PDA

View Full Version : i dont know if anyone saw this or cares

NorthernIowaSooner
11/1/2007, 02:12 AM
looks like hoover is taking a step in the wrong direction but kinda saw it coming http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/2007-10-30-hoover_N.htm but interesting to anyone who is interested in high school football

snp
11/1/2007, 03:19 AM
I know the article deals with different issues than simple cheating but I really don't care all that much about players not making grades at that level. Just wanted to clarify that before I contribute my anecdote.

I had a friend in HS that never understood what was taught in school and wouldn't have been able to do a damn thing with his education anywas - the guy was just not gifted with brains. I helped him cheat in both classes I had with him his senior year and those A's he got was just enough for him to pass NCAA Clearinghouse. In his very first NFL game this season, he scored a TD.

I don't regret helping him, or everyone else I helped pass so they could make it to the next level.

StoopTroup
11/1/2007, 07:38 AM
So only ONE? guy was ineligible and it cost the entire TEAM 4 games?

I will never think that is the right thing to levy on a Team for one guys misdeeds.

Kids are Kids...they'll do anything to play and get out on that field.

Thus I guess I do agree that the Coach bares the responsibility to make sure his Kids are eligible.

Does he deserve to lose his job? Probably not.

He probably needs to move to Oklahoma where we play real football. :D

Sounds like someone is gunning for him.

sanantoniosooner
11/1/2007, 07:52 AM
He probably needs to move to Oklahoma where we play real football. :D

Sounds like someone is gunning for him.
are you kidding?

Then he'd have ESPN, refs, computers and hillbilly haters out to get him.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/1/2007, 07:54 AM
So you mean Alabama high schools cheat just like Alabama colleges??

Blues1
11/1/2007, 08:31 AM
Back in the old days (The Late 50's) My high school Coach went to one of my teachers and had her move my grade from a F to a D so I could play my Junior year, I eventuality passed that class with a C+ - I will always be gratefull to that coach for giving me the chance to play and have Dick Butcus (CVS High School Chicago Ill.) run over my face....:)
Have Fun & Keep R'

zeke
11/1/2007, 08:50 AM
They got caught.

It happens in Oklahoma too and in every other state.

colinreturn
11/1/2007, 09:48 AM
it seems that there is elites that will always cheat and so whatever it takes to be elite. i live next door to southlake, and i hear plenty of the stories that goes on there. teams will always cheat.

tulsaoilerfan
11/1/2007, 06:15 PM
I know the article deals with different issues than simple cheating but I really don't care all that much about players not making grades at that level. Just wanted to clarify that before I contribute my anecdote.

I had a friend in HS that never understood what was taught in school and wouldn't have been able to do a damn thing with his education anywas - the guy was just not gifted with brains. I helped him cheat in both classes I had with him his senior year and those A's he got was just enough for him to pass NCAA Clearinghouse. In his very first NFL game this season, he scored a TD.

I don't regret helping him, or everyone else I helped pass so they could make it to the next level.
So does he send you a nice check every week? :D