PDA

View Full Version : Putting OUr Paas D Numbers in Perspective

stoopified
10/29/2007, 05:24 PM
We have played FOUR of the TOP 26 QBs in the country whether we are talking passing yards or efficency.That is 26 of 119 teams/starting QBs in D-1 or top 20% for the math impaired.They are:

Efficency ranking/yards ranking

Paul Smith Tulsa #11/#3

Chase Daniel Missouri #16/#7

Kyle Wright Miami (Fl) #22/NR

Colt McCoy Texas #26/#14(T)

When you consider teams can't run against us and are forced to pass and then look at the NATIONAL RANKINGS of opposing QBs,I think it is obvious OUr pass D is better than indicated just by numbers..We still have 2 more top QBs left to face:

Zac Robinson oSu #22/NR

GrahmHarrell TT #4/#1

We survive the passing assault that we have witnessed this season,we will have accomplished a lot IMHO.

SoonerBBall
10/29/2007, 05:28 PM
Don't bring your biased "perspective" in here. This is a message board, dammit.

NormanPride
10/29/2007, 05:54 PM
Throw some "Chuck Longs" and "Brent Venerableses" in there and we'll call it a solid post.

rainiersooner
10/29/2007, 06:05 PM
Good analysis...heck, I think we've played well this year except for one quarter of one game in Boulder where we killed our MNC hopes.

Zing
10/29/2007, 06:07 PM
Good analysis...heck, I think we've played well this year except for one quarter of one game in Boulder where we killed our MNC hopes.

And then another quarter, and then another quarter, and then another quarter.

INGRAM1
10/29/2007, 06:35 PM
We killed them? Can you see the future? There is at least 6 weeks left of the season. I bet that you are rich with knowing the future and all.

[QUOTE=rainiersooner]Good analysis...heck, I think we've played well this year except for one quarter of one game in Boulder where we killed our MNC hopes.[/QU

OU Adonis
10/29/2007, 07:04 PM
How about these numbers

Average completion percentage vs the OU Defense (Starting QB's)

64.31%

Average completion percentage for those same QBs for the year.

63.0875%

The number of times we have held a QB below his completion percentage (8 possible)

3 Times (North Tulsa, Miami, and Utah State)

The number of times we have had a QB complete more passes against us vs his normal average

5 times (All other games)

A breakdown (game by game)

First column is their pass attempts (vs OU) and completions, 2nd column is percentage vs our D, 3rd column is their percentage vs all D's.

19-38 (50/63.3)
7-14 (50/62)
9-14 (64/65)
22/32 (69/61)
22/36 (61/56.7)
19/26 (73/65)
38-49 (77.5/69.9)
19-32 (59/61.8)

Our pass D isn't "very good". At best its above average.

douxpaysan
10/29/2007, 07:04 PM
Post of the day. Couldn't have put it much better. The big 12 has become pass and spread happy. Perhaps that is why many of the defenses in our conference have evolved into more than competent pass defenses. You put your finger on the reason...good run defense. Now back to our regular programming....Chuck Chuck...Venables is the suck...what's wrong with our secondary????:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

handcrafted
10/29/2007, 07:19 PM
http://images.hanfordlemoore.com/paas-easter-egg-coloring-kit.jpg

What do easter egg coloring kits have to do with football????

enh, I got nutton'

AlbqSooner
10/29/2007, 07:26 PM
OUr pass D is better than indicated just by numbers..We still have 2 more top QBs left to face:

Zac Robinson oSu #22/NR

GrahmHarrell TT #4/#1

We won't face Zac Robinson - Bobby Reid's mom said he will start against us.:D

medstudent24
10/30/2007, 06:12 AM
Sorry I still dont buy it.

Its not just the stats, its the way they look on the field.

I constantly see guys running free in our secondary. Other top teams that I've seen play dont let that happen nearly as much.

I think that we are definitely a very mediocre passing defense backed up by both stats and the replays on the field.

On the other hand, I think our rush D is better than most of the other top teams. I attribute that to our defensive philsophy that all 11 men on defense play the run first and the pass second, whereas other teams dont quite sell out against the run as much as we do.

Here's a factoid for you. Our 2000 championship defense was actually much more mediocre against the run than our 2001-2007 defenses. They were ranked in the 30s in run D. However, their pass D was absolutely top 5 in every single ****in category. I sense a change in our D philosophy since 2000, because I know its got nothing to do with our talent level.

