PDA

View Full Version : If only I had some leave time...

Frozen Sooner
10/30/2007, 04:51 PM
..I'd be on the next flight to Alabama with a lawn chair and a bag full of popcorn to watch THIS train wreck...

Members of one Klan group plan to protest another in Cullman

CULLMAN, Ala. -- Members of one Ku Klux Klan organization say they will assemble at the courthouse Nov. 10 to show their opposition to another Klan group that plans an anti-immigration rally there that day.

Ken Mier, who described himself as an investigator for the Alabama Ku Klux Klan and the national office of the Ku Klux Klan LLC, said in an e-mail to The Cullman Times that his group is against the tactics of the National Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, which held an anti-immigration protest last month in Athens.

"We are opposed to the ignorance and stupidity as displayed by the individuals that thumbed their nose at the area churches by continuing to use racial slurs, threats and avoided Christian deportment," he said.

The newspaper's story Monday quoted Mier as saying his group was part of a silent protest at the Indiana-based National Knights' rally held in Athens in September. He said his organization also was disgusted that the National Knights would interfere with the Trail of Tears ride.

At the Athens protest, held several hours after thousands of motorcyclists traveled through the city on the annual Trail of Tears ride, several Klan members gave anti-immigration speeches, while several hundred people, some from area churches, protested the Klan activity.

The Cullman City Council has approved a permit for the National Knights to protest outside the courthouse Nov. 10. Cullman Mayor Donald Green said the second Klan group would have to get a permit, too.

___

crawfish
10/30/2007, 04:53 PM
Wow...they're just like the Democratic party. :D

Frozen Sooner
10/30/2007, 04:54 PM
Please. Like anyone in the Democratic Party is organized enough to have ONE protest rally in a day, much less COMPETING rallies.

soonerboomer93
10/30/2007, 08:52 PM
heh

oh, and i thought this was gonna be about Bama/LSU

goingoneight
10/30/2007, 09:37 PM
^^^ Same here... :D