PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs. OSU which one?

Readyfor8
10/30/2007, 02:19 PM
Hmmm, OU plays the aggies from Texas, and Texas plays the aggies from Oklahoma.

Oklahoma St. is knocking on the door of the top 25 in the Harris, Coaches, and AP. Although I have no idea where they are in the BCS. Would it be better to defeat them as a ranked opponent the week before the BigXII championship game?

Or does keeping Texas as the 15th ranked BCS opponent help us more?

Texas A&M has some votes in the top 25 but not many, I was hoping to see them make an appearance by this time. Texas Tech also has some votes which it would be nice to see them in the top 25 by Lubbock. On a side note we will have had 3 top 25 teams on the schedule if we face Kansas in the BigXII title game and Okie Lite and Tech dont make the poll when we play them.

So which one is better a Texas win or an Okie Light vic?

Curly Bill
10/30/2007, 02:21 PM
I don't care what else is going on with rankings, strength of schedule, whatever....anytime Saxet loses it's a great thing!

Boomer.....
10/30/2007, 02:29 PM
Who's to say that Kansas will not beat OSU?

colleyvillesooner
10/30/2007, 02:36 PM
puke

yermom
10/30/2007, 02:44 PM
it's really hard to root for either team here, but the idea of Texass losing to the Pokes is pretty funny

SoonerBOI
10/30/2007, 02:48 PM
:texan: overuso. We win out, we play Kansas for the Big XII championship game.

r5TPsooner
10/30/2007, 02:49 PM
I'll root for OSU unless UT starts to win.:texan:

auto
10/30/2007, 02:52 PM
is there a way for both to lose and look terrible doing it?

BoomerMcSooner
10/30/2007, 02:55 PM
First things first - I want to win the South, and OSU is our toughest competition.

Texas cannot jump us unless we lose twice and they win out.

Tech cannot jump us - even if they beat us, unless we lose another and they win out.

We'll give A&M their third conference loss this weekend, and they'll be out.

The Big12 South will most likely come down to the winner of ******....Unless OSU loses two more. I'd hate for OSU to have the chance to play us for the South on that Thanksgiving weekend. I'd rather see them lose to Kansas and Texas, and have the South locked up before ******.

Also, I'd rather Texas finish strong in the rankings and then get embarrassed in a bowl game.

SleestakSooner
10/30/2007, 03:12 PM
Let Texass get poked... I would rather play a ranked OSWho team for all the marbles at home. Enjoy another trip to the Poulan Weedeater Bowl UT!

Spanish Sooner
10/30/2007, 03:25 PM
Want Texas to win, I don't like UT winning, ever, but I also like watching OSU after they remember they suck

Bourbon St Sooner
10/30/2007, 03:27 PM
Having a team that got squashed by Troy at the top of our division is embarrasing. The least the traffic cone orange pukesters can do for the conference now is to begin stinking as bad on national tv as they did against non-conference opponents.

MikeInNorman
10/30/2007, 03:27 PM
Easy. I do not live in Texas. I do live in Oklahoma. I do not like retards pestering me about how f'in GREAT they are. Ergo, Texas.

CBattBQ87
10/30/2007, 03:34 PM
The sips losing is always good. At least from my perspective.

mdklatt
10/30/2007, 04:26 PM
I think it all comes down to this: Which flavor of orange retard do you have to put up with on a daily basis? If you live in Oklahoma hope for oSu to lose, but if you if you live in Texas hope for UT to lose. Notice that in neither case are you hoping for either team to win.

The best possible situation is the type of game we've seen recently where bright orange blows out burnt orange in the first half but then aggys away the game in the second half, thus making both teams look like ***.

JohnnyMack
10/30/2007, 04:27 PM
**** osu. I hope they get drilled.

handcrafted
10/30/2007, 04:28 PM
Normally, aggypoke. This time around, with little redheaded stepbrother strutting about how great he is being tied with us for 1st place and stuff, it's time for aggy to get taken down. So, I must hold my nose (and my lower parts) and hope for a whorn victory. By a score of 2-0.

As an aside, you guys/gals notice how on the local news here it's lately been "1st place oSu" and they leave out the fact that we are in fact TIED for 1st in the South????

