PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting a new foster dog

soonerbrat
10/26/2007, 04:07 PM
meet Layla

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL717/4635336/9701608/285100121.jpg

she will be my 3rd foster boxer. The first one was rescued from a puppy mill in Kansas, and she escaped my yard and we haven't found her yet. People keep seeing her around the neighborhood but she doesn't like people so no one can get near her.

The 2nd was hit by a car...the girl that hit him took him to the vet and then he came to my house. His owners were found and they were reunited.

Layla is young..she keeps escaping from her family's yard, and they got fed up and told the boxer rescue to keep her...so now I'll have her until she is adopted.

Widescreen
10/26/2007, 04:15 PM
That's cool that you're willing to do that.

TexasSooner01
10/26/2007, 04:18 PM
Awwww...she is adorable!!! My next dog will be a Boxer. The two dogs i have now will be around for a while, at least i hope they will. Good luck on finding her a good home!!!

olevetonahill
10/26/2007, 04:21 PM
Man I couldnt do that , I get to attached to ever give em up after ive had em awhile .
Good on Ya :)

soonerbrat
10/26/2007, 04:21 PM
I don't know why I started doing this, really..i'm a sucker for animals I guess...there's an electronic bulletin board at my office and a girl that works there posted about fostering..she's involved in the Red Dirt Boxer Rescue. They've all been good dogs..sweet and not agressive to my cats.

Rogue
10/26/2007, 05:11 PM
Tried to foster a notorious Golden Retriever when I lived in Texas. My Shepherd (rest his doggie soul) tolerated him well most of the time. He (foster) was a real Houdini and broke, dug, and climbed out of the fence daily. Very loving and sort of liked to get between me and Kaizer and growl. Well, one day I came home and he greeted me by jumping up with his paws on my chest and turned his head to growl at Kaizer. The old shepherd had had enough and might have thought the Retreiver was growling at me. I've never seen an ***-whoopin that bad without blood. K would pick him up by the throat and throw him across the yard, be there when he landed and do it again. I had to give the poor foster dog back to the shelter for placement somewhere else for his own good.

It was really too bad. Later, when K was doing Canine Good Citizen, the judge told me the retriever was notorious for being "bad" about breaking out and stuff. I tried, I really did.

TopDaugIn2000
10/26/2007, 09:11 PM
I tried the fostering thing......

<------------------she ain't goin anywhere

ChickSoonerFan
10/26/2007, 09:45 PM
Very cute!

Are they any good for protection?

soonerbrat
10/27/2007, 10:43 AM
she is very slobbery and very sweet but she is going back to the rescue today. I crated her last night when I went out and she broke out of the crate and destroyed my house. Remember Turner & Hooch? OK it wasn't THAT bad, but it was bad. I got home after 1 am and the wooden blinds were torn up, a chair was knocked over, the cats' dishes were broken (i had them put up on the she tore up a bunch of other stuff too. I put her back in the crate when I got home but the door was broken so i shoved it against the wall so hopefuly she wouldn't get out. she cried and howled all night.

At least she didn't chew up my new shoes.

Rogue
10/27/2007, 10:49 AM
Good on ya for tryin' Brat.

OUDoc
10/27/2007, 10:53 AM
she is very slobbery and very sweet but she is going back to the rescue today. I crated her last night when I went out and she broke out of the crate and destroyed my house. Remember Turner & Hooch? OK it wasn't THAT bad, but it was bad. I got home after 1 am and the wooden blinds were torn up, a chair was knocked over, the cats' dishes were broken (i had them put up on the she tore up a bunch of other stuff too. I put her back in the crate when I got home but the door was broken so i shoved it against the wall so hopefuly she wouldn't get out. she cried and howled all night.

Sounds like my kids.

usmc-sooner
10/27/2007, 10:55 AM
that's no boxer!!! it's a pit bull

:D

soonerbrat
well they're bringing me a different one today. This one is supposed to be much better behaved. Her owner was deployed to Iraq last week. He has 2 boxers a boy and a girl, and I was originally going to get the female, Lucy, but the people that were taking the male, Napoleon, said they'd take her too so they wouldn't have to split them up. They're an older retired couple and can take care of them. So now they're getting Layla and I'm getting Lucy as originally planned. Napoleon and Lucy will be split up, but they can take better care of Layla, they won't have to crate her.

anyway, here's Lucy:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w158/pressyboxers/Foster%20Boxers/LucySide.jpghttp://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w158/pressyboxers/Foster%20Boxers/LucyFace.jpg

Mixer!
good jorb, Brat.

soonerbrat
10/27/2007, 11:00 AM
i'm just wondering if the army guy is hawt. maybe I can write him in Iraq and let him know how his dog is doing.

usmc-sooner
10/27/2007, 11:04 AM
i'm just wondering if the army guy is hawt. maybe I can write him in Iraq and let him know how his dog is doing.

Army guy? You don't want no freakin Army guy, you need one of the few, the proud. I'm hotter than a $2.00 pistol, I'm the fastest thing in town, young a lean every young girls dream, turning every head in town.

soonerbrat
10/27/2007, 11:06 AM
Army guy? You don't want no freakin Army guy, you need one of the few, the proud. I'm hotter than a $2.00 pistol, I'm the fastest thing in town, young a lean every young girls dream, turning every head in town.

:hot:

OUDoc
10/27/2007, 11:07 AM
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w158/pressyboxers/Foster%20Boxers/LucySide.jpg

You should probably get your nails done if you're expecting company, brat.

soonerbrat
10/27/2007, 11:10 AM
you think i have man hands?

usmc-sooner
10/27/2007, 11:14 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2b/Seinfeld_s8e3.jpg

OCUDad
10/27/2007, 11:28 AM
I'm the fastest thing in townUh... usmc, that ain't always a good thing. :D

usmc-sooner
10/27/2007, 11:33 AM
Uh... usmc, that ain't always a good thing. :D

She wants a man with a slow hand
She wants a lover with an easy touch
She wants somebody who will spend some time
Not come and go in a heated rush
Baby, believe me I understand
When it comes to love, you want a slow hand

soonerbrat
10/27/2007, 12:29 PM
not just a hand.

Mixer!
10/27/2007, 12:37 PM
http://trickbag.net/slowhand_web_page_files/image011.jpg

TopDaugIn2000
10/27/2007, 02:04 PM

shouldn't stay out so late, dogs dont' like to be alone in a strange place!!! :P Seriously though, hope the new ones work out better. You're doing a great thing. Will the Army guy be back for his dogs eventually???

soonerbrat
10/27/2007, 02:08 PM
shouldn't stay out so late, dogs dont' like to be alone in a strange place!!! :P Seriously though, hope the new ones work out better. You're doing a great thing. Will the Army guy be back for his dogs eventually???

no, he put them up for adoption. don't know how long his deployment is, but he wanted good homes for them.

TopDaugIn2000
10/27/2007, 02:15 PM
oh man, that would suck. i think that would be the hardest thing for me, seriously, having to give up my babies.