PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Should Not BE Ranked Ahead Of Us

TXBOOMER
10/28/2007, 07:41 PM
They lose on their home field to Cal (who now has 3 losses and have dropped out of the poles). If 2 of those others in front of us lose and we win out and Oregon ends up playing for the NC instead of us we will once again be totally banged by Oregon. The media is totally in love with the ducks.

KantoSooner
10/28/2007, 07:44 PM
I sympathize utterly, but we have only ourselves to blame: had we taken care of business at CU, we'd be No. 1 and on cruise control.
On the other hand, any other year and we'd still be closer to No. 10 than No. 5, so all is not lost.

hOlden caUlfield...
10/28/2007, 07:44 PM
The only argument for us is they lost at home. Cal is better than Colorado.

King Crimson
10/28/2007, 07:46 PM
we struggled at Iowa State. Oregon beat SC. i'm not sweating it.

TXBOOMER
10/28/2007, 07:53 PM

I don't think we would of struggled against Iowa State at home.

I watched that whole game yesterday. Oregon's left tackle held big time nearly every freaking play and I think he only got flagged once. It was serious home cooking, not as blatant as we got when we were there but it was ugly. If that game would have been called the same on both sides suc might have won. suc ain't all that great this year either.

kevpks
10/28/2007, 08:09 PM
The only argument for us is they lost at home. Cal is better than Colorado.

Are we sure that Cal is better than Colorado? They had more hype than Colorado but I am not sure that Cal could beat Tech in Lubbock. Colorado is getting better as the year goes on while Cal moves towards the cellar in the Pac-10.

badger
10/28/2007, 08:11 PM
OREGON DESERVE HUGE MASS1VE PWNAGE IN BCS POLES CUZ THEYRE REFS R TEH SUCC AND SCREWED US LAST YEAR. THOSE BCS N00BS AND THERE DUCKIES NEED TO ROT IN ORGERON SOME MORE AND SMOKE MORE HIPPIEGRASS WHILE WE AND OTHER TEAMS KICK THEIR GRASSASS!!!!!!!!1!
;)

King Crimson
10/28/2007, 08:14 PM
Are we sure that Cal is better than Colorado? They had more hype than Colorado but I am not sure that Cal could beat Tech in Lubbock. Colorado is getting better as the year goes on while Cal moves towards the cellar in the Pac-10.

CU lost two in a row before winning at Tech. they got prison sexed at KSU and trailed throughout in a close loss to KU in Boulder.

Octavian
10/28/2007, 08:17 PM

kevpks
10/28/2007, 08:24 PM
CU lost two in a row before winning at Tech. they got prison sexed at KSU and trailed throughout in a close loss to KU in Boulder.

And Cal got beat by a team that lost to Notre Dame. Kansas State runs hot and cold (ask Texas) and the Buffs kept it close with KU.

Both CU and Cal are headed to lower-tier bowl games, so I am not seeing much separation between the two. IMO CU will be the better team by the end of the year.

TXBOOMER
10/28/2007, 08:35 PM
And Cal got beat by a team that lost to Notre Dame. Kansas State runs hot and cold (ask Texas) and the Buffs kept it close with KU.

Both CU and Cal are headed to lower-tier bowl games, so I am not seeing much separation between the two. IMO CU will be the better team by the end of the year.

CU would not beat us at home! Cal beat the dux at home. Cal and CU are pretty much equals. Losing a home game should count against them!

sendbaht
10/28/2007, 08:39 PM
Long way to go, we'll be fine.

sanantoniosooner
10/28/2007, 08:41 PM
Can I get an alphabetical list of the things we are supposed to whine about?

TXBOOMER
10/28/2007, 08:45 PM

Put this one under the O's. Because the quacks should be right below us in the poles!

Curly Bill
10/28/2007, 08:52 PM
The only thing I'm whining about is us losing to CU, and because we lost to CU I don't think we have a leg to stand on as far as whining about being ranked behind the ducks.

...and no I don't think CU is as good as Cal.

I will state that I'd love to play the ducks, both for revenge, and because I really do think we are better then they are.

Not to worry for now at any rate. It will all work itself out.

