PDA

View Full Version : colorado vs mizzou

rondog79
11/1/2007, 06:12 AM
witch one helps us more to win? colorado beating a top ten opp. or mizzou for moving up

INGRAM1
11/1/2007, 07:59 AM
I say colorado.

oupride
11/1/2007, 08:16 AM
This game caught my attention too. I would think Mizzou winning would help us more. However, this is not going to be an easy game for Mizzou and if they lose, their game vs Kansas could mean less.

Blues1
11/1/2007, 08:19 AM
If we have to face Mizzou again in the Big 12 champ game then I say it's best Mizzou wins - IF Kansas makes the championship game it probably doesn't matter.The way this season has gone we probably won't know until all the cards are on the table.....
Just Keep Rockin' Sooners......:)

swardboy
11/1/2007, 08:48 AM
If we have to face Mizzou again in the Big 12 champ game then I say it's best Mizzou wins - IF Kansas makes the championship game it probably doesn't matter.The way this season has gone we probably won't know until all the cards are on the table.....
Just Keep Rockin' Sooners......:)

That sounds logical to me Captain......

StoopTroup
11/1/2007, 08:51 AM
Mizzou.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/1/2007, 09:58 AM
If Kansas wins the North it doesn't matter but I think it probably helps our case more to avenge our only loss, especially if it is by a large margin than by beating the same team again. There were be no difference as far as our SOS in the computers though.

I think we beat either team but I do think Colo the 2nd time around is probably an easier win than beating MU a second time.

All that said I think we really are only in competition with Oregon at this point is as much as the human polls and computer rankings. If Ohio St, BC, Arizona St or LSU win out I think they are ahead of us no matter what.

If we win out we probably stay ahead of WV no matter what they do.

Best case regardless is KU going into the CCG undefeated.

Phil
11/1/2007, 10:09 AM
Colorado ain't winning the North under any scenario. Never mind Missouri - CU is two games behind KU with four to play, and KU has the tiebreaker, which means that CU must win out and KU must lose three of their last four for CU to pass KU. Ain't happening.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/1/2007, 10:35 AM
Colorado ain't winning the North under any scenario. Never mind Missouri - CU is two games behind KU with four to play, and KU has the tiebreaker, which means that CU must win out and KU must lose three of their last four for CU to pass KU. Ain't happening.

CU beats MU, KU loses to Okla St, MU beats KU. They all win the other games:

CU 6-2
KU 6-2
MU 6-2

The records of the three teams will be compared against each other; Same

The records of the three teams will be compared within their division; Same

The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest Sameplaced teams in their division in order of finish - 4, 5 and 6; 4 would likely be KSU and that would eliminate Colo... there you are right. Then MU would get in based on head-to-head against KU.

If KU lost to Neb or ISU (insted of OSU) and then MU (and all teams finished 6-2) then they would be eliminated based on division record and Colo would get in based on head-to-head against MU. So it is possible, though less likely.

Blitzkrieg
11/1/2007, 10:55 AM
We need MU and KU to be one loss combined when they play in KC. Some say we'd be better off if MU won against KU, I can't see where it's not better to beat an undefeated KU in San Antonio. I think KU would choke on the pressure of that game and possibly being in the mix for the BCS title game, and I think our defense has a much better shot against KU than MU. MU really worries me in a rematch, they had it goin' on in the second half against us until the fumble on their 4 yard line.

Collier11
11/1/2007, 11:04 AM
This right here is why the BCS IS CRAP!!! Why should we as fans have to worry about which other team winning or losing will affect our computer avg more...this is retarded

Curly Bill
11/1/2007, 11:05 AM
I don't take all that strength of schedule and stuff into account. None of that is within the control of OU, or us, and so whenever these games come up and people start talking about who needs to win to help us more....well, I don't care...and in this case I hate CU more since they beat us (our own fault of course) and so I hope Mizzu stomps a mudhole in them.

I'm a simple man: I root for the team I like more, or hate the least, and all that other stuff, like SOS, and who winning helps us more, is just more then I want to consider.

Curly Bill
11/1/2007, 11:06 AM
This right here is why the BCS IS CRAP!!! Why should we as fans have to worry about which other team winning or losing will affect our computer avg more...this is retarded

I'm not neccessarily in favor of a playoff...but you're right on about worrying about who winning or losing helps us more. Just root for the team you like the best or hate the least.

man00
11/1/2007, 12:17 PM
Colorado will be the power in the North in couple of years..

Curly Bill
11/1/2007, 02:02 PM
Colorado will be the power in the North in couple of years..

That's simply not going to be the case. They don't have it in 'em.

silverwheels
11/1/2007, 02:25 PM
They may not be THE power, but they will be back to contending for the North title. Hawkins knows what he's doing.

rubyspirit
11/1/2007, 06:11 PM

I think its fun, and part of the game/season. Join in! :D

Jimminy Crimson
11/1/2007, 06:45 PM
I think its fun, and part of the game/season. Join in! :D

No.

I think the only games you should worry/be concerned about the outcome are those teams you have a rooting interest in (or hate) and those ahead of you in the polls.

:pop:

goingoneight
11/1/2007, 07:46 PM
I have to be honest... I know the only reason we lost to Colorado is because we messed up badly. I kind of like Hawkins and what he's doing. I like when coaches come in and make things respectable again... and I respect them, even if their team doesn't go too far this year... they're still rebuilding and cleaning up Barnett's clusterfark.

I think Hawkins has the oppurtunity to be as good as ole :les: was at OSU... except he's not an arsehole. He had nothing but good things to say about OU both years we played... complimented us instead of puffing out his chest after the Fiesta Bowl... AND the Boulder game. He also publicly admitted that while he was confident his team could win, that we were playing off our A-game and that it was a matter of catching us on a bad day with a home field advantage in his Monday presser following the OU/CU game.

Two years they've had a solid defense and they're just now starting to get better on offense. Special teams really has never been a problem for CU that I remember in the BIG 12 era.

Pinkel = mediocrity. Daniel = another Bomar in terms of running his mouth.

I feel for Mizzou about as much as I feel for Fran and [hairGel].

85sooners
11/1/2007, 08:25 PM
mizzou