PDA

View Full Version : What if HAWAII GOES UNDEFEATED?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/27/2007, 09:11 PM
And we don't get into the NC game??? Will we have to play the Rainbows in the Fiesta Bowl? Heck, I might not go to that one, even though it's right here in PHX!...I WANT A PLAYOFF, DANG IT!

Frozen Sooner
10/27/2007, 09:15 PM
Nope. Hawai'i won't be ranked high enough in the BCS to qualify unless a LOT more teams start losing. Their computer rankings are horrible.

Rhino
10/27/2007, 09:19 PM
It isn't even equal to Utah going undefeated in 2003. It's more close to Tulane in 1998.

Hawaii will still go to the Hawaii Bowl, like they always do.

Soonerus
10/27/2007, 09:23 PM
Hawaii has no chance...

10/27/2007, 09:23 PM
Don't pooh-pooh it. It COULD HAPPEN!

Ground_Attack
10/27/2007, 09:43 PM
The Big XII had no balls when the bowl slot negotioations were taking place. The fiesta bowl isn't a bad bid, but when you are paired with a WAC/MWC team, its simply a lose-lose situation every time. OU shocked a lot of people by making it to the BCS with last years adversity and are still looked at as chokers because of that fluke of a game. What a steaming pile of **** the bowls are.

10/27/2007, 09:54 PM
The Big XII had no balls when the bowl slot negotioations were taking place. The fiesta bowl isn't a bad bid, but when you are paired with a WAC/MWC team, its simply a lose-lose situation every time. OU shocked a lot of people by making it to the BCS with last years adversity and are still looked at as chokers because of that fluke of a game. What a steaming pile of **** the bowls are.THANK YOU!

kevpks
10/27/2007, 10:01 PM
I am not certain but I think the Fiesta ended up with BSU last year because they had the last at-large pick since it was also the location with the MNC game.

Frozen Sooner
10/27/2007, 10:04 PM
I am not certain but I think the Fiesta ended up with BSU last year because they had the last at-large pick since it was also the location with the MNC game.

Yep. And also because the Sugar and Rose both lost lock-in bids.

10/27/2007, 10:06 PM
The only coach I can think of who might like the arrangement the Fiesta Bowl has made with the Big 12 would be the late, great Bear Bryant(had he been in the Big 12).
"You don't win national championships...you schedule them"
-Bear Bryant

Ground_Attack
10/27/2007, 10:08 PM

Here are some participants since 2005:

Notre Dame
Utah
Pitt

YUCK

10/27/2007, 10:17 PM
Here are some participants since 2005:

Notre Dame
Utah
Pitt

YUCKYou forgot a team with the initials BS!

85sooners
10/27/2007, 10:17 PM
........... .............

the_edge
10/27/2007, 10:50 PM
If Hawaii gets into the top 12, they'll go to the Sugar Bowl.

Ground_Attack
10/27/2007, 11:09 PM
You forgot a team with the initials BS!

I left them off since they had already been mentioned. but you are right.

Soonerfan88
10/27/2007, 11:37 PM
Hawaii isn't even ranked in most of the computers, if any. They would have to be in the Top 10 of both polls to even get to 12th for a guaranteed invite.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/28/2007, 12:42 AM
And we don't get into the NC game??? Will we have to play the Rainbows in the Fiesta Bowl? Heck, I might not go to that one, even though it's right here in PHX!...I WANT A PLAYOFF, DANG IT!

They are no longer the Rainbows. Thank you. :P

10/28/2007, 12:45 AM
Hawaii isn't even ranked in most of the computers, if any. They would have to be in the Top 10 of both polls to even get to 12th for a guaranteed invite.We know they are a very longshot, but the point is the Fiesta Bowl is the runt of the litter, edged out of the nip*les by her bigger, stronger siblings. The Big 12 will get leftovers as their opponent.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/28/2007, 12:57 AM
OU vs Connecticut
OU vs Hawaii

Take your pick.