Sooner02
10/28/2007, 08:54 PM
Texas A&M.

Curly Bill
10/28/2007, 08:54 PM
Oh yeah, if we'd wanted to stay ranked ahead of the ducks we might should have handled ISU a little more soundly.

Sooner02
10/28/2007, 08:57 PM
Even if we had beaten ISU 50-0, they would jump us based on computer rankings.

Curly Bill
10/28/2007, 09:00 PM
Even if we had beaten ISU 50-0, they would jump us based on computer rankings.

Yeah you might be right, but d**n it we should have killed ISU and I'm still mad about it. :mad:

TXBOOMER
10/28/2007, 09:07 PM
Texas A&M.

I don't play for OU. Players need to worry about aTm. I'll chat on the chat board about the f*&King Nike owned media darling quacks with an at home loss against an unranked three loss team jumping us in the polls if I want to.

sanantoniosooner
10/28/2007, 09:08 PM
The refs.
Instant replay.
Oregon in general.
USC
ESPN
Horsepigs
Jerod Zebranski
Les Miles

What if I run out of things to whine about?

Sooner_Havok
10/28/2007, 09:08 PM

ABC makes us play early games
Bob Barry Sr.
Colorado beat us
Dumb Big XII officials
ESPN hates OU
FSN has sh*tty announcers
Gordon Reise
Herbstreit Likes tOSU better than OU
ISU made us look bad
Jermaine Gresham dropped an easy pass
Kansas get more computer loven' than we do
Les Miles
Michigan is back in the polls
NCAA Hates OU
Oregon Should Not BE Ranked Ahead Of Us
Pollsters HATE OU
Quack sound byte is annoying
Ruf/Neks get baned
Stoops, Mike Stoops, our defense has sucked without him
Texas Tech game
Ugly horse pigs!
Verses TV network
Women won't show their bewbs
Xylophone player would sound batter if they'd fire Brain Britt
Your neighbor in the stadium
Zaslaw needs to touch the ball more

There you go SAS!:cool:

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/28/2007, 10:06 PM
Add me to the list of people not convinced that Cal is any better than Colo or at least not signifacantly better.

I think a big part of it is the convincing win Oregon had at Mich when Mich was a train wreck. I guess I'd qualify the statement by saying if we run the table and win the CCG (something that the Pac-10 doesn't have) we should be ranked ahead of Oregon.

Let Oregon play out the whole season and if they win out play USC,Cal or Ariz St AGAIN in a CCG and then they might deserve to go in ahead of us.

goingoneight
10/28/2007, 10:10 PM
I can see it nao... OU/Oregon rematch in the Fiasco Bowl.

Don't know how I feel about that one. Fiasco Bowl + team who scroo'd us = no good.

Crucifax Autumn
10/29/2007, 01:01 AM
I'm not too worried about it. Every team ahead of us will lose a game or 2 and fortunately the teams close behind us will also lose a game or 2. Despite Some of the "bad" things that happened yesterday, their was some good as well. Many other teams in contention that did win had their SOS reduced due to some other games and the ones that lost...well, they lost!

If we take care of business, we'll be there at the end. And honestly, I seriously doubt we'll be playing any of the teams ahead of us now. Unless it's Oregon and that would be the coolest thing ever...REVENGE.

SoonerKnight
10/29/2007, 01:01 AM
When do we get to play the ducks in Norman?! Duck hunting in Norman!! :D

Crucifax Autumn
10/29/2007, 01:06 AM
And just to show you what I mean about all the games and SOS and so on going our way, didn't anyone notice that we moved up 5 spots from 14 to 9 in the computer average? We're slowly gaining some love and that will only continue.

Sooner1979
10/29/2007, 01:52 AM
I dont care who Oregon has played or will play, they have 1 loss and we have 1 loss...Our loss was to an improving team on the road and Oregon's loss was to a team falling by the wayside at HOME. It should matter where you lose and where you win. Oregon should not have jumped us.

soonerboomer93
10/29/2007, 02:46 AM
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/7852/n00bnesspy1.jpg

limey_sooner
10/29/2007, 06:25 AM
The refs.
Instant replay.
Oregon in general.
USC
ESPN
Horsepigs
Jerod Zebranski
Les Miles

What if I run out of things to whine about?