MAKES ME WANNA PUKE!!!!! [hairGel]

TexasSooner01
10/30/2007, 04:33 PM
**** osu. I hope they get drilled.

My thoughts exactly!!! :D

Jimminy Crimson
10/30/2007, 05:12 PM
I hope OSU loses by 85

colleyvillesooner
10/30/2007, 05:16 PM
not enough :D

Readyfor8
10/30/2007, 05:22 PM
Forgot OSU plays Kansas, so we can't have all the cake and eat it too. Gotta pull for the golden cow worshipers from Austin.

Southeast Sooner
10/30/2007, 06:12 PM
I hope Texas wins. I'd have to put up with a few poke fans if they win.

TMcGee86
10/30/2007, 06:20 PM
I cannot stomach the off chance that aggy wins a B12 championship.

I hope texas donkey stomps them. I hope KU does the same.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/30/2007, 06:20 PM
Tx gets some potential OU recruits even when they lose(some of the kids from texas). OSU should NEVER get any OK kids that OU wants. Ergo, a win by OSU over anyone, ever, is not good, unless it's absolutely necessary for the OSU coach to keep his job.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/30/2007, 06:23 PM
I'm pulling for OSU to win. I just can't root for Texas under any circumstances.

10/30/2007, 06:26 PM
I'm pulling for OSU to win. I just can't root for Texas under any circumstances.It's never actually fun, but I HAVE to as an OU fan(IMHO).

cvsooner
10/30/2007, 06:32 PM
We've beaten Texas. Therefore, OSEwe can lose, and that will also knock the off their perch as "co-leaders" (gag) of the Big 12 South standings.

If Texas keeps winning, it can't do anything but help us in the rankings.

goingoneight
10/30/2007, 07:04 PM
I hope Colt McCoy pads his interception count, and Texas wins controversially. Why? I'm sick of hearing that despite the RRS loss, that Hook 'ems still say Sam Bradford sucks. I also want a firm grasp of the BIG 12 South. Mainly because I think Tech could get us if we continue to suck on the road.

ultimatesooner1
10/30/2007, 07:18 PM
maybe the renovated rustoleum stadium will fall into a sinkhole during the game. TX will win and I will be rooting for them because I wouldn't root for aggy if they were playing Al Queda

rubyspirit
10/30/2007, 07:25 PM
I'm rooting for O State. Go Pokes!

10/30/2007, 07:26 PM
maybe the renovated rustoleum stadium will fall into a sinkhole during the game. TX will win and I will be rooting for them because I wouldn't root for aggy if they were playing Al QuedaBack when OU actually had a good wrestling team, the old joke was about who you would root for if the Russian national team wrestled the orange aggy team. All the Sooner fans I knew, me included, had no trouble deciding.

soonermeteor
10/30/2007, 07:30 PM
Texas.... did anyone notice the 5 spot jump over the bye in our computer rankings? That was a direct result of Texas and Missouri wins.

douxpaysan
10/30/2007, 09:30 PM
You can't be a real Sooner and ever hope for a victory for anything in orange.

kevpks
10/30/2007, 09:38 PM
If it has championship implications for us, I'll root for Texas against anyone.

silverwheels
10/30/2007, 09:41 PM
Can't root for either team, but I probably get more enjoyment when OSU loses, if only for their fans' reactions.

Flying Scotsman
10/30/2007, 09:47 PM
Should be a fun game. What ever happens, happens. Blinding flash of the obvious.

HTown77095
10/30/2007, 09:58 PM
I'll take the pokes over Texass anyday! Whorns arrogance is nauseating..

aurorasooner
10/30/2007, 09:58 PM
It could be in our best interests if Texas and Kansas both beat OSU if we drop just 1 more game. However if Texas beats OSU and we drop 2 more then if Texas goes undefeated they could back in to the Big 12 CC game the same way we did last year, albeit with 2 conference losses since Texas would have the tiebreak vs OSU (if the pukes beat Kansas and us). If we played good ball against ISU, and then destroy aTm at home, I wouldn't be worrying about it, but since we looked like s*&t up in Ames, we'd better destroy aTm and look good, or we're not going to be worrying about the BCS and need all the help we can get to get to San Antonio. I think the pukes probably beat Texas in Stoolwater and even if they lose to KU, OU/OSU will be for the Big 12 south. Texas is schizo this year, they seem to be playing their best ball on the road, probably because their players aren't worried about dodging any local warrants while sneaking into DKR.

sendbaht
10/30/2007, 10:35 PM
Go Cowboys!