SoonerWally
10/30/2007, 07:49 AM
Reminds me of the old saying, "figures don't lie, but liars sure can figure." I mean, didn't Kyle Wright play only half the game?

usmc-sooner
10/30/2007, 07:53 AM
Reminds me of the old saying, "figures don't lie, but liars sure can figure." I mean, didn't Kyle Wright play only half the game?

I think he only played 2 possessions. If our pass defense was really really good. Their wouldn't be thread after thread of people trying to put it into perspective or justify why it is good.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/30/2007, 12:28 PM
http://images.hanfordlemoore.com/paas-easter-egg-coloring-kit.jpg

What do easter egg coloring kits have to do with football????

Gay calico transfers?

snp
10/30/2007, 12:52 PM
They're also tied for 9th in passes intercepted at 14 and only 4 back from the #1 teams.

I still don't blame the coaching staff, Reggie and Marcus haven't done as well as we all thought they would.

Desert Sapper
10/30/2007, 01:09 PM
Here's a factoid for you. Our 2000 championship defense was actually much more mediocre against the run than our 2001-2007 defenses. They were ranked in the 30s in run D. However, their pass D was absolutely top 5 in every single ****in category. I sense a change in our D philosophy since 2000, because I know its got nothing to do with our talent level.

Could it be that the Big XII has pass-happy coordinators across the board now, and didn't in 2000 (when Nebbish was still Nebraska and had the #1 Rushing O in the country)? Nah, nevermind. That would make wayyy too much sense. Down with Venables! Down with Bobby Jack Wright! We suck! :rolleyes:

KRYPTON
10/30/2007, 04:12 PM
Our special teams and turnovers are hurting our defense. They get to face the opponent starting inside the opponent's 30, they're great. They get to face the opponent starting inside OUR 30, uh, notsogud.

That said our pass defense is not what it could be with the players we have. Our defensive backfield is not very good against the pass. BURN BJW! BURN HIM WITH *FIRE!* wait.. uh...

goingoneight
10/30/2007, 07:27 PM
I think this defense is playing much better pursuit than we have seen since Mike Stoops left (the Venables era). I am actually happy that this year's defense isn't letting screen passes go for 80 yards. OUr tackling the last three years was horrid. A prime example was Jamaal Charles' 80-yarder in the RRS a few years back and the no-name Washington running back who pwn3d us on the first play.

I honestly think OUr D would benefit from a better pass RUSH. Many times these opposing QBs have faced us and succeeded was because we made their pass-protection look All-World. See: how much time did Chase Daniel have to throw when he was succeeding, how much time did he have to throw when we were blitzing and getting in his face.

OUr 2007 defense has a Jekyll and Hyde persona on the DL. Sometimes we fall on OUrselves and let a play last a helluva lot longer than it should, sometimes we bring the heat within two seconds and the play is over.

We have had much better pursuit and tackling this year than we've had in a long time to be honest with you... and the defense was NOT... I repeat... NOT the reason we lost at Boulder. See: turnovers in the wrong place at the wrong time. Reggie Smith lets that punt go or fields it, we are more than potentially 8-0 and ranked #1.

usmc-sooner
10/30/2007, 07:35 PM
you guys do realize that if our pass D was really that good, we wouldn't have any threads trying to rationalize or blame the offense, the D-line, the playcalling, the special teams, poor field position, bad pass rush etc. etc. etc....

look at our 2001 Defense. The best we've had since the mid to late 80's. I don't personally remember the Selmon brothers era as I was about 4 or so.
Talk about a bad offense, at the end of the year if we scored it was a miracle.
Anyone that thinks that the any BV defense is better than 00,01,or 02 is looking at it through Crimson colored glasses.

SoonerBBall
10/30/2007, 09:01 PM
you guys do realize that if our pass D was really that good, we wouldn't have any threads trying to rationalize or blame the offense, the D-line, the playcalling, the special teams, poor field position, bad pass rush etc. etc. etc....

look at our 2001 Defense. The best we've had since the mid to late 80's. I don't personally remember the Selmon brothers era as I was about 4 or so.
Anyone that thinks that the any BV defense is better than 00,01,or 02 is looking at it through Crimson colored glasses.

