PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre is the greatest quarterback ever!

badger
10/29/2007, 10:47 PM
That is all.

Boomer Sooner.

Carry on, my wayward Vikings and Bears fans...:rolleyes:

Ash
10/29/2007, 10:55 PM
You have to give a little love to his receivers who made some great plays after the catch.

badger
10/29/2007, 11:03 PM
You have to give a little love to his receivers who made some great plays after the catch.
I've seen Packers receivers come and go...

Back when I was a toddler in rural Wisconsin, we had Sharpe. He retired about the time Favre came to Green Bay.
Favre's first receiver was... Favre, for a 14 yard loss on a swatted pass.

My favorite all-time Favre receiver... ok, SECOND favorite, was Robert Brooks, who loved to jump in the stands and even had a little song that he wrote about it.

There was Keith Jackson, a great tight end who some of you around here in these here parts of the country who should remember.

There was another tight end Mark Chumura, who was Brett Favre's best friend... but alas, got into off-field trouble.

There were several good running backs, from Edgar Bennett, to Dorsey Levens, to (another Sooner great) De'mond Parker, long before the one everyone remembers, Ahman Green.

There was receiver Antonio Freeman, who made insane catches until he signed a $6 mil per year contract, then stopped playing and was cut.

There were a few lesser known receivers that only Packer fans would remember, including Bill Schroeder, Don Beebe and Terry Mickens. Lest we forget, a one hit, one Super Bowl wonder, Andre Rison.

We've had a "I want more money" premadonna who doesn't warrant a mention. We nearly had a one-time rival as a Favre receiver in Randy Moss.

But my favorite receiver of Favre's will continue to be Donald Driver, a former 7th rounder who barely made the team, but became the #1 target of many of Favre's passes, touchdowns and broken fingers from his fastballs.

Now... I'm sorry. Did you say that I forgot Favre's receivers?

OUinFLA
10/29/2007, 11:04 PM
*cough* Joe Montana , Terry Bradshaw *cough*

bluedogok
10/29/2007, 11:08 PM
Joe Montana.....an overrated Domer......

Man the Denver defense sucks this year. About time to blow it up and start over.

badger
10/29/2007, 11:18 PM
Name off all the "great" quarterbacks that you want, but Brett Favre has his Super Bowl ring, and he is also in the NFL record books numerous times...

... and before someone points out that one of the records is for most interceptions, is completing passes a BAD thing? HELL, no! Especially passes for touchdowns, especially on many consecutive starts and throwing them to three back-to-back-to-back MVP awards.

And yes, Joe Montana IS an overrated domer. In the ultimate battle of football religion with the Niners (a team the Packers beat in the playoffs several years in a row), the Catholic football god was replaced by the Mormon football god ;)

Leroy Lizard
10/29/2007, 11:20 PM
Enjoy the records while they last, as Tom Brady is going to blast every last one of them (except for Most Interceptions).

cvsooner
10/29/2007, 11:24 PM
Joe Montana was not overrated. He was a great QB.

Favre is also great. That may be the shortest overtime period, ever.

aurorasooner
10/29/2007, 11:59 PM
Man the Denver defense sucks this year. About time to blow it up and start over. It's getting harder and harder for me to root for the donks. When Shanahan ruffles through his computer printout gameplan every 30 seconds it reminds me of Clownahan. Cutler will be a very good QB if Denver can acutally develop him without Kubiak. I still don't understand that QB draw call at the end of regulation, instead of rolling Cutler out with instructions to throw it out of the EZ if there's not somebody wide open. NFL is just f'in ridiculous. The only reason, I guess, the NFL hasn't migrated to the college OT is because the Networks need to move on to the next game. A coin flip in OT to settle a hard fought tie game at the end of regulation just makes no sense.

soonerboomer93
10/30/2007, 12:54 AM
Elway has 2 rings, and beat Farve in the Super Bowl

tommieharris91
10/30/2007, 01:19 AM
Sorry, Farve's not on my top 5.

1. Montana
2. Elway
3. Brady
4. Bradshaw
5. Aikman

All Farve has on any of those guys is longevity. All of those guys have loads of yardage and TD passes on their resume, and all have more rings. You can't really use his all-time INTs thrown record to detract from him because that list is all HOFers.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/30/2007, 01:26 AM
Sorry, Farve's not on my top 5.

1. Montana
2. Elway
3. Brady
4. Bradshaw
5. Aikman

All Farve has on any of those guys is longevity. All of those guys have loads of yardage and TD passes on their resume, and all have more rings. You can't really use his all-time INTs thrown record to detract from him because that list is all HOFers.

I guess that makes Marino sub-par huh?

Blue
10/30/2007, 01:39 AM
All I know is Crosby sucks ***. All I needed was one field goal in the 2nd half to win my fantasy game. Nothing.

And I'm really tired of the Fav-re love fest. Yes he's good, but he's not gay and he's not going to F you in the *** ESPN.

tommieharris91
10/30/2007, 02:03 AM
I guess that makes Marino sub-par huh?

Yep. He shoulda won something sometime, but didn't.

Newbomb Turk
10/30/2007, 07:46 AM
So I guess Dilfer, Rypien and Brad Johnson are/were better than Marino.

usmc-sooner
10/30/2007, 08:08 AM
Brett Favre could throw a pic while playing catch with his WR's in the parking lot.

