PDA

View Full Version : Random Act of Kindness Story

SoonerGirl06
10/29/2007, 09:44 PM
My Monday started off completely terrible. I overslept and was late to work. Today was not a good day to be late to work. Got into my car and realized I didn't have enough gasoline to get to work, so I sped to the 7-11 by my house and put some gas into my tank. In my haste to get the gas, pay for it and grab some coffee, I locked my keys in my car.

The manager was making phone calls to locksmiths in the area (I can't tell you how many times we were told they accept "Appointments Only". WTF is up with that?) while I was trying to explain to my director that not only did I get up late, but I've locked my keys in the car. When my phone call ended, a woman approached me and offered to take me home to get my spare key. I explained to her that my house key was locked in the car, but thanked her for her offer.

A few minutes passed and I was still trying to find a locksmith. The woman from before approached me again and said "I want to give this to you. I know what it's like to be in this situation and locksmiths can be expensive." I looked down and saw that she was holding some money in her hand. I politely declined and told her that it wasn't necessary, that I would be okay. She insisted and told me that it was "in her heart to do this", placed the money in my pocket and left.

Later on while I was waiting for the locksmith to arrive, I pulled the money out of my pocket and counted it. She had given me $75.00. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I've never had a complete stranger give me $75.00 out of the goodness of their heart. Her kindness and concern changed my perspective of how the day was going to be. It lifted my spirits and brought a smile to my heart. I cannot thank her enough, nor will she ever know what a difference she made in my life.

I didn't spend the money. I still have it folded the way that she gave me and it's tucked away in a pocket in my purse. Instead of spending the money on myself, I am going to pass the generosity onto to someone else. A complete stranger who is in need and could use a random act of kindness... much like I needed today.

KABOOKIE
10/29/2007, 09:48 PM
I swerved and ran over a cat today. I feel reaaaally bad about it. I'll PM my address so you can send the $75.

Widescreen
10/29/2007, 09:51 PM
You're welcome. I was dressed as a woman for halloween.

That's a cool story. My sister who still lives in Tulsa told me the other day that the city came and removed a huge tree that had gotten knocked over in the big storm the previous week and didn't charge anything. She had been having a terrible day and turned it around for her.

boomersooner28
10/30/2007, 03:27 AM
Awesome story soonergirl, wish there were more like it.

soonerboomer93
10/30/2007, 05:48 AM
was she'd hot

'cause i'd spek her in an act of "kindness" if she was

Hot Rod
10/30/2007, 08:39 AM
It kind of sounds like that commercial where everyone helps out in random acts. Hope today is a better day for you.

OUDoc
10/30/2007, 08:54 AM
You weren't dressed like a hooker at the time, were you?:D

C&CDean
10/30/2007, 08:54 AM
This is why I don't lock my truck and always leave the keys in the ignition.

JohnnyMack
10/30/2007, 09:08 AM
That broad had prolly just knocked off the 7-11.

You should probably find a safehouse and lay low for a while because you're probably wanted for armed robbery.

usmc-sooner
10/30/2007, 09:23 AM
This is why I don't lock my truck and always leave the keys in the ignition.

yeah well that my fly over in Washington and Lexington but not in the big city.

Howzit
10/30/2007, 10:40 AM
I give women who are complete strangers $75, like, all the time.

IB4OU2
10/30/2007, 10:57 AM

You have a kind heart.

Howzit
10/30/2007, 10:59 AM
And vasodilators.

JohnnyMack
10/30/2007, 11:02 AM

Housekeeping! You want me fluff pillow?

Howzit
10/30/2007, 11:05 AM
You fruff pirrow rong rong time?

SoonerGirl06
10/30/2007, 08:11 PM
And vasodilators.

How YOU doin'?

Oh wait... I thought you said vibrator. My bad.

OUDoc
10/31/2007, 07:51 AM
Oh wait... I thought you said vibrator. My bad.
He did.

But he won't share it.

phead903
10/31/2007, 07:21 PM
He did.

But he won't share it.

I don't think I want to know how you know that, Doc...:eek: