PDA

View Full Version : Sooo...

Norman Sooner
10/31/2007, 11:22 AM
I found out this morning that my good friends mother passed away this week..He was the best man in my wedding and is the nicest guy in the world. My question is, What do you do for people in these times? Do you buy them food? Flowers? Fortunatly I havent had a whole lot of people die around me that I am close to. All of my grandparents died in the same year(11 years ago) so im kind of clueless as what to do for him..I know the people of the South Oval have some suggestions, what are they?

yermom
10/31/2007, 11:27 AM
i just depends on what they want, i guess. i kinda hung out with my buddy last year and did fun stuff to keep him occupied while he wasn't doing all the probate/estate kinda stuff.

generally i think the established thing is to bring food though, i think that's pretty universal

OUDoc
10/31/2007, 11:28 AM
See what he needs. Offer emotional support. Not much else is necessary.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/31/2007, 12:29 PM
The main thing is just to be there for him. It's nice to send flowers or take food, but he may just want to have someone who can listen. Oh and don't act like nothing happened in a month or two. Sometimes people don't know what to say in a few months and that's when I needed people the most.

Melo
10/31/2007, 12:31 PM
Oh and don't act like nothing happened in a month or two. Sometimes people don't know what to say in a few months and that's when I needed people the most.

True statement.