PDA

View Full Version : Good grilled shrimp recipe

colleyvillesooner
10/25/2007, 04:13 PM
I wanted to grill some shrimp this weekend. What's the best/easisest recipe you got as far as what to put on them and how to cook em?

Do I just get the one's already peeled and such in the seafood counter like this:

http://www.charlestonseafood.com/images/Amazon/Shrimp-cooked-500.jpg

Mjcpr
10/25/2007, 04:14 PM
Smoke them for about 4-6 hours.

colleyvillesooner
10/25/2007, 04:15 PM
I'll only have access to a gas grill charcoal grill, and a kitchen.

NO smoker, in case you were serious.

Mjcpr
10/25/2007, 04:17 PM
No, I wasn't serious. The only thing I know is to season them a little bit and grill 'em up.....but they don't take very long to cook at all. If you leave them on too long they'll make a great chew toy.

colleyvillesooner
10/25/2007, 04:23 PM
No, I wasn't serious. The only thing I know is to season them a little bit and grill 'em up.....but they don't take very long to cook at all. If you leave them on too long they'll make a great chew toy.

Yeah, that's kinda what I did last time, just seasoned them with creole seasoning and lemon. They were ok, but I'm looking for ideas...

LilSooner
10/25/2007, 04:42 PM
Take a shrimp, a thin piece of jalepeno and small piece of onion and wrap all three together with a piece of bacon. Throw on the grill till bacon is cooked.

Your welcome in advance.

JohnnyMack
10/25/2007, 04:47 PM
You're.

Harry Beanbag
10/25/2007, 04:49 PM
a

yermom
10/25/2007, 04:50 PM

JohnnyMack
10/25/2007, 04:51 PM

colleyvillesooner
10/25/2007, 05:18 PM
:mad:

thank you Lil.

Rogue
10/25/2007, 05:30 PM
Easier'n it sounds...

soak some bamboo skewers in the sink for 'bout an hour.
Peel and devein (or buy 'em that way) a bunch o'shrimp.
Slide em on the skewer loosely. That is, only 5-6 per skewer and not touching one another.

Sprinkle liberally with lemon pepper and, if you like, just a bit of garlic salt.

Spray 'em with Pam, throw 'em on a hot grill and cook until they are orange and white (versue blue and clear).

Squeeze fresh lemon on 'em and eat. Seriously, I've tried many variations and this simple one is the best.

Mongo
10/25/2007, 06:25 PM
Follow Rogue's skewer technique.

In a bowl, mix some of that Asian chili sauce(pic of it here: http://www.gourmetfoodmall.com/merchants/AsianC01/SHC.jpg) with juice from a lime, and some honey, and some fresh black pepper.

I cant give you measurements cause I never measured it out. If it is too chili saucey or limey, add more honey. It neutralizes the acidity of the chili and lime.

MamaMia
10/25/2007, 07:51 PM
I use the jumbo shelled and deveined Tiger shrimp for this recipe.
Put your shrimp in a Gallon Ziplock bag. For each pound of shrimp you use add 2 large, or 3 medium sized cloves of garlic, sliced lengthwise in thirds, along with 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil, 1 tbsp fresh chopped oregano, 1 tsp dried chili flakes, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce.

Marinate that for 2 to 3 hours. Then place your shrimp on bamboo skewers sideways so they won’t slip with a piece of garlic between each. Grill, turning as needed until pink. It takes about 2 to 3 minutes per side. As mentioned, don’t overcook them or else they'll turn all rubbery.

CatfishSooner
10/25/2007, 08:27 PM
this thread makes me hungry!