They should call him gray beard

sanantoniosooner
10/30/2007, 08:19 AM
Unitas is laughing at all of you.

sanantoniosooner
10/30/2007, 08:24 AM
stolen from another poster, different site. I tend to agree

Unitas is the greatest of all time. When he retired, he held nearly every passing record of note in an era where 12 games was the length of the regular season and the rules were not favorable to the passing game. He still holds the record for consecutive games with a TD pass, and some say that record will never be broken. His numbers are still great even by todays standards.

He started in 5 NFL Championship games in three different decades, winning three.

But the real reason he is the greatest of all time is that he invented modern football. No other player has had an impact on professional football like Unitas did. Elway, Montana, Favre, were all masters of the 2 minute drill. Unitas invented the 2 minute drill.

Elway won nothing of note until Terrell Davis showed up. Young was a product of a system. Both great QBs, but not in Unitas' class. Or Montana.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/30/2007, 08:30 AM
Jay Schroeder greatest

C&CDean
10/30/2007, 08:32 AM
1. I am an old school Packer fan.

2. I couldn't give a rat's bunghole about any other team in the NFL.

3. I am old enough to have seen Bart Starr play and he will always hold a special place in my heart. I spoke with him in the Phoenix airport when he was on his way to the Super Bowl in '96. I said "so, we gonna beat the Patriots?" He says "your gawdamned right we are, we're gonna kick their ****ing asses clear back to Boston." I was shocked. I always thought Bart Starr was a choir boy...

4. Anybody who says Troy Aikman is better than Favre is a crack baby.

Brett Favre is re-writing the record book. It's a work in progress. If you're stupid enough to say "all he's got going for him is longevity" then you're stupid indeed. Durability is a rare thing in the NFL. So is heart. Brett Favre has more heart in his left nut than most QBs have in their whole body. Winslow is a ****ant soulja. Favre's a warrior. Favre is Ali, Frazier, Ripken, Rose, Ruth, Jordan, Bird, Magic, and mother****ing Mia Hamm all in one.

Simply put, Favre is the greatest.....ever. If Tom Brady can play for about another 12 years he may catch him. Maybe.

Soonermagik
10/30/2007, 08:34 AM
No, he is not. He is a good QB, but he is reckless that is why he has the most interceptions. If you play long enough and throw enough dangerous balls good and bad things will happen.

Best QB's of all time

1) Montana
2) Brady
3) Manning
4) Bradshaw
5) Marino

usmc-sooner
10/30/2007, 08:38 AM
Roger Staubach was also better

C&CDean
10/30/2007, 08:38 AM
No, he is not. He is a good QB, but he is reckless that is why he has the most interceptions. If you play long enough and throw enough dangerous balls good and bad things will happen.

Best QB's of all time

1) Montana
2) Brady
3) Manning
4) Bradshaw
5) Marino

Well you do prove a point. The point that opinions are like *******s. Everybody has one and they all stink.

aurorasooner
10/30/2007, 08:40 AM
Marino or Aikman couldn't of made it through 2 weeks in December in Green Bay and that's when both were young. Say all you want to about Favre but he's one tough sob for playing all those winters in Green Bay.

Newbomb Turk
10/30/2007, 08:42 AM
The thing I like about Favre is that he plays the game like it's a game. He has fun on the field.

C&CDean
10/30/2007, 08:44 AM
The thing I like about Favre is that he plays the game like it's a game. He has fun on the field.

Yup. It's football, not micro surgery.

sooneron
10/30/2007, 09:01 AM

3. I am old enough to have seen Bart Starr play and he will always hold a special place in my heart. I spoke with him in the Phoenix airport when he was on his way to the Super Bowl in '96. I said "so, we gonna beat the Patriots?" He says "your gawdamned right we are, we're gonna kick their ****ing asses clear back to Boston." I was shocked. I always thought Bart Starr was a choir boy...

Brett Favre is re-writing the record book. It's a work in progress. If you're stupid enough to say "all he's got going for him is longevity" then you're stupid indeed. Durability is a rare thing in the NFL. So is heart. Brett Favre has more heart in his left nut than most QBs have in their whole body. Winslow is a ****ant soulja. Favre's a warrior. Favre is Ali, Frazier, Ripken, Rose, Ruth, Jordan, Bird, Magic, and mother****ing Mia Hamm all in one.

Simply put, Favre is the greatest.....ever. If Tom Brady can play for about another 12 years he may catch him. Maybe.
I agree with a lot of this, but I think it will be Manning to catch him.

Newbomb Turk
10/30/2007, 09:10 AM
I agree with a lot of this, but I think it will be Manning to catch him.

absolutely - Eli is a machine.

JohnnyMack
10/30/2007, 09:17 AM
For QB's of his time period Favre is definitely the most fun to watch.

Name a QB that started his NFL career since 1990 that has had (not is) a better career than he has.

usmc-sooner
10/30/2007, 09:18 AM
Marino or Aikman couldn't of made it through 2 weeks in December in Green Bay and that's when both were young. Say all you want to about Favre but he's one tough sob for playing all those winters in Green Bay.

everyone's tough when they're hopped up on pain killers

:D

cheezyq
10/30/2007, 09:18 AM
Since we're all basing our opinions on random criteria, here's my list:

1. Jeff George
2. Steve Grogan
3. Ken O'Brien
4. Wade Wilson
5. Rodney Peete

Ash
10/30/2007, 09:39 AM
I've seen Packers receivers come and go...

Back when I was a toddler in rural Wisconsin, we had Sharpe. He retired about the time Favre came to Green Bay.
Favre's first receiver was... Favre, for a 14 yard loss on a swatted pass.