I will say this until all of you people on Mike Stoops' jock get it into your head. Roy and Derek made Mike Stoops look like a genius. If we had a safety and corner like that on this year's squad then we would be undefeated, ranked #1, have the #1 total D in the nation, pitched probably 3 shutouts, and be the prohibitive favorites to win the MNC both in Vegas and in the polls. In fact, we won the 2001 OU/TX game because Roy specifically went against Mike Stoops' instructions.

usmc-sooner
10/30/2007, 09:06 PM
I will say this until all of you people on Mike Stoops' jock get it into your head. Roy and Derek made Mike Stoops look like a genius. If we had a safety and corner like that on this year's squad then we would be undefeated, ranked #1, have the #1 total D in the nation, pitched probably 3 shutouts, and be the prohibitive favorites to win the MNC both in Vegas and in the polls. In fact, we won the 2001 OU/TX game because Roy specifically went against Mike Stoops' instructions.

not on anyone's jock, just stating the facts good defenses don't have to have excuse after excuse made for them whether it BV, MS, or Buddy Ryan.

Some of you make so many excuses for our less than average pass defense it isn't funny.

How about we start blaming the the defense for our offense?

aurorasooner
10/30/2007, 09:25 PM
I will say this until all of you people on Mike Stoops' jock get it into your head. Roy and Derek made Mike Stoops look like a genius. If we had a safety and corner like that on this year's squad then we would be undefeated, ranked #1, I thought in preseason people were saying this could be the best defensive backfield ever under Stoops, and our defensive backfield was one of our team strengths ????

SoonerBBall
10/30/2007, 09:38 PM
I thought in preseason people were saying this could be the best defensive backfield ever under Stoops, and our defensive backfield was one of our team strengths ????

I don't know who was saying that, but they obviously have very short memories. Until I see even one player actually go out and play to the level of Roy, Derek, or Rocky, than I won't believe it. We may have lots of great talent on the D, but we don't have any single player that has played as well or as consistently as those guys did. If Austin English and Curtis Lofton keep it up then they will reach that level.

SoonerBBall
10/30/2007, 09:49 PM
not on anyone's jock, just stating the facts good defenses don't have to have excuse after excuse made for them whether it BV, MS, or Buddy Ryan.

Some of you make so many excuses for our less than average pass defense it isn't funny.

How about we start blaming the the defense for our offense?

That is the problem. You really can't point out great defenses until the year is over, especially this season. Which teams' defense has come to play every game? Hell, it was only after the 2000 season was over that we realized how crazy our D played over the final strech.

Less than average pass defense? Don't be fooled by the completion percentage stats thrown up earlier in the thread. We held Mizzou to 1 passing TD and got 2 ints, held Texas to 2 passing TDs and got 1 int, held tulsa to 2 passing TDs and got 2 ints, and didn't even let Iowa State score in the air. Hell, against CU (which everyone complains about our D for) we only allowed 2 passing TDs and still got 2 ints. Our passing D has been fine, we just have people too concerned with shutouts and not with winning games.

Trust me, if our offense ever does a good enough job to win and our defense lets us down (I wouldn't argue if you say that is what happened against Boise St.), I'll be the first to call the D out.

Redgiant2
10/31/2007, 01:12 AM
That is the problem. You really can't point out great defenses until the year is over, especially this season. Which teams' defense has come to play every game? Hell, it was only after the 2000 season was over that we realized how crazy our D played over the final strech.

Less than average pass defense? Don't be fooled by the completion percentage stats thrown up earlier in the thread. We held Mizzou to 1 passing TD and got 2 ints, held Texas to 2 passing TDs and got 1 int, held tulsa to 2 passing TDs and got 2 ints, and didn't even let Iowa State score in the air. Hell, against CU (which everyone complains about our D for) we only allowed 2 passing TDs and still got 2 ints. Our passing D has been fine, we just have people too concerned with shutouts and not with winning games.

Trust me, if our offense ever does a good enough job to win and our defense lets us down (I wouldn't argue if you say that is what happened against Boise St.), I'll be the first to call the D out.

If it took you until the end of the 2000 season to figure out how good that years D truly was you really do render the rest of your argument and anything else you have to say moot. Those guys showed up time and again. They won games that otherwise should've been lost had it not been for their will to win and to come up big when it mattered. Yeah, don't be fooled by completion percentages or the fact teams are completing passes to wide open receivers for big gains and keeping drives alive by picking up LONG third downs. Yeah don't be fooled by any of that. It's just a figment of everyones imagination until another BSU or USC or KSU or Oregon or Colorado like loss. Here's a tip, beating cupcakes and teams that can't or won't try to win, ala ISU, and then pretending everything is peachy leads to Orange Bowl type losses. This team is just waiting on someone to come along and kick their *** again like CU did.

ashley
10/31/2007, 06:58 AM
With our emphasis on stopping the run, I think we have played great in the secondary this year.

