PDA

View Full Version : A little good news from New Orleans

TUSooner
10/30/2007, 03:12 PM
Eddie Jordan, the unbelieveably craptacular and stupefyingly incompetent district attorney of New Orleans, is resigning. It's amazing how such news could make so may people happy. I work with several former assistant DAs and they are positively giddy!

Eddie started off his tenure by replacing the white employees with black ones, which resulted in a $3+million racial discrimination judgment against the DA's office. Then things got worse.
He's been wasting resources prosecuting the cops who shot some people in the immediate post-Katrina chaos; he's been missing deadines to try all sorts of REAL criminal cases, and the cherry on the Sundae is:
A guy wanted for armed robbery fled to the DA's house for shelter... and got it! Later, the guy shot a cop. Eddie refused to talk to the NOPD about the incident for a week.
I'm tellin ya, to say Eddie Jordan is a ****head would be an insult to ****.
Maybe there is some hope after all.

OUHOMER
10/30/2007, 04:08 PM
how does the state not investigate this kind of stuff?

Bourbon St Sooner
10/30/2007, 04:10 PM
I think Jordan's prosecutorial philosophy was every criminal he put behind bars was one less person that could vote for him. Thank God that that racist inept POS is gone, but we'll see if the sheep around here vote anybody worthwhile into that position.

handcrafted
10/30/2007, 04:12 PM
http://history.sandiego.edu/gen/USPics6/02912h.jpg

http://www.bondmovies.com/allies/pepper.jpg

Bourbon St Sooner
10/30/2007, 04:15 PM

Elected officials who have their hands in the till are leary about bringing down the hammer on other elected officials who have gotten caught, lest they be next. The typical reaction from "leaders" seems to be to stay quiet and hope it goes away. I have hope that when Jindal takes over, some of that is going to change.

yermom
10/30/2007, 04:23 PM
sounds like dude should be in jail...

TUSooner
10/30/2007, 04:32 PM

It still might happen.....
maybe....
:pop:

Widescreen
10/30/2007, 04:35 PM
So why is he resigning? Is he being forced to?

TUSooner
10/30/2007, 06:01 PM
So why is he resigning? Is he being forced to?
A major investigation is inevitable. The State is on the verge of taking over the city/parish's DA office. The guy was and is a 100% embarrassment and several steps below inept as a DA (See Bourbon St's post about his prosecution philospohy :D ). He could maybe fake it in good times, but under these post-K circumstances he could not keep going.

OCUDad
10/30/2007, 06:13 PM
I think Jordan's prosecutorial philosophy was every criminal he put behind bars was one less person that could vote for him. Thank God that that racist inept POS is gone, but we'll see if the sheep around here vote anybody worthwhile into that position.TUSooner for DA!!!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/30/2007, 07:00 PM
TUSooner for DA!!!He's gotta be pretty good. He has defended Jimmy Carter right here on Soonerfans!

OCUDad
10/30/2007, 07:38 PM
I was thinking more along the lines that he's really good with sheep.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/30/2007, 11:20 PM
And my wife was telling me of a BBC America TV show - Gearhead or something like that. It is about cars - like motorweek, 'cept they also have challenges. The challenge my wife saw had 3 Brits each buy a car in Miami for $1000 and drive it to Katrinaland, errr, New Orleans. After happy misadventures, they arrive to NO and were "outraged" by the destruction of Katrinaland and the lack of rebuilding in the "wealthiest country in the world". After the prescribed amount of time of liberal handwringing and denigrating the U.S. They decide to give the cars away to the 9th ward people at a church. No one wants any of the cars, then they take them, but aren't grateful. Then later on a lady who says she's a "lawyer" is suing them because one of the free cars they gave them (a camaro) was a 1989 instead of what they thought was a '91 and for $20,000 she and "them" would go away. The Brits told them to bugger off. Then the last thing was the "white" Brits were jacked by a car load of 9th ward thugs and told to get out of their territory...

Yeah, NO hasn't changed...

Widescreen
10/31/2007, 12:18 AM
Any indication that their opinions had changed?

StoopTroup
10/31/2007, 03:20 AM
That DA job sounds like a good one if you like putting your entire Family in hiding.

TUSooner
10/31/2007, 06:15 AM
And my wife was telling me of a BBC America TV show - Gearhead or something like that. It is about cars - like motorweek, 'cept they also have challenges. The challenge my wife saw had 3 Brits each buy a car in Miami for $1000 and drive it to Katrinaland, errr, New Orleans. After happy misadventures, they arrive to NO and were "outraged" by the destruction of Katrinaland and the lack of rebuilding in the "wealthiest country in the world". After the prescribed amount of time of liberal handwringing and denigrating the U.S. They decide to give the cars away to the 9th ward people at a church. No one wants any of the cars, then they take them, but aren't grateful. Then later on a lady who says she's a "lawyer" is suing them because one of the free cars they gave them (a camaro) was a 1989 instead of what they thought was a '91 and for $20,000 she and "them" would go away. The Brits told them to bugger off. Then the last thing was the "white" Brits were jacked by a car load of 9th ward thugs and told to get out of their territory...

Yeah, NO hasn't changed...
:(

Okla-homey
10/31/2007, 07:27 AM
When I read the thread title, I had hopes it heralded the fact my friend and his family were departing that crime-ridden, dysfunctional festering boil of a city for the Land of Milk and Honey.:(

TUSooner
10/31/2007, 09:56 AM
When I read the thread title, I had hopes it heralded the fact my friend and his family were departing that crime-ridden, dysfunctional festering boil of a city for the Land of Milk and Honey.:(
Well, bless yer heart. :D
Not quite yet . . .

jneworld
10/31/2007, 12:14 PM

Forget about it, Jake. It's Lousiana.

Okla-homey
10/31/2007, 12:25 PM
The AP wire report I read about said disgraced DA states he's the guy who, as the US attorney in Nawlins, nailed former LA Gov. Edmond Edwards. Is that true?

mebbe its Edward Edmonds, I fergit.

TUSooner
10/31/2007, 12:57 PM
The AP wire report I read about said disgraced DA states he's the guy who, as the US attorney in Nawlins, nailed former LA Gov. Edmond Edwards. Is that true?

mebbe its Edward Edmonds, I fergit.
Eddie was the US Atty, but I belive the guy who did the real work was his #2 guy, the current US Atty, Jim Letten. I'd have to refresh my memory. Anyway, whatever credit EJ might have gotten from smacking Edwards is irrelevant after the way he ran the NOLA DA's office off the road.