PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy ****es me off

handcrafted
10/31/2007, 02:39 PM
Okay, so my microwave blew up on OU-TX weekend. Power source, kablammo. It's 12 years old, so not entirely unexpected. So I go to Best Buy cuz they're close and havin' a sale n' stuff. Mine's one of those over-the-range types with a vent hood/fan connection, etc., so it's more expensive and has to be professionally installed (I don't mind doing it but it's a two person job and I try to stay away from ductwork and electrical stuff which I know diddly about). So I have to special order it because it's that beige color that nobody stocks anymore because the builders quit using it. 3 1/2 weeks lead time. They'll call me the day before (i.e., yesterday) and tell me when they'll arrive today, delivery day. Ok. Thanks. Sigh.

Of course, no call yesterday. Check the cell phone, it's working, voice mail is operational, no call. So last night I call the store, and get the info that a) said delivery dudes do not call the day before, they call the day of, and b) delivery is handled through a central location and I have to call a different store. Fine. I call said store, get hold of the delivery manager guy, and ask him what time they'll be here. After digging around for several minutes and again asking my name (by now I'm getting concerned), he finally finds my delivery order, and says "they already called you and told you they'd be there between 8am-10am." Well, considering that a) I have received no such call, and b) the other store guy told me that they call the day of, I'm confused. So I tell delivery manager guy this. He replies that he's only reading the notes off the computer screen. So, I say to myself, the delivery guys lied to their boss about calling me, and I can't get a straight answer, but I'm in their system for delivery (this morning), so I don't rock the boat further and thank him and hang up. No problem, timing is good, etc.

Of course, said delivery dudes do not show up today. So I call back to delivery store and get another delivery manager (or assistant). He confirms the delivery time, but says "your microwave is probably not on our delivery truck, since it needs to be installed. It's probably on our installer's truck. I'll call him and call you back." Now, said installer guy is a contractor, so they don't have direct control over him, I get that. However, THREE FRICKING HOURS LATER (approximately 2pm today) installer guy calls my wife who is waiting at home, not getting her crap done cuz she's waiting for the installer guy. He says he was just now notified by the store that our microwave was there and has now picked it up and put it on his truck, but it's too late for him to get to us today. Nobody's home tomorrow so now we have it scheduled for Friday. And my microwave has to sit on the guys truck and get driven around for 2 days and possibly get damaged.

Delivery assistant manager guy has not had the guts to call me back and admit that he was shooting me a line of bull****.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Widescreen
10/31/2007, 02:42 PM
Unfortunately, this stuff happens with most big store chains now. And satellite installers.

crawfish
10/31/2007, 02:46 PM
STOP SHOPPING AT BEST BUY!!!

All stores suck, but Best Buy seems to cross the line to overt evil far too often.

skycat
10/31/2007, 02:47 PM
Norm?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/31/2007, 02:56 PM
People still go there?

handcrafted
10/31/2007, 03:11 PM
STOP SHOPPING AT BEST BUY!!!

All stores suck, but Best Buy seems to cross the line to overt evil far too often.

When you need installer guys, it's pretty much the chains or D.I.Y. Is Circuit City any better? Guess I coulda tried Sears...

stoops the eternal pimp
10/31/2007, 03:14 PM
Do you have an electrician? Most of them will install that stuff for ya

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/31/2007, 03:15 PM
Same Sh*t happened with me and DirecTV. I told them to stuff it and give me my money back. No way I am paying for something when they are three hours late getting there, and that is after a FOUR HOUR WINDOW!

handcrafted
10/31/2007, 03:17 PM
Do you have an electrician? Most of them will install that stuff for ya

I do, but he charges through the nose. It's not worth it to call him just to gain an extra coupla days, besides he's so busy that unless it's an emergency, he's got a two week waiting list.

handcrafted
10/31/2007, 03:18 PM
Same Sh*t happened with me and DirecTV. I told them to stuff it and give me my money back. No way I am paying for something when they are three hours late getting there, and that is after a FOUR HOUR WINDOW!

I seriously contemplated that, however my wife vetoed the measure. She wants her frappin' microwave. ;) If this wasn't a special order I probably would have done.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/31/2007, 03:21 PM
Our electrician usually cuts us a break if I have everything ready to go, which is why I use him. I have never used installers from a chain for anything.

frankensooner
10/31/2007, 03:23 PM
Two person? I installed mine by my lonesome and it was very easy.

TMcGee86
10/31/2007, 03:29 PM
I've actually had really good experiences with Best Buy and my TV.

The worst was when I called Phillips during the first year and they sent me to some shop that had been taking TV's and keeping them and was currently shut down. Luckily I read a bunch of review on their shoddy dealings before I called. Thank gawd for the innernets or I would have never known.

But the Best Buy dude showed up and was really friendly and knew exactly what the problem was and fixed it perfectly. I actually went online and gave him a rave review as I was so surprised to get such good service from a chain like BB.

SleestakSooner
10/31/2007, 03:41 PM
Best Buy... You keep using that phrase. I do not think it means what you think it means

colleyvillesooner
10/31/2007, 03:55 PM
I had an an OK experience with them and a washing machine purchase...

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/31/2007, 03:58 PM
I seriously contemplated that, however my wife vetoed the measure. She wants her frappin' microwave. ;) If this wasn't a special order I probably would have done.

Microwave is a little more important, but I would have told them to f*** off and tell them I was going to Circuit City.:D

Sooner_Bob
10/31/2007, 04:02 PM

Your local installer has little to do with the actual scheduled time frame. DirecTV has a set time that they assign to each job and use that to determine the arrival times. What DirecTV doesn't know is that not everyone can do a specific job in their allotted time frame, i.e. a job that should take an hour could sometimes take up to 3 if the installer isn't properly informed of the equipment needed on site, and if there's an equipment failure. If DirecTV goofs up on the work order that can throw an entire day off for your installer.

handcrafted
10/31/2007, 04:05 PM
Microwave is a little more important, but I would have told them to f*** off and tell them I was going to Circuit City.:D

Special order. Already paid for. In advance. My wife demanded that the color match.

jdsooner
10/31/2007, 04:06 PM
Best Buy=Worst Buy

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/31/2007, 04:37 PM
Your local installer has little to do with the actual scheduled time frame. DirecTV has a set time that they assign to each job and use that to determine the arrival times. What DirecTV doesn't know is that not everyone can do a specific job in their allotted time frame, i.e. a job that should take an hour could sometimes take up to 3 if the installer isn't properly informed of the equipment needed on site, and if there's an equipment failure. If DirecTV goofs up on the work order that can throw an entire day off for your installer.

Oh, I know. The problem is I was on the phone for an hour and half with the local installer who couldn't contact their person and they were terribly rude about it. I figured if they were the ones installing it, they would probably be the ones fixing it if I had problems and I didn't want any part of them.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/31/2007, 04:38 PM
Special order. Already paid for. In advance. My wife demanded that the color match.

Ah yeah...missed that part :D

GottaHavePride
10/31/2007, 10:50 PM

Shoulda told the wife "stainless steel matches everything."

Norm In Norman
11/1/2007, 09:26 AM
:angrysmilie:

handcrafted
11/1/2007, 10:07 AM
Shoulda told the wife "stainless steel matches everything."

I did try that. :) "Look, dear, we'll have one black thing, one beige thing, and one stainless thing. A whole set!"

That got me about as far as my next line, "None of our stuff will match! It'll be like we were first married! Nostalgia? Second honeymoon?"

We're getting beige.