PDA

View Full Version : Aggies acting... aggie-ish in Kingfisher.

Landthief 1972
10/25/2007, 09:25 AM
So the new Wal-Mart Super Center opened in Kingfisher yesterday. Jason White, Steve Owens and Billy Sims were on hand to shake hands and sign autographs (yes, in Stoolwater West, go figure). My dad was there (got sigs and photos) and said there were tons of OSU fans in line buying OU footballs for these guys to sign, including this one hag that is the wife of my brother's friend who drives me up the wall. She's always pulling the "you're a typical OU fan - didn't go to OU, don't support all the school's sports, blah blah, blah, gooner cheater, etc. If you try to reason with her, she turns it into a shouting match, and I'm to the point where I hate to be around her.

Dad took her picture holding that beautiful crimson and cream football standing next to those 3 giants of college football. Hopefully, I can bring the photo to work and print it real big on the plotter and paste it to her front door. :stunned:

OKLA21FAN
10/25/2007, 09:28 AM
does this thread have any value with the omission of pictures?

cheezyq
10/25/2007, 09:36 AM
The absence of documenting photographs has contributed to the lack of value that would have been inherent with this topic, were the topic to include the representative footage.

Landthief 1972
10/25/2007, 09:36 AM
As soon as I can get them, I'll post them. I'm not sure they had the cojones to get the autographs while wearing their aggie gear. So unless you know them and know they're aggies, it really wouldn't help the story. :(

badger
10/25/2007, 10:05 AM
So the new Wal-Mart Super Center opened in Kingfisher yesterday. Jason White, Steve Owens and Billy Sims were on hand to shake hands and sign autographs (yes, in Stoolwater West, go figure). My dad was there (got sigs and photos) and said there were tons of OSU fans in line buying OU footballs for these guys to sign, including this one hag that is the wife of my brother's friend who drives me up the wall. She's always pulling the "you're a typical OU fan - didn't go to OU, don't support all the school's sports, blah blah, blah, gooner cheater, etc. If you try to reason with her, she turns it into a shouting match, and I'm to the point where I hate to be around her.

Dad took her picture holding that beautiful crimson and cream football standing next to those 3 giants of college football. Hopefully, I can bring the photo to work and print it real big on the plotter and paste it to her front door. :stunned:
You should have asked her, "why didn't they have OSU's three Heisman winners onhand here?"

Oh WAIT... :D:D:D

85sooners
10/25/2007, 10:21 AM
lol

tommieharris91
10/25/2007, 10:22 AM

I thought osu fans didn't go to Wal-Mart. :confused:

StoopTroup
10/25/2007, 10:40 AM
I thought osu fans didn't go to Wal-Mart. :confused:
They were at work.

bri
10/25/2007, 01:11 PM
You should have asked her, "why didn't they have OSU's three Heisman winners onhand here?"

Oh WAIT... :D:D:D

That only works until aggy realize all they need is Barry Sanders and two mirrors and THEY'RE JUST AS GOOD AS THE DAMN CHEATING GOONERS AGAIN!

Of course, the kink in that senario is combining the words "aggy" and "realize".

picasso
10/25/2007, 01:27 PM
bet those 3 couldn't wait to get out of that metropolis.

Landthief 1972
10/25/2007, 01:38 PM
bet those 3 couldn't wait to get out of that metropolis.

Aside from all the mouth-breathing Aggies flipping burgers and changing oil, it's a nice town, actually.

OSUAggie
10/25/2007, 02:04 PM
Why the hell are they opening up a Wal*Mart - even if it is a Supercenter?

That seems kind of odd.

Almost as odd as OSU fans having them sign footballs.

I have now decided that Kingfisher is a strange place.

OKLA21FAN
10/25/2007, 02:05 PM
Why the hell are they opening up a Wal-Mart - even if it is a Supercenter?

That seems kind of odd.

lead by that Johnson family and that car/RV dealership!

Curly Bill
10/25/2007, 02:09 PM
They were at work.

heh, heh, heh

mdklatt
10/25/2007, 02:15 PM
They were at work.

That can't be. All oSu fans have college degrees...from oSu. OH, I get it now.

:D

picasso
10/25/2007, 03:00 PM
Aside from all the mouth-breathing Aggies flipping burgers and changing oil, it's a nice town, actually.
ah my bad. I was thinking they were in Stillwater.

bri
10/25/2007, 03:10 PM

Our living Heisman winners would appear at the opening of an envelope if it paid enough.

Don't get me wrong, I honor their careers and love what they have done to help make OU one of the elite college football programs in history, but "living Sooner legend" only goes so far when it's time to buy groceries. ;)

Landthief 1972
10/25/2007, 03:12 PM
lead by that Johnson family and that car/RV dealership!

Many a former Cowboy football player "worked" there over the years.

Landthief 1972
10/25/2007, 03:15 PM

That seems kind of odd.