Frozen Sooner
10/28/2007, 01:07 AM
Connecticut will wind up in the Orange Bowl should BC finish up undefeated.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/28/2007, 01:33 AM
FYI, 3 teams ranked anywhere from 1-5 places ahead of Hawaii lost today.

10/28/2007, 01:37 AM
FYI, 3 teams ranked anywhere from 1-5 places ahead of Hawaii lost today.Wonderful!

Ardmore_Sooner
10/28/2007, 01:40 AM
Plus Florida who is 6 spots, but Georgia is right behind them... VT lost also, but who knows how far they will fall.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/28/2007, 09:09 AM
Hawaii does have to beat Boise St. If they do though they will probably be in the top 12 of the BCS. With other teams knocking each other off it is hard for a team to go undefeated and NOT finish in the top 12.

3-loss Florida would pummel Hawaii but they won't be ranked ahead of them.

Scott D
10/28/2007, 09:12 AM
Nobody thinks Hawaii will go undefeated. They've still got Fresno St., Washington, and Boise St. in front of them.

StormySooner-IN
10/28/2007, 09:25 AM
Sportsline has us playing the Sun Devils in the Fiesta Bowl now.

Not that it matters, the bowl predictions change dramatically after every single game.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/28/2007, 10:26 AM
Nobody thinks Hawaii will go undefeated. They've still got Fresno St., Washington, and Boise St. in front of them.

All 3 at home.

10/28/2007, 10:27 AM
Sportsline has us playing the Sun Devils in the Fiesta Bowl now.

Not that it matters, the bowl predictions change dramatically after every single game.Very likely the winner of next week's ASU-Oregon game to play tOSU in the NC in NOLA.

SoonerMom2
10/28/2007, 11:10 AM
Teams like Boise State and Hawaii that get in the top 12 play in the BCS game in the city that has the national championship. We get the Arizona State in the Fiesta Bowl the way the Bowls match up today.

The Rose Bowl would get Oregon and West Virginia. How is that for the Granddaddy of Bowls they like to call it? Can you imagine West Virginia in Pasadena. The best bet to end the BCS fiasco is the Rose Bowl because with a match-up like that, they just might not renew in 2010.

CBS Sportsline has potential Bowl Matchups and explains where the teams will play. They have LSU playing Ohio State in the National Championship. Boston College playing Missouri in the Orange Bowl and Georgia playing Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl.

TUSooner
10/28/2007, 11:14 AM
Although I think LSU would deserve to be in the bcsmnc (if they win out), I would truly HATE to see them get that home-field advantage. I think LSU would smack OhSU anywhere except maybe the horse shoe.

10/28/2007, 11:16 AM
Teams like Boise State and Hawaii that get in the top 12 play in the BCS game in the city that has the national championship. We get the Arizona State in the Fiesta Bowl the way the Bowls match up today.

The Rose Bowl would get Oregon and West Virginia. How is that for the Granddaddy of Bowls they like to call it? Can you imagine West Virginia in Pasadena. The best bet to end the BCS fiasco is the Rose Bowl because with a match-up like that, they just might not renew in 2010.

CBS Sportsline has potential Bowl Matchups and explains where the teams will play. They have LSU playing Ohio State in the National Championship. Boston College playing Missouri in the Orange Bowl and Georgia playing Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl.That's one ugly-as*ed scenario, with LSU and ASU having home games in the bowls, and frankly, I wouldn't be all that confident about OU's chances against ASU in the fiesta.

MextheBulldog
10/28/2007, 11:18 AM
Very likely the winner of next week's ASU-Oregon game to play tOSU in the NC in NOLA.

Yeah, i fear a one-loss Duck team to make it as well. Unless lsu can squeak out wins over Bama and the sec title game.

10/28/2007, 11:44 AM
Yeah, i fear a one-loss Duck team to make it as well. Unless lsu can squeak out wins over Bama and the sec title game.Woodenchew rather see the Ducks in the title game instead of the home-team Leslie tigerboys?

redblood
10/28/2007, 11:55 AM
I just want this crazy,nerve racking,underdog winning,nail bitting,furniture destroying,etc,season to end so the sooners can get their undefeated MNC
trophy next year.Just do not see it this year.A BIG-12 and a BCS trophy will prime us for an incredable run next season.booomer sooooner.
Just be greatful your not a texan.