My favorite all-time Favre receiver... ok, SECOND favorite, was Robert Brooks, who loved to jump in the stands and even had a little song that he wrote about it.

There was Keith Jackson, a great tight end who some of you around here in these here parts of the country who should remember.

There was another tight end Mark Chumura, who was Brett Favre's best friend... but alas, got into off-field trouble.

There were several good running backs, from Edgar Bennett, to Dorsey Levens, to (another Sooner great) De'mond Parker, long before the one everyone remembers, Ahman Green.

There was receiver Antonio Freeman, who made insane catches until he signed a $6 mil per year contract, then stopped playing and was cut.

There were a few lesser known receivers that only Packer fans would remember, including Bill Schroeder, Don Beebe and Terry Mickens. Lest we forget, a one hit, one Super Bowl wonder, Andre Rison.

We've had a "I want more money" premadonna who doesn't warrant a mention. We nearly had a one-time rival as a Favre receiver in Randy Moss.

But my favorite receiver of Favre's will continue to be Donald Driver, a former 7th rounder who barely made the team, but became the #1 target of many of Favre's passes, touchdowns and broken fingers from his fastballs.

Now... I'm sorry. Did you say that I forgot Favre's receivers?

All I know, badger, is during every single one of those "Favre's greatest moments" clips they showed last night the play invovled a receiver making the catch and then making some great plays to get 20-30 YAC yards and a touchdown.

I'm not trying to say Favre isn't one of the greats. But I'm tired of hearing about how it's all him and he's never had the supporting cast. That's a bunch of crap.

handcrafted
10/30/2007, 09:43 AM
Roger Staubach is laughing at you along with Sammy Baugh and Johnny U.

Bart Starr is crying at you Packer fans.

Joe Willy is hitting on baj. :D

Hey, where's the love for Lynn Dickey and George Blanda? :D :D

badger
10/30/2007, 09:47 AM
Funny thing happened last night:
After every catch I was like "hang onto the ball," then I remembered that I am watching the NFL and not college football. I should have known by now that NFL receivers rarely fumble because of sticky gloves :D

C&CDean
10/30/2007, 09:50 AM
All I know, badger, is during every single one of those "Favre's greatest moments" clips they showed last night the play invovled a receiver making the catch and then making some great plays to get 20-30 YAC yards and a touchdown.

I'm not trying to say Favre isn't one of the greats. But I'm tired of hearing about how it's all him and he's never had the supporting cast. That's a bunch of crap.

Huh? Every good QB has had good receivers. Did you watch those two homerun balls Favre threw last night? Perfect throws.

JiuJitsuSooner
10/30/2007, 09:52 AM
Cade McKnown or Rex Grossman!

r5TPsooner
10/30/2007, 09:53 AM

Besides being one of the biggest a-holes on the planet... Aikman couldn't carry either Brett Favre or Bart Starr's jock. Aikman always had great players when they won. Favre had great players for a couple of years and then continued to win with the average NFL'er.

wishbonesooner
10/30/2007, 09:55 AM
Favre is a football player. He plays it like we all did when we were kids, for the sheer fun of it. Brady can get all the stats there are, he's a whiner.

Ash
10/30/2007, 09:56 AM
Huh? Every good QB has had good receivers. Did you watch those two homerun balls Favre threw last night? Perfect throws.

No kidding. Like I said, I'm not saying he's not one of the greatest. And is strength and accuracy are incredible - the game winning play he threw off his back foot.

But when you talk about Aikman, you talk about Irvin. When you talk about Montana, you talk about Rice.

yet, when people talk about Favre, the conversation ends there and I've heard Packer fans say that he HASN'T had great receivers. Those clips last night showed he had playmakers. It's more than just the Favre show when Green Bay is successful.

TexasLidig8r
10/30/2007, 09:59 AM
Otto Graham.. Sid Luckman.. Slingin' Sammy Baugh.. Johnny U....

So many great ones that people today have not only not even seen, but don't even know about.

JohnnyMack
10/30/2007, 10:04 AM
Otto Graham.. Sid Luckman.. Slingin' Sammy Baugh.. Johnny U....

So many great ones that people today have not only not even seen, but don't even know about.

Calm down Grandpa, I'll get you some pudding and turn up the volume on the TV so you can watch The Price Is Right.

Soonermagik
10/30/2007, 10:05 AM
Well you do prove a point. The point that opinions are like *******s. Everybody has one and they all stink.

I'm sorry to ruin your man crush on Favre. :P Maybe you and John Madden should go hold Brett's hand. ;) I said he is a good QB, but to put him in as one of the best of all time is a joke. He is a poor game manager and really reminds me of Bomar who had lots of raw talent and horrible decision making. Football is about making decisions and this guy leads the NFL in interceptions, OUCH!!!!!! When I think of great QB's it is not just touchdowns, but guys who made solid decisions. If Denver had better clock management they would have easily beat them on that last drive.

So, you are telling me you would take Favre over Brady or Manning??? Both Manning and Brady have more accurate arms, make better decisions and know how to audible. :pop:

1890MilesToNorman
10/30/2007, 10:28 AM
OJ was the best murderer in the NFL.

