PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday I saw the best running back you've never heard of.

TUSooner
10/28/2007, 09:04 AM
And he'll be playing vs Tulsa next week.
Matt Forté of Tulane. Yes, Tulane, my alma mater, the 2-6 team that is reinventing the gut-wrenching loss.
He's the nation's rushing leader with 1500+ yards through 8 games. He's got 5 games over 200 yards, and 2 of those are over 300 yds. Yesterday he had 278 on 44 carries, including a 51 yd TD. He's patient yet explosive. He hits the hole and goes. he reads blocks and reads the field and just doesn;t get tackled when you think he's down.

Unfortunately, Tulane is so bad that nobody will notice Forté, and that's really bad. He deserves much better.

But he's playing vs Tulsa next week, so check him out if the game is on the tube somewhere in OK. If form holds, Forté will have an exciting game, and Tulsa fans will go home happy with a win. :rolleyes:

OUinFLA
10/28/2007, 02:26 PM
homer

Frozen Sooner
10/28/2007, 02:34 PM
Is he strong?

swardboy
10/28/2007, 02:36 PM
Is he fast?

Ardmore_Sooner
10/28/2007, 02:41 PM
I heard he lifted weights this off season.

Frozen Sooner
10/28/2007, 03:37 PM
See, 'cause "Forte" translates as "Strong."

85sooners
10/28/2007, 04:09 PM
does he break dance?

swardboy
10/28/2007, 04:15 PM
...and "Matt" translates as "fast" in Melonesian....

TUSooner
10/28/2007, 04:52 PM
Never mind. The minute I tout something it goes down the toilet.
:)

He is good, though!

AllAboutThe'O'
10/28/2007, 05:13 PM
Matt Forté of Tulane. Yes, Tulane, my alma mater, the 2-6 team that is reinventing the gut-wrenching loss.
He's the nation's rushing leader with 1500+ yards through 8 games. He's got 5 games over 200 yards, and 2 of those are over 300 yds. Yesterday he had 278 on 44 carries, including a 51 yd TD. He's patient yet explosive. He hits the hole and goes. he reads blocks and reads the field and just doesn;t get tackled when you think he's down.

Unfortunately, Tulane is so bad that nobody will notice Forté, and that's really bad. He deserves much better.

But he's playing vs Tulsa next week, so check him out if the game is on the tube somewhere in OK. If form holds, Forté will have an exciting game, and Tulsa fans will go home happy with a win. :rolleyes:
No, SMU is inventing the gut-wrenching loss. At least the Greenies beat SMU in overtime last week and you also didn't give up a 99-yard last-minute drive to Tulsa the way the Mustangs did yesterday.

TUSooner
10/28/2007, 05:26 PM
No, SMU is inventing the gut-wrenching loss. At least the Greenies beat SMU in overtime last week and you also didn't give up a 99-yard last-minute drive to Tulsa the way the Mustangs did yesterday.
Tulane is putting the "give up 99 yd losing drive" defense in the game plan for Tulsa this week. :D

josh09
10/28/2007, 05:35 PM

Oh, but i HAVE heard of him :)

Dan Thompson
10/28/2007, 06:12 PM
Is that the famous Prevent Defense?

Curly Bill
10/28/2007, 06:29 PM
He must watch a lot of film.

badger
10/28/2007, 06:40 PM
Coach Smoo got fired today.

LSUdeek
10/28/2007, 08:02 PM

He's an excellent player. I hate it when NFL caliber talent goes to school at Tulane. :)

Sooner98
10/28/2007, 08:22 PM
Get a life - why are you on this board? Go to your own board - waver

First of all, as you probably noticed (or perhaps not), his username is "TUSooner", which qualifies him as a Sooner fan. Secondly, he's been a member here for four years, with almost 10,000 posts. How long have you been here? Finally, how pathetic is it that you get offended that someone has the audacity to start a thread about a team other than OU, let alone a team that isn't even a rival of OU? Nobody put a gun to your head and told you to click on his thread. Sheesh. :rolleyes: