PDA

View Full Version : Will our offense come out and play like wimps

aurorasooner
10/28/2007, 11:39 PM
and wait 'till the aTm D tires out in the 2nd half to take it to them, or will they come out in the 1st quarter and run their butts off the field? aTm defense is ranked 76th in total D, 56th in rushing D, and 89th in pass D. If this game at Owen field goes in at halftime something like 10-7 or 14-10, I'm honestly going to be pizzed. I'm tired of hearing that we have to wear opponent's defenses down before our running game gets going or that "remember Sam is just a frosh and has bad games now and then", and "how great our WRs and TEs are" and everyone is running a cover 2 and shutting them down while our running game is settling for 2 yard gains. You'd think the opposition D has 14 or 15 players lined up from us across the ball from our offense. It's time for us to put another Miami like whipping on someone in the Big 12 conference as well as put the fear of TD Jesus in any puke fans that come to Norman for the regular season finale, and aTm just happens to be next in line.
Someone also needs to light a fire under our special teams this week. aTm is rated 89th in punt return yardage. They're ranked pretty good on punt and KO return D, so our guys need to hold on to the ball and block someone and be aware of Franchione's history at 'Bama with trick plays. If there's a game that Field Goal Fran needs to win, this is the one and our guys need to be prepared if the old Fran reappears and I'm guessing he's going for broke Saturday night. He's fighting for his job if his exit is not a done deal and Ws against us and Texas might save him. aTm fans are tired of hearing Fran whine "we were just a couple of plays away from winning the Big 12 apologies" and watching him kick FGs instead of scoring TDs, IMO our players need to be mentally on top of their game Saturday. I'm also wondering if our D-backs will come out and kick azz. That big 71 right next to our pass D ranking sux and we haven't even played Tech yet.
BTW, I'm guessing LOU is already working on his aTm pep talk for Thursday Night and is probably one of the reasons ABC put this game in primetime, they smell an upset. I don't give a damn if I have to listen to BBsr in the 2nd half when ABC cuts away. Sooners need to make a statement in the 1st half Saturday.

silverwheels
10/28/2007, 11:52 PM
It's at home against a coach who made a smartass comment about the Sooners before the season, so no. We're going to stomp a mudhole in those dog-worshiping, no female cheerleader-having, nut-squeezing cultists.

aurorasooner
10/29/2007, 12:10 AM
We're going to stomp a mudhole in those dog-worshiping, no female cheerleader-having, nut-squeezing cultists.
I like the way you think. I'm going to be watching you. http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9572/screenshot006vj1.jpg

KantoSooner
10/29/2007, 12:37 AM
Agreed that we need to get on it early and that TAMU will be letting it all hang out, but don't agree that the players have not been up to par - it's the coach's jobs to get the players 'up'.
And, so far, we've been 'under'-prepared for at least CU, ISU and Tulsa. IMHO. Coincidence that all were 'road' games? I really don't know, but now is the hour to get things right and go out and make a statement. I know the computers don't care about your style of winning and that the voters are fickle - that doesn't matter as much as instilling an attitude. And, from my distant vantage point (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that is about the only thing this team is lacking.

SoonerKnight
10/29/2007, 12:40 AM
And then they need to carry it over to our next road game against Tech!!

Crucifax Autumn
10/29/2007, 01:22 AM
Oh...No worries there! We're gonna bury 'em start to finish.

SoonerBanker
10/29/2007, 08:19 PM
I hope we stomp a mudhole in them.....I've got $20 riding on this game with an Aggie fan that I work with. I also gave him 28 points. I opened my big mouth in front of him and so I had to put my money where my mouth was. I hope it's not a stupid bet!!!!:eek:

josh09
10/29/2007, 08:24 PM
77-0 guys, dont worry.

MichiganSooner
10/29/2007, 09:16 PM
77-0 guys, dont worry.

You beat me to it, Josh. And that reporter from Boston can stick it.

BornandBred
10/29/2007, 09:51 PM
The only thing worse than a Lou Holths pep talk is a 4finger prostate exam.

silverwheels
10/29/2007, 09:53 PM
The only thing worse than a Lou Holths pep talk is a 4finger prostate exam.

While Lou Holtz gives the doctor a pep talk.

Dr. Jelly Finger
10/30/2007, 09:24 AM
I like the way you think. I'm going to be watching you. http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9572/screenshot006vj1.jpg

Nice Back to School reference. Thornton Melon and the triple lindy were good stuff indeed.

OU - 748 (Hartley misses his last xp)
eATMe - 6