Tarkington
Elway
Unitas
Marino
Brady
Staubach
Favre
Montana
Bradshaw

Pick your order, they were/are all great QB's.

handcrafted
10/30/2007, 10:32 AM
I'm sorry to ruin your man crush on Favre. :P Maybe you and John Madden should go hold Brett's hand. ;) I said he is a good QB, but to put him in as one of the best of all time is a joke. He is a poor game manager and really reminds me of Bomar who had lots of raw talent and horrible decision making. Football is about making decisions and this guy leads the NFL in interceptions, OUCH!!!!!! When I think of great QB's it is not just touchdowns, but guys who made solid decisions. If Denver had better clock management they would have easily beat them on that last drive.

So, you are telling me you would take Favre over Brady or Manning??? Both Manning and Brady have more accurate arms, make better decisions and know how to audible. :pop:

Werd. How can any QB who leads the league in interceptions be considered the greatest EVAR. Puh-leez.
:texan: :twinkies:

JohnnyMack
10/30/2007, 10:35 AM
OJ was the best murderer in the NFL.

Yup. Rae Carruth ain't got **** on him.

C&CDean
10/30/2007, 10:42 AM

Dude leads the league in everything. Including ints. So yeah, he's the greatest. At EVERYTHING.

And yes, I'd take a real live football player over one of the clones. Any ****ing day. Of course if either Brady or Manning ever got traded to Green Bay then I'd support him. But neither of them are gonna survive as long as Favre has. And neither one of them has half the fun either.

manida
10/30/2007, 10:49 AM
I thought it was hilarous when they were intorducing the offense last night

"and Vinny Testeverde's dad, Brett Favre"

Soonermagik
10/30/2007, 10:56 AM
Dude leads the league in everything. Including ints. So yeah, he's the greatest. At EVERYTHING.

And yes, I'd take a real live football player over one of the clones. Any ****ing day. Of course if either Brady or Manning ever got traded to Green Bay then I'd support him. But neither of them are gonna survive as long as Favre has. And neither one of them has half the fun either.

Dude, he has played a lot longer than Brady and Manning so of course he is going to lead in those other stats. No other NFL GM would take Favre over Manning or Brady. He is just too reckless and the stats show that. I think he is a great guy and has lots of fun, but that has nothing to do with being the best QB ever. Oh well, agree to disagree. :)

TexasLidig8r
10/30/2007, 11:29 AM
Calm down Grandpa, I'll get you some pudding and turn up the volume on the TV so you can watch The Price Is Right.

Have you ever seen some of the beauties on Price is Right???? Makes Grandpa happy in his pants you young whippersnapper!

Soonermagik
10/30/2007, 12:07 PM
Have you ever seen some of the beauties on Price is Right???? Makes Grandpa happy in his pants you young whippersnapper!

Lid, that is a funny avatar. :D

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/30/2007, 12:31 PM
Wow. I never thought I'd find myself in agreement with Leroy's Lizard.

Favre is a great QB and one of the best of all time. He isn't THE best.

I grew up a huge fan of Nolan Ryan. he was my sports role model growing up and I think he is one of the greatest of all time. I know it's baseball but Ryan was about as durable as a ballpayer could get and was throwing heat when he was 45 years old. My point? Nolan has the record for strikeouts, No-hitters, etc and on any given night could be unhittable. He also had the most walks in a career and lost a bunch of games as well. Again Ryan is my favorite but honestly he shouldn't rank higher all-time than Clemens, Maddux, Gibson or possibly Steve Carlton.

Favre is an exciting player sure. In my book though I still rank him below QBs several with more rings who not just make big plays but avoid a lot of the bad ones.

1. Elway
2. Brady (won't play as long as Favre but could have 4-5 rings when he retires.
3. Unitas
4. Manning
5. Staubach
6. Montana
7. Favre
8. Tarkenton
9. Bradshaw
10. Steve Young

My .02 anyway.

WisconsinSooner
10/30/2007, 01:40 PM

Well done.

sanantoniosooner
10/30/2007, 01:48 PM
Unitas invented most of what QBs do today, had Favres longevity and more success.

Montana NEVER lost a Superbowl......take that Roger Staubach and John Elway

Tarkenton never won the Superbowl along with Marino.

I put Unitas first and Montana second. We have a lot of Dallas fans which automatically colors their perspective on Favre, Montana, and Brady.

Manning and Brady are flying up the chart fast.

badger
10/30/2007, 01:49 PM
yet, when people talk about Favre, the conversation ends there and I've heard Packer fans say that he HASN'T had great receivers. Those clips last night showed he had playmakers. It's more than just the Favre show when Green Bay is successful.
Zzzz. Come ON, man. I just named off about 20 of Favre's receivers (including two Sooners, mind you!) and you're still trashing Favre fans?!

Just clarify next time to say "All Favre fans except badger and Dean... and maybe NormanPride too," ok?

On the end of great Favre touchdown passes (425 and counting, yessssssss) is a Lambeau Leap... and since Favre couldn't Lambeau Leap for the first 10 or so of his years in Green Bay (seriously, check the tapes, he NEVER did!), you have the likes of (here we go again...)

1- Robert Brooks
2- Antonio Freeman
3- Edgar Bennett
4- Dorsey Levens
5- Javon Walker (****ing b****in' whiner, p*ssy premadonna)
6- Greg Jennings
7- De'mond Parker
8- Don Beebe
9- Bill Schroeder
10- Ahman Green

Ok, there's 10, and there are plenty more that I, and other REAL Packer fans (like Dean, and occasionally NP) remember making fantastic plays to get open. But the number ONE favorite Favre receiver of all time is none other than...

***DONALD DRIVER!!!***

Ok, so I now named off 11 who regularly Lambeau Leap-ed after touchdowns by Favre.