Boarder
10/30/2007, 11:39 PM
I hope texas wins by 75 and osu doesn't get a first down.

For those of us in Oklahoma, a texas rout is the only answer. I've said it before a hundred times. If texas routs them, you hear nothing. They go back in their hole and the bright orange goes away for a week. If it's close, it's a moral victory and they're "almost back". If the unthinkable happens and they win all you hear is Big 12 Championship talk and how they ARE back.

The last few years when they got a big lead and aggyed it away was the best situation you could hope for.

How you can live in Oklahoma in any sort of close proximity to aggy and actually want them to win is beyond me. The only possible way you could want this is if you have no contact with them at all.

If texas wins, what will the say? "HEY! WE BEAT THE WMPO!" No, they wont give a crap, they'll just be happy not to lose since that's the fate worse than death. A win means nothing. It's all about not losing to them.

Bleh.

ouwasp
10/30/2007, 11:49 PM
I'm for tex, this saturday only......:texan:

Then again, I always want the pukes to lose...

SicEmBaylor
10/30/2007, 11:54 PM
I can't stomach seeing any Texas team (with one exception) beating any Oklahoma team......even OSU.

ouwasp
10/30/2007, 11:57 PM
sic'em, if you had to work with osu fans you'd understand. They're unbearable.

SicEmBaylor
10/31/2007, 12:25 AM
sic'em, if you had to work with osu fans you'd understand. They're unbearable.
My parents and the rest of my family are all OSU graduates/fans. Believe me, I know.

10/31/2007, 12:44 AM
How you can live in Oklahoma in any sort of close proximity to aggy and actually want them to win is beyond me. The only possible way you could want this is if you have no contact with them at all.

If texas wins, what will they say? "HEY! WE BEAT THE WMPO!" No, they wont give a crap, they'll just be happy not to lose since that's the fate worse than death. A win means nothing. It's all about not losing to them.

Bleh. EXACTLY! You folks pulling for orange aggy please consider how those people act when A) they beat anybody ranked ahead of them, and more importantly B) how they act when OU loses to anybody, ever.

redblood
10/31/2007, 12:50 AM
Bright orange will most likely beat the dirty orange this time.

Breadburner
10/31/2007, 12:54 AM
Texas no question......

SoonerKnight
10/31/2007, 01:07 AM
Can't root for either one of them. How about a freak earthquake and it swallows both teams. :D

Probably not gonna happen but I can dream!!!

SoonerMom2
10/31/2007, 01:24 AM
I hope OSU loses by 85

Exactly! Once a year it is Hook 'Em Horns -- refuse to root for the school up north and Gundy under any circumstance. Arrogant group for a school that lost to Troy State.

At least Texas has tradition and I can root for them to lose big in a Bowl Game. I cannot root for Aggie.

jdsooner
10/31/2007, 01:45 AM
This thread is just a bunch of garbage!
It makes me want to puke!
I'll bet the wind is tricky in Stillwater.
I hope Texas wins by one point on a last second score so we don't have to listen to osu fans.

Boarder
10/31/2007, 10:50 AM
I hope Texas wins by one point on a last second score so we don't have to listen to osu fans.
If texas wins by one point on a last second score that's a moral victory and we have to hear how they're almost back. A destruction rout is the only answer.

EstablishedSooner1967
10/31/2007, 11:06 AM
osu... we need them ranked when we play them...

Boarder
10/31/2007, 11:47 AM
We don't need osu to be anything. OU's success has never and will never hinge on anything to do with osu.

yermom
10/31/2007, 11:55 AM
osu... we need them ranked when we play them...

hopefully they will have lost to KU by then anyway, so i think they are not likely to be ranked anyway

toast
10/31/2007, 11:56 AM
I hope texas wins by 75 and osu doesn't get a first down.

