PDA

View Full Version : 1130 The Ticket- Coming to Norman on Friday

SeattleOUstudent
10/31/2007, 04:50 PM
BaD RaDiO Will be making a trek north (for the first time) for OU v. Aggie.

BTW, for all your OKC people, The Ticket puts The Sports Animal to shame!

http://www.bobanddan.com/
THIS FRIDAY, BaD RADIO MAKES IT'S FIRST TRIP TO NORMAN. WE'LL BE AT LOGANS (at 796 Asp) at CAMPUS CORNER with current Sooner coach Cale Gundy and (we think) HEISMAN WINNER BILLY SIMS. So come out and party with us at LOGANS and scream BOOMER SOONER!!

colinreturn
10/31/2007, 06:56 PM
its 1310. not 1130.

mynameisjoe
10/31/2007, 07:21 PM
One of the things I miss about Dallas is getting to listen to the Ticket. And Seattle is right: Ticket > Sports Enemal

okienole3
10/31/2007, 07:25 PM
Too bad it isn't the Hardline.

colinreturn
10/31/2007, 07:36 PM
yeah... i kinda wish the hardline was there. i am a devoted ticket fan. and i hate talk radio. its the only station i listen too. randy galloway sucks. i bet corbe will be there from the hardline...

NCSooner18
10/31/2007, 07:38 PM
One of the things I miss about Dallas is getting to listen to the Ticket. And Seattle is right: Ticket > Sports Enemal

Man, I miss those boys too. Although, not much of a BaD radio fan.

pb4ou
10/31/2007, 09:45 PM
My gawd, I thought I was gonna bust a gut yesterday listening to those guys.

That bit with the free tacos from taco bell was too hilarious.

colleyvillesooner
10/31/2007, 09:51 PM
We should show these guys what sooner nation is all about. I'd be there if I lived in Norman. Hope the students spread the word. Logans is opening early just for them...

SeattleOUstudent
10/31/2007, 11:34 PM
its 1310. not 1130.

haha! DAMMIT!:rolleyes:

UTsucks
11/1/2007, 06:19 AM

Oh let me tell you! All they ever talk about is the cowboys BLA! The girl in the morning I can't stand. Now Randy G in the afternoon is good :D

StoopTroup
11/1/2007, 07:46 AM
I like the East Coast guys the Animal feeds in as filler.

They are so damn cocky and arrogant....

I just love to listen to them tell each other how great their opinions are and especially when the heavy smoker guys get on and just about blow an artery.

colleyvillesooner
11/1/2007, 07:47 AM
Oh let me tell you! All they ever talk about is the cowboys BLA! The girl in the morning I can't stand. Now Randy G in the afternoon is good :D

You are taking about 103.3 ESPN radio. There is no girl on the ticket.

tigepilot
11/1/2007, 08:33 AM
They must have REALLY improved since the last I listened to them when I moved out of the Dallas area in 2000. Based on what I remember, I can't imagine anyone saying ANYTHING good about the Ticket!

Jdog
11/1/2007, 08:47 AM
yeah... i kinda wish the hardline was there. i am a devoted ticket fan. and i hate talk radio. its the only station i listen too. randy galloway sucks. i bet corbe will be there from the hardline...

Bad radio is Bad - Thats why they call it bad radio. As everyone says Bob and Dan Suck.
HardLine would be worth it.

Hey ColleyvilleSooner - Keller Indians are going to kick some Heritage A$$ tonight!!!!! Just like our 3 and 7 team did last year.

PS: Actually the best part of tonights Game will probably be at Halftime - Indianettes have their BOB and SUE dance (daddy - daughter dance) which I will proudly be participating in.

EstablishedSooner1967
11/1/2007, 08:49 AM
The ticket is outstanding... the early morning and afternoon guy are the best. Most people dont like them do to the fact they dont talk sports 24-7 they mix in top quality bits and guy talk. Its the #1 sports station in the southwest I believe. You have to give it a few weeks it grows on you. I have been listening for years. The two show I mentioned have big Sooner fans on each show.
Be nice and show them some great OU love...... make them love Norman.

colleyvillesooner
11/1/2007, 09:04 AM
They must have REALLY improved since the last I listened to them when I moved out of the Dallas area in 2000. Based on what I remember, I can't imagine anyone saying ANYTHING good about the Ticket!