Like a big A&M boot heel on the end of a big A&M boot, there is a big Lambeau Leap at the end of a big Favre touchdown pass.

kplzthx

PS: NP is usually a Favre fan, except when he thinks I'm oogling Favre more than him, which, mind you, happens as often as NP oogles Sooner touchdowns, so it evens out. :D

TexasLidig8r
10/30/2007, 02:03 PM
Packers succ.

WisconsinSooner
10/30/2007, 02:06 PM
"Maybe I'm old-school, but I always thought you honor a contract"

Favre's response to a question regarding:

5- Javon Walker (****ing b****in' whiner, p*ssy premadonna)

C&CDean
10/30/2007, 02:09 PM
Packers succ.

Contempt! One day in the slammer for you counselor. You'd be wise to save that kind of **** for truly succy teams. Like the one that plays in your town.

handcrafted
10/30/2007, 02:12 PM
Aww, Dean, don't bane him! We like seeing his avvie show up. :D

C&CDean
10/30/2007, 02:14 PM
Too late.

Curly Bill
10/30/2007, 02:19 PM
Roger Staubach was also better

True dat!

WisconsinSooner
10/30/2007, 03:31 PM
From Peter King Sports Illustrated:

"He's [Favre's]second in the NFL -- even with a bye week -- with 2,046 passing yards, second only to Tom Brady's 2,431.

Favre has completed 66 percent of his passes, nearly a percentage point better than Peyton Manning.

His touchdown-to-interception differential is +5, the same as Carson Palmer's.

And his rating, 92.5, is in line with the best of his career."

jdsooner
10/30/2007, 03:34 PM
Favre also has a lovely wife! I love his attitude and love for the game.
He may not be the best, but he is my favorite player and I hope he continues for several more years.

The Pack is Back!

C&CDean
10/30/2007, 04:08 PM
Favre takes better ****s than Staubach.

Collier11
10/30/2007, 04:21 PM
No he's Not! That is all!

Ash
10/30/2007, 04:43 PM
Favre takes better ****s than Staubach.

If only that made him a better QB.

Jello Biafra
10/30/2007, 05:15 PM
all this said........farve bean sucks donkey schlong and is a pill head....

but i guess he's a decent qb.....

limey_sooner
10/30/2007, 06:16 PM
Never been a packers fan but beyond his football talent Favre is a tough SOB.

"After a near fatal car accident, doctors removed 30 inches of Favre's small intestine. Six weeks after this incident, on September 8, Favre led Southern Miss to a comeback victory over Alabama."

badger
10/30/2007, 06:20 PM
Packers succ.
I know you are, but what am I?

bluedogok
10/30/2007, 09:02 PM

That made up about 95% of Montana and Young's stats. A 10 yard dump off to Rice or Taylor and let them run the rest of the way. Favre has not had the top level supporting cast that the Niners or Cowboys in their prime had, he has had some good receivers but not great receivers. Marino had a great line and receivers but never had a running game. I quit being a lifelong Dolphins fan after Huizinga bought the team, fired Shula and sent Marino packing, now he has become the equivalent of Bill Bidwell.

Ash
10/30/2007, 09:09 PM
That made up about 95% of Montana and Young's stats. A 10 yard dump off to Rice or Taylor and let them run the rest of the way. Favre has not had the top level supporting cast that the Niners or Cowboys in their prime had, he has had some good receivers but not great receivers. Marino had a great line and receivers but never had a running game. I quit being a lifelong Dolphins fan after Huizinga bought the team, fired Shula and sent Marino packing, now he has become the equivalent of Bill Bidwell.

As I said in an earlier post: No kidding.

But, when people talk about those guys they give at least a little love to the other players.

When you talk to Favre honks -- it's only Favre. And as you point out, and as has been the case with all good QBs, that's simply not the case.

sanantoniosooner
10/30/2007, 09:24 PM
Watching Brady produce this year shows the difference when a really good QB gets some talent to work with.

Leroy Lizard
10/31/2007, 02:48 AM
I found this out about Bart Starr from Wikipedia:

In 1965, he and Cherry helped co-found Rawhide Boys Ranch, New London, WI...

Cherry Starr? With that name, whenever she is finished whipping boys' hides raw, she can turn to another lucrative profession.

C&CDean
10/31/2007, 09:35 AM
Hey Leroy Zeppelin, do you really want this latest incarnation banned too?

C&CDean
10/31/2007, 09:36 AM
all this said........farve bean sucks donkey schlong and is a pill head....

but i guess he's a decent qb.....

Yeah, whatever Yeti.

badger
10/31/2007, 10:49 AM
Hey Leroy Zeppelin, do you really want this latest incarnation banned too?
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8789/sceo7.jpg
:D Finally, his lizard @$$ (tail?) is gone.

Collier11
10/31/2007, 10:53 AM
Watching Brady produce this year shows the difference when a really good QB gets some talent to work with.

Brady put up amazing stats two years ago with sub-par receivers

sanantoniosooner
10/31/2007, 03:39 PM
Brady put up amazing stats two years ago with sub-par receivers
exactly.

He's a great QB, but his stats are on pace to be record breaking with more talent to work with. Thanks for assisting.

Scott D
10/31/2007, 03:42 PM
I'll admit it for lil badger.

Favre is the top oxycotin addict in the country. Rush Limbaugh's accomplishments pale so much in comparison he's the Gino Toretta of oxycotin addicts. :)

badger
10/31/2007, 10:55 PM
I'll admit it for lil badger.