For those of us in Oklahoma, a texas rout is the only answer. I've said it before a hundred times. If texas routs them, you hear nothing. They go back in their hole and the bright orange goes away for a week. If it's close, it's a moral victory and they're "almost back". If the unthinkable happens and they win all you hear is Big 12 Championship talk and how they ARE back.

The last few years when they got a big lead and aggyed it away was the best situation you could hope for.

If texas wins, what will the say? "HEY! WE BEAT THE WMPO!" No, they wont give a crap, they'll just be happy not to lose since that's the fate worse than death. A win means nothing. It's all about not losing to them.

Bleh.

Nicely done sir.

nocaster
10/31/2007, 02:14 PM
This is the same sort of problem I had when I bought my boy a new baseball bat this spring. We could only find the bat he wanted in :stunned: orange or :texan: orange. My kid, being the smart kid he is, picked the :texan: orange bat because there was no way he was going to use a :stunned: colored bat.

NYC Poke
10/31/2007, 02:25 PM
If texas wins by one point on a last second score that's a moral victory and we have to hear how they're almost back. A destruction rout is the only answer.

Speaking of moral victories, I suppose it's a least a sign of some progress when you guys have to think about whether or not you'd want UT to win against anybody, even us.

Dan Thompson
10/31/2007, 02:26 PM
I hope Texas 'hurts' OSU

Curly Bill
10/31/2007, 02:32 PM
Can I say that I'm genuinely surprised at the number of peeps wanting Uterus to win against OSU. Now, I'm no fan of OSU at all, but my hatred of Uterus is so much that I'd only want them to beat one other school in the nation, and that of course is the Domers. Maybe if I lived around more OSU fans I'd feel like some of you. As it is I see lots more whorn fans...so maybe that's why...

mdklatt
10/31/2007, 02:37 PM
Can I say that I'm genuinely surprised at the number of peeps wanting Uterus to win against OSU.

Where do you live?

Salt City Sooner
10/31/2007, 03:03 PM
Texas, NO question.

1. Since both are on our schedule, they'll balance each other out in the computers, but if they can run the rest of their schedule, that'll do nothing but help the perception of our win over them in the voters minds. If they lose to a team that got blown out by a Sun Belt team, the RRS win becomes a WHOLE lot less impressive. Like 'em or not, we need the 'horns to be as high in the polls as possible.

2. Fact of the matter is, OU controls their own destiny, & in order to lose it, they'll have to lose a game to a lesser opponent in Norman. If that happens, as far as I'm concerned, they didn't deserve to go to the CCG anyway.

3. I have NO respect for OSU, period, & it has nothing to do with their players or coaches. In '01, how many BAZILLION 16-13 t-shirts were floating around, or 12-0 medallions in '95 when they went 4-8? They were absolutely giddy over a win that gave them a 4-7 season. I have YET to meet an OSU fan that could deny that they would have a measure of satisfaction with a 1-11 season in which the only win was over OU. The next time I see a 'horn fan celebrating a season like that, even if it DID include a win over OU, will be the first. It may be very begrudgingly, but for that, I can & do respect UT (doesn't mean I have to like 'em though :D ).

BoulderSooner79
10/31/2007, 03:15 PM
OU has benefited from a strong UT program over the years - even before the bigXII came about. Easy formula - beat UT early then both OU and UT do well the rest of the season. Sure that means UT will win a few, but the cred OU has gotten helps the polls, recruiting, etc. OU gets no cred from beating oSu even in their better years and gets murdered in the polls on the rare occasion OU loses. I say stick with the formula.

Now having been all rational about it, I must admit my sister went to oSu and I don't want to here her guff.:P

manida
10/31/2007, 04:43 PM
Texas, NO question.

3. I have NO respect for OSU, period, & it has nothing to do with their players or coaches. In '01, how many BAZILLION 16-13 t-shirts were floating around, or 12-0 medallions in '95 when they went 4-8? They were absolutely giddy over a win that gave them a 4-7 season. I have YET to meet an OSU fan that could deny that they would have a measure of satisfaction with a 1-11 season in which the only win was over OU. The next time I see a 'horn fan celebrating a season like that, even if it DID include a win over OU, will be the first. It may be very begrudgingly, but for that, I can & do respect UT (doesn't mean I have to like 'em though :D ).

