PDA

View Full Version : I should've known we weren't gonna get any help from upsets...

SoonerStormchaser
10/27/2007, 08:07 PM
...this weekend after watching VaTech choke on Thursday night.

VaTech fails to beat BC
Rutgers fails to beat WVa
SUCC fails to beat the Ducks
Penn St is getting schooled by the Bucknuts
And the Sun Debbils will probably beat Cal

Let's face it...this just isn't gonna be our weekend. And with us on a Bye, we're probably gonna get jumped in the polls by at least WVa.

Oh well...just had to vent.

BEAT aTM!!!
I got your 12th man right here!

SoonerBOI
10/27/2007, 08:08 PM
...this weekend after watching VaTech choke on Thursday night.

VaTech fails to beat BC
Rutgers fails to beat WVa
SUCC fails to beat the Ducks
Penn St is getting schooled by the Bucknuts
And the Sun Debbils will probably beat Cal

Let's face it...this just isn't gonna be our weekend. And with us on a Bye, we're probably gonna get jumped in the polls by at least WVa.

Oh well...just had to vent.

BEAT aTM!!!
I got your 12th man right here!

Amen...

Soonerus
10/27/2007, 08:11 PM
I'm feeling the same way...

Newbomb Turk
10/27/2007, 08:15 PM
I don't worry about the BCS. If it happens, it happens.

FirstandGoal
10/27/2007, 08:19 PM
Let's just post in the random thread and let the BCS sort itself out.

GrapevineSooner
10/28/2007, 09:05 AM

My sentiments exactly.

Sometimes it's meant to be. Sometimes it's not.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/28/2007, 09:23 AM
We didn't get the help this week that we were really looking for but we did get a little.

VT,S Fla,Fla, Kentucky and Va were all ahead of us in the computer rankings and lost. Depending on if or how much we lose any ground in the human polls we could move up a spot in the standings.

SoonerFanInAustin
10/28/2007, 09:59 AM
Exactly Rock Hard.....that was the point I was going to make. We were getting kicked in the computer polls. A lot of teams in front of us on the computers lost. So even though we have several weeks left, I think a lot of fans will be surprised when they see us jump team in the BCS polls.

Do not be surprised if we are #4 in the BCS and I stated that Friday morning.

Unless, again as Rock Hard stated, the people polls drop us. They shouldn't cuz we have beat two teams pretty high in the rankings, Mizzu and tu

r5TPsooner
10/28/2007, 10:28 AM

Yep, if the Sooners make one play against CU in the 4th quarter this discussion is moot. How many true Sooner fans thought we'd have this good a chance at a title with no starting QB named until a week before the season started.

I'll gladly take a Big XII title, a possible BCS game and a possible January vacation somewhere warm and sunny. Plus the future looks damned bright right now for OU football for the next three years at a minimum!

TUSooner
10/28/2007, 11:08 AM
I'll gladly take a Big XII title, a possible BCS game and a possible January vacation somewhere warm and sunny. Plus the future looks damned bright right now for OU football for the next three years at a minimum!

Amen!
Maybe this season's hoo-ha is a sign that we Sooner fans need to get the right perspective: Just win OUr next game and let everybody else worry about the BcS.

Boomer
Sooner