Favre is the top oxycotin addict in the country. Rush Limbaugh's accomplishments pale so much in comparison he's the Gino Toretta of oxycotin addicts. :)
FOOTBALL BLASPHEMY! BRETT FAVRE IS THE GREATEST QB EVAR AND HE ADMITTED HIS ADDICTION, MARRIED HIS WIFE THE NEXT MOMENT AND IS CLEAN! YOU HEAR ME?! C-L-E-A-N cleeeeeeeeeean. OH, AND YOU CAN STFU WHILE YOU LOL, ROFL AND OMG KCSTRD.

FAVRE 4 EVAR. GREATEST QB EVAR. YOU LEAVE FAVRE ALONE OR I'LL HAVE TO SHOW MY FANGS AGAIN.

Jello Biafra
11/2/2007, 05:51 PM
Yeah, whatever Yeti.

got me there......don't think ive ever been called a yeti.

i think this is where i would say something cute like suck a muffstache off a fat dyke or something........

if i were so inclined :P

jdsooner
1/14/2008, 02:55 PM
Yes he is and he proved it last Saturday. Too bad, Tony Romo.

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2008, 03:01 PM
Yes he is and he proved it last Saturday. Too bad, Tony Romo.
He won a game so he proved it?

I don't think he's the best ever. He may be the most fun to watch ever though.

I still lean toward Unitas.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2008, 03:04 PM
Tom Brady

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2008, 03:05 PM
Tom Brady
I'm inclined to wait a little longer, but it's certainly a strong possibility.

jdsooner
1/14/2008, 03:08 PM
My hope is that the Packers end the Patriots win streak in the Super Bowl.

JohnnyMack
1/14/2008, 03:13 PM
I wanted the Patriots to go all the way, just to see it done. Now I'm starting to think it would be terrific to see Favre knock them off, win another title and go off into the sunset.

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2008, 03:16 PM
I want to see history made.

The worst possible situation would be a San Diego victory.

Otherwise, it will be a great historical thing to witness whether NE loses or wins in the SB.

JohnnyMack
1/14/2008, 03:21 PM
Yeah, seeing the dumb Manning brother play Billy Volek in the SB wouldn't exactly be a ratings juggernaut.

Collier11
1/14/2008, 03:25 PM
Said it before and Ill say it again, Brady! Stats and Winning! Even like him more than Montana as far as GOAT!

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2008, 03:28 PM
Said it before and Ill say it again, Brady! Stats and Winning! Even like him more than Montana as far as GOAT!
I agree on this basis.

If you take into account the impact on the game, Unitas revolutionized the position and played it a way that very few others have even been able to approach.

For me to consider a QB the best ever, I want him to call his own plays. Just my feelings on the topic.

Collier11
1/14/2008, 03:35 PM
what I want to know is why does Namath get slobbed on so much, Career Qb rating of 65.5, TD/Into Ratio of 173-220. Is it just cus of the Gaurantee and win in the SB?

Collier11
1/14/2008, 03:36 PM
I agree on this basis.

If you take into account the impact on the game, Unitas revolutionized the position and played it a way that very few others have even been able to approach.

For me to consider a QB the best ever, I want him to call his own plays. Just my feelings on the topic.

Also, Brady has never had a team full of Superstars like some of the qbs.

Collier11
1/14/2008, 03:50 PM
Tom Brady:
86-24 as a starter
13-2 in the Playoffs
3-0 in the SB

Interesting Stats and Accomplishments:
Personal records

* Highest single-game quarterback rating: 158.3 (at Miami, October 21, 2007)
* Highest single-season quarterback rating: 117.2 (2007)
* Highest total passing touchdowns in a regular season: 50 (2007), (NFL record)
* Lowest passing touchdown total, season (minimum 2 starts): 18 (2001)
* Lowest interception total, season (minimum 2 starts): 8 (2007)
* Highest interception total: 14 (2002, 2004, 2005)
* NFL record for highest touchdown to interception difference: +42 (2007), (NFL record)

21-game win streak statistics (including post-season)

* 690 passes attempted
* 412 passes completed
* 4,953 passing yards
* 34 passing touchdowns
* 13 passes intercepted
* 20.29 passing attempts per touchdown
* 53.07 passing attempts per interception
* 59.71 completion rate
* 90.3 passer rating

Career (as of January 12, 2008)

* 86-24 (regular season), 99-26 (career) as a starter
* 18.89 passing attempts per touchdown (career)
* 43.75 passing attempts per interception (career)
* 7-0 (career) in overtime games
* 30-5 (career) in games decided by 3 points or fewer
* 11-1 (career) in dome stadiums
* 38-2 (career) on artificial surfaces
* 27-4 (career) vs NFC teams
* 84-1 (regular season) when the Patriots have a lead at any time in the fourth quarter[31]
* 28 game-winning drives after a Patriots' fourth-quarter tie or deficit

Post-season records and statistics

* NFL record for most consecutive wins in post season: 10 (broke record of Green Bay's Bart Starr).
* Most consecutive post season wins (college and professional combined): 12
* 3 Super Bowl victories
* 2 Super Bowl MVP awards
* Most completions in a Super Bowl (32 in Super Bowl XXXVIII)
* Highest completion percentage in a single game, minimum 20 attempts (26 of 28, 92.9%, against Jacksonville in 2007 AFC Divisional round)[32]

freshchris05
1/14/2008, 03:58 PM
Warren Moon

70,553 yards and 435 touchdowns

touch that faver...

