PDA

View Full Version : My First Conference Call

SicEmBaylor
10/29/2007, 07:54 PM
So, I've got the first conference call that I've ever participated in coming up at 8:30. I'm on the Central Texas Planning Committee with Texans for Thompson and the members of each regional committee are having a strategery session tonight.

Any tips on what to do during a conference call? I'm not sure what to say when the phone answers, "hello" doesn't seem right. I'm thinking I'll say my name and which region I'm with.

I'm nervous! I hate phones!

OCUDad
10/29/2007, 07:55 PM
Announce yourself as "Hillary Clinton." Hilarity will ensue.

Sooner_Havok
10/29/2007, 07:55 PM
Gentleman, Behold...A CONFERENCE CALL!

OUHOMER
10/29/2007, 07:57 PM
when i get on a call, I let them know i am there, than i punch the mute button and take a nap. Than i send an email to some one else that was on the call, tell them i got disconnected and to fill me in on a short version.

SicEmBaylor
10/29/2007, 08:11 PM
when i get on a call, I let them know i am there, than i punch the mute button and take a nap. Than i send an email to some one else that was on the call, tell them i got disconnected and to fill me in on a short version.

I want to be impressive!

mdklatt
10/29/2007, 08:13 PM
I want to be impressive!

So I'm about to read this thread, and I'm thinking to myself, "Not even SicEm can gay up a conference call." I was wrong.

SicEmBaylor
10/29/2007, 08:15 PM
Well, I'm going to be kind of on the spot anyway. Everyone wants to have a big event in central Texas and Waco is the favored location which makes me the guy who would have to start organizing something.

SicEmBaylor
10/29/2007, 08:25 PM
5 Minutes, I'm practicing my introduction.

"Hello, this is SicEm with the Central Texas committee."

OUHOMER
10/29/2007, 08:28 PM
Well, I'm going to be kind of on the spot anyway. Everyone wants to have a big event in central Texas and Waco is the favored location which makes me the guy who would have to start organizing something.

man, how are you going to be impressive if they are going to meet ya? hide the zima and the car;)

mdklatt
10/29/2007, 08:28 PM
5 Minutes, I'm practicing my introduction.

"Hello, this is SicEm with the Central Texas committee."

Make sure your voice doesn't crack.

SicEmBaylor
10/29/2007, 08:30 PM
Make sure your voice doesn't crack.

That's actually a major concern.

Okay here it goes....

Mjcpr
10/29/2007, 08:31 PM
http://images.wikia.com/simpsons/images/7/77/222px-Squeaky_Voiced_Teen.png

OUHOMER
10/29/2007, 08:31 PM
Just follow one of the guys lead, shouldnt be to hard for you.

Widescreen
10/29/2007, 08:32 PM
"Hi, I'm SicEm, and I'm gay!"

HI SIC'EM!

soonerboomer93
10/29/2007, 08:33 PM
I want to be impressive!

Then don't speak

Veritas
10/29/2007, 08:41 PM
Conference calls are the succ. Play ya some buzzword bingo.
http://tinyurl.com/8hd38

Norman Sooner
10/29/2007, 08:47 PM
I have conference call every tuesday..I'd say to let them know that you are there and then email other people that are on the same conference call...I try to send the other poeple jokes while they are talking to see if i can get them sidetracked..I know, its stupid but so are conference calls..

Veritas
10/29/2007, 08:49 PM
I have conference call every tuesday..I'd say to let them know that you are there and then email other people that are on the same conference call...I try to send the other poeple jokes while they are talking to see if i can get them sidetracked..I know, its stupid but so are conference calls..
Video conferences suck even worse cuz you can't just go do something else.

Whet
10/29/2007, 08:57 PM
If you MUST pass gas, be sure the mute is on.

M
10/29/2007, 09:17 PM
Dang...and all these years I thought all teenage girls used three-way calling - a baby step in the world of conference calling. I guess SicEm is the lone exception...

mdklatt
10/29/2007, 09:18 PM
Dang...and all these years I thought all teenage girls used three-way calling - a baby step in the world of conference calling. I guess SicEm is the lone exception...

SicEm blew his chance to three-way awhile ago.

SicEmBaylor
10/29/2007, 09:40 PM
That was kind of fun. It started to drag out a little toward the end, but I'd give my first conference call experience an A-.

critical_phil
10/29/2007, 09:42 PM
SicEm blew his chance to three-way awhile ago.

ahhh, the two sluts selling magazines - a SicEmWill classic.

OKLA21FAN
10/29/2007, 09:49 PM
That was kind of fun. It started to drag out a little toward the end, but I'd give my first conference call experience an A-.
two chicks at the same time huh?

i didn't know you had a million dollars Sicem. i might need a loan :pop:

mdklatt
10/29/2007, 09:54 PM

The truly ironic thing about SicEm is that exaggerating how pathetic he is makes him as pathetic as he's pretending to be. So even when I know he's completely full of ****, I still feel better about myself. :D

SicEmBaylor
10/29/2007, 10:22 PM

That was one of the most bizarre experiences of my life.
You all gave me a hard time, but if I'd tried to go along with that the result would have been an STD or I'd have been robbed.

critical_phil
10/29/2007, 10:43 PM
That was one of the most bizarre experiences of my life.
You all gave me a hard time, but if I'd tried to go along with that the result would have been an STD or I'd have been robbed.

your problem is that you think with your pea-sized brain and not your peter.

......but have fun drinking with your buddies and telling them about that wild night you spent on a conference call.

KRYPTON
10/30/2007, 09:33 AM
That was kind of fun. It started to drag out a little toward the end...

Wow! Just like Fred Thompson's political existence! :texan:

Cam
11/1/2007, 08:14 PM
The fun will wear off after you hit 5 or 6 digits worth of conference calls.

VeeJay
11/1/2007, 08:48 PM
The good thing about conference calls is you don't have to participate unless you hear your name called.

When I hear my name, I'm usually in a light slumber and I snap out of it to throw around a buzzword or two.

Seriously, they are teh succage.

I have one at 9 AM tomorrow.