I grew up seeing Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas and Mike Gundy play football.....my whole family went to OSU...except me. Now, Im a Sooner fan but that doesnt meant I hate on OSU...at all. Not all OSU fans were wearing those stupid shirts. If thats the reason you have no respect for OSU, then you have some flaws of your own. As an Oklahoman (and a US citizen for that matter) my hate for all-things-Texas runs deep. WAY beyond any other school, or state for that matter. I see it as my duty as an American to hate TX!

mdklatt
10/31/2007, 05:29 PM
As an Oklahoman (and a US citizen for that matter) my hate for all-things-Texas runs deep.

Including half of our football team?

manida
10/31/2007, 05:36 PM
yeah, but theyve been washed in the crimson and cream---departed from the dark forces that are south of the Red River......I guess I have some forgiveness in my heart for these individuals.

soonersnow
10/31/2007, 08:07 PM
A Texas win will do us more good, cause they are rated and we beat a rated team. OSU hasn't smelled a rating yet, and they probably won't.

douxpaysan
10/31/2007, 09:03 PM
The poet in me sees the joy in a TKO. Beat downs by Texas, then Kansas and roundhouse slobber-knocking in Norman. But my head says the whorns may be in trouble. So I will settle for the KO's.:D :D

utex74
10/31/2007, 09:08 PM
Including half of our football team?

Half? What happened? Did you recently cut 20-30 of your guys? ;)

stoopified
10/31/2007, 09:26 PM
I think it all comes down to this: Which flavor of orange retard do you have to put up with on a daily basis? If you live in Oklahoma hope for oSu to lose, but if you if you live in Texas hope for UT to lose. Notice that in neither case are you hoping for either team to win.

The best possible situation is the type of game we've seen recently where bright orange blows out burnt orange in the first half but then aggys away the game in the second half, thus making both teams look like ***.
That is what I'm rooting for.Puke Orange over Neon Orange in a second half rally.

goingoneight
10/31/2007, 09:43 PM
This is the same sort of problem I had when I bought my boy a new baseball bat this spring. We could only find the bat he wanted in :stunned: orange or :texan: orange. My kid, being the smart kid he is, picked the :texan: orange bat because there was no way he was going to use a :stunned: colored bat.

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/67840/2/istockphoto_67840_hand_with_spray_paint_can_2.jpg

sanantoniosooner
10/31/2007, 09:45 PM
This particular year I'd go with OSU. UT's season is pretty much in the crapper and it would set up nice for OSU to have high hopes for us to dash.

goingoneight
10/31/2007, 09:54 PM
If Texas wins, they're no threat anymore. They don't ever recruit in Oklahoma, so no worries there.

OSU would be the normal choice of an OU fan, as Texas is teh succc and all... but we need to have the BIG 12 South in our back pockets because this college football season and this team have 'meltdown' written all over them. Part of me just wants the South as soon as possible, part of me just wants the media to stop sucking up to a team that is a perrenial embarassment to the state of Oklahoma.

A Sooner in Texas
10/31/2007, 10:14 PM
Half? What happened? Did you recently cut 20-30 of your guys? ;)

Can we help it if all the good Texas players want to play for a good team?

Curly Bill
10/31/2007, 10:16 PM
Where do you live?

At different times I've live in SE Oklahoma, North Saxet, and currently reside in the Saxet Panhandle...and I've hated UTerus in each of those places more then anyone except the domers. Granted there has been more whorn fans then losur fans in those places, cept maybe SE OK, but even if you guys are surrounded my losur fans to want saxet to win?

Maybe I've just experienced a lot more obnoxious Uterus fans then losur fans to make me think the way I do? Nah, that can't be it...I just plain ol hate the U of T!!!!!! :mad:

Crucifax Autumn
11/1/2007, 02:11 AM
Can't we hope for a tie after a bajillion OTs?

StoopTroup
11/1/2007, 07:48 AM
oSu is gonna wipe the field with the whorns.....

When hell freezes over

oupride
11/1/2007, 08:33 AM
... it would set up nice for OSU to have high hopes for us to dash.