You forgot people spelling Billy Sims' name with two m's instead of one

swardboy
10/29/2007, 06:56 AM
ABC makes us play early games
Bob Barry Sr.
Colorado beat us
Dumb Big XII officials
ESPN hates OU
FSN has sh*tty announcers
Gordon Reise
Herbstreit Likes tOSU better than OU
ISU made us look bad
Jermaine Gresham dropped an easy pass
Kansas get more computer loven' than we do
Les Miles
Michigan is back in the polls
NCAA Hates OU
Oregon Should Not BE Ranked Ahead Of Us
Pollsters HATE OU
Quack sound byte is annoying
Ruf/Neks get baned
Stoops, Mike Stoops, our defense has sucked without him
Texas Tech game
Ugly horse pigs!
Verses TV network
Women won't show their bewbs
Xylophone player would sound batter if they'd fire Brain Britt
Your neighbor in the stadium
Zaslaw needs to touch the ball more

There you go SAS!:cool:

GENIUS!!!!!!!!

ruf/nekdad
10/29/2007, 07:20 AM
Guess the Ruf/Nek pledges can't be blamed any more.

soonersn2007
10/29/2007, 07:48 AM
Every fan of every team needs to bottle up their angst and frustration about polling and direct it to forcing a playoff!!!.

You are getting sucked into their madness by continuing this debate, playoff is the only answer.

Desert Sapper
10/29/2007, 08:35 AM
Every team ahead of us will lose a game or 2

I hope so. But I'm not seeing it. Best chances for those teams to lose:

tOSU - @ Michigan

BC - @ Clemson, possible ACC Championship against UVA or a Va Tech rematch on neutral turf

LSU - @ Bama, maybe SEC champeenship against?? (could be UGA or Tenn or anybody in the East really if UGA and Tenn lose again)

ASU - @ Oregon, v. USC

Oregon - v. ASU (doubtful) and they play nobody else

...and fortunately the teams close behind us will also lose a game or 2.

Again, I hope so.

WV - @ Cinci?

KU and MU play each other and the winner, if we win out, will probably play us in the Big XII Championship game.

UGA - Auburn, @ Ga Tech, possible SEC Champeenship against probably LSU -- but they have two losses and so does everybody below them

So...

We want KU to win out and be ranked ahead of us going into the CCG. We beat them and we are home free. Maybe. If nobody has a zero in their loss column at years end. I think that would even leap us over Oregon.

SteelClip49
10/29/2007, 08:35 AM
USC is slipping a bit but it's still a huge win for Oregon. Oregon also beat Michigan in Ann Arbor, 39-7 and the Wolverines have soared back to win 7 in a row and have a top 15 ranking. Oregon's loss to Cal isn't as good but what may be the factor for them being ahead of us is Cal's win over Tennessee, which controls its own destiny in getting to the SEC title game. It's all about the SOS and what your opponents due to an extent. OU's ranking in the computers and the polls and sos will go up as the Pac 10, LSU and BC lose. BC will lose and LSU still has it tough. RELAX!!!

Texas doesn't have any signature wins and Mizzou's only true signature win was over 6-3 Illinois on a neutral field.

No need to sweat though because the bulk of the Pac 10 schedule for Oregon and ASU is yet to come and they play each other this coming weekend.

MextheBulldog
10/29/2007, 12:37 PM
Our best win is Mizzou or Texas. Their best wins are @michigan and suc. If they win out against undefeated ASU and @ucla, then they have a tougher slate of victories than us. Love me some Sooners, but our SOS is hurtin...

Sooner02
10/29/2007, 12:39 PM
If they beat ASU, don't really see them losing.

sooner-n-ga
10/29/2007, 12:52 PM
I'm not too worried about it. Every team ahead of us will lose a game or 2 and fortunately the teams close behind us will also lose a game or 2. Despite Some of the "bad" things that happened yesterday, their was some good as well. Many other teams in contention that did win had their SOS reduced due to some other games and the ones that lost...well, they lost!

