PDA

View Full Version : Misheard Lyrics

Redshirt
10/25/2007, 04:24 PM
I recently got my 11 year old son an MP3 player. He has been asking me about songs to download, mostly guitar hero stuff and classic rock. Apparently AC/DC is enjoying a resurgence with today's youth because my 14 YO daughter has asked me where may AC/DC cd's are. My son has caught this interest and recently asked me to download a song for him. He told me the song was THUNDER CHIEF by AC/DC. I told him I did not know that one but maybe he was thinking of THUNDERSTRUCK, we listened to several other AC/DC songs but he said that they were not the one that he was looking for. He asked me a week or so later if I had found THUNDER CHIEF for him and I said that I still did not know that song. He told me that he had heard it on the radio just the day before and it was AC/DC, he was sure of it.

Another week or so goes by and he asks again about this same song but says that the title may be DUNDER CHIEF. I look him squarely in the eyes and tell him that I am 100% sure that AC/DC does not have a song called DUNDER CHIEF.

Days later I am in the car by myself and an AC/DC song comes on the radio. Now I am not really paying much attention to the music but the chorus grabs my attention about the third time through...DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP...DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP...DIRTY DEEDS DUNDER CHIEF.

I laughed until tears streamed down my face.

SoonerStormchaser
10/25/2007, 04:33 PM
...blinded by the light...wrapped up like a d0uche another roner in the night...

crawfish
10/25/2007, 04:34 PM
Scuze me, while I kiss this guy.

crawfish
10/25/2007, 04:35 PM
She's got electric boobs, I know it's true, I saw 'em in a magazine...

TUSooner
10/25/2007, 04:48 PM
Ther is a word for misheard lyrics. I think it's "mondegreens." SOmebidy look it up, I have to log off and go home to the vodka, I MEAN THE FAMILY!!!

:)

StormySooner-IN
10/25/2007, 05:35 PM
...blinded by the light...wrapped up like a d0uche another roner in the night...Seriously!

Sooner98
10/25/2007, 05:51 PM
Don't go around tonight, well it's bound to take your life,
There's a bathroom on the right.

SoonerStormchaser
10/25/2007, 05:58 PM
That's what SicEm sings after fajita night!

Soonrboy
10/25/2007, 10:30 PM
I thought Cher sang about "gypsy chimpanzees" and the men would come "and lay their monkey down"

Ardmore_Sooner
10/25/2007, 10:37 PM
Ther is a word for misheard lyrics. I think it's "mondegreens." SOmebidy look it up, I have to log off and go home to the vodka, I MEAN THE FAMILY!!!

:)

You are correct sir!

Sooner98
10/25/2007, 11:15 PM
I fall in love, whenever we meet;
I'm asking you, cuz you know about bee stings.

StoopTroup
10/26/2007, 12:47 AM
Hey, Jew, don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better

AllAboutThe'O'
10/26/2007, 01:44 AM
For the longest time, I thought the main chorus in Dobie Gray's "Drift Away" was "Gimme the Beach Boys, and free my soul..."
Nope, it's actually, "Gimme the beat, boy, and free my soul...."

IronSooner
10/26/2007, 02:24 AM
I spent a good couple of years thinking what an odd gift a cross-eyed bear would be, and why Alanis Morrisette brought it up

It's not fair
To deny me
Of the cross-eyed bear
That you gave to me
You oughta know

limey_sooner
10/26/2007, 03:29 AM
I can see Deirdre now Lorraine has gone.

Sooner24
10/27/2007, 12:00 AM
My youngest son used to think they were saying.....

"I wish they called it beach California girls" instead of "I wish they all could be California girls". :D

OKC Sooner
10/27/2007, 12:13 AM
My wings are wet, my wings are wet, my wings are wet, my wings are wet,
My wings are wet, my wings are wet, my wings are wet, my wings are wet,
In the jungle, the quiet jungle, the lions sleeps tonight....

rufnek05
10/27/2007, 12:14 AM
Don't go around tonight, well it's bound to take your life,
There's a bathroom on the right.

I thought that too until I was about 11 or 12.

King Crimson
10/27/2007, 12:32 AM
I thought Cher sang about "gypsy chimpanzees" and the men would come "and lay their monkey down"

this thread has been done before but this was my favorite. props to srboy for coming correct again.

there was another pina colada song one that went "do you like cheese enchiladas".

as a young'un i thought Bowie's suffragette city was chocolate chip city.

goingoneight
10/27/2007, 12:34 AM
I've got big ba...
He's got big ba...

eh... you can't really screw that one up.