You must have been talking to the wrong people cause they have dominated the ratings since they were launched over 10+ years ago.

It's one of those things wre you have to stay with it, even though it may sound like it sucks. Once you get the lingo down and the jokes, you'll never listen to anything else. They just won the "Sports Radio station of the year", which they are nominated for almost every year.

colinreturn
11/1/2007, 09:35 AM

103.3 sucks. you cant replace the ticket. randy galloway is annoying.

colinreturn
11/1/2007, 09:38 AM
Bad radio is Bad - Thats why they call it bad radio. As everyone says Bob and Dan Suck.
HardLine would be worth it.

Hey ColleyvilleSooner - Keller Indians are going to kick some Heritage A$$ tonight!!!!! Just like our 3 and 7 team did last year.

PS: Actually the best part of tonights Game will probably be at Halftime - Indianettes have their BOB and SUE dance (daddy - daughter dance) which I will proudly be participating in.

lol@kellerindians. heritage should win. i go to central. so i should be emberassed to talk football.

norm is the best sports talk guy in america. he could be huuge.

colinreturn
11/1/2007, 10:02 AM
this is the ticket in a nutshell

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O5gTZjuo0rc

colleyvillesooner
11/1/2007, 10:12 AM
those are the best bits. Shaw LOVES Corby. He's actually invited him to interview him in the training room, which is usually VERY OFF LIMITS to reporters. They being doing those bits for a couple of years now. What's funny in that one is it was in Miami, and he had no idea Corby would be there. That's why he makes that face and covers his face at first. Greatness.

colinreturn
11/1/2007, 10:36 AM
those are the best bits. Shaw LOVES Corby. He's actually invited him to interview him in the training room, which is usually VERY OFF LIMITS to reporters. They being doing those bits for a couple of years now. What's funny in that one is it was in Miami, and he had no idea Corby would be there. That's why he makes that face and covers his face at first. Greatness.

yeah, corby got places no reporter ever got with shaq. i have all the "interviews" saved. greatness.

mynameisjoe
11/1/2007, 10:47 AM
103.3 sucks. you cant replace the ticket. randy galloway is annoying.

Though I definitely prefer the ticket over 103.3, I do enjoy 103.3 sometimes, particularly for their national shows, like Mike & Mike and the Dan Patrick Show while he was still with ESPN. But you're right, Galloway is annoying as hell.

TexasLidig8r
11/1/2007, 10:48 AM
The Ticket is basically Maxim magazine on the radio. Their commercial breaks are an asswhip though... 6 straight minutes of commercial.. then a ticker.. than another 45 second to a minute more of commercials.

Hardline's slavish devotion to basebore gets old.

And. .if you want to know which basebore team plays best under a full moon, east of the Mississippi, on odd numbered Tuesdays, against teams who have as their primary color blue, when the crowd is less than 20,000 and the temperature is between 85.8 and 88.2 degrees.. Norm is your guy.

Their bits are good as is their guy talk.

as for Bob and Dan... listen carefully to them this Friday. Although supposedly "aggy supporters," their bit is actually to get digs in at them in subtle ways that aggy doesn't even know about.

Lock the sheep up boys... aggy is coming to town.

OKLA21FAN
11/1/2007, 10:57 AM
Grubes is greatness

just sayin

stoops the eternal pimp
11/1/2007, 01:22 PM

The girl you speak of is the Ball of Hate show...now its Nate and Hate with Nate Newton...I like listening to Nate but she is a moron. Sean Salisbury was on a couple of days ago and just messed her up leaving her speechless..

BTW, I am a card carrying P1 er..

TMcGee86
11/1/2007, 02:15 PM
omg yeah Jennifer Engel is an abomination.

She is seriously unlistenable.

I actually like Galloway though.

colinreturn
11/1/2007, 02:52 PM
The Ticket is basically Maxim magazine on the radio. Their commercial breaks are an asswhip though... 6 straight minutes of commercial.. then a ticker.. than another 45 second to a minute more of commercials.

Hardline's slavish devotion to basebore gets old.

