PDA

View Full Version : WVU

Sooner02
10/27/2007, 11:21 PM
Will they jump OU tomorrow?

goingoneight
10/27/2007, 11:23 PM
Who cares? They're West Virgina. They're destined to look mediocre and get beat again.

Soonerfan88
10/27/2007, 11:24 PM
They could, all depends on the poll voters. They gain in the computers from today's losses like we do and are currently 10th to our 14th.

kevpks
10/27/2007, 11:27 PM
They should take a small hit with the South Florida loss.

Sooner02
10/27/2007, 11:28 PM
I'm just expecting the pollster voters to put them at #5 after today since we didn't play, we get overlooked.

boomerborn79
10/27/2007, 11:36 PM
Would any of you be surprised to see 4 teams from the big twelve in the bcs top ten? you shouldn't if CALI pulls off this upset over ASU. Kansas, MissOUri, and possibly SAXET all move inside the top ten. We may not have had all the teams we needed for us to move up, but with the losses of all the other ranked teams our strenght of schedule and quality wins should look alot better.

Soonerus
10/27/2007, 11:37 PM
NO...

hOlden caUlfield...
10/28/2007, 12:02 AM
i would be very surprised if saxet makes it into the top 10. i would also appreciate it very much if wvu didn't pass us in the bcs.

Curly Bill
10/28/2007, 12:04 AM
Would any of you be surprised to see 4 teams from the big twelve in the bcs top ten? you shouldn't if CALI pulls off this upset over ASU. Kansas, MissOUri, and possibly SAXET all move inside the top ten. We may not have had all the teams we needed for us to move up, but with the losses of all the other ranked teams our strenght of schedule and quality wins should look alot better.

I got a fistful of dollars (yeah, pun intended) that we won't be seeing saxet in the top 10 this year.

skeeterou
10/28/2007, 12:10 AM
I got a fistful of dollars (yeah, pun intended) that we won't be seeing saxet in the top 10 this year.

Sergio Leone is a badass. And no, I don't think we will see 4 in the top 10. Who knows though. Crazy season so far. Nobody is safe. Except for Ohio State, playing their ONE ranked team all year. Or I might be making that up. I don't know, 7 hours of sleep in 3 days takes a toll. And I'm lazy.

sleeeeeepppppp.....

boomerborn79
10/28/2007, 12:12 AM
I hate SAXET but with our strenght of schedule then in the top ten helps us.

boomerborn79
10/28/2007, 12:13 AM
Sergio Leone is a badass. And no, I don't think we will see 4 in the top 10. Who knows though. Crazy season so far. Nobody is safe. Except for Ohio State, playing their ONE ranked team all year. Or I might be making that up. I don't know, 7 hours of sleep in 3 days takes a toll. And I'm lazy.

sleeeeeepppppp.....
Maybe not four but definately three SAXET being left out but still close.

cheezyq
10/28/2007, 12:22 AM

Colorado's win helps us too.

Curly Bill
10/28/2007, 12:27 AM

Would help us yes, but there's no way in h*ll you're seeing saxet in the top 10 this year.

boomerborn79
10/28/2007, 12:27 AM
Colorado's win helps us too.
It sucks we don't control our own destiny, but I think it all plays out. Still alot of football left. Hate to say it if Corso keeps pumping us as one of the best teams he's seen it will pay off too.

Curly Bill
10/28/2007, 12:29 AM
It sucks we don't control our own destiny, but I think it all plays out. Still alot of football left. Hate to say it if Corso keeps pumping us as one of the best teams he's seen it will pay off too.

Please explain how Corso pumping us will pay off?

boomerborn79
10/28/2007, 12:33 AM
Would help us yes, but there's no way in h*ll you're seeing saxet in the top 10 this year.
There 16th in and 6 teams in front of them have lost if ASU loses, I think they jump a hawaii team. Maybe not this week, but they might get close.

boomerborn79
10/28/2007, 12:37 AM
Any good buzz about OU is a positive coming from Gameday/ESPN

Curly Bill
10/28/2007, 12:40 AM
Any good buzz about OU is a positive coming from Gameday/ESPN

Well, buzz can't hurt I suppose, but last I heard it wasn't one of the variables taken into account in the BCS ratings system. Beyond that I'd say if you're putting much stock into the opinions of Corso you are one of the few, and maybe only, person on this board that does.

SCOUT
10/28/2007, 12:40 AM
There are way too many AP voters who don't actually watch the games. When a news outlet champions a team, it actually does improve their poll ratings. USC a couple of years ago proves this to be true.

Lou Holtz consistently brings us up as the best one loss team too.

Granted Lou and Lee aren't the best predictors, but they do have some sway.

Curly Bill
10/28/2007, 12:42 AM
There are way too many AP voters who don't actually watch the games. When a news outlet champions a team, it actually does improve their poll ratings. USC a couple of years ago proves this to be true.

Lou Holtz consistently brings us up as the best one loss team too.

Granted Lou and Lee aren't the best predictors, but they do have some sway.