FaninAma
10/31/2007, 09:38 AM
PAAS numbers:

Pan American Silver (Symbol: PAAS)

Numbers: Current price 32.38 (up 0.30)
At a 52 week high.
Expected price target over the next 6 months: 55
Numbers look good to me.

C&CDean
10/31/2007, 09:48 AM

Puhleeze.

Our D could have shut everybody out all year and you yahoos (if you're guilty you know who you are) would still be going "****in' Venables let them get a ****ing first down!! Fire his ***!! We suck!!"

Don't deny it either. Some of our illustrious "fans" are some serious nimrods.

ruf/nekdad
10/31/2007, 10:04 AM
[start sunshine pumper] :) [/stop sunshine pumper]

usmc-sooner
10/31/2007, 01:08 PM
Puhleeze.

Our D could have shut everybody out all year and you yahoos (if you're guilty you know who you are) would still be going "****in' Venables let them get a ****ing first down!! Fire his ***!! We suck!!"

Don't deny it either. Some of our illustrious "fans" are some serious nimrods.

I didn't say fire Brent Venables. I'm able to look at the numbers and what happens on the field and see that our pass defense is average. Our run defense is fantastic. We just need to get better in coverage.

Some of this stuff is the same stuff that goes on the OSU boards. If they question how good they are, you get the obligatory well your not a true fan or a true cowboy.

Does it make you feel more like a fan, to look at what happens on the field and say now that is great defense. BTW I think pass defense in this day and age is the hardest thing to perfect.

No I don't think we suck, I think we're ranked 4. I'm not going to try to what if, put things in perspective just cause it's my team. If it looks like it needs improvement, then I'll say it needs to be better. There are a couple different types of people, you got the James Hale type, the guys who love OU and can't bring their selves to see straight, it's all peaches and cream and OU with them. I love OU, but I'm (40 I'm a man):D I watch the games and have an opinion.

OUmillenium
10/31/2007, 01:14 PM
How about these numbers

64.31%

63.0875%

The number of times we have held a QB below his completion percentage (8 possible)

The number of times we have had a QB complete more passes against us vs his normal average

First column is their pass attempts (vs OU) and completions, 2nd column is percentage vs our D, 3rd column is their percentage vs all D's.

19-38 (50/63.3)
7-14 (50/62)
9-14 (64/65)
22/32 (69/61)
22/36 (61/56.7)
19/26 (73/65)
38-49 (77.5/69.9)
19-32 (59/61.8)

This post is Koolaid free, I like the way you think

usmc-sooner
10/31/2007, 01:18 PM
BTW OU is ranked #3 in the nation vs the run, and #50 vs the pass.

Scott D
10/31/2007, 02:16 PM
BTW OU is ranked #3 in the nation vs the run, and #50 vs the pass.

What those numbers don't say is how often OU is ahead in each and every one of those games and the amount of time our opponents have held the lead in comparison to the amount of time OU has held the lead.

Or in simple english, the run defense #'s are misleading, and so are the pass defense #'s.

tommieharris91
10/31/2007, 02:22 PM
What those numbers don't say is how often OU is ahead in each and every one of those games and the amount of time our opponents have held the lead in comparison to the amount of time OU has held the lead.

Or in simple english, the run defense #'s are misleading, and so are the pass defense #'s.

Ok, then I would like to see some yards per carry avg against and some yards per pass attempt and yards per completion against if those numbers are so misleading. YPC and YPPA numbers would probably be a better measure for what you are looking for.

usmc-sooner
10/31/2007, 02:30 PM
Ok, then I would like to see some yards per carry avg against and some yards per pass attempt and yards per completion against if those numbers are so misleading. YPC and YPPA numbers would probably be a better measure for what you are looking for.

I couldn't find any of those stats.

SoonerGM
10/31/2007, 02:36 PM
maybe the reason those teams passing stats look so good is because they got to pad them when they played us?

Scott D
10/31/2007, 03:07 PM

*shrug* I'm not really looking for anything here. But if East Popcorn State completes some passes against us when we're leading 56-3 it's going to make our pass defense look worse than the overall defense looks. In that same regard our run defense is going to look a lot better if our opponent has to throw the ball virtually every down to try and mount some sort of comeback.