If we take care of business, we'll be there at the end. And honestly, I seriously doubt we'll be playing any of the teams ahead of us now. Unless it's Oregon and that would be the coolest thing ever...REVENGE.

I'm not so sure our boys don't lose another one with the way they play on the road, if they do it will end all of this talk !

r5TPsooner
10/29/2007, 02:06 PM
I don't think we would of struggled against Iowa State at home.

I watched that whole game yesterday. Oregon's left tackle held big time nearly every freaking play and I think he only got flagged once. It was serious home cooking, not as blatant as we got when we were there but it was ugly. If that game would have been called the same on both sides suc might have won. suc ain't all that great this year either.

We shouldn't have struggled with Iowa State on the road. On top of it, we were beaten by a very mediocre CU team that isn't very good offensively.

Some of you just need to face facts... this OU team is a good team but not a National Championship caliber team at this time, even though we might luck out and stumble into it by some strange act of the football gods.

sooneron
10/29/2007, 02:11 PM
We shouldn't have struggled with Iowa State on the road. On top of it, we were beaten by a very mediocre CU team that isn't very good offensively.

Some of you just need to face facts... this OU team is a good team but not a National Championship caliber team, even though we might luck out and stumble into it by some strange act of the football gods.
The problem is, (although I'm not really one of the peeps bitching) is that there really aren't any clear cut teams that have looked great in all facets.
From what I have seen, this team of ours could play any sucka. I'm not saying we'd win more than 5 times out of ten, I'm just saying that on a neutral field, we'd bring a good game and definitely have a chance. If the same teams from last year were at the top this year - UFla, tOSU, and mich., I wouldn't be saying this, except for mich., MAYBE.

Desert Sapper
10/29/2007, 02:12 PM
...we might luck out and stumble into it by some strange act of the football gods.

They owe us, those football god bastages, especially after oregano, saxet (the bs forward pass fumble for a saxet TD), and the fiasco bowl against smurfy state last season.:D

cvsooner
10/29/2007, 02:13 PM
Funny, Mizzou struggled with Iowa State at home, but nobody's talking about that. Chizik is slowly turning things around there. ISU outgained Mizzou and had better time of possession. The Cyclones will be a much better team next season.

Also don't discount Oregon against Oregon State, either. That OSU is none too shabby and has a habit of knocking off teams they shouldn't beat, and it's a huge in-state rivalry. I wouldn't be surprised to see Oregon lose that one. Dixon hasn't really choked yet this year, but he will, eventually, imho. (Though I'd prefer to have him choke against US, if it comes down to it.)

r5TPsooner
10/29/2007, 02:14 PM
They owe us, those football god bastages, especially after oregano, saxet (the bs fumble forward for a saxet TD), and the fiasco bowl against smurfy state last season.:D

Not to mention the year that OU played for the National Title after getting *** raped by KSU in the Big XII title game.;)

Dan Thompson
10/29/2007, 02:20 PM
I am picking Oregon to win the PAC-10. There remaining games are:

Arizona State at home by 7
bye week
Arizona at Tucson
Oregon St at home

r5TPsooner
10/29/2007, 02:31 PM
Funny, Mizzou struggled with Iowa State at home, but nobody's talking about that. Chizik is slowly turning things around there. ISU outgained Mizzou and had better time of possession. The Cyclones will be a much better team next season.

Also don't discount Oregon against Oregon State, either. That OSU is none too shabby and has a habit of knocking off teams they shouldn't beat, and it's a huge in-state rivalry. I wouldn't be surprised to see Oregon lose that one. Dixon hasn't really choked yet this year, but he will, eventually, imho. (Though I'd prefer to have him choke against US, if it comes down to it.)

Iowa State didn't shut out Missouri in the first half did they? Admit it, we looked pathetic against ISU and I was royally embarrassed because I watched the game in kansas with my in-laws. They all looked at me like WTF is wrong with your OU boy?