Scott D
10/29/2007, 11:50 AM
All 3 at home.

true enough. I think at best the Warriors go 2-1 in that 3 game stretch. 1-2 is more likely, but 0-3 not outside the realm of possibility.

Regardless, despite RLIMC's concerns, the computers on average seem to feel there are at least 35-40 teams better than Hawaii.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/29/2007, 11:53 AM
true enough. I think at best the Warriors go 2-1 in that 3 game stretch. 1-2 is more likely, but 0-3 not outside the realm of possibility.

Regardless, despite RLIMC's concerns, the computers on average seem to feel there are at least 35-40 teams better than Hawaii.

As true as that may be, They are only 2 spots away from being in the BCS, barring a Big East champion or ACC champ ranked lower.

Scott D
10/29/2007, 11:58 AM
As true as that may be, They are only 2 spots away from being in the BCS, barring a Big East champion or ACC champ ranked lower.

even if they keep winning, the only teams behind them that wouldn't jump them within a few weeks are likely Texas and Wisconsin (both of whom rate worse in the computers than Hawaii does). I've no worry about them being in the top 12 at the end of the season.

10/29/2007, 11:59 AM

Regardless, despite RLIMC's concerns, the computers on average seem to feel there are at least 35-40 teams better than Hawaii.Three points:
A) The Fiesta Bowl seems to wind up with some dipstick opponent, that nobody wants to play, because there's nothing to gain from beating them, and you look like a fool if you don't beat them.
B) I don't think it's at all fair for a team to have a home game in a bowl.
C) A playoff is needed, maybe the top 8 teams.

silverwheels
10/29/2007, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Hawai'i make it to a BCS game, as long as we don't play them.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/29/2007, 12:13 PM

CBS Sportsline has potential Bowl Matchups and explains where the teams will play. They have LSU playing Ohio State in the National Championship. Boston College playing Missouri in the Orange Bowl and Georgia playing Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl.

Missouri has an impressive offense but I wonder if the braintrust at CBS Sportsline knows that MU has to win @Colo,@KSU, against KU and then against OU all minus their best defensive player by a large margin, Pig Brown who is lost for the rest of the season?

Oh and if Hawaii wins out they are in. Imagine though that LSU lost to Bama but then wound up winning the SEC Championship. Hawaii and LSU would meet in the Sugar Bowl...:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

10/29/2007, 12:17 PM
Oh and if Hawaii wins out they are in. Imagine though that LSU lost to Bama but then wound up winning the SEC Championship. Hawaii and LSU would meet in the Sugar Bowl...:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:Now THAT would prompt some serious playoffs talk!

stoops the eternal pimp
10/29/2007, 12:17 PM
Then i will no longer refer to them as the Rainbows

Scott D
10/29/2007, 12:32 PM
Three points:
A) The Fiesta Bowl seems to wind up with some dipstick opponent, that nobody wants to play, because there's nothing to gain from beating them, and you look like a fool if you don't beat them.
B) I don't think it's at all fair for a team to have a home game in a bowl.
C) A playoff is needed, maybe the top 8 teams.

plenty of dipstick opponents out there. Hawai'i won't win out. Case closed.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/29/2007, 12:43 PM
Who is Hawaii going to lose to then? As bad as Hawaii's defense is, Boise States is atrocious. But I only took that assessment from the Nevada game where a true freshman QB took them to 4 OTs.

Scott D
10/29/2007, 12:47 PM
Hawaii nearly lost to an average Lousiana Tech (granted it was on the road), they should have lost to an awful San Jose State squad (once again on the road). Boise can at least keep up with them from an offensive standpoint, Fresno it depends on which team shows up, the same with Washington. They also still have to go to Nevada, which is a toss up.

kevpks
10/29/2007, 12:50 PM
Hawaii plays Washington on December 1st. The Huskies aren't great but I think they have the best chance against the Rainbows. I do not want to see Hawaii in a BCS bowl.

silverwheels
10/29/2007, 12:52 PM
Why do you hate Hawai'i?

