PDA

View Full Version : Exhibition Game Tonight

Ardmore_Sooner
10/31/2007, 04:43 PM
Anybody going? I'm in.

gpratt47
10/31/2007, 08:17 PM
Does anyone have a score for the game tonight?

Remembering Tom Stidham
10/31/2007, 08:33 PM
I thought the first women's exhibition was tomorrow night.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/31/2007, 09:24 PM
Men's was tonight. We won 93-58. Looked really good offensively and defensively at times. At others not so much. Blake Griffin will change the game everytime he steps on the court. He is a stud!

william_brasky
10/31/2007, 09:58 PM
hey ardmore, how'd we look at point?

BoomerGirl34
10/31/2007, 09:59 PM
Went myself and agree 100% with Ardmore. WOW! I loved the high/low passing with Blale and Longar2.

I was impressed with team speed as well.

King Crimson
10/31/2007, 11:20 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2007-2008/ouvs.rockhurst.html

link to box score, the first Omar Leary (#20) is Austin Johnson.

also, the photo gallery shows OU's new unis.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/1/2007, 12:51 AM
The point looked a lot more crisp than last year. Austin shows no signs of an injury and kept draining 3 after 3. Crocker also looked more improved and showed a lot of maturity. Omar looked a little sloppy to me. I was kinda of disappointed in his ball handling skills, but this could be said for a lot of the team. Also, as BoomerGirl said, when Longar and Blake are both on the court, things can really get interesting, and I mean that in the best regards. Longar showed a few signs of bad ball handling skills, but looked to go to the basket stronger and made a lot of really good decisions.

If Austin, Crocker, and Leary can get us the outside shooting we need, and really clear up the lane for Longar and Blake I could really see this team making their way into the dance or NIT.

Also on another note, Moose also showed no signs of an injury and looked as good now as he did last year up to the TCU game. He was shooting good beyond the arc too.

All in all I would give our performance an 8/10. Defensively we left the back door open a lot and just made some poor rebounds. We shoed signs of greatness and then not so much. We gave up WAY to many 3's to Rockhurst (which is apparently in Kansas City). Offensively, the outside shooting looked so much more improved from last year, that me typing it cannot truly explain it. Granted it was an exhibition game, we looked so much better shooting the ball. We didn't miss a shot until 7 minutes into the game, and that including a few 3's. This team can and will take them as far as the outside shooting and Blake Griffin want to take them.

JohnnyMack
11/1/2007, 06:39 AM
also, the photo gallery shows OU's new unis.

Do not want.

TopDawg
11/1/2007, 10:25 AM
If Austin, Crocker, and Leary can get us the outside shooting we need, and really clear up the lane for Longar and Blake I could really see this team making their way into the dance or NIT.

What about Cade Davis? I only saw the first half but he can shoot and showed a lot of hustle.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/1/2007, 10:45 AM
The new uni's are bad IMHO. THey need to go back with "Oklahoma" on the front or if they stay with "Sooners" on the front, make it look like it wasn't an afterthought.

Rhino
11/1/2007, 10:54 AM
Some Blake Griffin highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9dhATrQ98I)

SoonerBBall
11/1/2007, 10:55 AM
Also, Blake Griffin can Oop at will. It was crazy. We tried 5 alleys last night to Blake and he hit 4 of them. For all but one of them he was covered, too.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/1/2007, 11:29 AM
What about Cade Davis? I only saw the first half but he can shoot and showed a lot of hustle.

I don't remember to much of Cade, all I can remember was him getting rejected by the rim on a dunk. He hit one three as I recall. I think he will add some depth to the position.

SleestakSooner
11/1/2007, 12:08 PM
This should be an entertaining year for basketball at OU. The girls may actually exceed their potential and the guys should suprise more than a few opponents!

Jimminy Crimson
11/1/2007, 12:17 PM
Not a fan of the new unis.

Gray trim? Seriously?

Ardmore_Sooner
11/1/2007, 01:14 PM
I don't care about that jerseys I just wish they would've left the names on the backs.

OKC-SLC
11/1/2007, 01:18 PM
I actually like the new uniforms.

The 'Sooners' on the front is nice and plainspoken.

Ash
11/1/2007, 02:01 PM
Some Blake Griffin highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9dhATrQ98I)

Good stuff, thanks for posting Rhino.

don't mind the new uni's at all.

stoopified
11/1/2007, 05:12 PM
Not a fan of the new unis.

Gray trim? Seriously?According to Capel(KWTV 9 interview) that is SILVER,Not GRAY. I get your point though.I don't like the new unis either.Still it is better than Galloway and his BLCK jerseys.

setem
11/1/2007, 11:41 PM
In the DO today Capel said he they are going intro a new color at some point. I would not mind a black uni like the baseball team had last year. Even though it was the first game they did look more crisp and seemed like they were working the floor much faster than they have in the last few years. I may get my season ticks after all!

OUmillenium
11/2/2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks for all the info guys, I am getting fired up for hoops season.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/2/2007, 11:06 AM
Anybody going to the game tonight? I'll be there and I'll bring back all the info I can tonight after the game.

jccouger
11/2/2007, 12:35 PM
The jerseys looked fine. Holy **** you guys complain a lot.

Also on another note, Moose also showed no signs of an injury and looked as good now as he did last year up to the TCU game. He was shooting good beyond the arc too.

Too? All he did was shoot from behind the arc. I think he is still questioning himself a lot. He made a lot of mistakes and it looked like he gave himself a hard time after every one of them.

TopDawg
11/2/2007, 01:04 PM
He made a lot of mistakes and it looked like he gave himself a hard time after every one of them.

You complain a lot.

;)

Ardmore_Sooner
11/3/2007, 11:43 AM
Last time was a time for Cade Davis to shine. Cade was 5-8 beyond the arc and played fantastic all game long as he finished with 19 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 steals. Blake also had another big night coming up with 18 points.

Towards the end of the first half, OU got very sloppy and seemed like the offense was dead, but when the second half rolled around everything seemed to fall into place.

Earlier someone had mention that Moose is playing sort of scared. For about the first half and then some last night, this was exactly the case. At one point Moose had the ball kicked inside to him and he just had to jam in, but hesitated and looked to pass before just putting the ball up off the backboard as a defender almost rushed into his way. As the game when went on, it seems some of his rust wore off. He was under the basket making rebounds, getting physical, and showing tons of emotion. I think Moose needed these two game to get back into the groove of things.

One thing that was enjoyable was shooting 18-23 at the foul line, and 3 of those misses were from Blake. Longar and Moose have beautiful touches on their shots, and it seems that this year may be prove to be fruitful at the foul line, if Blake can learn to get some arc on his shots.

Defensively I was a lot more impressed last night compared to the first exhibition games, offensively we need to have better ball control. 9 TOs in the first half and 10 in the second half. One stat that stood out to me was giving up only 2 offensive rebounds to the other guys, which thoroughly impressed me.

This team has tons of potential guys. Leary looked better last night and I seriously think Austin is going to be a huge contributor beyond the foul line. Cade showed that he should get plenty of PT this year.

And a little FYI, OU walkon Freshman, Dau Jok, saw about 2 minutes of playing time last night. Dau is the first cousin of Longar Longar. Dau is 6-1 so he doesn't have the height of Longar, but busted a 3 in the waning minutes of the game.

Hope to see you at all the games, including next week where OU may have the chance to play East Central University on Friday!

BOOMER SOONER!