And. .if you want to know which basebore team plays best under a full moon, east of the Mississippi, on odd numbered Tuesdays, against teams who have as their primary color blue, when the crowd is less than 20,000 and the temperature is between 85.8 and 88.2 degrees.. Norm is your guy.

Their bits are good as is their guy talk.

as for Bob and Dan... listen carefully to them this Friday. Although supposedly "aggy supporters," their bit is actually to get digs in at them in subtle ways that aggy doesn't even know about.

Lock the sheep up boys... aggy is coming to town.

the hardline has lessened the talk to the boring rangers for the past year.

yes the ads are a beating, but then comes 17 minutes of greatness.

and norm may like to point out lots of stats. But i would bank on him being more knowlegable than any other sports talk guy.

and the tickets bits are greatness, have you ever heard fake jerry and fake wade talking to fake bill?

colinreturn
11/1/2007, 02:53 PM
omg yeah Jennifer Engel is an abomination.

She is seriously unlistenable.

I actually like Galloway though.

that woman is on 103.3 espn. not 1310 the ticket.

Animal Mother
11/1/2007, 05:36 PM
Good lawd!! Jerry Jones and the "Sometimes they can smell fresh cash" remark almost put my car into a ditch at the Golden Triangle exit listening to the Ticket after Romo’s dash for the cash press conference.

Galloway has his opinions fed to him intravenously. Actually I’m wrong. Their shoved right up his arse by management to get ratings for the rag he works for and ESPN radio.
The Star-Telegram has me on email block because I was a potty mouth to Lebreton in regards to a steroid article in which he managed to bring up Bosworth. I shouldn’t let it bother me. That paper is no better than my high school paper in the 70s.

MextheBulldog
11/1/2007, 05:43 PM
merkin nip nip scrotum weiner

Bob: Pearl Harbor.....HA HA HA HA HA

mfosterftw
11/2/2007, 12:18 AM

Unless you count Barb Smith... tell her you want the dang ribs...

this is the ticket in a nutshell

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O5gTZjuo0rc

I prefer Mangino Bear... http://youtube.com/watch?v=8dIUglPRie0

Marc - Homer Bowl finalist 2006 (http://www.bobanddan.com/contact/feb7/ftworthtexanscall.mp3)

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2007, 07:57 AM

Yeah...we already established that earlier

SoonerRecon
11/2/2007, 12:05 PM
have a hot carl

GrapevineSooner
11/2/2007, 12:55 PM
Stick a dill in your mouth.

OOOOOHHHHH!!!!!!

TexasLidig8r
11/2/2007, 12:56 PM
SNAKE.

GrapevineSooner
11/2/2007, 12:58 PM
Let me explain AP to you, OK?

TexasLidig8r
11/2/2007, 01:03 PM
http://www.theticket.com/images/barb-smith.jpgBarb Smith.. wouldja?

SoonerinSouthlake
11/2/2007, 02:03 PM

You can listen online dude...
www.theticket.com

colleyvillesooner
11/2/2007, 02:04 PM
and the feed is down in Norman, so they are doing the show via cell phone. :D

GrapevineSooner
11/2/2007, 02:10 PM
The Animal must have realized they were in town and stealing all 12 of their listeners.

TMcGee86
11/2/2007, 02:22 PM

yeah I know, but she was mentioned and I just wanted to say I agree, she's terrible.

The ticket is good, however I dont listen to it enough to really get into it. I like Norm, but I'm not a huge fan of BAD radio. But I freely admit that it's probably because i havent given them enough time.

SoonerRecon
11/2/2007, 02:24 PM
3pm can't get here soon enuff, and thats why today doesn't suck. nip nip

colleyvillesooner
11/2/2007, 02:33 PM
I don't see the Hardline going to Norman...props to a Dallas radio show traveling outside it's listening area.

colinreturn
11/2/2007, 03:21 PM
I don't see the Hardline going to Norman...props to a Dallas radio show traveling outside it's listening area.

buttt corby is a devoted fan.

colleyvillesooner
11/2/2007, 03:28 PM
Yeah, i know, just saying that at least the show he hates so much actually took the time to travel to Norman for a show.