10/29/2007, 12:53 PM
plenty of dipstick opponents out there. Hawai'i won't win out. Case closed.Scott, to me it's not just about Hawaii. It's about all the "dipstick opponents". I'm not arguing with your points. Hawaii is just a perfect example of "dipstick".

Ardmore_Sooner
10/29/2007, 12:53 PM
Boise almost lost to a not so great SJSU team last year, and almost lost to Wyoming. Just sayin'.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/29/2007, 01:04 PM
Boise almost lost to a not so great SJSU team last year, and almost lost to Wyoming. Just sayin'.

I think we all pretty much agree that Hawaii is seriously overrated. However it is clear that Boise (especially minus Ian Johnson) and Washington certainly could lose to Hawaii on the road. I certainly don't think it is a given that Hawaii loses. There is a good chance that they go to a BCS game and get half a hundred ...and then some hung on them.

Scott D
10/29/2007, 02:04 PM
Why do you hate Hawai'i?

me?

Hell Hawai'i is a greater dream come true story than Boise could ever dream of being. It wasn't that long ago that June Jones was in a coma after a bad car accident. I grew up with kids that lived and died with how the 'Bows (As they were called back then) played. Al Noga was one of the coolest individuals I ever met, and it was nice that he took time out from his lunch in the cafeteria to sign autographs for a bunch of middle school kids taking a tour of the University on a field trip.

The 1990 BYU game is probably one of my most favorite games of all time, I snuck in with a couple of friends during the 2nd quarter. Ty Detmer wins the Heisman earlier in the day (about noon local time if I remember correctly), and 8 hours later has probably his worst game of the season as BYU got crushed 59-28. I had friends from high school who either played for UH or attempted to walk-on the squad back in the early 90s.

However, I'm a realist with their program...they consistently rise to a point where they seem to be on the verge, then they go back down like the tide. To be honest, I don't dislike Hawai'i...I do however dislike June Jones.

Scott D
10/29/2007, 02:13 PM
Scott, to me it's not just about Hawaii. It's about all the "dipstick opponents". I'm not arguing with your points. Hawaii is just a perfect example of "dipstick".

so your primary argument is that there are 6 BCS conferences and 4 bowls with direct BCS tie-ins meaning that 2 bowls has a Conference Champ and a leftover, while the others pretty much have two BCS conference teams as a lock.

I'll agree with the aspect that we got jobbed by not having the automatic bid in the Orange Bowl. The problem is, while we may not necessarily be a fan of going west to the Fiesta as our BCS bid, I don't know that the Cotton Bowl can rise to the status needed to "demote" the Fiesta from BCS status and making it as much of a home game for the Big-12 as the Fiesta should be.

silverwheels
10/29/2007, 02:14 PM
me?

I meant anyone, but sure. :D

I like to see the mid-majors get a slice of the BCS pie.

Scott D
10/29/2007, 02:40 PM
I'd like them to get the Pac-10's slice of the pie myself. ;)

silverwheels
10/29/2007, 02:43 PM
I'd like them to get the Pac-10's slice of the pie myself. ;)

That would work, too.

10/29/2007, 02:56 PM
I would like to see the Rose Bowl get permanently opened up, not a deal with the pac10 and big11. Maybe a rotating bowl arrangement-not just a rotating different venue for the NC game. The Big 12 shouldn't be tied in with mid-majors any more than any other BCS conference should.

Scott D
10/29/2007, 03:05 PM
I would like to see the Rose Bowl get permanently opened up, not a deal with the pac10 and big11. Maybe a rotating bowl arrangement-not just a rotating different venue for the NC game. The Big 12 shouldn't be tied in with mid-majors any more than any other BCS conference should.

so either there need to be 2 more or 2 fewer BCS conferences, no?