Does anyone here really think that Texas Tech's pass defense is 50 yards per game better than OU's, or is it because Tech's opponents run the ball in an effort to keep their offense off the field (hence Tech's run defense being 78th in the country giving up 175 ypg).

Also, sacks count against rushing offense, not passing offense like it should. So that boosts our run defense instead of our pass defense like it should. That's 194 yards that should be subtracted from passing totals and added to rushing totals. That'd drop our Rush defense to #12 (#3) in the Nation, and boost our Pass defense to #37 (#71)

For the record we're giving up 2.00 YPC on the ground, and 11.08 Per Completion/6.91 Per Attempt. 266 passing attempts compared to 275 rushing attempts on the season.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/31/2007, 03:38 PM
you know, i thought our pass defense against iowa state was really, really good. you just had to tip your hat at marquis hamilton, he plays like that every week, he's all conference or all american. you take away that performance and they are prolly in the mid 40's for 140 yards.

the major difference was that teams didn't have an automatic reception to the guy in reynolds area. couple that with wolfe's all big 12 season and reggie finally playing like an OU db, even lendy being out of position and walker falling asleep for his usual 1 to 4 plays only resulted in 1 TD for the clones.

you can not have a good pass defense when you have a plethora of guys who either can't cover or are consistently out of position.

SoonerBBall
10/31/2007, 04:19 PM
you know, i thought our pass defense against iowa state was really, really good. you just had to tip your hat at marquis hamilton, he plays like that every week, he's all conference or all american. you take away that performance and they are prolly in the mid 40's for 140 yards.

the major difference was that teams didn't have an automatic reception to the guy in reynolds area. couple that with wolfe's all big 12 season and reggie finally playing like an OU db, even lendy being out of position and walker falling asleep for his usual 1 to 4 plays only resulted in 1 TD for the clones.

you can not have a good pass defense when you have a plethora of guys who either can't cover or are consistently out of position.

So you are saying that we DON'T have Derek and Roy in our backfield?? Shocking!

mfosterftw
10/31/2007, 04:53 PM
Also, sacks count against rushing offense, not passing offense like it should. So that boosts our run defense instead of our pass defense like it should. That's 194 yards that should be subtracted from passing totals and added to rushing totals. That'd drop our Rush defense to #12 (#3) in the Nation, and boost our Pass defense to #37 (#71)

Only in a vacuum... but what would happen in the rankings if the same adjustment were made for every other school? I don't have an answer, just saying that tweaks like this really don't tell you what you think they do if applied consistently.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/31/2007, 05:06 PM
So you are saying that we DON'T have Derek and Roy in our backfield?? Shocking!

strait was the about most rock solid positional defender we've had in forever (steffen being #1 and heinecke being up there as well). nic harris is about as close to that as you could hope for...

SoonerBBall
10/31/2007, 05:10 PM
strait was the about most rock solid positional defender we've had in forever (steffen being #1 and heinecke being up there as well). nic harris is about as close to that as you could hope for...

Nic Harris is my favorite player on our D. That being said, don't you think he would be that much more dominant if we had a corner like Strait in the backfield with him? Everybody seems to forget that Roy wasn't out there alone setting the world on fire. He could roam the field and be sent blitzing all the time because we didn't have to worry about Strait messing up ever. Well, as close to ever as you can come (stupid Rashaun Woods push-off :mad: ).

SoonerBBall
10/31/2007, 05:30 PM
Actually jkm, you can shut me up on this entirely by answering this question: What is your honest opinion of our secondary? Are we bad, average, good, really good? I'm pretty sick of arguing this across multiple threads against n00bs and would much rather hear your opinion on it.

mdklatt
10/31/2007, 05:54 PM
For the record we're giving...11.08 Per Completion/6.91 Per Attempt.

:eek:

That can't be right....

tommieharris91
10/31/2007, 05:54 PM
For the record we're giving up 2.00 YPC on the ground, and 11.08 Per Completion/6.91 Per Attempt. 266 passing attempts compared to 275 rushing attempts on the season.

Something for the doubters: Sam had his per completion avg somewhere around 11 at the beginning of the season. That ypc against number looks outstanding though. Maybe we are a stop-the-run-first type defense right now.

Something for the believers: OU is top 10 in INTs forced right now. We keep that up and we'll beat everyone else we play.

cvsooner
10/31/2007, 06:59 PM
The question is, do they throw against us because they can't run? Or is it that we just haven't faced anybody with a really good ground game, yet? Or is it that our defense is just more susceptible to the passing game?