Hey man, we gots the Supercenter AND a McDonald's (just opened 2 weeks ago). As an Aggie, you should like Kingfisher - it's a TOWN ON THE RISE™. :stunned:

Landthief 1972
10/25/2007, 03:19 PM
Just talked to dad. He didn't get any pics of Aggies in actual Aggie garb while paying homage to OU greats. He did see a lot of people that he knows are Aggies in line, so I guess they went incognito. :)

mdklatt
10/25/2007, 03:42 PM
He did see a lot of people that he knows are Aggies in line, so I guess they went incognito. :)

Just like all the aggies in Norman that only make their presence known when the sheep shaggers are doing well. But oSu doesn't have bandwagon fans or anything. :rolleyes:

TUSooner
10/25/2007, 03:48 PM
They were at work.

picasso
10/25/2007, 03:49 PM
Just like all the aggies in Norman that only make their presence known when the sheep shaggers are doing well. But oSu doesn't have bandwagon fans or anything. :rolleyes:
this is the great myth. they've been good at wrestling forever but we didn't hear squat from them until 12-0.

stoopified
10/25/2007, 04:00 PM
The absence of documenting photographs has contributed to the lack of value that would have been inherent with this topic, were the topic to include the representative footage.Yeah,this thread is wortless without pics.

bluedogok
10/25/2007, 08:46 PM
That can't be. All oSu fans have college degrees...from oSu. OH, I get it now.

Except for my ex-brother-in-law who....well, is not very smart let alone intelligent.

Kingfisher is growin' up I guess, that old Wal-Mart was a dinky one. I have an ex-girlfriend whose grandmother lived in Loyal, so i have been through there a few times.

yur-out
10/25/2007, 08:53 PM
They were at work.
Sooo, this was late at night when the stock crew was there?

wishbonesooner
10/26/2007, 07:43 AM
Is opening a stinking Wal Mart a big deal? Jeez.

OKLA21FAN
10/26/2007, 07:47 AM
must be in Kingfisher :pop:

Animal Mother
10/26/2007, 08:10 AM
Just talked to dad. He didn't get any pics of Aggies in actual Aggie garb while paying homage to OU greats. He did see a lot of people that he knows are Aggies in line, so I guess they went incognito. :)

They were wearing plastic teeth from the Halloween display????

Landthief 1972
10/26/2007, 09:15 AM

In the town where Sam Walton was born? Yeah, I'm sure the suits at Wal-Mart didn't want to pimp that at all. :pop:

Considering we've been getting extorted by United Supermarkets for the last 30+ years, a lot of people were dancing jigs about paying less than $6 for a box of cereal. If United doesn't do some damage control and expand their store, they are screwed.

wishbonesooner
10/26/2007, 09:38 AM
I don't care if Abraham frikking Lincoln was born there, IT'S A WALMART!.

OU4LIFE
10/26/2007, 09:40 AM
this is the great myth. they've been good at wrestling forever but we didn't hear squat from them until 12-0.

Let's mint a coin and give it to all the graduating seniors!

that's win #15 out of about 100 you freaking re-tards. Mint that.

cheezyq
10/26/2007, 09:49 AM
Sooo, this was late at night when the stock crew was there?

No, they were the greeters. It takes more nollij than a degree from oSu provides to stock shelves. An oSu grad is perfectly suited to simply saying "Welcome to Wal-mart" as customers come in. There's still the chance they could screw even that up. But it's worth it to Wal-mart's public image to help the community and the mentally challenged for the price of a minimum wage salary.

bluedogok
10/26/2007, 09:07 PM
United will be closing in less than a year.....

WakeflyingSooner
10/26/2007, 09:54 PM
I drove by that WM on my way to Enid a couple of weeks ago. Nice Place! I drove back by on my way to the OU-MU game. I like the houses on 81. Her in H-Town they sell for $350.000. And you do know there's a Braums! GOD I MISS THAT PLACE!

Crucifax Autumn
10/27/2007, 02:24 AM
No, they were the greeters. It takes more nollij than a degree from oSu provides to stock shelves. An oSu grad is perfectly suited to simply saying "Welcome to Wal-mart" as customers come in. There's still the chance they could screw even that up.

So they might yell "you can't come in! You're not a man! You're not 40!!!!!!"

goingoneight
10/27/2007, 01:21 PM
If they send us another Curtis Lofton, they can have all the aggies and Hook 'ems they want.

fossil
10/28/2007, 03:12 PM
They were at work.

Yeah, at Walmart!

picasso
10/30/2007, 12:29 PM
Let's mint a coin and give it to all the graduating seniors!

that's win #15 out of about 100 you freaking re-tards. Mint that.
"did you hear what he said?"
"let's get'em!"

Landthief 1972
10/30/2007, 12:43 PM
If they send us another Curtis Lofton, they can have all the aggies and Hook 'ems they want.

Sorry man, but judging by history, you're going to have to wait another 100 years to get another Curtis coming out of Kingfisher. We've never really been known as a big football town up until the late '90s, '00s.

My senior year we went 2-8; and I started at o- and d-line weighing in at 155 lbs. Really put the current OU line to shame. :D