PDA

View Full Version : Kansas is #1 in Sagarin

SteelClip49
10/28/2007, 11:28 AM
I like the updated Sagarin ratings and even though OU's schedule rank is mediocre, their ELO-CHESS is #9. There is some respect for the Mighty 12 after all.

tulsaoilerfan
10/28/2007, 01:45 PM
How strong can Kansas's schedule be? They played worse teams than OU did out of conference; i don't understand the computers one bit

Ardmore_Sooner
10/28/2007, 02:04 PM
How strong can Kansas's schedule be? They played worse teams than OU did out of conference; i don't understand the computers one bit

Granted Miami is not a pushover, we didn't really play any world beaters.

MextheBulldog
10/28/2007, 03:16 PM
That KU-MU border war looms larger each week. If both teams take care of business, that's the Big 12 GOTY matching two top 10 teams.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/28/2007, 03:28 PM
That KU-MU border war looms larger each week. If both teams take care of business, that's the Big 12 GOTY matching two top 10 teams.

Kansas has to be kicking themselves for moving this game to Arrowhead

CORNholio
10/28/2007, 03:47 PM
Kansas has to be kicking themselves for moving this game to Arrowhead

If they both win out. That will be one hell of an atmosphere at arrowhead, last game of the regular season, for the division, for a shot at a BCS bowl, nuetral site. Huge.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/28/2007, 03:49 PM
When Kansas moved the game away form Lawrence, I bet nobody had any idea of what the implications of this game would turn out to be.

85sooners
10/28/2007, 04:06 PM
go jayhawks

Indy Sooner
10/28/2007, 04:14 PM
Actually Kansas is #2 in the ratings which Sagarin feeds to the BCS. The "Predictor" ratings are the best measure of a team's ability (Vegas is most interested in this column). The "Overall" rating is essentially meaningless.

According to the Sagarin ratings, we want Missouri to beat Kansas in a few weeks...

aurorasooner
10/28/2007, 04:18 PM
KU D looked good, especially covering the aTm receivers in man-to-man. (Fox did a good job there on that replay). Granted the aTm receivers aren't the best and McGee isn't the best QB at finding the open receiver, but the KU D sure looked like they confused the heck out of aTm's O. Good win for them in Kyle. If we make it to San Antonio, we're going to have our hands full winning the Big 12 title and breaking our odd year jinx.

bluedogok
10/28/2007, 07:03 PM
The reason why they moved the OU game to there a couple of years ago (that we went to) was because it could hold so many more than their own stadium. It will still be a very pro KU crowd with it in KC, most of the people that I have known in KC were KU people, StL was a Mizzou crowd.

badger
10/28/2007, 08:17 PM
Sorry, but two of our four non-conference foes are in the ESPN.com Bottom 10. One of them has one win. The other is winless. Our non-conference schedule was weak and also kept us in our home state, much like Kansas' early schedule did.

Face it - any other year, we'd be #13 and wondering if the Dallas would be fairly warm about Cotton Bowl time. This year is an unbelievable joke and incredibly unpredictable. The BCS crystal ball will come with a big one of these in future references:

SleestakSooner
10/28/2007, 08:24 PM
Colorado up to #30 is the highest ranked four loss team.

douxpaysan
10/28/2007, 08:31 PM
Kansas reminds me alot of the 2000 Sooners. They have the mojo going and will be hard to beat.

SoonerKnight
10/29/2007, 01:40 AM
Kansas reminds me alot of the 2000 Sooners. They have the mojo going and will be hard to beat.

Kansas also does not have tradition. The only championship they have seen was part of a Big VIII back in 1969. They had a split conf. championship. They also do not seem to have a high powered offense. Their defense I guess is impressive but I would be more impressed if the were to play and beat Saxet or Tech or even to try and beat OU. I think the fact that their non-conf was weak says a lot and they are playing weak Big XII opponnents. Missouri will be a true test for them. I think that they will have a two loss season. One against Missouri the other against the bowl team they play. They are a suprise but I still think that if they played a Miami team they would lose. Remember how bad the Miami offense was? That is Kansas IMHO. Next year they might make it but time will only tell. :eek:

SteelClip49
10/29/2007, 06:45 AM
It is simply amazing that Kansas and Missouri are doing this well and it was indeed the last time that both did win a conference title; Kansas in 1968 and Missouri in 1969, both which ended up losing to back to back undefeated Penn State squads in the Orange Bowl.

Loser of Kansas/Missouri is out of BCS consideration. Oklahoma over, say Kansas, would eliminate the Jayhawks for BCS consideration. If Texas wins the rest of their games as does OU, then both the Horns and Sooners will get a BCS berth but Texas gets the better game because of the conference champion affiliation with the Fiesta.

Blitzkrieg
10/29/2007, 11:23 AM
MU is not a surprise, I've seen it building the last few years, but KU is a surprise that they could beat CU, KSU, and aTm on the road. Mangino had never won a road game other than Baylor before this year. I picked KU second and MU first in the north to start the season, I'm starting to think I have them backwards.

Both a are very young teams, like us, with MU losing a few more players than the other two. MU also lost Pig Brown against ISU, that would be like us losing Reggie. That might kill them against KU and US in the champ game.