10/29/2007, 03:32 PM
so either there need to be 2 more or 2 fewer BCS conferences, no?Whatever it would take to move those second tier conferences around, to have a rotation where they play a different major conference in a bowl each yr.

TUSooner
10/29/2007, 03:41 PM
OU vs Connecticut
OU vs Hawaii

Take your pick.

I can see it already <dream waves>

OK Mr Goliath, er, I mean Mr SOONER <titter>, we are ready for your scene. Now remember, try to show a little life - big bad establishment villains have to be lively sometime! Then be sure fall very hard and dramatically when the rock flung by our sexy little underdog team of the year smacks your forehead. You know, just like last year ! hehehehe...

:rolleyes:

Scott D
10/29/2007, 04:09 PM
Whatever it would take to move those second tier conferences around, to have a rotation where they play a different major conference in a bowl each yr.

well which would you prefer? 2 more or 2 fewer? Keep in mind, you're still dealing with 4 bowls.

10/29/2007, 04:26 PM
well which would you prefer? 2 more or 2 fewer? Keep in mind, you're still dealing with 4 bowls.Simply designating a conference as "BCS" doesn't make them any better than they were before the designation. It makes no difference to me, as long as they are rotated around, instead of assigned to play against the same major conference, and/or in the same bowl, each year.

SoonerBOI
10/29/2007, 04:28 PM
I would hate to see them play in a BCS game. They have a crappy schedule but who wants to play with them?

Outopia
10/29/2007, 05:58 PM
Let's hope Boise does them in. They had to go to overtime to beat LA Tech and almost lost to Nevada. The same Nevada that Nebraska prison raped. I hope the voters have been paying attention--- may be giving the voters too much credit. Hawaii is truly a pretender.

Scott D
10/29/2007, 06:44 PM
Let's hope Boise does them in. They had to go to overtime to beat LA Tech and almost lost to Nevada. The same Nevada that Nebraska prison raped. I hope the voters have been paying attention--- may be giving the voters too much credit. Hawaii is truly a pretender.

psst...they play Nevada on 11/17 @ Nevada.

Outopia
10/29/2007, 08:58 PM
My bad there Scott D. I have the ESPN package and I thought it was Nevada, maybe it was UNLV. They did got to overtime with LA Tech I believe. I don't know who it was they came back to beat down two scores with aout 4:00 left in the fourth quarter. Some Hawaii fan on Fox sports posted there and acted like it was the greatest come-back of all time. I thought what a Rube, and then I realized he was an Hawaii fan and couldn't really know about real college football. I'll look it up. I watch too much CFB(is that possible?) every Saturday. It starts at 9:00 AM here in AZ and I watch till after 9:00 PM. My wife leaves me alone, but does watch the OU games with me though. Thanks Scott.

Scott D
10/29/2007, 09:01 PM
My bad there Scott D. I have the ESPN package and I thought it was Nevada, maybe it was UNLV. They did got to overtime with LA Tech I believe. I don't know who it was they came back to beat down two scores with aout 4:00 left in the fourth quarter. Some Hawaii fan on Fox sports posted there and acted like it was the greatest come-back of all time. I thought what a Rube, and then I realized he was an Hawaii fan and couldn't really know about real college football. I'll look it up. I watch too much CFB(is that possible?) every Saturday. It starts at 9:00 AM here in AZ and I watch till after 9:00 PM. My wife leaves me alone, but does watch the OU games with me though. Thanks Scott.

it was the San Jose State game referred to earlier in the thread my friend. :)

and no, it's not possible to watch too much CFB, unless you are a myopic mongoloid of a fan ;)

Outopia
10/29/2007, 09:11 PM
Again my bad. Yeah, I just looked it up too on ESPN. San Jose State, not quite a heavy weight of CFB. I'm flying through all the sooner sites, and this issue piques my interest. Thanks again Scott.

10/30/2007, 10:25 AM
So, our buddies at Boise State are picking up momentum, and darn sure could win that powerhouse conference again. Could be they squeeze in for a glorious rematch with the Sooners!

