PDA

View Full Version : OU 2004 NC Champs, USC stripped of title

soonersn2007
10/31/2007, 08:38 PM
I scanned the posts but didn't see a hot thread on this, but I was entertaining the idea of whether or not the system should allow us to be crowned champs in '04 if this story can be proven.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3087571

soonerhubs
10/31/2007, 08:40 PM
I scanned the posts but didn't see a hot thread on this, but I was entertaining the idea of whether or not the system should allow us to be crowned champs in '04 if this story can be proven.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3087571
Bless your heart... It's still on the front page though. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102541) :O

WA. Sooner
10/31/2007, 08:40 PM
Don't want that one if we didn't win it on the feild

OUinFLA
10/31/2007, 08:43 PM
one would hope not

bluedogok
Don't want that one if we didn't win it on the feild
I agree, it should be a vacated title if that happens.

Stitch Face
Reminds me of an old interview I saw with Harpo Marx. He had a bunch of trophies on his mantle at home and when the interviewer asked him "how did you get those?" he held up a sign that said "I bought them cheap."

bri
10/31/2007, 08:49 PM
Jesus Christ, here we go again. If we could only find a way to harness the endless, eternally renewable power of f*cking idiots, we could end the energy crisis tomorrow.

There is no way OU can lay any sort of claim to any part of the national title for 2004. That's what happens when you lose to the actual champs 55-19 and finish third in the polls. The BCS isn't going to "strip" USC of the title, I don't care if photos, documents, and a sworn confession from Reggie Bush turn up tomorrow saying that not only did his family live rent-free in a house provided by "boosters", but he also committed a double-murder in the driveway; USC isn't losing that championship.

And IF the incredibly unlikely did happen, why the hell would the title go to us? We finished third in the final polls. Auburn would get the nod as champs. Of course, they already think they won that year, so as far as they know nothing would be different.

So, in summary: You're not really very bright, and we've already discussed this countless times. Well done, Failbot 9000.

soonersn2007
10/31/2007, 08:52 PM
What an insulting arrogant twat you are, bri..........try using netiquette in your future posts. And I'll try to be as smart as you next time..........'f off and die dude.

Ash
10/31/2007, 08:55 PM
What an insulting arrogant twat you are, bri..........try using netiquette in your future posts. And I'll try to be as smart as you next time..........'f off and die dude.

He might be all those things, but he has a point.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5302/knight2copyib7.jpg

utex74
10/31/2007, 08:57 PM

I'm impressed. Some classy posts. Some other programs claim any win they can. Even a spring game. (aggy)

Now go say something crappy so I can continue hating you. :D

Chrisrokc
10/31/2007, 09:01 PM
That means go ol Vince might beable to snag another heisman lol.

critical_phil
10/31/2007, 09:02 PM

i don't think there's any question about bri's almighty twatness. he is, however, correct in his point.

and as far as things that can eff off and die, we should start with any person who believes OU deserves any part of a title in 2004.

utex74

I'm impressed. Some classy posts. Some other programs claim any win they can. Even a spring game. (aggy)

Now go say something crappy so I can continue hating you. :D

mdklatt
whether or not the system should allow us to be crowned champs

Hell no. USC would have whooped us that night with or without Reggie Bush. The way we played in that game they should have stripped us of our conference championship. Oh wait....

:O

soonersn2007
10/31/2007, 09:03 PM
I was entertaining the idea of whether or not the system should allow us to be crowned champs in '04.........

Been talked about before already, ok........but I clearly state above in my original post that I am talking about the system and not my opinion or wishes on how the championship should be handled.

I personally wouldn't want the title in such a way, but I would like to see USC stripped and an asterisk placed in the books next to 2004.

Octavian
10/31/2007, 09:04 PM
Retroactive punishments are meaningless.

The Fab Five went to the Final Four....twice.

OU won the 2005 Holiday Bowl.

And USC won 34 straight games during '03-'05.

Especially in a sport like college football where history and stats are so important.....retroactive punishments are more of a headache to fanbases than a hardship for programs.

Octavian
10/31/2007, 09:06 PM
...I would like to see USC stripped and an asterisk placed in the books next to 2004.

but that wouldn't erase the memory (or the video footage).

I'd rather (greedily) see USC slapped with a bowl ban.

soonersn2007
10/31/2007, 09:09 PM
but that wouldn't erase the memory
And what a painful memory that is sir, but I will take any solace I can get. :D

JohnnyMack
10/31/2007, 09:11 PM
Jesus Christ, here we go again. If we could only find a way to harness the endless, eternally renewable power of f*cking idiots, we could end the energy crisis tomorrow.

