PDA

View Full Version : Weird company

Jerk
10/30/2007, 06:16 PM
They tell us we'll be fired on the spot if we get caught driving whilst talking on the cell phone.

Today, when I turned in my paperwork, they gave me a brand new Motorazr.
:confused:

If you see a big tanker truck on the shoulder with his blinkers on, and the driver is talking on the phone, it's me!

StoopTroup
10/31/2007, 03:53 AM
Use sign language.

YWIA :D

Okla-homey
10/31/2007, 06:03 AM
Even hands free? How about texting?

Do they have similar rules about EWD (eating while driving)

EWD has caused many a wreck. Especially one of those Carl's Jr. burgers. Them things is messy to eat one-handed. Plus the steering wheeel gets all greasy.

Viking Kitten
10/31/2007, 06:19 AM
'Wierd company, I can't deny. Wiiiierd, wierd company... til the day I die!'

Sorry. Random neural firing. :D

Jerk
10/31/2007, 06:20 AM
Even hands free? How about texting?

Do they have similar rules about EWD (eating while driving)

EWD has caused many a wreck. Especially one of those Carl's Jr. burgers. Them things is messy to eat one-handed. Plus the steering wheeel gets all greasy.

I asked about using hands free or the Bluetooth thing (which people who have one look rediculous, btw) and the answer was 'No! No talking, period."

I eat all the time while driving. I think one of the most dangerous things that happens is when you drop something on the floorboard and are tempted to grab it- like a cigerette or a plastic pop bottle and it rolls over to the passenger side - or try and grab anything that's out of reach- when you duck and reach for it, you might not like what you see when you straighten back up and look out the window :eek: cuz' I've noticed a tendency to steer the direction you're looking/reaching for.

Jerk
10/31/2007, 06:21 AM
'Wierd company, I can't deny. Wiiiierd, wierd company... til the day I die!'

Sorry. Random neural firing. :D

Are you OCD? I am! Certified, too!:D

Okla-homey
10/31/2007, 07:29 AM
I asked about using hands free or the Bluetooth thing (which people who have one look rediculous, btw) and the answer was 'No! No talking, period."

Breaker, breaker. How about the CB radio?

1stTimeCaller
10/31/2007, 09:02 AM
we have the same policy. Nobody follows it. The policy gets practiced as 'turn the radio down when talking to someone in the office if you are driving and don't talk on the phone when driving near the office'

VeeJay
10/31/2007, 09:43 AM
I read the Sports section this morning on the way to work. It was still dark, so I had to turn on the inside light.

At one point I lost track of my speed. Moved the paper out of the way and I was going 85.

It can be done.

crawfish
10/31/2007, 10:28 AM
Breaker, breaker. How about the CB radio?

That's what I'm wondering...