Watchin old films of unitas gives me goosebumps... damn namath...

Breadburner
1/14/2008, 03:59 PM
If Ryan Leaf would have been given a fair chance........

NormanPride
1/14/2008, 04:17 PM
I think Brady is probably the antithesis to Favre. He doesn't screw up ever, he rarely makes a play that makes you go "WOW!" and he whines all the time. He's also possibly the least-fun quarterback I've ever watched. I used to like the Patriots a lot, but then Brady started playing, and now I just can't stand to watch them anymore.

Can you imagine Brady's weird fish lips twisting into anything remotely resembling one of Favre's trademark touchdown smiles? Can you imagine him slapping hands with a ref in excitement after watching a receiver weave his way into the endzone? I know I can't.

And for those who think Favre doesn't call plays or audible, I don't know what to say. I should expect it from some, but I think some are blinded by blue stars.

Collier11
1/14/2008, 04:23 PM
not sure where you get that Brady doesnt have fun playing or that he doesnt make plays that make you go wow! You are watching a different guy than myself!

Scott D
1/14/2008, 04:24 PM
madden slobbers over them equally, therefore it's a moot argument.

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2008, 04:25 PM
The only QB that I know for sure that currently calls ALL his plays is Peyton.

But then I'm not following it real close these days.

NormanPride
1/14/2008, 04:37 PM
not sure where you get that Brady doesnt have fun playing or that he doesnt make plays that make you go wow! You are watching a different guy than myself!

What play have you seen him make that makes you go "WOW!"? He's a statue in the pocket, and nobody can get pressure on him. He's a very accurate passer, but rarely makes that amazing throw on the run or falling down that wows you. I've seen him make a lot of great plays, but nothing like Favre or Manning.

Collier11
1/14/2008, 04:44 PM
What play have you seen him make that makes you go "WOW!"? He's a statue in the pocket, and nobody can get pressure on him. He's a very accurate passer, but rarely makes that amazing throw on the run or falling down that wows you. I've seen him make a lot of great plays, but nothing like Favre or Manning.

How about the throw to Randy moss for the record, that was spot on beautiful throw! How about two games ago when the backside pressure(that he never saw) was about to swat the ball away and he just calmly moved out of the way just by the feel of the game. Sure, he doesnt underhand toss the ball or throw off his back foot much, but that doesnt mean he doesnt make some amazing plays. There is a reason his TD/INT ratio was 50/8 and the most INT's he has ever thrown is 14.

Also, there is a reason that Mannings career playoff stats arent very good you know. Because the guy is majorly overrated(still really good but not All-time great like some say IMHO), I would take Favre or Brady over Manning anyday

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2008, 05:06 PM

Well he doesn't throw the costly INTs in the redzone like Manning..His throw to Stallworth Saturday night was very impressive..

Not gonna say anything about Favre because I don't want Badger to throw a shoe or something worse at me

C&CDean
1/14/2008, 05:25 PM
Uh, hello? Why in the hell are we talking about pretty boy Brady and Eli's brother in a Bret Favre thread? They are both very fine QBs, and maybe, someday, good Lord willing, they can be mentioned in the same thread, but right now they're not worthy.

Don't make me get out the stick.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2008, 05:36 PM
Uh, hello? Why in the hell are we talking about pretty boy Brady and Eli's brother in a Bret Favre thread? They are both very fine QBs, and maybe, someday, good Lord willing, they can be mentioned in the same thread, but right now they're not worthy.

Don't make me get out the stick.

Im walking away as if I was never here

Collier11
1/14/2008, 05:44 PM
Im walking away as if I was never here

I almost replied but then I decided to just do what you are doing ;)

JohnnyMack
1/14/2008, 05:47 PM

He's like the Jason Bourne of NFL QB's.

I enjoy watching him play.

I have some Stone 06.06.06 I just scored. I'd share, but you seem to be all filled up on Hater-ade.

soonerfaninfla
1/14/2008, 05:56 PM
*cough* Joe Montana , Terry Bradshaw *cough*
a roger staubach has to be in there

NormanPride
1/14/2008, 06:01 PM
He's like the Jason Bourne of NFL QB's.

I enjoy watching him play.

I have some Stone 06.06.06 I just scored. I'd share, but you seem to be all filled up on Hater-ade.

I could never share brew with a Brady-lover. ;)

freshchris05
1/14/2008, 07:58 PM
no one else givin a nod to moon?

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2008, 08:10 PM
no one else givin a nod to moon?
Did Moon or Kreig end up with the most fumbles in NFL history? I forget which won out.

edit

I looked it up Moon did 161-153

of course, I had no idea Favre was #3 at 138

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2008, 08:15 PM
hilarious........they are #1 and #2 in recovered fumbles also:D

GrapevineSooner
1/14/2008, 08:38 PM
So have Packer fans officially surpassed all other team's fans for title of Most Annoying Fans in the NFL yet?

Or at least in this thread? ;)

KC//CRIMSON
1/14/2008, 08:41 PM
FOOTBALL BLASPHEMY! BRETT FAVRE IS THE GREATEST QB EVAR AND HE ADMITTED HIS ADDICTION, MARRIED HIS WIFE THE NEXT MOMENT AND IS CLEAN! YOU HEAR ME?! C-L-E-A-N cleeeeeeeeeean. OH, AND YOU CAN STFU WHILE YOU LOL, ROFL AND OMG KCSTRD.

FAVRE 4 EVAR. GREATEST QB EVAR. YOU LEAVE FAVRE ALONE OR I'LL HAVE TO SHOW MY FANGS AGAIN.