KingBarry
11/1/2007, 02:44 PM
So, our buddies at Boise State are picking up momentum, and darn sure could win that powerhouse conference again. Could be they squeeze in for a glorious rematch with the Sooners!

Oh, please, make it stop. Just make it stop. Now. plskthx.

cvsooner
11/1/2007, 05:30 PM
If Hawaii goes unbeaten, they'll wind up in a BCS bowl, where they'll get dismantled. If Boise State beats them (and I don't think that will happen), Boise State may wind up a BCS bowl, but I don't think that will happen either. Too many one-loss teams around.

Bozo State's big argument for inclusion last year was that they were unbeaten, don't forget. I wouldn't mind playing them again just so we could stomp 'em.

11/1/2007, 06:16 PM
If Hawaii goes unbeaten, they'll wind up in a BCS bowl, where they'll get dismantled. If Boise State beats them (and I don't think that will happen), Boise State may wind up a BCS bowl, but I don't think that will happen either. Too many one-loss teams around.

Bozo State's big argument for inclusion last year was that they were unbeaten, don't forget. I wouldn't mind playing them again just so we could stomp 'em.Problem is, I'm not so sure we would take them any more seriously than we did last year!

Blues1
11/1/2007, 06:24 PM

Amen Brother -- Same Here, Saturday is my College Football Day - 9am to the last TV game -- No Wife to watch with, but I will take the Hardship... :)
No lawns to moe dosen't hurt my feelings....:D

cvsooner
11/1/2007, 06:59 PM
Problem is, I'm not so sure we would take them any more seriously than we did last year!

Y'know, I was at that game, and I never got the feeling we didn't take them seriously. I think we did. I think it took us a long time to get untracked. My one real criticism of Stoops and his ability is that if there's a long layoff, the team takes a while to knock the rust off. And then in the meantime, they get way behind. Losing Malcolm Kelly early did not help the passing game, and I love the guy, but Peterson was rusty too. Bozo State was no slouch, and we still nearly beat 'em. Had 'em beat, in fact.

I know we would definitely take them seriously in a rematch.

11/1/2007, 07:36 PM
Y'know, I was at that game, and I never got the feeling we didn't take them seriously. I think we did. I think it took us a long time to get untracked. My one real criticism of Stoops and his ability is that if there's a long layoff, the team takes a while to knock the rust off. And then in the meantime, they get way behind. Losing Malcolm Kelly early did not help the passing game, and I love the guy, but Peterson was rusty too. Bozo State was no slouch, and we still nearly beat 'em. Had 'em beat, in fact.

I know we would definitely take them seriously in a rematch.Well, I was at the game too, FWIW, and the problems of which you speak shouldn't have happened. ie, BSU didn't look so rusty! I just don't want to have to play teams from the WAC, Mid-American, or any other "mid major", since we have 0 to gain by playing them.

Sooner02
11/1/2007, 07:39 PM
Hawaii sits at 14th, they just need to spots to get in the BCS. Let's hope Boise or even Washington takes care of that.

Blues1
11/1/2007, 07:43 PM
Well, I was at the game too, FWIW, and the problems of which you speak shouldn't have happened. ie, BSU didn't look so rusty! I just don't want to have to play teams from the WAC, Mid-American, or any other "mid major", since we have 0 to gain by playing them.

Amen and Amen....~~!

hawaii 5-0
11/2/2007, 09:54 AM
Hawaii still has to play the meat of it's schedule. Fresno State, Nevada, Boise St. and Washington. If they come thru that unscathed, then they will make it to a BCS game.
Please don't blame Hawaii's weak schedule. They were to play Michigan this year, but Michigan chickened out and scheduled Appalachian St. instead of the Warriors. Bit 'em in the azz.
Hawaii's had some rough games, as has almost every other Div 1 school. Instead of building up big leads and letting the other team come back, Hawaii held on or came back each time, getting the win.
Hawaii used to be the team that everyone scheduled as their Homecoming Game, cause they were assured of a victory. Hawaii couldn't buy a road win. Not anymore. Boise is the only team that holds dominance over Hawaii and that will change this year.