There is no way OU can lay any sort of claim to any part of the national title for 2004. That's what happens when you lose to the actual champs 55-19 and finish third in the polls. The BCS isn't going to "strip" USC of the title, I don't care if photos, documents, and a sworn confession from Reggie Bush turn up tomorrow saying that not only did his family live rent-free in a house provided by "boosters", but he also committed a double-murder in the driveway; USC isn't losing that championship.

And IF the incredibly unlikely did happen, why the hell would the title go to us? We finished third in the final polls. Auburn would get the nod as champs. Of course, they already think they won that year, so as far as they know nothing would be different.

So, in summary: You're not really very bright, and we've already discussed this countless times. Well done, Failbot 9000.

People make mistakes bri

sanantoniosooner
10/31/2007, 09:11 PM
And what a painful memory that is sir, but I will take any solace I can get. :D
Kind of like I can't UNread this thread. But when you get canned for calling bri a twat I'll feel better.

soonersn2007
10/31/2007, 09:13 PM
Kind of like I can't UNread this thread. But when you get canned for calling bri a twat I'll feel better.
Well whatever punishment I receive, bri will receive the same if there is justice on these boards..........so I'll sleep fine tonite skippy.

Jdog
10/31/2007, 09:14 PM

I don't know how it works with the BCS - but bri might be right, we won 2 while on probation in the 70's and didn't have to give them up. I also remember Clemson winning one and the next year they were put on probation. Who knows?

soonerboomer93
10/31/2007, 09:16 PM
People make mistakes bri

**** that, it's on the ****ing front page, a 2 page thread, with a ****ing flaming folder next to it. And the thread title clearly states that's it's about Bush and the lawsuit.

oh yeah, and this thread title and idea is just beyond ****ing retarded.

sanantoniosooner
10/31/2007, 09:20 PM
Well whatever punishment I receive, bri will receive the same if there is justice on these boards..........so I'll sleep fine tonite skippy.
justice.........on these boards?

:D

soonersn2007
10/31/2007, 09:21 PM
I am sorry to the politer people who have been annoyed by this thread.........so close it.

sanantoniosooner
10/31/2007, 09:22 PM
If your red bar is any indication you've annoyed people in countless threads.

soonerboomer93
10/31/2007, 09:24 PM
let me give you a hint. The big problem wasn't that you posted a dup thread. That will get you just a little ****.

The problem is that you are a big enough of a ****tard ********* that you made a stupid ****ing idiotic comment that we should in any way shape or mother****ing form make a claim to the 2004 championship. We don't ****ing claim championships we don't ****ing earn and we sure as **** didn't earn it that year. Next time you have a ****ing brilliant idea such as that, just keep it to yourself.

colleyvillesooner
10/31/2007, 09:24 PM
do not want.

This thread or that noob

zeke
10/31/2007, 09:25 PM
I thought we were not to speak about that game.

soonersn2007
10/31/2007, 09:25 PM
If your red bar is any indication you've annoyed people in countless threads.
You don't seem to know when to shut up do you, I conceded and you still make a troll remark............post counts and green bars are not a license to be a asshat.

sanantoniosooner
10/31/2007, 09:26 PM
93 get all worked up when you dis bri.

hmmmmm

sanantoniosooner
10/31/2007, 09:27 PM
You don't seem to know when to shut up do you, I conceded and you still make a troll remark............post counts and green bars are not a license to be a asshat.
no......but a red bar could well be the badge of one.

What part of the female anatomy do you want to call me?

soonerboomer93
10/31/2007, 09:29 PM
**** if I care if he dis's bri, he wants to dig that grave, he's more then welcome to.

The thread title is what made me angry

Collier11

WHOOPS!!!

soonersn2007
What part of the female anatomy do you want to call me?
You have a mirror don't you? And you still have to ask?

OUDoc
10/31/2007, 09:30 PM
........post counts and green bars are not a license to be a asshat.
This is the one place where that is not true.

sanantoniosooner
10/31/2007, 09:31 PM
You have a mirror don't you? And you still have to ask?
I can't read your mind.

In fact, I wouldn't want to if I could with crap like this thread floating around in there.

goingoneight
10/31/2007, 09:32 PM
I do believe I was as stunned as :stunned: when that game was over. Not that USC was that much better, but that we laid that big of an egg.

