PDA

View Full Version : A "feasible" solution to the BCS in the future...

Sooner1979
10/29/2007, 01:37 AM
I would like to see a system in which every conference that was considered a "BCS" Conference has the same number of teams where they either have to play a Conference Championship, or where no team has to play a conference championship...It seems that no matter what year it is, our Conference Championship game can screw us more times than it can help us. For instance, if Missouri wins out and does beat Kansas, then we have to play them twice to decide who is better...

I also think that each school should still be in control of their schedule, but I think that each team that finishes in the Top 10 has to schedule one team from the previous years schedule the following year. It would in essence provide a more efficient way of tracking how teams are ranked compared to others besides saying "Well since Baylor beat Oregon State, and Oregon State beat USC and OU beat Baylor, then that means we are better than USC." - That philosophy is Garbage....

I also think that it would make College football more exciting if their was a guaranteed matchup of the previous year's Top 10 teams each year. For instance, since Florida won the National Championship last year, and finished at Number 1, they should have to schedule one game next year against the Number 10 team, and Number 2 team against the Number 9 team, and so on and so forth. It would make for a surprise matchup instead of knowing who plays who for the next 5 years...

Teams can still schedule their cream puffs, but now they are incorporating one game that is a good measuring stick of where the teams stand against other conferences instead of having an EaStPN bias towards the SEC...

Remember, there is not and never will be a perfect solution to the problem that is fair to all teams, but this system would at least provide a better measuring stick of Teams and Conferences...It will obviously provide for a tougher scheduling system, but it can work....

Thoughts?

soonerboomer93
10/29/2007, 03:19 AM
dude, you posted this in the playoff thread, and then 10 minutes later you decide it's worthy of a new thread?

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/9498/noobzbq9.jpg

olevetonahill
10/29/2007, 03:23 AM
Shes Hawt !:D

soonerboomer93
10/29/2007, 03:27 AM
yes, yes she is

and the only thing worth a **** in this thread

:D

olevetonahill
10/29/2007, 03:30 AM
Oh yea shes definatly worth a **** lol
;)

olevetonahill
10/29/2007, 03:31 AM
dude, you posted this in the playoff thread, and then 10 minutes later you decide it's worthy of a new thread?

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/9498/noobzbq9.jpg
He did Dat cause he Can :(

soonerboomer93
10/29/2007, 03:37 AM
he should be happy i made his thread better and brought in Mrs. Coale

I almost used a TTech coach

olevetonahill
10/29/2007, 03:39 AM
he should be happy i made his thread better and brought in Mrs. Coale

I almost used a TTech coach
I would have been OUT !;)

sooneron
10/29/2007, 08:36 AM
IBTD

soonerboomer93
10/29/2007, 08:55 AM
it might be a IBTM though

Collier11
10/29/2007, 10:46 AM
The main problem with the BCS to me is that it rewards the teams that have the best record or who lost earlier in the year and not the best teams. ASU and BC are not Top 5 teams. We are not top 2 or 3 right now IMO but we certainly should be ranked ahead of those two teams

sooneron
10/29/2007, 11:19 AM
IBTM

IBTL

IBTT

jccouger
10/29/2007, 11:30 AM
IBTP

sooneron
10/29/2007, 11:32 AM
FPOMF

oupride
10/29/2007, 12:33 PM
This actually sounds feasible. Each team remains in control of their own schedule but must win their respective Division. But then, aren't we faced with the same prejudices that exist before i.e. this Division is stronger than that one, and that one is stronger than this one, and blah, blah, blah?