Desert Sapper
10/29/2007, 02:45 PM
Not to mention the year that OU played for the National Title after getting *** raped by KSU in the Big XII title game.;)

UNCLE, UNCLE!!!!:eek:

....but seriously, that kitty-**** ***-raping had to be those mother****ing football god sonsabitches again. Damn them! Damn them all to hell!

soonergirlNeugene
10/29/2007, 04:09 PM
Take a deep breath. No matter which way you look at it, Cal is better than Colorado. Yes, Cal is better than Colorado.

Cal is a team that has won all of its nonconference games, including one vs Tennessee, a team that after beating SC last weekend, has the inside track to the SEC East title. Colorado's only nonconference win was vs Colorado State, a team still looking for its second win this season. If you want to argue that Tennessee isn't that good this year, I'd probably agree, but they've certainly had a better season than Florida State, a team who managed to beat Colorado in Boulder despite being in a down year.

While I'm inclined to believe the outcome of our game vs Colorado was something of a fluke, seeing as how we dominated the majority of the game but then ran out of gas late in the second half, Cal's win over Oregon was just as razor thin. Possibly even moreso since Cal never dominated in that game, and likely would have lost but for Oregon fumbling the ball into the endzone as they tried to stretch it across the goal line from the 1 on a first down try with about 30 seconds left on the clock. Had they held onto the ball, the worst they could have seen was overtime and with the way they had been outplaying Cal all day, that loss probably would not have happened.
Both losses were close, but Oregon did not choke that game away and really hasn't had an ugly game yet. Cal this year has had the #1 ranking within its grasp. Colorado will be lucky to see the top 20.

Ultimately, it's very likely none of this is going to matter as I just don't know if BC or OSU have anyone left on their schedule capable of making this argument worthwhile. And if/when it does happen, our biggest complaint should be about Texas and Miami stinking it up this year. Any other year, those would have been quality wins, adding to our value in the computer rankings and strengthening our claim to the title game.

TXBOOMER
10/29/2007, 04:22 PM

Some of you just need to face facts... this OU team is a good team but not a National Championship caliber team at this time, even though we might luck out and stumble into it by some strange act of the football gods.

I am not saying OU is deserving of the NC game. I am saying we should be ranked ahead of the ducks based on the home vs. the road loss and the fact that Cal is proving to be less than the hype. I'm still not over the screwing from 2 years ago. If it was another team it may not bother me as much, I just don't like the way everyone is crowning them.

Jeopardude
10/29/2007, 04:59 PM
Cal WAS far better than Colorado when they beat Oregon. They lost their QB Longshore to a sprained ankle after that and their freshman qb blew the game against Oregon State. Longshore's back and he's playing horribly now.

hOlden caUlfield...
10/29/2007, 05:22 PM
There are many more things that seem more out of place than Oregon being ahead of us. Like georgia being ahead of us in the computer rankings. There may be a good reason for that but i can't figure it out.

cvsooner
10/29/2007, 07:09 PM
No, Iowa St. didn't shut out Mizzou in the first half, but they trailed them by only six points at the half, and by seven points at the end of the third period.

I didn't say we played well. We didn't play well. Iowa State also played about as well as they have all season and then nearly did it at Mizzou. Go ahead, and laugh, but ISU may be the best 1-7 team in the country.

Curly Bill
10/29/2007, 07:16 PM
No, Iowa St. didn't shut out Mizzou in the first half, but they trailed them by only six points at the half, and by seven points at the end of the third period.

I didn't say we played well. We didn't play well. Iowa State also played about as well as they have all season and then nearly did it at Mizzou. Go ahead, and laugh, but ISU may be the best 1-7 team in the country.

The best 1-7 team in the country, hummmmm...OK I am laughing. :D

If you're 1-7 the word "best" does not come into play at all.

sanantoniosooner
10/29/2007, 07:20 PM
It's better than beeing the worst 2-6 team I guess.

Probably not even that........

Big Red Ron
10/29/2007, 10:20 PM
I'd bet Cal and maybe even Oregon, but Cal for sure would lose in Boulder.

sanantoniosooner
10/29/2007, 10:24 PM
I'd bet Cal and maybe even Oregon, but Cal for sure would lose in Boulder.
because OU did?

There are no guarantees. Cal might clean their clock and then lose to Stanford.

