PDA

View Full Version : Please Explain

yukonsooner
10/26/2007, 11:34 AM
Why is it that when we can back and scored 17 againt ISU we were a struggling team, but when BC only had 64 yards the first half and came back to win they are the greatest team to ever play football?

KsSooner
10/26/2007, 11:36 AM
ISU was a one win team, VT was ranked #8 in country?

Civicus_Sooner
10/26/2007, 11:44 AM
Hello!

bri
10/26/2007, 12:35 PM
No, that can't be it. IT'S BECAUSE TEH ESPNS HATE OU AND ARE KEEPING THE BLACK MAN DOWN!!!

God, f*cking n00bs.

Curly Bill
10/26/2007, 02:06 PM

What he said...not that I'm saying BC is the greatest team in the country, because it was obvious they're not, but coming back against VT is better then coming back on ISU.

Having said that I'd love to play BC to see who's better. Their team speed just wouldn't near measure up to OUrs...of course I said the same thing against BS in last years bowl. :O

Fraggle145
10/26/2007, 02:10 PM
No, that can't be it. IT'S BECAUSE TEH ESPNS HATE OU AND ARE KEEPING THE BLACK MAN DOWN!!
THATS NOT TRUE!!! [hairGel]

The Maestro
10/26/2007, 02:11 PM
To add to this list:

Games in Ames, Iowa, this year.

Kent State - 23, Iowa State - 14
Northern Iowa - 24, Iowa State - 13

Oh...and Nebraska scored 35 on Iowa State.

TUSooner
10/26/2007, 02:33 PM
Yes, yes, yes: VT @ home >>>> ISU @ home. Silly question.

Having said that: VT anywhere is still OVERRATED, as is BC. But 4 minutes is all it takes to make you the flavor of the week, so there they are - actually tightening their hold on #2. And it's basically because they sucked noisily for 56 minutes and then spanked a VT defense that was worn out because VT had no recognizable offense.
Any CFB fan who watches more than 1 game per week knows that BC could be PWN3D by more than a handful of teams with 1 loss (or 2 - see UFla).
And, BTW Matt Ryan <<< Tim Tebow
Although I will give Ryan credit for forgetting about how badly he played for 56 minutes and snatching the candy offered by VT.

(I'm praising UFla; I need to lie down for awhile)

soonerlaw
10/26/2007, 04:26 PM
VT got blown out by LSU, who got beat by Kentucky, who got beat by USC, who got beat by Vandy, and Vandy sucks.. so BC coming back on VT is like BC coming back on Vandy, who sucks.. which is about the same as OU coming back on ISU, who sucks. So the comebacks are about the same, IMO. ;)

TopDawg
10/26/2007, 04:32 PM
Yes, yes, yes: VT @ home >>>> ISU @ home. Silly question.

Having said that: VT anywhere is still OVERRATED, as is BC. But 4 minutes is all it takes to make you the flavor of the week, so there they are - actually tightening their hold on #2.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them actually lose a few votes in the human polls. The fact that it was the only game on probably hurt them. I think a pollster looking at a 14-10 boxscore on Sunday without having watched the game might assume BC played better than they did last night when, probably, many pollsters were watching.

stoopified
10/26/2007, 04:36 PM
VT got blown out by LSU, who got beat by Kentucky, who got beat by USC, who got beat by Vandy, and Vandy sucks.. so BC coming back on VT is like BC coming back on Vandy, who sucks.. which is about the same as OU coming back on ISU, who sucks. So the comebacks are about the same, IMO. ;)
The perfect example of convoluted thinking,GOOD JOB.

TUSooner
10/26/2007, 07:01 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see them actually lose a few votes in the human polls. The fact that it was the only game on probably hurt them. I think a pollster looking at a 14-10 boxscore on Sunday without having watched the game might assume BC played better than they did last night when, probably, many pollsters were watching.
Well maybe. But whie I was driving around listening to ESPN radio, all those goobers, were gushing about the last 4 minutes, as if it were the Creation and Ryan the Creator. OK, I exaggerate. But the consensus seemed to be that the comeback was a "statement" for BC and Ryan-for-Heisman and that it canceled out the 56 minutes diaper soiling that preceeded it.

Alum81
10/26/2007, 09:05 PM
No, that can't be it. IT'S BECAUSE TEH ESPNS HATE OU AND ARE KEEPING THE BLACK MAN DOWN!!!

God, f*cking n00bs.

Priceless,

high post count snobbery.

WakeflyingSooner
10/26/2007, 10:09 PM
Scoreboard is scoreboard! It will see us at the end! If not, we will be next years #1.

85sooners
10/26/2007, 10:31 PM
ou would slap bc !!

Soonerus
10/26/2007, 10:33 PM
BC VERY unimpressive...probably not legitimately a Top 10 team...

Sir Elwood
10/26/2007, 10:57 PM
The M. Ryan-Heisman association was ridiculous during the game last night. They couldn't do the play-by-play without mentioning 'Heisman' every single time they said "Matt Ryan."

MissouriSooner
10/26/2007, 11:12 PM
Maybe I was listening to what I wanted to hear, but I kept hearing Todd Blackledge repeat - stating the obvious - how ordinary and not-very-fast-afoot BC was, and how their O-lineman were getting their butts handed to them by the VT pass rush. Didn't sound like he was sugar-coating BC to me.

kevpks
10/26/2007, 11:13 PM
The M. Ryan-Heisman association was ridiculous during the game last night. They couldn't do the play-by-play without mentioning 'Heisman' every single time they said "Matt Ryan."

I've seen that in a lot of games (FL, Oregon, Kentucky). It is getting a little ridiculous. There is still just one Heisman right? These announcers are trying to give out about 10 this year.

proudsoonergal
10/26/2007, 11:53 PM
I agree that BC looked less than impressive, at least for 56 minutes. Probably not top 10 material. To be fair, though, I wouldn't say that OU looked all that impressive in the 2nd half against Colorado or most of the ISU game. If you based our ranking on either one of those games, I'm not sure we would look like a top 10-er either.

I'd also like to agree with the posters about VT. VT has had a pretty crappy offense this season - they are overrated. Or I guess "were."

Crucifax Autumn
10/27/2007, 01:02 AM
No, they'll still be overrated.