PDA

View Full Version : Lubbock/TTECh gameday knowledge havers

OKLA21FAN
10/25/2007, 09:22 AM
Planning on taking the 5th Wheel to Lubbock from Dallas for the game and have never been to a game there before. have heard a couple of 'bad' stories about visitors cars/RVs being vandalized and such, but often times those stories are very isolated.

i have not call TTech yet to find out where the RV lot is located. we will be getting to Lubbock late Friday afternoon, and will return to Dallas Sunday morning.

any advice and some such will be greatly appreciated.

Scoregasm
10/25/2007, 09:37 AM
Pimp your ride in Camouflage. Put a Big Red "N" on it and eveyone will eave it alone out of pity.

MamaMia
10/25/2007, 09:56 AM
Here you go. :)

Click the link. http://www.depts.ttu.edu/communications/news/stories/07-09-football-parking.php

OUmillenium
10/25/2007, 09:59 AM
Yeah definitely watch out for the sand ags. Last time I was there in 99, one of them locked my keys in my car. What a headache

badger
10/25/2007, 10:00 AM
KNOWLEDGE HAVERS?!

I thought the correct term was KNOW3RS ABOUT3RS!

oh, and tceh fanz will have field days with sooner vehicles, so either stay with them, or plant a baylor flag on top.

soonernation
10/25/2007, 10:05 AM
You’re able to park your RV in the Spirit Arena parking lot but you need to get there Friday night. They say it officially opens for Parking @ 5:00pm Friday but people always get there early. I have been to every OU game in Lubbock since the Big 12 formed and have never had any major problems. There is the occasional jackass but they’re everywhere.

85sooners
10/25/2007, 10:26 AM
dont go!

fwsooner22
10/25/2007, 10:30 AM
Other than Waco.....Lubbock has been the most fun place for us!......Sure some of the students are nuts but so are ours!.......there is plenty of booze being consumed.........Stay away from the packs of students and you will have a blast.......we don't miss this trip!

MamaMia
10/25/2007, 10:48 AM
We'll be there. We seldom miss a game in Lubbock. It gets extremely dusty there and the construction makes it even worse, so if you wear contacts, you might want to switch over to your glasses that day. If you have extras, share them with the refs. :)

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/25/2007, 11:51 AM
Lubbock is one of my favorite places to go. THey have bad fans just like everyone else, but I have never heard of mass damage to opposing fans cars. Also, there is a huge parking lot in a shopping center directly across the stadium on 4th Street you might look at. Not sure if it is presold or not, but may be something worth looking in to. If you park at United Spirit Arena, you are going to have a little bit of a walk to get to the stadium.

soonernation
10/25/2007, 01:05 PM
Lubbock is one of my favorite places to go. THey have bad fans just like everyone else, but I have never heard of mass damage to opposing fans cars. Also, there is a huge parking lot in a shopping center directly across the stadium on 4th Street you might look at. Not sure if it is presold or not, but may be something worth looking in to. If you park at United Spirit Arena, you are going to have a little bit of a walk to get to the stadium.

They are building a new road where everyone used to tailgate across from the stadium. I heard somewhere that they are not letting you tailgate and park in the remaining parking lot. They have buses you can get on from United Spirit.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/25/2007, 01:26 PM
They are building a new road where everyone used to tailgate across from the stadium. I heard somewhere that they are not letting you tailgate and park in the remaining parking lot. They have buses you can get on from United Spirit.

Ah yes, I forgot, the Marcia Sharp Freeway is going in there. It has been a year since a went to a game there. My wife graduated from Tech, so we always go to one game a year there. I forgot about the construction though...

Spek!

David Earl
10/25/2007, 02:11 PM
Because of the afore mentioned freeway construction project, parking around Jones Stadium will be horrible. You'll be better off to park in Witchita Falls and walk.

bluedogok
10/25/2007, 08:52 PM
Ah yes, I forgot, the Marcia Sharp Freeway is going in there. It has been a year since a went to a game there. My wife graduated from Tech, so we always go to one game a year there. I forgot about the construction though...

Spek!
My wife graduated from there as well, we haven't been to a game there yet but we go to the game when it is in Norman using my dad's tix. One of these years we will go up there. I have a couple of Tech grads in my office with season tix who go to most games, but they still have family in the area.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/26/2007, 07:56 AM
My wife graduated from there as well, we haven't been to a game there yet but we go to the game when it is in Norman using my dad's tix. One of these years we will go up there. I have a couple of Tech grads in my office with season tix who go to most games, but they still have family in the area.

If you don't have anything planned that weekend, the Tech Athletic Office still had tickets as of two days ago. It is not too bad for a smaller stadium and the press box renovations are very nice as well. I haven't sat in a bad seat in the place. Also, I really enjoy thier campus as well. I am one of the few people that enjoy going to Lubbock though.

I feel sorry for those people in your office with tickets. A six hour drive or flight every other weekend. That would take a toll on you. We have several of her college friends that live down here and it is almost a must flight from here, otherwise it is a 9-hour drive.

Sooner24
10/26/2007, 05:59 PM
Because of the afore mentioned freeway construction project, parking around Jones Stadium will be horrible. You'll be better off to park in Witchita Falls and walk.

Would I be able to find a place to park in Guthrie? ;)

owenfieldreams
10/26/2007, 06:58 PM
David, that would be Wichita Falls. Honestly, there should be parking in Benjamin or Guthrie. I think there's a shuttle from the 6666 ranch.