PDA

View Full Version : Gundy Lick Fest

TXBOOMER
10/30/2007, 08:42 PM
Ever since Gundy stood up for Bobby getting fed fried chicken by his mommy those weekly press conferences are a freaking joke. He is extremely cocky and the media kisses his arse.

SeattleOUstudent
10/30/2007, 09:50 PM
I considered letting this thread fall all the way to the bottom, but I guess Ill bite. What is a Lick Fest?

HTown77095
10/30/2007, 09:55 PM
What is a Lick Fest?

I don't want to know..

Flying Scotsman
10/30/2007, 10:07 PM
Something to do with Jenni?

CatfishSooner
10/30/2007, 10:07 PM
Something to do with Jenni?

:eek:

Flying Scotsman
10/30/2007, 10:08 PM
That came out wrong....

BoomerGirl34
10/30/2007, 10:08 PM
Ask this guy:

http://improbable.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/howmany4.jpg

Flying Scotsman
10/30/2007, 10:09 PM
I should have said something for Gundy to do with Jenni...

goingoneight
10/30/2007, 10:19 PM
I heard a presser where he seemed like he was copy-catting the Stoops-Spurrier approach. He was being a smart *** and over-compensated to look like the big man.

Someone asked about a quote from his OC, and he said "Well, I'm not Larry..." in a really feisty manner. As if to say "shut up, that doesn't matter."

He always seemed nice before, but I have to admit, I am starting to think his newfound "fire" came from all the OSU fans and media who complained about his emotion after the Troy loss. Remember all the articles criticizing his lack of emotion and his players laughing while the team was down? Hell, I read a Poke board after the Troy game just to see what in the heck transpired that would make this team play so horribly... and all I see is "Gundy's a jackass, Bobby doesn't care, Gundy has no emotion, fire Gundy" kinda stuff.

So he stands up for Reid (as it turns out, seems Jenni might have been onto something with the "emotions issues"), and bam-bam... he's "America's Coach," he's "a reason to be proud of Oklahoma State," and the guy never has to answer questions like...

Why did your defense give up over 650 yards to a single quarterback?

Just why is Bobby Reid not even playing in your prided "two-quarterback system" right now? Wasn't he supposed to be part of an offense similar to that of Florida's 2006 effort? Hey... your words, not mine.

I understand stress and all, but the guy immediately changed when it seemed like he was on the hotseat with a Boone Pickens Bunsen burner underneath him.

LSUdeek
10/30/2007, 10:42 PM
Larry Fedora was garbage under Ron Zook; he couldn't do much of anything with a NC-winning QB under center for 3 years. Their RB is playing in the NFL now as well. I'm not too surprised he's tanking it at O-State.

If Zook is anything, he's a freaking awesome recruiter.

cvsooner
10/30/2007, 11:03 PM
All the noise about how Gundy stands up for his players sure means to me that he'll wind up with a bunch of whiny mama's boys.

tommieharris91
10/31/2007, 12:07 AM
Whiny pampered momma's boys playing in front of a half-full stadium.

SoonerKnight
11/1/2007, 02:00 AM
OSU sucks and Gundy perpetuates that better than anyone else that has coached there!!! :D

Crucifax Autumn
11/1/2007, 02:13 AM
Gundy has more in his repertois than sucking....he bends over with the best of them!

snp
11/1/2007, 03:47 AM
Larry Fedora was garbage under Ron Zook; he couldn't do much of anything with a NC-winning QB under center for 3 years. Their RB is playing in the NFL now as well. I'm not too surprised he's tanking it at O-State.

If Zook is anything, he's a freaking awesome recruiter.

He was only oc for a year under Zook, and that year they led the SEC in total offense. I wouldn't say he's tanking at osu. As much as we make fun of them, their offense is legit.

But no worries, he'll get offered a better job somewhere soon and bolt.

85sooners
11/1/2007, 11:05 AM
:eek:
Gundy has more in his repertois than sucking....he bends over with the best of them!:eek:

tator
11/1/2007, 11:23 AM
I'm just thankful that the poke staff keeps supplying us with plenty of one-liners to use on a message board.

First Lester and now Gundy? It's comedy gold!

OUmillenium
11/1/2007, 11:25 AM
I considered letting this thread fall all the way to the bottom, but I guess Ill bite. What is a Lick Fest?

Bend over and I'll show ya...Clark W. Griswald

manida
11/1/2007, 11:35 AM
He was only oc for a year under Zook, and that year they led the SEC in total offense. I wouldn't say he's tanking at osu. As much as we make fun of them, their offense is legit.

But no worries, he'll get offered a better job somewhere soon and bolt.

I kinda dont think so....OK State is his dream job!

ou4me
11/1/2007, 11:52 AM
Larry Fedora was garbage under Ron Zook; he couldn't do ...

"Larry Fedora is garbage! And the head coach that hired him is garbage!!! wait.... "