be.

JohnnyMack
11/2/2007, 03:41 PM
I don't give much of a **** about the NBA, the Chicago Bulls, the Los Angeles Lakers or Kobe Bryant, but from an outsiders view I think the Bulls would be stupid to make this deal. I think Kobe would be even dumber to go to Chicago and deal with the world's largest shadow hanging over the court every night.

Scott D
11/2/2007, 03:42 PM
nobody ever said Kobe was bright...despite the fact that he allegedly would have gotten into Duke had he chosen to go to college, or the fact that he speaks 3 languages ;)

bri
11/2/2007, 05:48 PM
Hell, all that means is he can say "throw me the damn ball" in three languages. Big whoop.

Mjcpr
11/7/2007, 09:39 AM
Well, they're off to a roaring start without Kobe....bring him on.

:D