BFD.

Steve Young owns Brett Favre.

http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/indiv/passing

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2008, 08:58 PM
So have Packer fans officially surpassed all other team's fans for title of Most Annoying Fans in the NFL yet?

only in this thread maybe.

Raiders, Eagles, and Dallas are all worse in real life.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2008, 09:14 PM

The Packer fans have nothing on the local Spurs following:D

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2008, 09:21 PM
yeah, those spurs fans are bullies.

They'll take your milk money if you let them.

badger
1/15/2008, 09:18 AM
SO glad somebody bumped this thread. I don't remember when I started it... it could have been anytime during the past 12 years... in any event, the fact is still true: Brett Favre IS the greatest quarterback ever!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/15/2008, 09:53 AM
yes maam

freshchris05
1/15/2008, 09:57 AM
Brett Favre IS the greatest quarterback ever!
...to be in a jeans commercial...

heh...

i don't hate brett but i'm surrounded by cheese heads and i have to give you a hard time... partly cuz my team is at home watching the games... :(

JohnnyMack
1/15/2008, 10:02 AM
If Favre wins one more title, I would say he's the best since Montana. How's that?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/15/2008, 10:09 AM
Here is the greatest QB in Packer History

http://www.forkunion.com/graphics/nfl_donmajkowski.jpg

C&CDean
1/15/2008, 10:25 AM
Quarterbacks you can mention in the same thread as Favre:

Sammy Baugh
Johnny Unitas
Bart Starr
Daryl Lamonica
Len Dawson
Kenny Stabler
Terry Bradshaw
Roger Staubach
Roman Gabriel
George Blanda
Joe Namath
Doug Williams
Joe Kapp
Fran Tarkington
Bob Griese
Errol Morral (sic?)
Joe Montana
Warren Moon

While not all these guys had stats, they all brought something very special to the field. Things like guts, heart, a will to win, things intangible. Peyton Manning is getting there, but Brady is just RoboQB. It wouldn't surprise me if they ripped off his skin and he was a terminator underneath. A whole big steaming pile of "meh."

So, if you wanna talk about Manning and Brady then start your own galdamned thread. This thread is about the GREATEST QB to ever put on a uniform, and by the grace of God, it's a green and gold one.

JohnnyMack
1/15/2008, 10:30 AM
It's Errol Flynn you moron.

C&CDean
1/15/2008, 10:36 AM
Errol Flynn was a tailback. Everybody knows that.

WisconsinSooner
1/15/2008, 12:58 PM
I think you can add Sonny Jurgensen & Otto Graham to your list Dean.

Collier11
1/15/2008, 01:03 PM
This thread is about the GREATEST QB to ever put on a uniform, and by the grace of God, it's Tom Brady!

FIXED :D

Jello Biafra
1/15/2008, 01:32 PM
I think you can add Sonny Jurgensen & Otto Graham to your list Dean.

I'll see your two and raise one Sid Luckman.......i know. shutting up now.

WisconsinSooner
1/15/2008, 01:56 PM
I'll see your two and raise one Sid Luckman.......i know. shutting up now.

I thought about Sid but as a self respecting Packer fan I refuse to add anyone that played for the Bears. ;)

I only put Jurgensen on there because he played with a beer gut and could throw a football 40 yards downfield behind his back.

But you can't have a list of the greatest quarterbacks ever without Otto Graham.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2008, 01:25 PM
yay Brett!

Collier11
1/21/2008, 01:29 PM
he showed his colors lastnight :)

Scott D
1/21/2008, 01:46 PM
I've changed my mind, that was the greatest interception ever thrown in overtime last night ;)

cvsooner
1/21/2008, 02:32 PM
It's Earl Morrall, and it's Fran Tarkenton.

bluedogok
1/21/2008, 09:25 PM
Errol Flynn was a tailback. Everybody knows that.
Wasn't he a wide receiver?

goingoneight
1/21/2008, 10:24 PM
Where's Vince Young? I mean, whornfans says he's like Black Jesus and all... :D

sooner2b09
1/21/2008, 10:48 PM
I want to see Tom Brady be a great qb without an O line, he just stands there and throws and even if someone so much as touches him he falls to the ground. A great qb is measured by what he can do when the play breaks down and IMHO that has to be Favre.

bluedogok
1/21/2008, 11:06 PM
There aren't any "great quarterbacks" that haven't had a good to great offensive line. Favre has pretty much always had a good to great O-Line, just like all the rest of them. Joe Montana would have been Archie Manning if he would have been on those bad Saints teams or if the Niners had been as bad as they have been recently. Football is a team game, it takes an entire team to make players great. If Favre would have stayed at Atlanta and got the stating job he would probably be just another Archie, someone with a bunch of talent wasted on a poor team.

wishbonesooner
1/22/2008, 05:30 PM
Brady is a primadonna. If any defensive player lays a hand on him, he screams at his O-line like a girl.

TopDawg
1/22/2008, 05:33 PM
That is all.

Boomer Sooner.

Carry on, my wayward Vikings and Bears fans...:rolleyes:

Someone didn't

RESPECT THE JINX!!!

Choctaw
1/22/2008, 05:36 PM
Sonny Jurgensen

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

How's that for a hot sports opinion? :D

BigRedJed
1/22/2008, 05:49 PM
Brady is a primadonna. If any defensive player lays a hand on him, he screams at his O-line like a girl.
Apparently his strategy is working.