Facts are facts... even without Reggie Bush, that was BY FAR Stoops's worst game as a head coach. His players looked like they just flat-out gave up on him. A lot of that bad mojo carried into 2005, IMHO. You have a bunch of guys who were stripped of their pride in the National spotlight, then add insult to injury, you have a bunch of kids who start out with a sense of entitlement and it is a recipe for disaster... which is exactly what the first part of 2005 was. If Adrian Peterson went down with the ankle sprain say against TCU, we could have easily started out 0-4 heading into Dallas. :eek: And we all know how that RRS went over. :mad:

IMHO, I would be happy to see Stoops never lose within a mile of how badly he lost that night. All the "upsets" in the world can't match that arse-whooping we surrendered to and received.

stoopified
10/31/2007, 09:33 PM
I wouldn't want the Title as we didn't earn it.I do understand the logic in thinking that a title stripped from a cheating USC would be given to OU over Auburn Beacuse we were in the title game and Auburn WAS NOT.Therefore they can't be champs.This a moot point I am sure as the title would be most likely vacated.

soonersn2007
10/31/2007, 09:41 PM
I wouldn't want the Title as we didn't earn it.I do understand the logic in thinking that a title stripped from a cheating USC would be given to OU over Auburn Beacuse we were in the title game and Auburn WAS NOT.Therefore they can't be champs.This a moot point I am sure as the title would be most likely vacated. spot on http://forums.mystery-axiom.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif

OUinFLA
10/31/2007, 09:42 PM
http://www.myhamilton.ca/NR/rdonlyres/87F25B8E-4ACA-4EC4-B55A-E97A9D28D1E3/26198/Make20IT2.jpg

sanantoniosooner
10/31/2007, 09:43 PM
Just becsause he "understands" your logic doesn't mean that he agrees with you or that you are right.

JohnnyMack
10/31/2007, 09:43 PM
This is the one place where that is not true.

If anybody would know that, it'd be you.

JohnnyMack
10/31/2007, 09:44 PM
I am sorry to the politer people who have been annoyed by this thread.........so close it.

I appreciate your apology. Thank you.

Octavian
10/31/2007, 09:44 PM
Just becsause he "understands" your logic doesn't mean that he agrees with you or that you are right.

that's illogical

Flying Scotsman
10/31/2007, 09:46 PM
de plane, de plane....Please someone put this thread on de plane

OUDoc
10/31/2007, 09:47 PM
If anybody would know that, it'd be you.
And yo momma.

soonersn2007
10/31/2007, 09:48 PM
Ya ya http://forums.mystery-axiom.com/images/smilies/flogging.gif

colleyvillesooner
10/31/2007, 09:49 PM
And yo momma.

Why don't we get off of momma's...I just got off of yours. :D

sanantoniosooner
10/31/2007, 09:50 PM
are you the dead horse?

soonerboomer93
10/31/2007, 09:51 PM
And yo momma.

everyone knows JM's momma

Doged
10/31/2007, 09:51 PM
Not that I want to cause Bri or other overly emotional posters to have yet another stroke, but if USC were made to forfeit games (unlikely) due to playing an ineligible player they very well could be stripped of that championship as well.

What would happen then is anyone's guess, and no, no matter how emotional or vulgar you get about it you don't know any more about it than any one else that's posting here, so stop acting like you do. If it were to happen it would be unprecedented. Common sense says the championship would be vacated, but common sense doesn't always prevail. On the other hand, I can't think of any school that would accept a championship under those conditions and I'm certain OU would not. Like everyone else, I can only guess at what would transpire.

P.S. - The thread title is more than a little annoying to me as well.

Octavian
10/31/2007, 09:52 PM
wait....I'm confused.

Who has the whip?

soonersn2007
10/31/2007, 09:54 PM
are you the dead horse?
I can't decide whether or not to keep playing with you SAS. I believe your intent is to draw me deeper into a troll situation.........in which I will be labeled the troll and you will get your wish. Stop violating the forum rules SAS.

sanantoniosooner
wait....I'm confused.

Who has the whip?
07 is the horse.

The rest of us have whips.

Except stoopified. He's playing Dr Phil

Octavian
...no matter how emotional or vulgar you get about it you don't know any more about it than any one else that's posting here, so stop acting like you do.

[hairGel] THAT'S NOT TRUE!! I DO!!

I'M A MAN!! I'M 40!!

SoonerBOI
Give it to Auburn...

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3072/pfloralpeacesignlargetroj5.gif (http://imageshack.us)

sanantoniosooner
10/31/2007, 09:56 PM
I can't decide whether or not to keep playing with you SAS. I believe your intent is to draw me deeper into a troll situation.........in which I will be labeled the troll and you will get your wish. Stop violating the forum rules SAS.
What rule am I violating? Did I call you a part of the female anatomy?

If YOU would abandon this stupid thread it would die shortly and you could focus on getting negged elsewhere.

Frozen Sooner
10/31/2007, 11:21 PM
What rule am I violating? Did I call you a part of the female anatomy?

If YOU would abandon this stupid thread it would die shortly and you could focus on getting negged elsewhere.

personally, I always think of you as an elbow. A dirty, sexy elbow.