PDA

View Full Version : MSU beating Kentucky: SEC overrated

soonersn2007
10/27/2007, 01:57 PM
It's not over but Mississippi St is beating Kentucky 24-14, SEC is overrated.........I think the play by Kansas, Missouri has elevated our league to near the SEC IMHO.

85sooners
10/27/2007, 01:59 PM
right on buddy

Shneeg11
10/27/2007, 02:00 PM
nope, bottom to top the SEC is just so good they beat up on each other, but the big 12 is down when an upset happens... :rolleyes:

As posted here before by many, that is the absolute worst logic ever

man00
10/27/2007, 02:00 PM
that just shows how strong the SEC is..

tulsaoilerfan
10/27/2007, 02:05 PM
that just shows how strong the SEC is..
LOL, has MSU even won a game this season?

goingoneight
10/27/2007, 02:19 PM
A ride through the SEC right now is equivalent to what a ride through the BIG 12 once was... like back in 2000. Lots of teams ranked, some very high... good coaches top-to-bottom. Even the teams that aren't ranked are still okay.

Unfortunately, OUr "name" teams are down right now. Notably Texas and Nebbish. However, :mack: will right the ship eventually. Calahan will take the next boat out.

Mark my words... the SEC will fall from it's high and mighty status when coaches start piling out. Assistants mainly. Also of note: there are some damned greedy SEC fanbases who want guys like Houston Nutt and Tommy Tubberville gone. Bama will axe Saban if he doesn't deliver a BCS bowl in three years. You can tell by just looking at it all that it won't last forever.

Most of the BIG 12's problems started the same way. Nebraska got greedy and held the 2001 Rose Bowl against Solich, aTm thought beating the No. 1 team in the country in a rebuilding year wasn't enouh and landed a truly "FRANtastic" replacement, OSU lost Miles because... well... they're in Stoolwater and weren't willing to pay to keep a good coach, they'd rather build 20,000 more soon-to-be empty seats.

This coming off-season could be a big off-season for the BIG 12. OU and Texas are building dynamite recruiting classes as usual, and there is a potential to move in some new coaches to spice the league up a little bit. Some people are stupid enough to not want a tough league, I'm one to believe the truth. The competitive edge rises with competition. While we may have a more "talented" OU team now than we had in 2000, no way has this team seen anything remotely close to Red October, and no way have they come even close to dominating such competition in such a manner as we did then. A lot of folks think a tougher league means we stand less of a chance of winning, but I see OUr teams under Stoops have been much tougher when their opponents are tougher as well.

soonersn2007
10/27/2007, 02:28 PM
31-14 now..........so if the computers are logical? Doesn't this really hurt the strength of schedule for LSU? And should it?

royalfan5
10/27/2007, 02:28 PM
LOL, has MSU even won a game this season?
They have a winning record including a W over Auburn so far. MSU isn't a push-over any more.

BASSooner
10/27/2007, 02:30 PM
hm, if MSU beats kentucky, will that hurt LSU a bit?

OUinFLA
10/27/2007, 02:37 PM
hm, if MSU beats kentucky, will that hurt LSU a bit?
Lucky Lester is their coach. how much more could they hurt?

badger
10/27/2007, 02:39 PM
One of these games, Lester's contract with Satan will end, Lester will realize that he is in hell, and he will beg Jesus for forgiveness. He will lose a few games in hell, but after his purgatory is over, he will find salvation in an escape to God's country of Oklahoma... but since Oklahoma is full and the angels and archangels already kicked him out once, he will go to Michigan

;)

AllAboutThe'O'
10/27/2007, 02:52 PM
They have a winning record including a W over Auburn so far. MSU isn't a push-over any more.
Agreed. MSU is also one win away from bowl eligibility, and it's very possible the Bulldogs can get it, with games against Alabama, Arkansas and Ole Miss remaining. I also think MSU caught Kentucky at the right time, because the Wildcats were coming off back-to-back grueling games against LSU and Florida. That's just a part of life in the SEC; you have to bring it each and every week regardless of the opponent. Vandy proved that last week against South Carolina, and MSU did that today.
Where's Slickdawg, BTW? I want to offer him congrats.

OUinFLA
10/27/2007, 03:05 PM
Slickdawg is in his backyard renovating his playhouse.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/27/2007, 03:19 PM
Slickdawg is in his backyard renovating his playhouse.
Don't tear it down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMdUQeyDGQw

secbig12
10/27/2007, 03:26 PM
I not sure how bad this will hurt LSU, if any. The reason behind this is the 45-0 beating MSU got at the beginning of the year from LSU.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/27/2007, 03:28 PM
I not sure how bad this will hurt LSU, if any. The reason behind this is the 45-0 beating MSU got at the beginning of the year from LSU.
MSU got better after playing LSU, which was on fire its first few games. If those two teams played again, LSU would still win but it would be by a much closer margin.

limey_sooner
10/27/2007, 03:28 PM
They didn't just beat em, they biatch slapped em. It was ugly. I love the commentators trying to make excuses by saying Kentucky had "expended so much energy" in their last two games. What a load of crap.

85sooners
10/27/2007, 03:33 PM
One of these games, Lester's contract with Satan will end, Lester will realize that he is in hell, and he will beg Jesus for forgiveness. He will lose a few games in hell, but after his purgatory is over, he will find salvation in an escape to God's country of Oklahoma... but since Oklahoma is full and the angels and archangels already kicked him out once, he will go to Michigan

;):D

Ash
10/27/2007, 05:53 PM
The Auburn win was nice (although Auburn is inconsistent this year, to put it nicely), but before this upset they didn't beat anybody and were 4-4 coming into this game. LSU spanked them 45-0. Tennesse beat them by 12 points.

Miss. State is by no stretch of the imagination a good team. If you think otherwise you've got your head up the SEC honks rear ends.

IT AIN'T TRUE! All this SEC kool aid drinking makes me wanna puke.

Purple Tiger
10/27/2007, 09:50 PM
The Auburn win was nice (although Auburn is inconsistent this year, to put it nicely), but before this upset they didn't beat anybody and were 4-4 coming into this game. LSU spanked them 45-0. Tennesse beat them by 12 points.

Miss. State is by no stretch of the imagination a good team. If you think otherwise you've got your head up the SEC honks rear ends.

IT AIN'T TRUE! All this SEC kool aid drinking makes me wanna puke.
Recruit more Texans,you will feel better!

FirstandGoal
10/27/2007, 09:56 PM
Purple Tiger
This message is hidden because Purple Tiger is on your ignore list.

heh

life is good

OUinFLA
10/27/2007, 10:01 PM
heh

life is good

meh, it was no biggie, p tig was just suggesting we recruit more Texans.
I wish we had thought about that Sooner. I think it's a workable idea.

goingoneight
10/27/2007, 10:08 PM
What's funny is he thinks that's some kind of an insult.

Why don't you go... SEC circle-jerk and stuff.

Yeah... see there? We can make lame jokes that are true statements, too! :P