PDA

View Full Version : Great Post Season Pitching Performances

stoops the eternal pimp
10/25/2007, 11:41 AM
I am not a Red Sox or Josh Beckett fan, but this has been one of the most dominating pitching performances I have ever seen from a pitcher. It just seems like there are some guys who are good throughout the season, and take it up a notch in the playoffs, such as what he did in 2003 also. Jack Morris and Jose Rijo are 2 other names that come to mind.

I know there are others I m not thinking of

By the way, the best pitcher ever in meaningless games- Roger Clemens

GrapevineSooner
10/25/2007, 11:43 AM
Orel Hershiser in 1988 had a 59 consecutive scoreless inning streak.

And as much as people remember Gibby's homer off Eck in Game 1, the Dodgers (like the Red Sox and Beckett) would not have even sniffed the World Series in '88 if not for Orel.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/26/2007, 01:38 AM
I am not a Red Sox or Josh Beckett fan, but this has been one of the most dominating pitching performances I have ever seen from a pitcher. It just seems like there are some guys who are good throughout the season, and take it up a notch in the playoffs, such as what he did in 2003 also. Jack Morris and Jose Rijo are 2 other names that come to mind.

I know there are others I m not thinking of

By the way, the best pitcher ever in meaningless games- Roger Clemens
Yeah, but did Beckett ever throw a perfect game, like Don Larsen did for the Yanks in the '56 Series?
Also, Lew Burdette had a heckuva Series the following year, in '57 for the Milwaukee Braves. He won three complete games, including two shutouts.