Thats how it is every year. Let's be honest. Playing the Sooners is OSU's Bowl game every season. Anyone that has ever stepped onto the Stillwater campus knows this. God help us if we ever lose to them, they remind us the next 364 days. Because their rabid-mad-cow-diseased-fans are so classless, I'm pulling for Texas. Boomer!

NYC Poke
11/1/2007, 12:18 PM
oSu is gonna wipe the field with the whorns.....

When hell freezes over

I don't see us wiping the field with them, not with our defense. But I don't see them shutting us down, either.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/650905.html

Boarder
11/1/2007, 01:10 PM
Speaking of moral victories, I suppose it's a least a sign of some progress when you guys have to think about whether or not you'd want UT to win against anybody, even us.
We don't want texas to win, we just don't want osu to win. And it's just so we don't have to listen to the insaneness of the osu fan base.

And again, what are texas fans going to say? "WHEEEEWWEEE! WE SURE KILLED THOSE POKES!"

No, of course not, they'll be like, "Ho hum, got that game past us. Again"

If they did say anything I'd be like, "So you're talking smack about beating osu? Seriously?" and that should shut them up.

BUT OH THE HUMANITY IF osu WON!

NYC Poke
11/1/2007, 02:06 PM
We don't want texas to win, we just don't want osu to win. And it's just so we don't have to listen to the insaneness of the osu fan base.

And again, what are texas fans going to say? "WHEEEEWWEEE! WE SURE KILLED THOSE POKES!"

No, of course not, they'll be like, "Ho hum, got that game past us. Again"

If they did say anything I'd be like, "So you're talking smack about beating osu? Seriously?" and that should shut them up.

BUT OH THE HUMANITY IF osu WON!

I won't disagree. Believe me, I would love to be at a point where beating you was enough of a common occurrence that our fans didn't put bumper stickers on their car reflecting the score. I would also like to get to the point where your beating us was something to be excited about, not just another hurdle to overcome on the way to the CCG. I know we're not there.

GoState
11/1/2007, 04:46 PM
I would also like to get to the point where your beating us was something to be excited about, not just another hurdle to overcome on the way to the CCG. I know we're not there.

"Hurdle" is probably a little too generous. I'd say we're more of a squirrel in the road with OU being the vehicle. Most of the time we just get squished without OU noticing the event. But every now and then, we make the car swerve off the road like little bastards do in the Geico commercials.

I agree with you about wanting to get to a point when the OSU/OU game is frequently relevant in Big 12 CCG terms. The jury is still way out on if Gundy is the coach to get us closer to that goal. In any case, I'm looking forward to this weekend.

cvsooner
11/1/2007, 04:47 PM
I still see Texas winning this one. It'll be close, but I think they've got OSEwe's number.

OUmillenium
11/1/2007, 07:08 PM
Longhorns, at least they are a legit football program.

If the whorns were undefeated or 1 loss I would be pulling hard for lOSUr, though.

SoonerBOI
11/1/2007, 07:15 PM
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/6899/texaslonghorns1uh7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Cows 100 - Wrestling U .000000000000

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/4813/ncaawrestlingyv0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

11/1/2007, 07:26 PM
"Hurdle" is probably a little too generous. I'd say we're more of a squirrel in the road with OU being the vehicle. Most of the time we just get squished without OU noticing the event. But every now and then, we make the car swerve off the road like little bastards do in the Geico commercials.

I agree with you about wanting to get to a point when the OSU/OU game is frequently relevant in Big 12 CCG terms. The jury is still way out on if Gundy is the coach to get us closer to that goal. In any case, I'm looking forward to this weekend.I'm sure you pokes are nice guys and all, but isn't there an osu wwebsite that would better keep you entertained?

goingoneight
11/1/2007, 07:31 PM

OSU fans = "little bastards." :D

I like it. ;)

Mixer!
11/1/2007, 10:19 PM
I'm sure you pokes are nice guys and all, but isn't there an osu wwebsite that would better keep you entertained? Have you SEEN some of their websites?

Typical aggy lite website:
http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/8172/rossmakinfamilywk2.jpg

SoonerFans.com:
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/4914/how20to20dress742781vw1.jpg

(EDIT: The above photo was submitted over on the fark board earlier in the year, so I assume it passed the SF.com litmus test)