Big Red Ron
10/29/2007, 10:32 PM
because OU did?

There are no guarantees. Cal might clean their clock and then lose to Stanford.No, because I've watched Cal four times this year. They have average Big XII talent. As a matter of fact I believe they would be somewhere below, 1 OU, 2 KU, 3 UT, 4 Mizzou, 5 OSU, 6 CU, 7 TTech.

So, 8th maybe 7th.

sanantoniosooner
10/29/2007, 10:34 PM
I disagree, but it's not worth debating.

Big Red Ron
10/29/2007, 10:43 PM
I disagree, but it's not worth debating.CU is a damn good football team. They have a Freshman QB and are actually having the kind of season I thought we would have. Next year those guys will win the North again. The darn near beat FSU and did beat us. They have talent but they're young.

Leroy Lizard
10/29/2007, 10:58 PM
So do we root for ASU this weekend or Oregon?

PDXsooner
10/29/2007, 11:03 PM
oregon will find a way to choke

MextheBulldog
10/29/2007, 11:23 PM

Good question. I guess the only way OU has a shot at a title game is if everyone else has at least one loss too. Undefeated teams are bad. So go ducks...

snp
10/30/2007, 02:38 AM

ASU, they're more likely to drop a game before the end of the year. They still have to play USC, @UCLA, and a game where Mike Stoops job on the line .

Oregon has @Arizona, @UCLA, and Oregon State. Don't see them losing any of these.

sanantoniosooner
10/30/2007, 07:00 AM
CU is a damn good football team. They have a Freshman QB and are actually having the kind of season I thought we would have. Next year those guys will win the North again. The darn near beat FSU and did beat us. They have talent but they're young.
And Cal beat Oregon on their home field, and has some great talent also.

The hilarious thing here is that people are trying to decide if OU is better than Oregon based on who each team lost to. And we decide the value of that based on who they lost to. Which is exactly what the computer polls do. And we whine about the computer polls. So we are complaining that there is an unbiased measuring stick with the same goal we have.

phead903
10/30/2007, 07:17 AM
Quit bringing logic into a perfectly good argument!

Big Red Ron
10/30/2007, 09:06 AM
And Cal beat Oregon on their home field, and has some great talent also.

The hilarious thing here is that people are trying to decide if OU is better than Oregon based on who each team lost to. And we decide the value of that based on who they lost to. Which is exactly what the computer polls do. And we whine about the computer polls. So we are complaining that there is an unbiased measuring stick with the same goal we have.Actually, that's what the computers did before they changed the BCS after USC got "screwed" in 2003. Now, the computers don't take into account winning margin or home vs. away losses/wins.

BTW-you just made the best argument for a playoff. Settle it on the field.

sanantoniosooner
10/30/2007, 01:41 PM
Actually, that's what the computers did before they changed the BCS after USC got "screwed" in 2003. Now, the computers don't take into account winning margin or home vs. away losses/wins.

BTW-you just made the best argument for a playoff. Settle it on the field.
bullcrap.

The computers have been tweaked many times since it's inception. And there is no way to really settle it on the field with over 100 teams and less than 15 games to a season per team. We can't even get a true champion in our conference when all the teams don't play each other and the divisions force a team to play a vastly inferior team when there is a better matchup within the same division.

The people that want a different system will never get a system they will be happy with. There will always be some group with a legit complaint about the current system regardless of what that system is.

Curly Bill
10/30/2007, 02:01 PM
playoffs, playoffs, playoffs, playoffs...come on everyone, chant the magic word...and when it comes true everything will be right with the world.
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

ashley
10/30/2007, 03:11 PM
Mine as of today.

1. LSU
2. Oregon
3. Ohio State
4. OU

Just for what it's worth. I still think when it all plays out it will be OU and LSU in the championship game. Ohio State and BC should be discounted because of their schedule.

SoonerShay
10/30/2007, 04:34 PM
Oregon has the 68th ranked defense and people think our defense is bad.
68th! Try watching USC this year, that offense isn't good and that was the backup QB. Hell they got outgained by USC at home and like I said USC doesn't have a good offense this year.