#15 Texas, #8 Kansas, @ Baylor, @#6 Oklahoma
I see them finishing 6-6

(15) TEXAS:
@ Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, @ Texas A&M
I see them finishing 10-2

TEXAS AGGIES
@#6 Oklahoma, @#9 Missouri, #15 Texas
I see them finishing 6-6

We win out, not showing homerism, but we are in good shape and just need to get our shat together on the road especially for that game in Lubbock. We do have it easier than the 3 above and we control our own destiny obviously. The Big 12 South is ours again!!! Even though it may look like Texas is sucking, they still find ways to win and could end up in the top 10 of the BCS along with Kansas or Mizzou. Oklahoma will be in the national title game if it goes like this, especially with a win over Kansas in SA; all this assuming LSU, Oregon State, ASU, BC lose. I am just glad LSU has to play in the conference title game. Maybe I am just getting ahead of myself but it doesn't hurt to talk.

medstudent24
10/28/2007, 10:11 PM
The national champ game is gone IMHO. Too many teams in front of us. I can see a couple of them losing, but we need 4 of them to lose one more game without anybody passing us in teh process and I just dont see that happening.

I will be absolutely ecstatic if we win the Big 12. 5 Big 12 championships for Stoops with 5 different QBs would be awesome. I think KU will be a tough matchup for us but I want them to win out anyways because we have nothing to gain by beating Mizzou again.

The Maestro
10/28/2007, 10:22 PM
I guess people who think it is over forget that in 2001 Nebraska lost by fifenty seventillion to Colorado in their regular season finale which kept them out of the conference championship game only to see the next two teams in line lose in the SEC and Big 12 title games giving Nebraska a shot at the title...which they lost to Miami. As well, OU lost by 28 in the conference championship game and STILL got in the title game.

Things can happen. Ohio State CAN lose. Same goes for B.C., LSU, ASU, Oregon and West Virginia. Hell, we might be ranked 1st by then. Lose hope and lose purpose.

SteelClip49
10/28/2007, 10:33 PM
2001 was wacky indeed....2 loss Colorado finished 3rd in the BCS ahead of 1 loss Oregon, Maryland and Illinois. Yes, anything is possible.

Doged
10/28/2007, 10:42 PM
The championship game isn't out of the question, I don't think, just unlikely at this point. Anything can still happen. Cal is a good example. When LSU lost Cal was set to take over as #1 in the country. Look at them now. Still, we need a LOT of help to have a shot at the title.

It's all good though. I'll take a Fiesta Bowl berth any season and call it a good year.

sooneron
10/28/2007, 10:52 PM
The national champ game is gone IMHO. Too many teams in front of us. I can see a couple of them losing, but we need 4 of them to lose one more game without anybody passing us in teh process and I just dont see that happening.

I will be absolutely ecstatic if we win the Big 12. 5 Big 12 championships for Stoops with 5 different QBs would be awesome. I think KU will be a tough matchup for us but I want them to win out anyways because we have nothing to gain by beating Mizzou again.
How can you say it's gone when there hasn't been one dominant team this year?
tOSU could lose to mich.
BC could lose at Maryland or Clemson
LSU can VERY WELL lose to bama or the sec champ game
Ore could lose to AZ state or one of the spoilers left on their sched
AZ State could lose at usc

I don't see any of those games as gimmes, of course neither are some of our remaining games.
I do agree with the last part of your post- another B12 championship would be almost sweet enough.

ALMOST

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/28/2007, 11:30 PM

Gone implies we have no realistic chance. The NC is gone for USC,Florida and Texas. I think it is a fair debate whether at this point we have a 40% chance of getting there or a 15% chance.

1We win out

2.Ohio St loses @ Mich
3.BC loses 1 game to Clem, Miami,FSU or the CCG
4.LSU loses @Bama or in SEC Championship
5. The winner of Ariz-Oreg loses a game

If 1 and 3 of the other 4 things happen then we are there. What part of that scenario can't happen or is really even that unreasonable? You can predict it won't all happen but there are at least 2-3 past seasons including last year where scenarios far less likely than this played out.

olevetonahill
10/28/2007, 11:47 PM
Im just going to Enjoy the rest of the season . Hell I waited a long time for it to start , I dont want it over just yet. :D