Maybe all three.

aurorasooner
10/31/2007, 08:00 PM
We'll find out Sat. Night. Obviously the way to beat aTm is stop their running game like KU did. If our secondary makes Mcgee look the second coming of Johnny U. and he's hitting that underneath stuff like the booger eater did, and scrambling away from our rush and we're letting their receivers get behind us, then we're not very good, because McGee, imo, is not that good. If we can't jump a couple of routes against aTm and make some solid solid hits about the time the ball arrives, then we can't do it against anyone, especially teams with a good running game as well as a solid QB.
I think FG Fran pulls out all the stops in this one. I wouldn't even be surprised if he tried an onside kick on a KO, a fake punt or 2, and the hook and lateral chit. If he doesn't and plays this game in Norman like Clownahan did, not to win, but not to lose by too much, then the aTm fans will scald him. IMO, there's 2 stories to this game. 1) Can we run the ball against a fresh aTm D in the 1st half or not 2) Can our D stop the aTm running game while only giving them 150 or so yards passing, with no home runs. When Mcgee runs that option keeper we need to have some guys making some T.Marshall, R. Calmus, R. Williams type hits on him for keeping the ball. If Tech can hold these guys to 7 on the road and Kansas can hold them to 11 at Kyle, we ought to be able to pitch a shut-out in Norman, or only give up 7 or 14 in garbage time. aTm hasn't beaten anybody except for Stool State and they were lucky in that one as they were against Fresno, both at Kyle. That lame Miami O put up 34 on them. I don't have a clue how they held the Corn to 14 while putting up 36 on the blackskirts except for the fact that Nebraska couldn't stop the option. aTm put up almost 400 yards on Tech, had only 1 TO and only scored 7 points. sheesh.

madillsoonerfan5353
10/31/2007, 08:13 PM
I'm glad you posted the numbers! I'm sick of hearing how bad OUr sec. is!! If you ask me Booger Boy is one of the best passer in the country! Thank you for the post!!!

stoopified
10/31/2007, 09:18 PM
How about these numbers

64.31%

63.0875%

19-38 (50/63.3)
7-14 (50/62)
9-14 (64/65)
22/32 (69/61)
22/36 (61/56.7)
19/26 (73/65)
38-49 (77.5/69.9)
19-32 (59/61.8)

We have played four QBs in the top 20% of D-1 and we are 4-0,that is the most impressive number AND the only one that counts.

snp
10/31/2007, 11:59 PM
Something for the doubters: Sam had his per completion avg somewhere around 11 at the beginning of the season. That ypc against number looks outstanding though. Maybe we are a stop-the-run-first type defense right now.

Something for the believers: OU is top 10 in INTs forced right now. We keep that up and we'll beat everyone else we play.

We've been a gap coverage team forever, which translates into stopping the run better than stopping the pass. Watch for the number of guys that are in the backfield and how many guys are in the box. Bringing more guys in to the box stops the run, but obviously makes us more susceptible to get beat through the air against spread teams.

tommieharris91
11/1/2007, 12:56 AM
Actually I thought the yds per carry number was a testament to how good our front 7 have been all season long. Granger, McCoy, Lofton, and even English can all make plays in the other team's backfield.

NYC Poke
11/1/2007, 01:26 AM
Kansas was able to stop their run. No disrespect to KU, but your D is better than theirs. Force McGee to pass.

Your O-Line is better than their D-Line. Run the ball. Don't look for a lot of points early. Be patient and wait for the inevitable to happpen.

Wear them down then open it up a little. I see OU pulling away in the 3rd quarter. My (Texas) Aggie friends see it the same way. They're torn between wanting a win and wanting to see Fran gone.

Crucifax Autumn
11/1/2007, 01:59 AM
Since we seem to be basing a lot of our defensive ability on stats, I think this game is gonna boost 'em a lot. They WILL NOT be able to pass on us and the run? LOL...we're gonna make them look like a pee wee team trying to run the ball on a titanium wall!

SoonerKnight
11/1/2007, 02:03 AM
Well even if Fran goes OU will continue to beat up on this team!!!!

Crucifax Autumn
11/1/2007, 02:06 AM
Stay or go...screw 'em! We'll take them 99% of the time for eternity.

Scott D
11/1/2007, 01:37 PM
:eek:

That can't be right....

oh it's right, if they complete the pass a good chance it's for roughly 8-12 yards. However, they're completing a bit over half their attempts, so the number per attempt drops about 5 yards.