PDA

View Full Version : Was UT Looking PastNU to....T.Boone State?

stoopified
10/28/2007, 09:36 PM
I could believe how shoddy UT played for 3 quarters against the Hukers and their Black Skirt D.I can't help wondering if Colt's concussion problems have thrown off his game.I was watching the game and rooting for UT to blow out Callanberger,improve their stock in the polls and in turn give us a boost and they STUNK.This always seems to happen when I root for the Horns.On the other hand I have only rooted for UT about 3-4 times in 38 years as a college fotball fan.

goingoneight
10/28/2007, 10:02 PM
Remember how they got all giddy about us looking flat against Iowa State?

Exact. Same. Thing.

On. Their. Home. Field.

utex74
10/28/2007, 10:09 PM
Remember how they got all giddy about us looking flat against Iowa State?

Exact. Same. Thing.

On. Their. Home. Field.

I do feel better about the trip to Stillwater now, though. We always seem to have trouble up there. We're not good enough to overlook anybody and that is what happened.

Last week the team was just reading the newspapers. I told several people I was worried because everyone predicted a blowout. And Nebraska still has some pride. Thank goodness Texas got their heads into the game in time.

I'm making the trip to Stillwater. Anyone know where parking is?

goingoneight
10/28/2007, 10:14 PM
I hear they're building the finest dern parking lot in the nation.

Mixer!
10/28/2007, 10:27 PM
Out by the chicken coops. ;)

goingoneight
10/28/2007, 10:29 PM
I wonder if they vandalize visitor's cars who aren't from OU?

Sooner_Havok
10/28/2007, 10:31 PM
I wonder if they vandalize visitor's cars who aren't from OU?

I don't know, but to be safe we better plaster OU stuff all over his car. :D

goingoneight
10/28/2007, 10:35 PM
That would require two things...

1. Visiting Boone State

2. Dishonoring the OU logo by putting it on an orange vehicle

Not too wild on that when I could be tuned into the raping aTm is going to get next Saturday.

Sooner_Havok
10/28/2007, 10:42 PM
Well then, let's just assume that aggie light will treat our friends from saxeT with the same respect and class that they show us, and the rest of the Big XII...

TexasLidig8r
10/29/2007, 08:56 AM
This year's Texas team is very common.

The recruiting classes from 2003 - 2004, or the kids who should be your senior leaders this year, for the most part, are good players but not great ones.

Of the seniors on this team, we will miss Limas... Okam and Lokey.. and that's about it.

Texas, like OU, will be much stronger in 2008 and 2009 should be exceptional again.

sooner n houston
10/29/2007, 09:32 AM
Bad as I hate to say it, I think the cowgirls are gonna hog tie bevo this weekend! Could get Embarrassing for the horn's! :D

SOONER STEAKER
10/29/2007, 09:52 AM
Could be that texass was looking towards the agg's of the north, but, last year, NU almost beat texass in Lincoln. I just think NU stacks up well against texass.

Look for texass to gang up on some sheep this weekend.

texass 42
agg's North 38

MikeInNorman
10/29/2007, 10:07 AM
This could be a battle of the titans between Greg Davis and Tim Beckman. To Davis' credit, though, against Nebraska it only took him 3 quarters to realize that Texas was playing the worst rushing defense in the NCAA and to STOP THROWING THE BALL.

If Texas wants an easy time of it, somebody please let Greg Davis know that this week, Texas is playing the worst PASSING defense in the country. So that game plan from last week that failed for three quarters? Use it.

Also, tell the safeties that they need to bring the downfield hammer for those times that the Texas LB (#40? Bobino?) fires through the hole and whiffs on Savage in the backfield. I think he did that pretty much every down against the Bugeaters.

stoopified
10/29/2007, 11:38 AM
The BATTLE OF ORANGE this week will be hard on the eyes.I don't really WANT to do this but I do have to root for UT,AGAIN.I hope they respond better in this game.

JohnnyMack
10/29/2007, 11:41 AM
John.

Chiles.

TexasLidig8r
10/29/2007, 11:49 AM
Also, tell the safeties that they need to bring the downfield hammer for those times that the Texas LB (#40? Bobino?) fires through the hole and whiffs on Savage in the backfield. I think he did that pretty much every down against every opponent his entire career at UT.

And JMack..as for John.Chiles... right now, the dude couldn't pass gas let alone the football. But for Sherrod Harris' knee injury which took him out the first month.. he would, and should, have been redshirted this year.

MextheBulldog
10/29/2007, 12:24 PM
Litmus test here for okie state to see if they are "playing better" as many talking heads suggest. saxet should win just by default of better talent..but the pokes always seem to play well in this game...consider me interested

JohnnyMack
10/29/2007, 12:25 PM
And JMack..as for John.Chiles... right now, the dude couldn't pass gas let alone the football. But for Sherrod Harris' knee injury which took him out the first month.. he would, and should, have been redshirted this year.

It couldn't be worse than what you have.