5-0

11/2/2007, 09:58 AM
Hawaii still has to play the meat of it's schedule. Fresno State, Nevada, Boise St. and Washington. If they come thru that unscathed, then they will make it to a BCS game.
Please don't blame Hawaii's weak schedule. They were to play Michigan this year, but Michigan chickened out and scheduled Appalachian St. instead of the Warriors. Bit 'em in the azz.
Hawaii's had some rough games, as has almost every other Div 1 school. Instead of building up big leads and letting the other team come back, Hawaii held on or came back each time, getting the win.
Hawaii used to be the team that everyone scheduled as their Homecoming Game, cause they were assured of a victory. Hawaii couldn't buy a road win. Not anymore. Boise is the only team that holds dominance over Hawaii and that will change this year.

5-0Wonderful! We're sure to get you guys in a bowl, then.

Tuloma
11/2/2007, 10:09 AM

You Sir are correct....therefore this year the Sugar Bowl will get the last pick.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/2/2007, 12:21 PM
Like kevpks said the chances of OU and Hawaii meeting in the Fiesta Bowl are pretty much nil. That said, the prospect of playing Hawaii in a BCS bowl doesn't concern me one bit. Yes, we shouldn't have lost to Boise St last year but they were definitely a stronger team than Hawaii is this year. Of all the potential BCS match-ups they would be hands down the easiest to beat.

hawaii 5-0
11/2/2007, 09:05 PM
Of all the potential BCS match-ups they would be hands down the easiest to beat.[/QUOTE]

With OU's porous pass defense ? Who's gonna stop Hawaii from running it's 4 wide receiver machine all over the field ? DJ Wolfe ? Gimme a break.

Hawaii would score at will. Malcolm Kelly is the only wide receiver that would start for Hawaii. All four of Hawaii's WRs are better than Iglesias.

OU would match up better with someone like ASU Oregon or BC.

5-0

TUSooner
11/2/2007, 09:34 PM
With OU's porous pass defense ? Who's gonna stop Hawaii from running it's 4 wide receiver machine all over the field ? DJ Wolfe ? Gimme a break.

Hawaii would score at will. Malcolm Kelly is the only wide receiver that would start for Hawaii. All four of Hawaii's WRs are better than Iglesias.

OU would match up better with someone like ASU Oregon or BC.

IF the QB could throw from his azs, or while OUr 3 RBs are running up 100 yds each. ;)

hawaii 5-0
11/2/2007, 09:56 PM
IF the QB could throw from his azs, or while OUr 3 RBs are running up 100 yds each. ;)

It would be interesting watching Hawaii try to contain OU's RBs. Or Gresham. Hawaii never does very well against teams with good TEs, except they contained AA Zach Miller of ASU very well last year.
As far as Brennan being on his Az, it ain't gonna happen. Many teams know Hawaii throws, throws and then throws. They've tried all kinds of schemes to slow Brennan down, mostly without success. Brennan has very quick feet unlike Bradford who just stands in the pocket come hell or high water. Brennan is very mobile and creates plays. Think of Chase Daniel but with much more accuracy, or that Tech QB but with 4 great WRs instead of just one.

Get educated about Hawaii football.

5-0

TUSooner
11/2/2007, 11:04 PM

5-0
Maybe later.

kevpks
11/2/2007, 11:17 PM

5-0

Have them play on Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays more often. That is the only way I'll watch them unless they are playing in their usual mid December home bowl game.

Scott D
11/4/2007, 01:49 PM
oh and on the off chance that by the luck of God, or in this case, the calling in of many favors to Pele, the Warriors manage to not only go undefeated but end up in the top 12 in the final "regular season" poll. June Jones will have massive sphincter pucker factor going back to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl. Hawaii fan should hope he doesn't have flashbacks to his days with the Falcons.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/11/2007, 12:19 AM
It looks like it will be up to Boise St to beat Hawaii because Fresno St isn't going to.