They have some sway alright...after they drink too much they may have some sway. ;)

boomerborn79
10/28/2007, 12:47 AM
Well, buzz can't hurt I suppose, but last I heard it wasn't one of the variables taken into account in the BCS ratings system. Beyond that I'd say if you're putting much stock into the opinions of Corso you are one of the few, and maybe only, person on this board that does.
Don't put stock in any gameday crap. I watch football from noon ET. to 2 a.m. I have seen alot of football and think we will be fine when its all said and done. Also buzz may not be factored in the final bcs but it does in the coaches poll talies in to the bcs and I know most coaches get there info of gameday final and crap like that so if there hereing there from those (experts) it might factor in the votes come sunday morn.

Curly Bill
10/28/2007, 12:52 AM
Don't put stock in any gameday crap. I watch football from noon ET. to 2 a.m. I have seen alot of football and think we will be fine when its all said and done. Also buzz may not be factored in the final bcs but it does in the coaches poll talies in to the bcs and I know most coaches get there info of gameday final and crap like that so if there hereing there from those (experts) it might factor in the votes come sunday morn.

...so you know most coaches get their info from gameday...? Well then, I stand in awe of your insider information on the sunject. :rolleyes:

SCOUT
10/28/2007, 12:55 AM
...so you know most coaches get their info from gameday...? Well then, I stand in awe of your insider information on the sunject. :rolleyes:
Many coaches (and more importantly the SID's) have admitted as much. It is hardly insider information.

boomerborn79
10/28/2007, 12:55 AM
Its A rumor on youtube.. I guess i better ( get my facts straight)

CORNholio
10/28/2007, 12:56 AM

Would be short lived. Kansas and Mizzou play each other in a few weeks and I can't believe that anybody will rank Tejas higher than 13 or so. I wouldn't.

Curly Bill
10/28/2007, 12:59 AM
Many coaches (and more importantly the SID's) have admitted as much. It is hardly insider information.

I'll be looking for the posting of the list.

boomerborn79
10/28/2007, 01:00 AM
ASU win, sucks. Atleast we know no matter what when we beat A&M we move up with a loss by ASU or ORE. 6 days till fran gets his second worst loss and gets fired. Good night sooners......

Sooner02
10/28/2007, 01:06 AM
Well, we really hurt ourselves with the CU loss. Our schedule isn't exactly the toughest. But if we were 8-0 right now we'd be sitting at #1. The teams that capitalized on their weak schedules are sitting at 1 and 2, while the rest either wait for them to lose or just wait till their SOS let's them jump one of them (LSU).

Curly Bill
10/28/2007, 01:17 AM
Well, we really hurt ourselves with the CU loss. Our schedule isn't exactly the toughest. But if we were 8-0 right now we'd be sitting at #1. The teams that capitalized on their weak schedules are sitting at 1 and 2, while the rest either wait for them to lose or just wait till their SOS let's them jump one of them (LSU).

You are correct. When we win out, sure we're gonna gripe if we're left out of the NC game, but really we'll have no one to blame but OUrselves. Yep, there's a real posibility that CU loss is gonna end up stinging real bad. :(

adoniijahsooner
10/28/2007, 01:32 AM
I say we enjoy the rest of the OKLAHOMA season and let the physics and palm readers say what they will. Right now this team needs to worry about improving and stop focusing on every other team losing and winning and strength of schedule and who wipes their butt the best every week. If you consistently worry about other teams losing each week, then when every one in front of you wins like what happened this week, it can feel like you lost even if you didnt.

SCOUT
10/28/2007, 02:06 AM
I'll be looking for the posting of the list.
A 30 second Google search provides:

The coaches? Each of these men of great (tunnel) vision sees little football that doesn't directly impact his own squad. The Missouri-Oklahoma game matters only if the next opponent is Missouri or Oklahoma.

Instead of voting in the USA Today poll, many coaches let their assistants, sports information directors, secretaries or kids vote. And some of the coaches who do vote have ulterior motives. Steve Spurrier likes putting doormat Duke on his ballot because "they hired me twice when I had no job." And, sources say, because blue is his favorite color.

Curly Bill
10/28/2007, 02:13 AM
A 30 second Google search provides:

Where's the part about them using Gameday to decide their votes for them?

:confused:

SCOUT
10/28/2007, 02:16 AM
Where's the part about them using Gameday to decide their votes for them?

:confused:
Well, if the coaches don't get to see the games, it isn't much of a stretch to think they would look to highlights. Worse, it is explicitly stated that some coaches vote based on their favorite colors.

Curly Bill
10/28/2007, 02:25 AM
Well, if the coaches don't get to see the games, it isn't much of a stretch to think they would look to highlights. Worse, it is explicitly stated that some coaches vote based on their favorite colors.

I don't doubt that some votes are cast that are less then serious, and that some motives behind votes are questionable. I also have heard the ol' story that the coaches that do vote (or their surrogates) are less then "up" on other teams around the country, and I don't doubt that at all. I just have a hard time putting much value on the opinions of talking heads like Corso and Holtz when it comes to where teams end up ranked. Is there some influence on some voters...maybe so, but I just don't think it's much.

boomersooner28
10/28/2007, 02:39 AM
to answer the first post.....why not? Everyone else has.